Hear me out (II)

Untouchable: Closed off from Love

Two weeks have passed since the rumour first started between you and Jin and no one was even talking about it anymore. You were a complete wallflower and no one really knew who you were-so there wasn't much to gossip about. Seolhyun's plan to embarass you failed since it didn't generate much buzz around the school for more than two days. But you knew that if Mark and Sera were really dating and if that news spread to the school, it would really be a hot topic. 

You skipped dance class for almost a week and left early on several occassions faking an illness. You couldn't stand to see Seolhyun and you tried hard to supress your evil thoughts to get revenge. There was also Mark, how would you act around him now that you've discovered his relationship to Sera. Should you confront him or even bother to confess your feelings? Just thinking about it made you frustrated so you drowned out your thoughts and focused on studying instead. 

________________________________________________________________________

*Well that didn't go as planned* Seolhyun thought to herself 

*That's what she gets for going after Mark like that..she always tries to take what's mine* 

"Yah! Seolhyun!" called out Alice which disturbed Seolhyun's train of thought

"Oh sunbae~ you look even prettier than the last time I saw you!" said Seolhyun in her bubbly voice

"Quit the aegyo, it's annoying. You got me worked up over Jin's new girl for nothing. She's so ordinary, in fact, I've never even seen her before" Alice said, furrowing her brows 

"Well...I..uhm..I thought it was the best thing to do to report to you the girls after him and uhh I told you she wasn't pretty" Seolhyun replied nervously

"Listen, the next time you want to waste my time, don't bother." Alice said with her usual cold attitude. Seolhyun and Alice were only "friends" because they were in the same line of work, both were wealthy and born to a well-known family background and were school idols except on different levels. Alice is immensly popular overseas, participating in fashion shows and numerous magazines in Korea and in Japan. Seolhyun on the other hand only appeared in advertisements from her father's company, their popularity levels were different. Alice is clever and cunning, she sees through Seolhyun's BS and isn't fooled by her cutesy appearance. If only more people would understand, the following events in your life wouldn't have unfolded the way it did. 

_______________________________________________________________________________

It was a Wednesday and you decided to go to dance class. You couldn't avoid it any longer and you wanted to get a few words in Seolhyun. You walked to the girls changeroom and there she was, tying her hair up in front of the mirror. You felt anger and wanted nothing more than to throw a textbook at her face. 

"Oh Aerin~ you feel better today? I haven't seen you in class for a while, I missed you!" she said with a sickeningly sweet voice 

"I feel much better now that I've seen you! I was having issues with a rumour that you started about me and Jin but luckily that's all cleared up" you replied, trying your best to mimic her fake attitude. 

Her face turned sour and she tried to keep her composure. "I don't know what you're talking about" she replied 

"Okay, well when you do know what I'm talking about, we can discuss it just the two of us" you said giving her a fierce stare. 

You finished changing and walked into the dance studio. There you were greeted by an energetic E-Young who ran up to you and hugged you. 

"Hey! Aerin-ah! You feel better now don't you? Don't exert yourself, take it easy" she said 

"Oh yeah..I feel better now" you replied. Your eyes darted around the studio until you saw him. He was stretching with the boys and looked like his usual self and you wanted to avoid him no matter what. 

"If you need help catching up on the last couple of days, I'm free tomorrow after school so we can rehearse if you want!" said E-Young.

"That would be great, thanks" you replied trying to hide your uncomfortableness. 

Class ended without much of a hitch. You ignored all thoughts about Seolhyun, Mark, and Sera and completely focused your attention into grasping the choreography that you had missed. You refused to let Seolhyun mess up your life and all that you had worked for but you were not about to confront Mark anytime soon. As soon as Ms. Fei dismissed the class, you speed walked into the girls changeroom to avoid any contact with Mark and the others. You gathered your things from the locker and proceeded to exit until you felt someone grab you by the wrist. You turned around and saw Seolhyun glare into your eyes and whispered into your ear. 

"Let's talk, you and me" she said

You yanked her hand off your wrist and smirked, "I thought you didn't know what I was talking about...did you suddenly remember?" 

"Just meet me after school in front of the cafeteria, got it?" she said, noticeably irritated. 

You shrugged and just walked away as all the girls in the changeroom felt the tension in the atmosphere. 

__________________________________________________________________________________

The bell rang and you went to your locker to grab your things. You didn't decide if you were going to meet Seolhyun after school or not and weighed your options. On one hand she could be planning something but on the other hand, you could call-her-out on her y behaviour. Just as you closed your locker, you saw Seolhyun approach you and you rolled your eyes. 

"Let's go" she motioned in a monotone voice 

"Follow me" you replied back. You weren't going to allow everything to go her way, especially if she had something planned. You knew you had to be in control. 

You led her to the soccer field behind the school. There were a few boys practicing, presumably for some team activities but you found a quiet spot near the bleachers. 

"Start talking" you commanded Seolhyun 

"I don't remember you being so fiesty Aerin, you continue to surprise me" she responded with a small smile 

"I'll cut to the point since it's just the two of us, stay away from Mark" she said with subtle yet noticeable threatening tone in her voice. 

"And what does Mark have to do with me...why, do you like him?" you replied in a cool tone 

"What if I told you yes? I like him. He's just my style so steer clear of him, okay?" 

"Well I guess you clearly don't know, but he has a girlfriend. So your chances are slim to none" "Is that why you started that rumour about me and Jin? To make me look bad because you saw me as a threat?" you said with a smirk. 

She was furious at this point and you liked to get on her nerves, so you kept going. 

"For someone as sneaky as you, I really expected you to be more up to date on these matters, you let me down Seolhyun-ah. I expected you to be better than this" 

"WHO IS IT?" she said clearly agitated. 

"Isn't that up to you to find out, get to work~" you replied as you walked away. 

Seolhyun just stood there flabbergasted at your revelation. She underestimated you and was targeting the wrong person. You stopped walking and turned around. 

"Seolhyun-ah, don't you think it's time for you to grow up and stop being such a brat?" "If you truly wanted something, work hard with your own strengths to achieve it instead of resorting to your low-blow attacks" 

*You won't get away with this Aerin..how dare you lecture me?!* Seolhyun thought to herself. 

*Whoever Mark's girlfriend is, she's gonna regret even laying eyes on him*

_____________________________________________________________

SIDENOTE: Next chapter is going to be intense! Stay tuned for a huge catfight and Aerin's breakdown