Unlucky

Untouchable: Closed off from Love

SERA POV: 

You looked around the cafeteria in the hopes of seeing Aerin. You heard the other kids spreading rumours about her and it made you even more guilty. You regret everything and wondered what came over you to do something like that; what came over Aerin to do something like that? Something didn't feel right. 

"Sera! Over here!" said Mark with a huge smile on his face, waving you over to his table

You quickly spotted him and walked towards his direction, still looking around for any sight of your sister. 

"Hey guys" you said as you waved to Mark's friends. "Hey!" they responded enthusiastically. 

"What's wrong Sera? You seem like something is on your mind?" asked Mark, leaning closer towards you. 

"Uh..I..nothing, it's just I still feel bad for what happened the other day with Aerin and things are still a bit weird at home" you replied while fidgeting with your cardigan. 

"Did she say anything to you at home?" asked Mark

"No. That's the problem, we have barely talked in the last couple of days, or even made eye-contact" you replied, letting out a big sigh. 

"Hmm...I'll try and see what's up with her during dance class today. Don't worry about it Sera, aren't you two close? She probably just needs some time" said Mark assuringly. 

He always knew the right things to say and it made you feel better to know that Mark was so considerate. You didn't want to continue to spoil his mood with your worries so you tried to put it to the back of your mind. 

"Hmm, I guess you're right! Let's eat! I made some kimbap last night, here try some~" you said feeding one into his mouth.

AERIN POV: 

*Why am I so unlucky today?* you thought to yourself. You knew the bad luck was only just the beginning because you had dance class next period. You couldn't avoid it and you couldn't avoid seeing Mark or Seolhyun either. *Crap* you thought to yourself. You went to your locker to grab your change of clothes and headed towards the girls changeroom. It was noisy as expected and you heard a few classmates mumble on about whether you would show up today and speculated about your punishment from the disciplinary office. You walked right in with little care of what they had to say. You quickly changed out of your uniform and proceeded into the studio. You were lightly stretching and tried to look for E-Young to see what you had missed over the last few days because of your suspension. 

"OI!" said a familiar bright voice as you felt someone hop onto your back. 

"Aerin-ah, you're back!" said E-Young

"Oh E-Young! I was looking for you" you responded with a smile 

"You didn't miss much school-wise, Mr. Yunho was sick over the last few days so we couldn't really do much with Ms. Kahi taking over both classes. But there was been nothing but talk over what happened last week." she said. 

"Just my luck" you replied 

"I don't know what really happened but I know you're not the type of person who would just bully others like the rumours say" 

*Is that what I am now? A bully? The students at J.Y. never fail to surprise me at how gullible they are to Seolhyun's manipulation. From a nobody to a bully...geez, these people* you thought to yourself.

We were learning a new routine today and class was already in session when someone walked in to the studio. Mr. Yunho turned off music and waved him to come to the front of the class. 

"Hello, you must be the new student Jackson Wang. Mr. Minwoo notified me that you would be starting today but you're a little late." he added. 

"Yeah, sorry" he said simply

"Well, this is a new school for you and it is quite large so, I guess it's not that big of a deal. Just make sure you come on time from now on. Introduce yourself to the class" said Mr. Yunho

"My name's Jackson Wang, I'm a transfer student from the American International School, I took a year off of school to travel abroad"

"Okay, great Mr. Minwoo said that you would be joining the 3rd years so please just find any spot near the front and we'll continue with the lesson" 

*DAFUQ* was all that came to your mind when you saw him casually stroll in with his street clothes. He was wearing quite "trendy" pieces to a dance class with a black cap worn backwards, some low-rise black pants, and some expensive looking sneakers. He looked more ready for a day about town than for school. He casually walked towards a spot in the second row, directly in front of you. He looked over at you and gave a smirk as you two exchanged looks. After that slight disruption, Mr. Yunho continued to go over the choreography. You were trying your hardest to memorize the movements and to get the timing correct except for the fact that there was Jackson purposely blocking your line of vision making you unable to see properly. You could see him chuckling to himself to see you so distracted and frustrated. 

"Stop being so childish" you whispered to him. 

"Me? I'm just following the dance moves" he replied with a smug look

After about another 30 minutes, Mr. Yunho allowed the class to take a 10 minute break. You exited the studio to cool down and to get some water. On your way out, you saw Jackson leaning by the doors. You glared at him and bit your tongue from causing yet another scene on campus. 

"Hey~" called Jackson with the most "friendly" voice 

"Shut up" you said as you pushed open the doors. You were halfway out the door before something caught your foot sending you flying forward. 

"Aahhh!" you screamed and you tried to grab onto anything to stop you from face-planting onto the floor. Just before you fell, you felt someone's arm around your waist, pulling you backwards, in the opposite direction. 

"Ugh" you heard a male's voice as you fell on top of him. You quickly turned around to see who it was--Mark. 

"I...Are you okay?!" you said as waves of fear and panic struck you. Your full body weight practically fell on top of him and you knew you weren't thin. 

"Yeah, I'm okay..are you okay?" he asked as you scrambled to your feet, trying to help him get up. 

"Ow" he said as he tried to move his right arm. 

"What's wrong?! Sorry..it's all because of me..I..I..we should probably go to the hospital to get an X-ray to make sure nothing is broken!" you stuttered as your eyes grew wide with concern. 

"No, I'm fine, my arm is just a little sore. Just some ice would be.." 

"Ice! Yes..okay let me go and get you an ice pack from the nurse's office" 

"Haha, don't worry, I'll go and get it checked out" he said with a smile trying to calm you down. 

"I'm coming with you!" you said as you helped him get back on his feet. 

You two walked side by side towards the nurse's office. There was an uncomfortable silence as a million thoughts ran through your mind, wondering if he had sprained his wrist or even broken a bone. You were mentally cursing yourself for being so clumsy. *OMG What do I do?! What if he really isn't okay...Should we call an ambulance?* you thought to yourself. Mark looked over and saw you space out and it made him laugh to know that you were the same old Aerin as when you two first met-clumsy and anxious. 

"Hey, I've been meaning to talk to you" said Mark 

"I..uhm..me? About what?" you replied as you fidgeted with the hem of your shirt. 

"About what happened last week. I know it's not really any of my business or anything but..is everything okay?" 

"Did Sera say something?" you asked

"She's worried about you and she blames herself for what happened, if you get the chance.." 

"It is what it is" you said, cutting him off mid-sentence. 

"Promise me one thing. No matter what happens, promise me that you would never hurt Sera." 

"I..I would never hurt her." he replied shocked by the serious tone in your voice. 

"Take care of her- I will never forgive you if you ever betrayed her" 

You two arrived at the nurses office and knocked on the door. 

"Come in" called Head nurse Ms. Jungah

"Well, I don't see any point in me staying here too. Make sure you get the proper treatment and stay here to rest if you're tired. Sorry again" you said as you turned around and walked back to class. 

"Ahh..wait..I ..hello, we had a small accident during dance class" answered Mark, looking behind only to see you half way down the hall already

"Okay, take a seat on this chair here and let me examine you" "Where do you feel pain?" she asked as you carefully pressed on Mark's arm. 

"Ahh..ow..right on my forearm. I must have bruised it or something while trying to cushion my fall" he said 

"Hmm, it seems like nothing is broken, can you rotate your arm for me?" 

"Yep, it seems like it's just a bruise but you should still get it checked out by the hospital. I can give you some painkillers and an ice pack. If you want to stay here and rest for the next period, I can give you a note to excuse you from class." 

"No, just the medicine and ice would be fine. Thank you" 

He returned to class and was exempt from learning the choreography. He sat at the back of the class with his ice-pack, trying to take in  visually as much as possible. What you said earlier had perplexed him and you could see it in his face. His mind was elsewhere but you were happy that he took your words seriously. You knew his relationship with Sera was built upon something you would never know or get to experience but you also knew that a hint of doubt between them would be exploited by those who are envious. 

"That's a wrap up everyone! Keep practicing at home and remember to move cohesively. This is not a solo performance, match your movements well with each other. I will see you all tomorrow" said Mr. Yunho dismissing the class. 

You waited for everyone to walk back into the changeroom, you had some other plans to tend to. You saw him and simply grabbed his arm and yanked him into the hallway. 

"What the hell! Just what are you doing?" he yelled as you pushed him against the wall, inching closer until the gap between you and him was minimized. 

"Listen to what I am about to say very carefully. I want no business with you but I will not be entertained with your little games, got it?" you warned as you tugged on the collar of his shirt. 

"Hahaha were you talking about your little accident earlier on? You should 'watch your step. Although I do admit, I didn't expect for things to turn out like that!'" he said with a sarcastic tone

You scoffed at what a scumbag he was and really considered spraining his wrist right then and there. It wasn't until you heard someone coming that you released his collar from your firm grasp. 

"Oh, so here is where you were" said Seolhyun. 

"I didn't know you would come to J.Y. Arts Academy of all places Jackson. It's been a long time". She gave a suspicious look at the sight of you and Jackson alone in the hallway. 

"I almost didn't want to transfer here when I heard you were attending" he replied nonchalantly as he pushed you aside. 

*So Seolhyun and Jackson know each other? Not surprising* you thought to yourself as you walked away, not forgetting to give your dirtiest look at the sight of them together.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________

SIDENOTE: Since I went with the bad boy image with Jackson, my original story line has been compromised with what I had previously planned! It's taking me longer to write since I need to start from ground zero again! A little rough right now but I will proofread and edit again later :) COMMENT ON YOUR THOUGHTS/OPINIONS~