Just a Little Smile

A Vision of Happiness

Night finally casted it’s shadows over the stormy day and despite the large puddles, a horse of some sort was galloping at such speed, splashing large puddles. It’s pointed pride shone in the bright moonlight. The rider, a young man with ginger-dyed locks brought the beast to a halt in an open field and held the boy sitting behind him. Once the other boy’s maroon sneakers made contact with the grassy field, he rubbed the sleep from his eyes.

 

“Wow! The stars are so bright and beautiful! Look Lay, look!”

 

He pointed excitedly at the stars but was returned with no response. Lay only smiled and silently spoke, “Don’t cry Chen…”

 

Tears welled up in the shorter male and he sat down next the majestic beast, resting his head on the strong muscular legs. After his fight with his father, Lay had happened upon the scene and healed him immediately. He was scared of Lay and his Unicorn at first but after a few talks, Lay finally convinced the smaller that he meant no harm. His dimpled-smile spoke otherwise. He decided to join the strange stranger he had just met and learned that he too, was not normal. A minute passed before the beast began to neigh quietly and walked away. Then it stopped and stomped it’s foot, causing Chen and Lay to go back on their feet towards it’s direction.

 

“What’s wrong -” Lay stopped in the middle of his sentence and two bloody bodies laid across from each other. Hurrying, he kneeled down and checked for their pulses. Though it took a while, he was able to find a tiny beat still trying with all its might to stay alive. Bringing up his hands to the bullet wounds that had drilled it’s way into the hearts of the both, a light emitted from his hands and it was merely seconds before the bullets resting inside the vital organs disappeared and the cuts came together just like new. He continued, slowly finding each bullet wound and healing every inch of it with the dancing of his fingers.

 

“Lay-hyung...you’re freaking amazing,” said Chen, completely amused at the power that resided within the man. His attention, however, was cut short as the beast beside them once again made more surprising noises, nudging it’s horn to the sky. Wind rushed through the tall grass and looking up, the silhouette of a huge flying beast targeted the same field that they were currently on. Surprised, Chen stood up and readied himself for self defense.

 

“It’s okay Chen-ssi...Meili says they’re friends…”

Chen watched as the large beast swooped over them, bringing a gush of winding that sent him toppling to his behind. Standing back up just in time to see it swerve in a u-turn and landing with it’s sharp claws out-stretched, he finally noticed the two people riding cautiously on the back of the large demonic-looking beast.

 

“Enemies or friends!?” shouted Chen in an authoritative voice.

 

“If you’re a ing who wants to kill people then call us enemies,” shouted the shorter male.

 

“We’re friends!” shouted Chen happily.

 

“Yah Kris! Can we trust these people?!” asked the younger.

 

“He says it’s okay Baekhyun,” said Kris nudging his head towards the dragon who winked.

 

Slowly walking over to Lay who was now moving the two injured unknowns, Baekhyun greeted them. “Hello. I’m Baekhyun and this guy is Kris. I’m guessing the reason why the two of you aren’t really surprised from the dragon because you two aren’t typically normal either.”

 

He nodded. “Yup. I’m Lay and that guy over there is Chen. I just met him this morning.” Their interest was moved over to the two unconscious males that the dimpled-man had successfully moved to a dry area.

 

“What happened to them?” asked Kris.

 

“No idea. When we got here, we found them all bloody and bullets everywhere, but Lay healed them.”

 

It was quiet again as they all took a seat on the floor and sighed.

 

“Well isn’t this weird and awkward…” said Baekhyun.

 

They all nodded in agreement, lips pressed together. Chen thought about speaking but with absolutely no effort, awkwardness was able to crush the thought.

 

“So...where are you guys from?” asked Chen.

 

It was silent again as Baekhyun and Kris waited for the other to start first. The internal argument urging the other to speak first kept going on. “Um...where are you guys from?” repeated Chen. He was unsure whether they heard his question clearly or if they had already come to the conclusion that they didn’t favor the presence of the healer and him.

 

“We’re from a jail...somewhere on Jeju Island,” said Baekhyun finally surrendering.

 

“So they caught you guys…” said Chen with guilt eating at his heart. He knew it wasn’t his fault at all, he even tried to fight against his father, opposing any action alongside the army. However he wasn’t able to find the courage to leave that side of the war because he was afraid to be hurt and even more than that, alone. Baekhyun and Kris noticed the tone of Chen’s voice change upon hearing his response. They decided they wouldn’t go further on the question and looked at each other before noticing Meili make her way to the dragon.

 

“What’s the name of the dragon?” asked Lay shifting uncomfortably.

 

“He says his name is Ping…” said Kris proudly. They watched as Meili and Ping looked at each other in an affectionate way before she settled down next to Ping and nuzzled their heads together.

 

“Ouuuuuuu! It looks like they have a thing with each other,” said Baekhyun in a sing-song voice. The four laughed, unaware of the man who slowly sat up and rubbed his eyes.

 

“Where...where is this?”

 

All four heads turned his direction in a comical unison. His eyes widened as if he were a deer caught in the headlights. (see what i did there huhuhu ;3)

 

“Where is Xiumin!?”

 

He scrambled to get up but fell back on his knees. Lay hurried to his side and held his shoulder firmly. “Don’t worry. He’s beside you. He’ll be fine,” said Lay.

 

The pretty boy looked at everyone awkwardly around at everyone before making it back to his brother sleeping peacefully beside him. Tears welled up in his eyes and he struggled to keep a sob in. Lay gently pat his back as Chen and Baekhyun smiled cheerfully at the two.

 

Even though it’s evident that many of us has gone through loss, extreme pain and sadness...it’s still possible to be happy in this world. I won’t forget this day I definitely won’t!


Kris smiled, just a little smile. A happy smile.

 

 


AUTHOR'S NOTE :

I know I know. Where the heck in EXO's name have I been. XD ahahaha

Let me give you my excuses reasons:

  1. school
  2. work
  3. busy reading other amazing fanfics on EXO XD
  4. lazy
  5. forgetful
  6. writing other one shots that inspire me (I will post 'em up when I finish editing them)
  7. And the most impacting reason is because I was so busy anticipating their new comeback--> then the Ferry incident-->then their actual comeback--> then the whole Kris incident. TBH, I've lost a lot of my EXO "feels" after he left. I couldn't find any inspiration to continue writing any of my OT12 fanfics, reading any fics in general and most importantly listening to their music. But after watching the new recent Happy Camp episode they were on and a fancam video that recorded one of their concerts (yes I know most fancams but what else do I have??? I'm only an international fan living in the midwest of the united states in a state that absolutely NO kpop idol has even heard of, no money and not fast enough to buy tickets (I heard they sold out in like 2 freaking seconds causing this whole website to freaking crash and malfunction. Thats flucking amazing! EXO fandom, you never stop surprising me!) so I had to do what I had to do), my feelz returned from their vacation on EXOplanet. Their performances were so beautiful and ahhhhghhdushuojfwenie8tuy948328y293ejof DAH FEEEEELZZZZZ!!! lmfao okay. So I decided, I'm going to continue this and Kris WILL be in this whole fic. Wu Yifan however, will not be :'(

SOOOOOooooOOOOooo, to those of you who were anticipating the new chapter update only to end up having to wait forever and then eventually forgetting what this fic was about but too lazy to reread, it's okay. shhhh thats how I am... XD . Next chapter will be longer than this one.

My authors note is really long but I meant for it to be. At least I updated a short chapter because I don't believe "updating a new chapter" only for it to say "AUTHOR'S NOTE NOT UPDATE". It breaks mah heart when authors I'm waiting for to udpate their story does that. IT SHOULD BE ILLEGAL!!!

OKay! I should stop ranting and some of you probably didn't even make it this far BUT IT'S OKAY!! okay! I shall be updating soon! AND IT'S A PROMISE!!!! XD Oh and btw, I plan to write in 3rd person from now on....becasue I can. XD

EXO SARANGJA! <3