Chapter One: Surprise?

Falling in Love with an Angel

PREVIOUSLY:
After a few minutes of crying in the rain, the water suddenly stopped falling on me. Still on my knees, I sniff and hesitantly look up. The scene around me is still raining but however, beside me I saw a pair of jean covered legs. I lift my head ninety degrees higher to see why the rain stopped falling on me and I saw an umbrella.


A white, blue polka-dotted umbrella.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sungmin POV

'Great. Just great. It’s the first day of school and I look like a freak.' I think to myself as I examine my face in the mirror. My eyes were red & puffy while the lower part dark and baggy. I groan as I silently curse that bastard Kibum for making me like this. I had cried myself to sleep last night thanks to the memory of that jerk.

I grab a container of concealer and prayed that they would be able to cover my flaws, at least enough so that I wouldn’t have people questioning about them. After about 30 minutes or so, I give up, knowing that those flaws weren’t going lose in the fight. I put down the make-up and sigh in frustration. As I turn to go onto my next task, something catches my eye. A white, blue polka-dotted umbrella.

My mind replays the scene from yesterday.


*Flaskback*
After a few minutes of crying in the rain, the water suddenly stopped falling on me. Still on my knees, I sniff and hesitantly look up. The scene around me is still raining but however, beside me I saw a pair of jean covered legs. I lift my head ninety degrees higher to see why the rain stopped falling on me and I saw an umbrella.
A white, blue polka-dotted umbrella. I stare in shock. I didn’t think anyone especially a stranger would have cared that I was in the rain alone.. crying over a usele-

“Take it” The owner of the umbrella said, snapping me out of my thoughts, as he offers me the umbrella. I wouldn't dare to look at his face because of the state I am in.

“No, I couldn’t I –“I wiped my tears.

“Just take it. It seems like you need it more than me.” He said to me. His voice was so low and husky. A very interesting and attractive voice. Wondering who the owner of the voice is, I finally look up to him. I couldn't see most of his face since the weather was dark and foggy. The rain that showered on him didn't help either. Most of his brown wavy hair covered his eyes. However, he gave me a smile. The second I see his smile, a sense of home somehow washed over me. It felt tingly but warm. It gave me hope. It's like the smile meant that someone was here to protect me. A guardian angel perhaps. “If we ever see each other again, you can just give it back.” Without another word, he grabs me hand, putting the handle of the umbrella into my hands and walks away.

*Flashback over*

I snap out of my thoughts and take a look at my clock. 8:45 am. OH CRAP! I’m going to be late for my first day! I promised to meet Heechul (my best friend) before school started. I race to the other side of my room and grab the clothes I had picked for today last night and throw them on. Taking my bag on the way, I run down the stairs of my house (I live by myself). Before leaving, I make a stop in the kitchen and grab an energy bar.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Heechul POV

Where the hell could she be?! I’ve waited for 30 minutes already! When she gets here I am going to-

“Heechul!” I hear a familiar voice calling my name. I turn around to see Sungmin running towards me.

“About time you got here! I’ve been waiting for 30 minutes! Do you know how long that is?! My grandmother could get ready faster than you!” I yell at her, of course teasingly.

“Sorry,” She pants out of breath. “I, umm… overslept.” She said nervously, knowing her for so long , I knew she was hiding something from me.

“Oh really?” I raise an eyebrow at her. I look at her suspiciously in the eyes. What, are her eyes puffy? And why does she have dark eyes circles under her eyes?!

“Sungmin,” I say, “What happened to you?”

“W- what do you mean?” She asks me nervously. I point at her eyes.

“Your eyes. What happened?” I ask. As she was about to open , I added another sentence.
“Don’t even bother lying, tell me the truth.” She hesitates but obeys in the end.

“I... Kibum broke up with me yesterday.” She sighs. I was shocked, well not really. I knew it was going to happen sooner or later.

“That bastard! How dare he?! When I see him, I am going to freaking murder him!” I yell. How dare he hurt my Minnie’s heart! Freaking bastard!

“He- He won’t be coming back. He’s going to the States today. He broke up with me to pursue his acting career.” Wow, he really is a bastard. What a douche.

“Well that bastard doesn’t deserve you. You can do so much better. OH YEAH! Did you hear? There’s going to be a new student in our university, in YOUR major. I heard he’s an amazing singer & he’s also super good looking.” I say while winking. “Maybe you guys will be perfect for each other.”

“Hahaha, funny Heechul.” Sungmin says bluntly, “I don’t think I’ll be going into another relationship anytime soon. Love is so tiring.”

“Well, whatever. Forget about Kibum and move on. On the other hand, we need to get some makeup on you before class starts. You cannot look like that on the first day of school! Let’s go!” With that, I drag her towards the girl’s washroom. She stumbles with each step while trying to catch up with me.

“Wait, Heechul! Gosh, slow down- mmph!” I hear her say. I turn around and realized that she had bumped into two girls. Not two ordinary girls, hell I wish it were just two ordinary girls, but no, It was THE girls, Victoria and Seohyun, the so- called popular es at our school, or as I call them, s.

“Watch where you’re going, klutz. Gosh.” Seohyun says while fixing her hair. Victoria just rolled her eyes at Sungmin. Sungmin, too afraid to talk back to them, just apologizes. WTF?! Seeing Sungmin letting herself get bullied by those two worthless es, my anger starts to raise.

“No, watch where YOU’RE going, .” I snap at her. Seriously?! Who do they think they are?! With that, I turn around, dragging Sungmin with me, and leave. I push open the door of the washroom, pull her towards the counter and I take out my makeup bag. After about 10 minutes of comfortable silence, I finish applying makeup on her. Taking a step back, I admire my work of art and smile.

“There. As if nothing’s ever happened. Now if only problems could be that easy to cover up.” I sigh.

“Thanks Heechul. I seriously don’t know what I’d do without you.” She puts on a weak smile and hugs me.

“Hahaha, I know” Suddenly she gasps and looks down on her watch. “! We’re going to be late for the first day of class!” Grabbing my hand, we race out of the bathroom and run down the hall and out to the field since our classes were in different buildings.

“See you at lunch! And tell me all about the new guy!” I yell at her while running the opposite direction now.

“Sure, sure! See ya!” She replies.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sungmin POV

The bell rang the second I stepped foot into the school. I made my way to a seat near the window and drop my bag beside my desk. I drop my head onto the desk and pant in exhaustion. Not long, the teacher comes in and starts class.

“As SM University readies for a new school year, you guys as second years will also have to prepare to face some new and major challenges. Unlike the past year…”The teacher starts speaking. Ugh, it’s only been what? A minute and I’m already bored to death. I look around me and see various activities going around the class of 40 or so; some are texting, some are listening, some are doodling and more. Following their footsteps, I take out a notebook from my bag and start to doodle as well. As I’m drawing, I still listen every once in a while just in case the teacher might question us about something.

“Good attitude… Nothing’s easy… No cheating… Responsibility…Try your hardest” Blah blah blah. The same old, same old.

“On top of that, I know it might be rare for our university but this year we have a new student. Kyuhyun, please introduce yourself.” I hear the teacher say. A sea of murmurs and whispers flood the classroom. It must be the new student Heechul was talking about. The so-called good-looking singer dude. So? It’s just a new student, why is it such a big deal? I scoff in disbelief. Not caring, I continue to draw on my notebook. Suddenly, I hear faint footsteps getting louder as the new student comes into our class as the whispers get quieter.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Kyuhyun imnida. Please treat me well and hope be friends with you guys.” The deep and rich, yet familiar voice says. The guy from yesterday?... No it couldn’t be. I snap my head up in shock and in front of everyone, the same umbrella guy from yesterday was standing in front of the classroom with slightly different clothes and the same brown wavy hair. I gasp in shock as my heart oddly skips a beat.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N- Sorry for the late update! >///< *gets bricked* Well here it is! Chapter 2 ^-^ I've been busy with a lot of stuff recently since school is starting in ... 3 days TT^T. "SIGH" Going to a different school than my other friends so I'm gonna be a loner on the first day of school... I promise you that I will post faster now on! Mianhae!!!!! *bows*