That One Night....

I'm Kim Kibum. Keep that in Mind.

 

hello helllooo~

didnt update lately, hope you like this chappy! its a little dramatic, cuz i remember someone wanting to know what happened to sunghae....... 

happy reading~~!!

 

 

KIBUM

 

“Kim Kibum?” Kibum looked up to see a nurse holding a clipboard.

“That’s me.”  

“You can see the patient—” she checked her clipboard, “Sunghae now.” Kibum gingerly got up and followed her into a room. There he saw Sunghae tucked in a hospital bed, attached to a breathing apparatus. Various tubes were stuck in the back of her hand, and she had a cast on her arm. She also had a plastic thing on her finger in case she needed help. Despite all these things, Sunghae managed to give Kibum a feeble smile. The nurse went back out, her heels clicking on the smooth tile floor. Sunghae’s doctor looked up from his clipboard.

“Aah, Kibum, I can’t thank you enough,” he said, patting Kibum’s back. “If you didn’t do what you did back there, Sunghae would’ve lost too much blood, and she could’ve died on the way here.” Kibum smiled.

“No probs, doc,” he said. The doctor smiled and walked to the door.

“I’ll leave you two now,” He said, walking out.

 

SUNGHAE

“Hey,” Sunghae said, smiling a little wider.

“Sup,” Kibum pulled a chair beside her bed and sat down. “How are you feeling?”

“Um, yeah, I guess,” What Sunghae really wanted to say was I GOT SHOT IN THE ARM WHAT DO YOU THINK?!!?!? but thought better, because Kibum probably got shot all the time. Kibum was looking down at his feet, as if he was guilty of something.

“Hey, what you said about my parents, it’s okay, you didn’t know,” Sunghae said softly, trying to comfort him.

“I’m sorry, my estimations were kinda rash,” Kibum scratched to back of his head.

“It’s okay, the truth about my parents is—” Sunghae bit her bottom lip, wondering if this was a good idea telling Kibum. Kibum was listening, and there was a soft look to his eyes, like he was going to be there no matter what. Sunghae sighed and decided to continue on.

*FLASHBACK IN SUNGHAE’S POV*

Oh, I don’t know…. Will they go? I thought about the awesome news I wanted to tell them.

“Mum, Dad, is that you guys?” I perked up as I heard the door swing open and slam shut. Dad always said he’ll fix it, but he’s always too busy to do it.

“Sunghae sweetie!! Come here quick! We have such wonderful news to tell you!!” I heard my mom’s vivacious voice ring out, and I immediately made my way to the front door.

“We got promoted!” My dad’s deep voice boomed happily. His hair was wild like always, and his eyes were shining like they do when he’s happy or excited. Mum was grinning from ear to ear, and her beautiful auburn hair that was normally tucked into a bun fell to her shoulders and back.

“We’re going to help make Seoul an even better place to live!”

“Wow, daddy, that’s awesome,” I gave them both a hug. Then I pulled back, remembering something.

“Mum, Dad, I have this school play, and I made one of the main roles, and—”

“Oh that’s wonderful sweetie!”

“I’m so proud of my little actress!”

“C-can you come watch it?” I hated asking questions like that, because the answers would always be “I can’t, I have a meeting” or “I’m so sorry hun, but I have so much to do!” or “Maybe next time, ara?”

“Of course! I want to see my little actress! When is the play?”

“…..three days from now…” Their faces paled and they looked at each other.

“Sunghae sweetie, three days from now, well it’s just that—”

“I know, I know, you have a meeting or something really important.” The statement came out a little harsher then I intended. My parents looked like they got punched in the chest.

 “No, it’s really okay, I mean, your job is super important, and well, yeah…” I tried to rephrase my words, but it came out funny. My parents looked at each other again, still feeling bad.

“How about we go out today to your favourite Japanese restaurant? To celebrate?” My dad suggested. I smiled and nodded, even though I felt a little sad inside.

“Okay! Kaja kaja (let’s go let’s go)!!!” We all headed into the car and rode off.

We finished eating and were heading home now. We reached the red light and stopped. Dad turned around.

“Hey, I know this play means so much to you, so your mom and I are going to try our best we can do to watch it, ara?” I smiled.

“Thanks mom and dad,” They both were smiling at me now. Suddenly I saw bright lights heading from the side super fast.

“DADDY WATCH OUT!!!” My smiling dad turned around only too late.

FLABOOOOM!!!

A huge truck crashed into the side of the car and we flipped over a few times before landing upside-down. The windows were smashed, and the glass cut my neck and arms. It hurt so much. My parents were in even worse condition, with dad’s head bleeding and mom’s beautiful face cut severely.

“Mom!! Dad!! Please don’t die!” I cried trying to wriggle out of my seat. It was no use, the seatbelt was locked and I was stuck. Mom and Dad were also stuck. Despite the situation, they still smiled for me.

“We’ll be alright sweet, don’t worry, we’ll be okay,” Mom kept saying over and over again. I didn’t whether she was trying to reassure me or herself. Dad looked serious, as if he was suddenly realizing something. He stared straight at me.

“Sunghae, I want you to be brave. You must be brave for me and your mom, ara? We love you, no matter what, and will always, remember that.”

“C’mon, dad! You’re talking like you guys are leaving me! Please stop!” Tears sprang into my eyes again. Mom hesitantly looked at Dad and bit her lower lip. Dad sombrely nodded his head. A tear escaped from Mom’s eye.

“We really love you Sunghae,” She said still smiling while crying silently. We heard a car stop near our flipped car.

“You see! Look, it’s the police! We’re gonna be alright!” I exclaimed, relief flooding through my body. Mom and Dad however still looked solemn. I laughed deliriously at their serious and sad facial expression.

“It’s the police! We’re saved! Why are you guys so SAD?” My mom started to rummage around in the car compartment beside her. My dad’s eyes told her to hurry.

“What are you guys doing?” I was really confused. Mom pulled out some black cloth.

“They won’t see this in the dark,” Mom whispered to Dad as she covered the back seat where I was sitting. I watched as the footsteps got closer. For some reason, every particle in my body screamed at me to run. Aren’t I supposed to be relieved? Why am I so scared?

“Sunghae, don’t talk, ara? This cloth is soundproof, but I still want to be stay as quiet as you can.” I heard my dad’s voice from behind the thick black cloth.

“A-arasso.” Part of me told me to stop asking questions. I could now hear the soft thuds of boots and the sharp click of heels nearing our car.

“When they leave, there will be something for you in this car. I want you to find it sweetie. Remember what we said, we love you, and we’re sorry.” Mom whispered quickly before going quiet. There were two pairs of feet standing in front of the car. Someone opened the door where my dad was sitting.

“Where is it?” A gruff, masculine voice demanded. 

“Where is what?” My dad retorted back.

“You know what I’m talking about. Hand it over,” The gruff voice now sounded really threatening. I was paralyzed. Oh God, please, let there be no guns involved, please…

“He already told you, we don’t know what you’re talking about,” Mom’s voice was sharp, like when I broke her favourite vase when I was little.

“You know what will happen when you don’t hand it over, right?” A strong feminine voice spoke up. I saw her feet tapping on the ground as if she was impatient.

“I said…I … DON’T… know what… you’re … talking about,” Dad said, gritting his teeth. I heard something click. Oh my gosh, it’s a gun…

“One last chance,” the deep gruff voice said calmly.

“I already told you, I don’t know what you’re talking about,” My dad said with such finality.

BAM!

I screamed. The gunshot ruffled the black cloth. Mom screamed too, crying.

“Byeonghyun!” she wailed.  “WHY?!!?”

BAM!

I shoved my fist in my mouth to keep from screaming. This is a nightmare!! I bit down a little too hard and I tasted blood in my mouth. The extra pain made me gasp aloud.

“Did you hear that?” the woman’s voice perked up. Silence followed. I tried to control by breathing, trying to calm myself. The tension in the air thickened as torturous seconds passed.

“Probably just the wind,” the gruff voice muttered. “Let’s get out of here before the police come,” The soft thuds of his footsteps became softer as he walked away. The woman, however, was still there. I could see her stiletto heels tapping on the ground. She paced in front of the car a bit before turning around.

Click, click click. The sounds of her heels grew softer as she walked away to catch up with the other person.

As soon as they drove off, I worked my way out of the car. I wobbled on one foot before collapsing on the soft grass, tears falling freely. The sound of those heels were still rolling around in my head.

Click                click                    click.

 

 

*END OF FLASHBACK, BACK IN SUNGHAE’S POV*

Sunghae stifled a sob. She didn’t realize she was crying, or sitting up. Kibum put an arm around her for comfort. Sunghae still trembled from the memory.

“So that’s where the scars came from and the dark eyes….. well I was studying hard,” Sunghae said quietly.

“Did they ever get caught?” Kibum whispered softly. Sunghae shook her head furiously.

“N-no one believed me when I told them. They just thought it was a JOKE!” she wailed. Kibum wrapped his arms around Sunghae for comfort. Sunghae buried her face into his chest, crying. Soon a waved of exhaustion came up and Sunghae rolled under it gratefully.

 

jjang! what did you think?

was it fun? boring? amazing? terrible? cool? intersting?

please telll meee!!! 

comments make my day :)

HEY GODDESS!! HOPE YOU LIKE THIS!!!