Chapter 3

Falling in Love with an Angel

PREVIOUSLY:
Kyuhyun, who was now looking down to me, had worry plastered onto his face. My heart starts to pound like crazy. Oh crap, why are our faces so close to each other…
----------------------------------------
---------------------------
SUNGMIN'S POV

Well, this is an awkward position...I was uncomfortable at that point. Kyuhyun was keeping my weight up and balancing myself up. I look at him at widened eyes, while Heechul was just standing there also surprised. All Kyuhyun did was look worried.

"Are you alright?" he said to me. That voice. It had the same tone and volume as the voice I heard during that time in the rain. Flustered, I stood up and released myself from his arms.
"Oh yeah! I'm totally fine. T-thanks..." I stuttered, while blinking nervously, trying to smile. I couldn't look at his face properly for some reason.
"Really? That's good then..." he replied, his face still full of worry. I look to Heechul, she had a confused expression on her face. I then took a small glance at Kyuhyun.
"I see you have met Heechul..." I say.
"Oh yeah, she was just teaching me about this thing called Starcraft" Kyuhyun told me, turning slightly to smile at her. "Isn't that right, Heechul?"

She just stood there, expressionless this time, for a couple of seconds until moved.
"Kyuhyun,” She spoke slowly, almost with caution, “how were you able to catch Sungmin at the door so quickly?" she asked him. Oh yeah, now that I think about it, Kyuhyun appeared in front of me all of a sudden while I was falling, to catch me. Wasn't he just sitting at a computer a few yards away next to Heechul at that time?

"It was like, in that exact second, you almost teleported there..." Heechul said in almost a whisper. I also looked at Kyuhyun curiously.
-----------------------------
KYUHYUN'S POV

… , ,! They both saw me transferring over here. You see, angels of Feathia, have also spiritual powers. We not only fly with our wings.

We have a sixth sense. I used that sense to quickly catch the girl in time. We're one step ahead of others. This also gives us a boost of speed. We call this power, transferring. During the transfer, we're almost invisible.

Another power I would also like to mention is called purity. We can heal minor and some major injuries of any living thing. Animals, plants, and even humans... However, if the damage is super serious, we cannot do anything since our powers are limited.

Lastly, we have a superb memory. It's 10x more stronger than photographic memory. We can remember anything if we just look at it. Heck, I can just flip through a phone book and remember every single number of each person on it.

Anyways, now what excuse should I come up with this time? ...Come on Kyuhyun... If you can come up with an awesome name like New Kimchi, you can do this.

"Yeah, how did you appear in front of me so fast?It was like magic..." the girl I caught said.
"Uhm....back from where I was from, I was captain of....my cross country team." I said in almost a question form.
"Oh...that's cool..." the girl said, voice almost drowned with suspicion and disbelief.
"I see..." Heechul said as she came up to us. Nice Kyuhyun. You're so great at coming up with excuses!! I smiled innocently at the girl and a thought popped into my head.

This girl looks awfully familiar. I then examine her more. Black hair, brown eyes, small figure, and a kind of cute yet pouty face. I then see what's in her hand.

A white, blue polka-dotted umbrella.

I let out a small gasp.

"You!" I exclaimed with a surprise that made the girl jump a little.
"M-me?.." the girl said nervously.
"Yeah! Are you the girl in the rain yesterday?" I asked.
------------------------------
SUNGMIN'S POV

He recognized me. Awh crap, he's gonna ask me why I was crying now.... Not much to do now than to just return the umbrella and explain the whole thing.
"Y-yeah....You gave me your umbrella...Here. I'm returning it" I said as I cautiously raise the umbrella to him. He smiled and happily accepted it. I see Heechul with her "What-the--is-this-all-about" face.
"Thank you~" he said to me.
"No thank you...You were really thoughtful to do that..." I said as I smiled shyly and looked down.

"-Well, I have to go to class now! Nice meeting you Kyuhyun! Remember to practice Starcraft so you can play with me. And talk to you later Sungmin!" Heechul interrupted as she walked passed me to leave.

"You better explain this all to me later..." she whispered to me as she left the door, loud enough for me and only me to hear.

Now, it’s just Kyuhyun and I alone...again.
"Hey, so um… what's your name? I never really got the chance to ask ealier." he asked me.
"Sungmin."
"Sungmin.....what a pretty name!" he exclaimed. I feel warmth crawl up my cheeks.
"Thanks...and you must be Kyuhyun." I said.
"Yep!"

Then we just stood there in awkward silence. I waited for the bell to ring so I could just go to class already. Being near him was making me uncomfortable. I look up to him and see him observing me contently.
"Why are you looking at me like that?" I said in an awkward laugh. He then smiled to me once again and I decide to smile back.

You know, for a new student, he's awfully friendly. And for a new student, he sure has a great smile....ahem.

Suddenly the bell rings and relief stirred through me.
"Well, that's the bell! I gotta go now. See you later" I say in a rush to leave as quickly as possible. I start turning around to leave the room.
"Wait!" he calls out to me. Darn it.
"Yes?" I say as I turn back to him.
"You look prettier when you smile. So.....don't ever get sad okay? Smile." he said to me. I continue to stare at him to dissolve his words into me.

I knew he was referring to the incident yesterday. Ugh, why did he have to mention it? But, for some reason, I'm glad he did. Even though they were simple, they touched me.

"Thank you Kyuhyun." I said to him while smiling. I then turn around and leave the class, a smile still plastered on my face. Not because he told me to smile, but unconsciously.
-------------------------------
KYUHYUN'S POV

I watch her as she leaves the room. I then sigh in relief.
"Good job Kyuhyun. You did the right thing" I said to myself.
"You certainly did." I hear a familiar voice say. I turn to the voice and see Heechul standing there near the other exit of the computer room with a grin on her face.
"Oh? Hello, Heechul. I thought you were going to go to class?" I ask her.
"I just realized that I forgot to log off of my Starcraft account. But then...I decided to eavesdrop on you guys for a little bit." she said while looking at her fingernails.
"Now that's not nice."
"I know. Anyways, I don't know what happened to you guys that other time... but Sungmin is my best friend and what you said to her was really thoughtful of you, Kyuhyun." she approached me. I smile in triumph.
"Oh it's nothing..." I said.
"So what really happened between you two?" she asked curiously.

I then tell her the story, from me just strolling along SM University to giving Sungmin the umbrella. After explaining the story, she smiled in satisfaction.
"So you were there when she broke up with her boyfriend. Giving her your umbrella. That's cute." she half- smirked. I then rub my neck in slight embarrassment.
"Again, it's nothing..." I said in almost a whisper.
"You know... Sungmin is now single....And I think you guys would be--"
"--Woah, slow down... I'm not so sure about that... maybe if I get to know her more...and since I just came here, I just want to start out slowly by just having friends." I tell her.
“So you don’t think she’s your type? That’s a shame.” Heechul replied, somewhat disappointed.
“No, no! That’s not what I meant. She pretty and is really nice.” I reply immediately, denying.
“You do like her?” Heechul implied as her face lit up like the lights on a Christmas tree.
“No, I mean.. I- She- uggh!” I was fresutrated by that time. “I’m just not looking for a girlfriend right now, I’m more focused on making friends right now.”
“I kid, I kid, Kyuhyun. I’m just joking with you, chill.” Heechul laughed off, “But you two do look cute together”
“That wasn’t nice.” I murmered.
"Sorry but anyways, Kyuhyun, there’s something is awfully mysterious about you. That time when you quickly caught Sungmin. It's as if you...transferred there, no?"

Okay okay okay...She's on to me. And weirdly, she mentioned "transfer" which is the exact word used to describe the angel power... It's just a coincidence, right?

"Haha, yeah..." I just laughed awkwardly.
"Mhm....I think you're hiding something Kyuhyun. And I am going to figure it out." she warned. I gulped.
"Look I'm not hiding anything... I- what are you're talking about?" I say to her. "Anyways, I gotta go to my next class. See you, Heechul."

I quickly grab my stuff and leave the room quickly. What are the odds that she will find out I'm an angel that came from a mythical place called Feathia? She'll never find out.

As I was going to class, my wings, folded back and hidden underneath my clothes were starting to hurt me. I haven't gone one day yet without releasing my wings. If I haven't released my wings in a long time, it starts to cramp up and ache like how your feet hurt from walking all day.

I couldn't wait until night time. At night, whether on Feathia or on Earth, every angel's pair of wings will automatically release. It's just a traditional thing that symbolizes the awakening of our wings. It's suppose to be a good thing, but I have a disadvantage on Earth. Human can see our wings and that would be bad if a human saw mines.

Fortunately, I am dorming in the university alone, however, in order to do the awakening, I would need to go outside in order for my wings to release.

I arrive in class, which was band. Coincidentally, I see Sungmin just studying music sheets, with a... I'm guessing a guitar, on her lap. We did have music sheets in Feathia for choir, but not for instruments, like that "guitar", since we rarely had any. Speaking of instruments, there were so many all around the classroom. The one that caught my eye was the piano. My whole face brightened. When I was just about to speed to the piano, the teacher called out to me.

"Oh! You must be Kyuhyun. You're a tad late but since you're new at SM University, I'll let you go. Anyways, do you know how to play an instrument Kyuhyun?" the teacher said to me. I see all the students in the classroom, including Sungmin, look up from her music sheets and to me.

"Uhm....no. But I can sing! And I can read music sheets." I tell her.
"Singing, can read music sheets, but no instrument. Were you in a choir before?"

Well, in Feathia, it was a law to be a part of a choir and sing. Another traditional thing.

"I guess..." I mumbled.
"Well then, I'll have you start on the piano then" she said. Oh yeah. Score!! "Sungmin! Can you teach Kyuhyun the basics of piano playing please? As for the rest of you, continue to practice trying to play the music on the sheets with your instrument. You may begin"

Sungmin then approached me with hesitation and a smile on her face. I smile back.
-----------------------------
SUNGMIN'S POV

Oh gawd, oh gawd. Why does it have to be me? ...It will be so awkward...

"Hi Kyuhyun!" I say to him.
"Hey Sungmin" he smiled. I then led him to our grand piano and we sat next to each other in front of it. However, Kyuhyun was awfully sitting very close to me. But I wouldn't blame him since the stool is small.
"Alright, you know how to read notes right? Then it should be no problem to play the piano. All you have to do is just know the what the keys are." I explained to him, while he just nodded and kept staring at the piano excitedly.

"Okay, we need to work on your posture first. Now, do exactly as I do, Kyuhyun." I tell him. I then let my hands fall gently on the piano in a relaxed posture.

I expected him to do the posture, but then he just stared at my hands in a confused way. Huh, he must be a slow one.
"Come on Kyuhyun. Do the posture with me! Nothing to be afraid of." I smile at him. He hesitated for a while and finally moved.

Except that his side of the piano had no hands falling gently on it whatsoever. Instead, I found his hands falling gently on mines. His left hand on my left, right on right. My eyes widened. I snapped back my hands. He also snapped back his.

"Uhm, Kyuhyun?" I say.
"Yes?"
"When I mean 'do exactly as I say' I mean to do it on your side of the piano. Not mines. Especially, when hands are already occupied on my side of the piano." I said in a slight cough.
"...Oh sorry!....Yeah, I was confused about that too, haha..." he said awkwardly.
"Alright..let's continue then...."

Soon enough, I was teaching him what each piano key is, and how it is related to the music sheet. And boy was he a fast learner. He may be gullible, but he is smart. I then gave him a Pachelbel Canon music sheet to play. He studied it for awhile, and then looked at me.

"Oh? Anything wrong you'd like me to help you with?" I ask.
"Nope. I'm done studying it. I think I can play it now." he simply put. My eyebrow rose.
"What? You just looked at it for a few minutes. You think you can play the whole song on the piano?"
"Why not!"
"Uhm...why don't you just look at the sheets while playing?"
"I think it would be more convenient to just memorize the notes and then play the song." he said. To be honest, I thought he was joking, but then he looked serious to me.

"Fine, let's see what you can do Kyuhyun." I say to him. He just smiled at me and then placed his hands on the piano.

All of a sudden, perfect piano playing came out of the keys. My mind was literally blown. He was playing Pachelbel Canon as if it was no problem. It was so great, that everyone in the room stopped playing their instruments and paid attention to Kyuhyun. How can this be possible? Either he is a musical genius or he's lying about knowing how to play the piano.

After he finished the song, he looked at me.
"So how was it?" I was speechless.
"U-Uhmm...Kyuhyun. You played--"
"--Wonderful!! Bravo bravo!" the teacher cut me off and clapped her hands. She then went up to us at the piano.

"Kyuhyun! You said you didn't know how to play the piano." the teacher said.
"I really didn't...I guess I'm a fast learner then..." he said.
"Oh really?...Well, you have got some great musical abilities. We would love for you to be in the Music club. Would you like to join?"
"Really?! So, I get to play the piano all the time??" he exclaimed. Man, it was as if he had never encountered a piano, or even a keyboard in his life... yet he's so talented on it.
"Mhm! So is that a yes?"
"Sure!"
"Great! We meet next week on Thursday, here in this room"
"Alright, thank you! Ms..."
"Ms. Park. And no, thank you, Kyuhyun. It will be an honor to have you in our club. "she said as she left. Unfortunately, I did not get a thank you from Ms. Park for teaching Kyuhyun the basics.

"And hey Sungmin. Thanks for teaching me. It means a lot." Kyuhyun then faced me. And yet, a thank you from Kyuhyun will very much cover it.
"You're welcome Kyuhyun." I said as I neatly put together the music sheets.
"Hey,, do you have any more of those sheets? I want to study them more." he asked.
"Uhmm, Sure! I don't have them right now. I have them at my locker though" I said. Then suddenly the bell rings and students are getting up to get their instruments and belongings. Suddenly, a crowd of girls and some boys go up to Kyuhyun.

"Kyuhyun!! You're so awesome at piano!!"
"OMG. WE SHOULD BECOME BFFs!"
"You're so talented!"

Kyuhyun just smiled at them awkwardly. I just backed away slowly and started to leave.
"Sungmin! Let's meet after school okay!? I'll be at your locker!" I hear Kyuhyun yell out to me.

Slowly, a smile crept up my face and I continued to walk through the door, to my next class.
---------------------------------------------
KYUHYUN'S POV

After meeting a new crowd of people, I went on with my classes and it was finally after school.

As I was walking through the hallways, I look outside and it was sun-down. Oh crap. My wings are gonna open soon. I gotta find a secret place outside to open them up. But where?!

I then see Heechul at her locker a few feet away from me. Huh, that's weird. I didn't see her there earlier. I then went up to her.

"Heechul, do you know any secret place outside where no one can see me?" I ask her.
"...Uhm. Why?"
"I just wanted some time by myself and get some fresh air."
"Oh....Well, the roof is the perfect place then. It is impossible for people to see you at the bottom and it has a canopy which means no one above you can see you either. No one goes there since it's old."

I look outside the window and the sun was already preparing to leave and night was gonna come in minutes.

"Okay thanks Heechul!" he said as he rushed to the roof.

On the roof, it was already night time. Kyuhyun's spirtual wings then opened in grace, some white feathers falling to the ground.
"Finally! Feels so good! My wings aren't cramped up anymore... Man, I have to do this everyday?... Eh, I'll get used to it." Kyuhyun said to himself.
"No you won't." A familiar voice voices from behind. He widened his eyes and looked behind him. He sees Heechul peeking only her head through the roof's exit door.

"H-Heechul! Hi!.." he said in panic, hoping she didn't notice his large wings.
"So you're an angel...." Heechul said.
"Haha! What are you talking about..." Kyuhyun desperately tried to fold back his wings.
"Your wings. You're an angel Kyuhyun... And you won't get used to having to open up your wings only once every night on Earth."
"Heechul. I don't even have wings...you must be seeing things." he tried to convince her.
"I'm not. I'm pretty sure you're an angel. I have seen them before." Heechul confessed.
"Y-you have?..."
"Yes....because..."

Heechul then stood upright and opened the door completely. Wings just like Kyuhyun's were on her back.

"Because I'm an angel too."


A/N: SORRRRYYYY FOR LATE UPDATE GUISE T.T SCHOOL . Period.