III

A Letter for You (Sequel)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Months had passed after that hearbreaking night. Jongdae would always go to Suji’s house for a visit just to see if she’s there already. He never fails to go there, hidden. And in a matter of week, he saw her going back to her house with luggage on hand. Stalker as he may seem, he stayed hidden as he watch the girl go out of her house just  to buy something on the grocery near her house. There are times when he wants to approach her when he saw her being cornered by a drunk man but before he goes out, the guy was already at the ground groaning for his dear life. Suji didn’t study taekwondo for nothing.

 

JR, Jongdae’s bestfriend, learned about everything from Jiyeon. He felt horrible for Suji and Jongdae but he knows Jongdae; he’s one of those people who chicken’s away from problem such as this. He won’t be able to wait that long so he decided to himself to help Suji out. To move on; even if it makes him a rebound, so he planned everything out. To how he would ‘accidentally’ bump into Suji to how he will ask for a chance and it actually worked. He’s now standing in front of the shocked Suji.

 

“I – I thought you’re somewhere far!” He acted surprised as he helped Suji with her things. The girl just sighed as she tries to get her things from JR’s grasp. “Just… just don’t tell anyone especially Jongdae that I’m here.” She said, turned her heels around and walked away. In a matter of seconds, JR is right beside her, talking to him as casual as possible. Asking her so many questions that actually bugged her but successfully making her laugh at his foolishness and silly jokes.

 

“Suji… I know this is sudden but… can I ask for a chance?” JR said as he held both of her hands. Suji was taken aback by his words and actions but he still continued. “I mean, I know that you’re still into Jongdae, but please let me help you move on. I promise… I promise that I’ll prove to you that I’m much better than him. Just please give me a chance.” JR pleaded, he too took a mental note to himself that if ever, but he wished it won’t come true, if ever Jongdae comes, asks for her and she still loves him, he’ll gladly give her up.

Not knowing what to do, Suji nodded, mentally scolding herself for doing so, as a response. Not a smile on her face but shock. She didn’t want this to happen but she’s desperate to forget Jongdae. Desperate that she’ll quickly accept the things that might help her move on… fast. But they’re not boyfriend or girlfriend, no. Never unless Suji’s feelings for Jongdae fade and is replaced by JR.

 

JR’s couldn’t contain his happiness that it was written all over his face. He quickly hugged the girl in front of her as he spat his ‘Thank you’s’ and promised that he won’t leave her unless she said so.

 

Jongdae, standing not that far from them, saw everything. He might not heard everything but he clearly saw how she nodded and how the guy hugged her with a huge smile. JR, his bestfriend, is taking the girl of his life, in front of him. He knows that JR likes Suji. Suji said so. She sent her their conversation on her birthday. How he said that he’s the one sending her notes of confessions, how he likes her being the simpleton that she is, how he saw everything that Jongdae realized later on and it angered him. JR didn’t say anything about him liking her to Jongdae, in fact, he hid everything. From him liking her to the confession. But why? Is he that scared that I might take her away from him? JR knew that he’ll be confessing to Suji before, but what did he do? He confessed right away before him. Jongdae dropped the hint that ‘someone wants to court her’ to Suji pointing out that it was Jongdae himself. Knowing how girls thin

Please log in to read the full chapter