Money, Bombs and Little Red Dots

I'm Kim Kibum. Keep that in Mind.

 

KIBUM

After Leeteuk sent him home, Kibum walked around the apartment, suddenly bored. He sat in his desk, fiddling with the little pipe cleaner astray on it. He then spotted the white envelope and picked it up. So many thoughts rolled in his head, and he didn’t know whether to open it or to just leave it unopened for eternity.

Bom said it will help with your case, his annoying conscience told him. Open it.

Kibum was about to rip it open when there was a knock on the door. He opened it and found a mailman standing in front of the doorway. The mailman’s cap was down low so Kibum couldn’t see his face.

“Package for Kim Kibum,” His voice was soft, yet it had an echoic feeling to it. Kibum stared at him for a bit.

“Don’t you just leave the mail on the first floor? Like you usually do?” Kibum inquired. The mailman shrugged.

“It wouldn’t fit. Plus, this is a private package; no one should know you got it,”

“Who’s it from?”

“Look, I’m just a mailman. Just take it and sign the paper,” His soft voice had a sharp ring to it. Kibum signed the paper and closed the door. The package was just covered in brown paper, and there was nothing special to it.

He opened it only to find a huge wad of cash, probably $10,000 in American. Why someone would send him so much he doesn’t know. Kibum put that aside and found a note at the bottom and a metallic box. The note read:

Kim Kibum,

I hope you use the cash wisely. Just say it’s a raise for the good job you’ve done.

Oh and don’t forget what Siwon had told you. It’s important.

You should look back in the box now. There’s a surprise in there that will blow your socks off.

Kibum was puzzled by the note, but he looked back at the weird metal box. Suddenly a red light appeared and started blinking, beeping slowly. It started to speed up and the box shuddered.

“Oh !” Kibum grabbed it and quickly threw it out the nearest window. Kibum watched as the box exploded in the air, out of anyone’s harm. Hopefully, the neighbours will think it’s a fireworks display, he thought bitterly. He looked back at the note, trying to make sense of it. Who would want to blow his apartment up? And kill him? How did this person know what Siwon said to him? Why give so much cash?? Not that Kibum was complaining about the cash. Kibum sat on the couch, utterly confused. Suddenly he got up again and rushed out the door. He had realized one more thing.

 

 

The window was already opened when he threw out the bomb.

 

BOM

Bom remembered going through Kibum’s window again, just to make sure he read the envelope. Seeing he didn’t, she pulled it out and put it in plain sight so it could haunt him ‘til he opens it. She smirked at the memory. Another gust of wind blew past Bom, rustling her hair and trench coat. She shivered slightly, wishing her coat was warmer. Nevertheless, she stayed in position, peering through the eyehole and keeping her finger on the trigger. Through the eyehole she could see a lit up window, but no one was there yet. Suddenly she saw a man past by.

He’s home, she thought. The man had went into another room (this was a huge overlooking window) and came out piggybacking a little girl. They were laughing and he was running around. The girl pointed to the window and together they went there and admired the view.

Bom stretched her fingers and got ready to shoot.

 

KIBUM

Kibum kept running. He ran all the way to Leeteuk’s house.

He’ll know what to do!! Kibum thought frantically.  He always does when I don’t!!!

Kibum rushed into the apartment and furiously pressed the button in the elevator. For some reason his whole body wanted him to rush.

FASTER FASTER FASTER!!!!!  He stared anxiously as the floor numbers went up. When the elevator opened with a quiet ‘ding’ Kibum ran out and burst through Leeteuk’s front door.

Thank goodness it’s never locked, Kibum thought, relieved.

“Leeteuk we need to talk,” Kibum panted out the words. Leeteuk turned around with Sunghae on his back. Sunghae looked at him, slightly concerned.

“You okay?” Sunghae cocked her head to one side. Kibum flailed his arms and accidentally turned off the lights.

“Hey what gives!?” Sunghae shouted in surprise. Then he noticed that little red dot that appeared on Sunghae’s arm. It slowly dawned on him what it was.

“DUCK!!!” he shouted, but it was too late.

 He heard the tiny ping! as the bullet shoved through the glass. It buried itself into Sunghae’s arm. She screamed and fell off of Leeteuk’s back. Leeteuk, who didn’t know what was happening, was suddenly shocked and alarmed by the sudden blood that poured out of her skinny arm. Sunghae fainted.

“OMO GET THE AMBULANCE! HELP!!” He wailed, holding her limp in his arms. Kibum ran to the nearest phone and made the call. After that he ran to grab the first aid kit, pulling the gauze out and throwing to Leeteuk.

“Press this onto the wound really hard. She’ll die if she loses too much blood.” Leeteuk did what Kibum said.  Kibum knelt down in front of Sunghae and rolled her gently to one side, making sure her airways are open and she could still breathe.

“I’ll get some towels in case the blood still runs. Whatever you do, DON’T TAKE OFF THE GAUZE.”

“C-can you get her some water too?” Kibum shook his head.

“Don’t you remember any of training? Never give a shot victim food or water until the ambulance come.” Leeteuk nodded slowly, still in a daze from what happened to poor Sunghae. Kibum stared out the window, past the hole in it cause by a bullet. He stared and stared.

 

He couldn’t tell whether it was his imagination, or did he see a feminine shape move away from the roof with the gun. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``

Another update before bed^^

thanks for commenting! you know who you are^^ seriously though, you guys compelled me to write another chapter :)

well, as you can see, i write when i feel like it, and normally i need to be in a mood to write. your comments put me in that mood xDDDD

well, like i ALWAYS say, comments are always welcome!!!!!! <3