Tell me Your Wish (GENIE)

Tell me Your Wish (GENIE) IU AND EXO's SUHO story

Tell me your wish (Genie)

 

Suho has been living a normal life for 17 years now. He’s training in SM Entertainment to achieve his dream of becoming an Idol and become successful in life. He wants to sing and dance in front of an audience. That’s why he’s working hard in showing the company how determined and talented he is.

 

He’s living in a small apartment down town. His family lives far away from him because of their business in their province. It’s been two years since he got to see his family. Sometimes, he gets homesick and just looks at a picture of his mother and father smiling happily for him.

 

Today was as normal as it could get.

 

Until, he met an old man trying to cross the street with a big package of things on his old back.

 

“Can I help you with that, Sir?” Suho asked at the old man.

 

The old man looked towards the young guy who is trying to assist him in carrying his heavy burden.

 

Suho is a kind young man. He’s a gentleman in every way. His father is even proud of him because of the way he acts around other people.

 

“Thank you dear” the old man muttered as he gave Suho the heavy package. When Suho got the package, He noticed that it’s heavier than it looks. It’s not like Suho is weak when it comes to strength. He can even do 50 push ups that has claps if he wants to.

 

Suho escorted the old man as he carries the package that he felts as if it’s getting heavier and heavier by the minute. Yet, He still remained on not showing how his arms hurt because he is afraid of trying to make the old man feel bad about this situation.

 

“Here is my house. Thank you kid” the Old man smiled at Suho.

 

“Sir, Do you want me to bring this inside your house?” Suho smiled even with the pain he’s hands are receiving a lot of pain by now.

 

“No Dear. You can leave that here.” The old man smiled and suddenly took something inside the package that was carried by Suho.

 

Curiosity got Suho and he looked at what is inside the package. There was plenty of things inside the package. Filled with antiques and other things that is considered as old things.

 

“I want you to have this” The old man smiled at Suho.

 

(Suho’s P.O.V)

 

(1 Hour Later)

 

“What am I gonna do with you?” I asked to the small box that the old man gave to me an hour ago.

 

Here I am in my small apartment. Wearing only my boxer shorts as I eat my ramen while watching how a group of boys debut in national television. I envy those people. I bet they are having the time of their lives as they perform in their song.

 

With pleasure, I turned off the television.

 

“Let’s open you up!” I said as I sat up and slowly opened the box that the old man gave me. I was hoping it would be food but when I opened it. My mind got confused at what I’m looking.

 

It was a stuff toy that looks like a marshmallow that has a head, arms, and legs.

 

It’s cute and there was a note on the site that says “Close your eyes and kiss me”

 

I don’t want to kiss this stuff toy but I was tempted by the way it looked so adorable in my arms.

 

In the end, my temptation got through with me and I finally kissed the marsmallow. I even closed followed the close your eyes part.

 

After I kissed it, I opened my eyes and instead of looking at two beads for eyes, I saw TWO EYES!

 

“WAAAHHHH!!!!” I screamed as I leaned back and hurriedly tried to get away.

 

“You kiss very well” the girl said in front of me.

The marshmallow turned into a petite woman. She’s wearing a pink dress and holding the marshmallow stuff toy in her hands. She has long hair in her back and I could tell that she’s a very beautiful girl.

 

“Oh my!” She suddenly covered her eyes with her hands.

 

Then I realized that I was only wearing my boxer shorts and she could see my upper body part. Immediately I covered my top with the school long sleeve that I wore earlier before.

 

“What are you doing here? Who are you? How did you get here?” I asked as I button up my shirt.

 

After a few moments of wearing some decent clothes, I saw her sitting beside the dinner table and sipping some tea that moment before did not yet exist.

 

“How in the world--???” I asked as I saw her waved her hand and a bag full of marshmallow materialized in thin air.

 

“Easy. It’s Magic” she said.

 

That made me seat in front of her and asked “What are you?”.

 

That made her smile and answered “I’m a Genie and you are my Master”.

 

After a few moments of recollecting myself and convincing that I’m not dreaming that there is a beautiful girl in front of me that is addicted to marshmallows; who is a Genie.

 

“You’re saying that you’ll grant anything that I wish?” I asked.

 

“Yes” she said.

 

“Anything I want?”

 

She smiled and said “Yes. But there is an exemption to the rule of wishing anything. It’s that you cannot make anyone fall in love with you, You cannot kill someone, and you can’t bring someone from the dead back to life”

 

I nodded.

 

“So Master… What it is that you want? Tell me your wish” she winked at me.

 

Then I felt my heart beat a little bit faster as she winked at me. But before all that, I asked her.

 

“What’s your name?”

 

She smiled and said “My name is Lee Ji Eun. You can call me IU”

 

I shook her hand and I saw her cheeks blush at the movement. I can also feel mine blushing like hers.

 

“My name is—“ I was about to introduce myself but she interrupted me by talking.

 

“Your name is Kim Joon Myun. Your friends call you Suho. Your 17 years old. You like watching T.V. and doing house work. Your ideal girl is a girl that has long hair, likes to read, and cute at the same time. LIKE ME!” She smiled and then did an aegyo on me.

 

My heart is starting to thump fast as how she told me so fast that I like a woman like her. I would be but… This fast? I’m not that kind of guy…. Or Am I?

 

“You do know everything about me” I said.

 

“Yep. So what’s your first wish?” she asked me again.

 

I smiled as I thought about what’s my first wish would be.

 

“I want to—“ I was about tell her what’s my first wish would be but she interrupted me again.

 

“Don’t tell me!” she said.

 

I was confused. “I thought you want me to tell you my wish?”.

 

“You will. But not like that. There is a process. It’s not like I’m a genie like in the movies. I’m a different Genie. And I’m a true one” She said as she move towards me.

 

“Ok.. I’m sorry” I muttered.

 

She smiled once more and moved forward. Her face is so breath-taking. I can’t remove my sight on her eyes, her nose, her rosy cheeks, and her luscious lips. I can feel my heart thumping so loud and butterflies in my stomach.

 

“Close your eyes” she ordered.

 

And I did. Her voice is so beautiful just like her face. I could tell that if she sang a song to me; I would be compelled forever with her voice.

 

“Visualize yourself with your wish coming true” she said.

 

And I did. I visualized myself with a talking to the CEO of the SM Entertainment and talking about when I will debut.

 

Then I felt touch my cheek and I heard her whisper some incantation that I could not even tell what kind of language it is. Last thing I heard was the quote:

 

“With this kiss, your wish will come true”

 

Then I felt her lean in and kissed me. For a moment, I felt a different kind of sensation in my body. My body was tingling with happiness and her kiss made me feel warm things stirring inside me. I also like I was flying and then suddenly, I opened my eyes and I was no longer in my apartment. I’m in a big office and there’s the CEO holding a pen and a folder.

 

“Are you gonna sign it? Mr. Kim?” he asked.

 

“What is it?” I asked for confirmation.

 

“It’s your contract. A contract that says you will be debuting by the end of the year. You will be debuting with 11 other members and you will be the leader of your group.” He told me.

 

That made me smile so hard and I yelled “YES! I’M GONNA DEBUT!!”

 

The CEO just looked at me like crazy and he said “Sign it and you could be off. Your talent has been recognized now. So sign it and you’ll be able to debut.”

 

In the end, I signed it and walked out of that room with a big smile on my face. No one could ever ruin this smile of mine for days.

 

“Are you satisfied, Master?” I heard a familiar voice asking me.

 

In the corner stood IU, She’s no longer wearing her Genie costume but wearing a formal business attire. With happiness I ran towards her and hugged her so hard. I lift her up in the air and spin her around while screaming my thanks to her. I heard her giggle and laughing while screaming me to put her down.

 

Eventually I did.

 

I put her on the ground but still my arms are around her waist. She giggling non-stop even though I put her down already. I can’t tell why but her giggles make my heart swoon and feel warm every time I see her face smiling.

 

“You’re so beautiful” I blushed as I suddenly muttered those words. That even made IU blush harder. It’s like we’re having a blushing contest.

I suddenly back out from the hug and even though I felt sad when I released her from me, I did it.


“I—I meant that..Umm” I said as I try to make the situation as awkward as possible.

 

She was not looking at my direction but at the ground. Her cheeks were getting red again and she muttered, “Did you really mean it, Master?”

 

I don’t know if I should tell her the truth but…. I have to tell her. She deserves to know the truth.

 

“Yes…. I meant it”

 

That made her smile and said “Thank you, Master. It’s the first time someone called me beautiful.”

 

“Don’t mention it. It’s the truth”

 

After a few moments of being silent, IU and I decided to take a walk home. I still have two wishes left and I need time on thinking what the next wish is.

 

“Master, what’s your next wish?” IU asked.

 

“I’m thinking.”

 

Then we heard something that caught our attention.

 

“PLEASE! DON’T DESTROY OUR HOUSE! I’M BEGGING YOU!” an old man begged in front of a guy wearing business suit backed up with demolition workers. Behind the old man was a mother and three children crying around while hugging there mother.

 

“I’m sorry sir. But we need to destroy it because of your unpaid loans at the bank” I heard the guy said.

 

“Please! I’m begging you. I’ll do anything just so you can spare this house. Please” Cried by the old man.

 

“The bank can spare it but you have to pay your loan, which is 1,000,400 dollars.” The guy said.

 

The old man cried with defeat as he wept in front of the guy in business attire.

 

I have to help them. I can help them.

 

“How awful their lives are” I heard IU mutter as she watch them.

 

“I know what’s my second wish is.” I said and slowly went close to IU.

 

She smiled and made me close my eyes again. I can feel my blush radiating from my face again as I realized that this will be my third kiss. How lucky I am to have a Genie like IU.

 

I heard her say the incantation and I already visualize my wish.

 

“With this kiss, your wish will come true”

 

Then I felt her kiss me again. Similar with my first wish, I felt the tingly sensation and the flying feeling that I got moments later.

 

Then I opened my eyes and I saw that I was holding a big suit case. I immediately went towards the crying old man and gave the suit case to him.

 

“Use it wisely. It has 2,000,000 dollars inside it. Pay your loans so that your house won’t get destroy.” I smiled.

 

He opened the suit case and when he saw the money; He was shocked for a second and then looked at me.

 

“Oh my God! How in the world?? THANK YOU!” he said as I help her get back to his feet.

 

“I’m not the one who you should be thanking. It’s this lady who made the money possible” I told him as I pointed towards IU.

 

“EHH?” I heard her say.

 

“THANK YOU YOUNG LADY!” the Old man hugged IU. IU hugged him back and said that it was nothing.

 

Meanwhile, the old man’s checked out the situation.

 

“Robert?? What is--- Oh my God! Where did the money came from?” She asked.

 

“They are given from these guys” he told his wife happily.

 

Moments later we were thanked and hugged and thanked again by the whole family. I really don’t care if they thanked me. I just want to help them because they need it. In the end, their house didn’t got destroyed because they gave the money to the guy waring the business suit.

 

“You really are a good man, Suho” IU told me on our way to home.

 

I blushed because of that comment. It’s my first time walking home with a girl. Not like I’m awkwardly anti-social kind of guy but I have the time now. All I did in the past was train, train, study, train and train again to become a better performer.

 

“It was nothing. I like helping people. It feels…. Great” I said.

 

“Yes. It does feels great”

 

After that she told me that for years and years, she has received a lot of masters in different times. She even served Augustus Caesar in his years. That is why the roman Empire got successful. It was because of this pretty lady.

 

When we got home, she asked me again what my next wish is.

 

“I don’t know.” I answered.

 

“Ok. I’ll just wait inside my stuff toy” She said but before she could get back to her stuff toy, I called her.

 

“Yes?”

 

“I--- I have some questions.”

 

She sat right next to me and I could feel my cheeks reddening.

 

“Will you always be there? In that marshmallow I mean.” I asked her.

 

“I won’t always be a genie. But I need to do something if I ever wanted to get out of this job.”

 

“What is it?” I asked.

 

“It’s a secret” she smiled.

 

It’s been a few days since IU stayed here. I haven’t still told her what’s my last wish is. Would she be mad If I asked her if she could be my girlfriend? That would be a maybe. You see, the more I get to hang out with this Genie, The more I want to make her MY wish.

 

“Why don’t you wish a girl of you ideal?” she asked.

 

“I can’t” I said.

 

“Why not?” She asked once more.

 

‘She’s not you’ I thought. I’m wishing that Genie doesn’t have any mind reading powers.

 

“I just can’t” I told her.

 

All was happy until one day; I received a phone call telling me that my Father is in the hospital and is now in line of life and death.

 

“IU! Help me!” I yelled and summoned my Genie in front of me.

 

“What is it?” She asked filled with concern in her eyes.

 

I was crying by now and said to her the situation.

 

“I know what to do.” She said.

 

Then I realized something, This would mean that She would be gone. After my Last wish, she would disappear from my life again. I would lose the girl that made me truly happy.

 

“But you’ll---“ I said.

 

“Your Father needs your help right? Help he will get” she said.

 

I don’t want her to leave. I don’t want her to leave my life like this. I….. I can’t. I realized that I need this girl. I need my Genie. But… my father needs me as well.

“Ok. I’ll do it” I said as I wiped the tears in my face.

 

“Close your eyes” she ordered.

 

And I did. But before I did, I took a mental picture of this woman in front of me. I will treasure her and never forget how she made me happy and how she made my dreams come to life. Even if one of those is herself.

 

She started saying the incantations.

 

“I love You, Ji Eun. I really do love you” I said.

 

I heard her stop saying the incantations and said “With this kiss, Your wish will come true….. I love you too Suho. If I could wish something that will come true… My wish would be you”

 

Then she kissed me. One last time. I deepened the kiss moments before I felt her slowly turn into nothing.


As I open my eyes, she was gone.

 

My Genie was gone. I cried all night as I thought of that.

 

She loves me… yet now…. She’s gone.

 

(3 Months later)

 

“EXO will be debuting next month! SO please support us!” I said as I told in an interview when will my group debut with our song ‘MAMA’.

 

“EXO! WE ARE NOT TWELVE! WE ARE ONE” We said in unison.

 

After the interview, I got home to my apartment. This would be the last time I would be sleeping here. Since, I would be leaving in a condo filled with 5 boys like me tomorrow.

 

I sighed as I grab a pack of marshmallows and opened it. As I ate some marshmallow, I get the feeling of nostalgia because this is the food that IU likes. All the time, I see her eating this every day when she was still here.

 

I wish I could have another genie so that I could wish IU to be here with me. But I can’t.. The old man that gave me the box was gone and I couldn’t find him anymore.

 

Then I heard the doorbell rang.

 

“Wait! Just a second!” I said as I put down the marshmallows and ran towards the door.

 

I opened it and I saw the owner of the apartment.

 

“Mr. Lee! How nice of you to join me. Come inside!” I said.

 

He did come inside and sat in a chair beside the sink.

 

“I just wanted you to know that it was nice knowing you here.” He told me.

 

That made me smile and said “Thank you Mr. Lee. The feeling is mutual by the way”.

 

“If you ever want somebody to help you bring out your things I’ll be happy to help” he muttered. That made me smile even more.

 

“You don’t need to do that. I’m fine already with my things. So.. by the way, Have you gotten a new person living in this apartment?” I asked.

 

“Yeah!” he smiled. “She’s gonna be here first thing in the morning. You know what? She’s also gonna debut next month just like you’re group! The fact that she’ll debut as a solo is amazing” he continued.

 

“That’s great.”

 

“She’s a sweet young woman. Just like my daughter” he said.

 

After that, he left saying goodbye and I closed the door.

 

“Goodbye apartment” I muttered before I went back on eating marshmallows in front of the television.

 

The next morning, I put my things inside the van I rented so that the next renter would be able to occupy the apartment easily.


I closed the door and left the apartment that has been a home filled with good memories.

 

Memories of me and IU.

 

As I drove my way towards the new condo for me to stay, I forgot something inside the apartment. I left the bag of marshmallow in the kitchen!

 

I drove back on my apartment and quickly ran inside the apartment. Good thing it’s open and when I got inside, I saw that the bag is already empty.

 

The new renter ate my entire marshmallows.

 

“I’m sorry If I ate your marshmallow” I heard a girl’s voice said behind me. I turned back and gasped as I saw who the girl was. There standing right before me is IU. Holding her stuff toy and smiling right at me.

 

“Hello ex-master! Looks like my wish came true” she greeted me.

 

I began moving closer towards her and touched her right cheek that is still as rosy as ever. She has gotten much more beautiful like always.

 

“Mine also came true”

 

“Tell me your wish, Suho” she said.

 

I smiled and locked eyes on her.

 

“To see you, To carress your face like this, and to do this once again” I said as I leaned in and kissed the girl of my dreams once again.

 

A YEAR LATER

 

 

There is a rumour spreading that EXO’s Suho and IU are currently dating. They were spotted holding hands in Han River on March 15, 2014. Both looks like they were having fun and even feeding each other marshmallows as they venture in the night. Pictures were taken secretly behind their backs. Is this Rumour true? SM and LOEN are now trying to clear the said issue of the two. What will be there answer towards IU and Suho’s action?