Hear me out (I)

Untouchable: Closed off from Love

"Sunbae?, it's me Seolhyun! Sorry you couldn't make it to the fall showcase and to my party last night~ It would've been way more fun if you were there" "But there was something strange, I saw Jin together with another girl. She was all over him even though he was drunk. Yeah, I mean she doesn't have to be that obvious that she likes him, what is she thinking?" 

"I have some proof shots if you don't believe me, who does she think she is? She's not even close to being on your level, major downgrade" 

Seolhyun hung up the phone and smirked at the photos she had of you, *This is going to be so much fun* she thought to herself 

______________________________________________________________________________

You arrived home at around 2 am by walking. You were feeling tipsy and needed time to cool off and to reflect on what had happened earlier on at the party. You didn't understand when Mark and Sera became friends, or in fact, more than that but there was nothing you could do about it. You walked up to your room and just lay on your bed with a full face of makeup, and eyes swelling with tears. *Why couldn't it have been me?* you thought to yourself. 

It was Monday morning and the new semester started just like that. You dreaded going to school because it only reminded you of your one-sided feelings for Mark, moreover, you didn't know how you should act around Sera if you saw them together. You walked through the school gates before the bell rang and you saw suspicious looks and quiet chattering among groups of students. Something was going on but you ignored it and continued to walk in the direction of your locker. 

"Yah!" you heard someone call 

You stopped and looked around to see who it was directed at. Behind you stood a group of 3 upperclassman girls whom you have never seen before. You looked at them with a puzzled expression and gestured to see if they were talking to you. 

"Yeah, we're talking to you, come over here" one of the girls said 

You walked closer, unsure of what they wanted and saw them with smug looks. 

"Oh, it is you. What can I say, you looked better that night at the party. I didn't know you would look so plain in real life" one of the girls snickered.

"Uhm, do I know you? I think you have the wrong person." you replied in a quiet voice. 

"Don't act all cute now that you're at school, we all know you're a two-faced " she snapped back 

Shocked by her foul language and rude attitude, you began to panic not knowing what they wanted and you felt a large number of students crowding around you four. 

"You're pretty daring you know that? Going after my left-overs, are you seriously that desperate?" said a girl with blonde hair  

"I mean I know you're not pretty but don't you think Jin is still a little out of your league?" another girl continued. 

"Look here, I don't know what you're talking about. Don't go running your mouth and making these false claims when I don't even know who you are" you replied with the most calm manner possible but you could not hide the shakiness in your voice. 

One of the girls proceeded to take out her phone and showed you a picture. "That's you isn't it?" 

You looked closely and nodded your head. "Yes, and what about it?" you said 

She scoffed and you could see she was getting increasingly agitated. "You sure are a blockhead if you still don't understand. If you're trying to get with Jin, you better give up now. You're not his style" the blonde girl said with her arms crossed. 

*What is she even going on about?* you thought to yourself. With so many people around you, you refused to let her talk down to you and to humiliate you in front of the whole school. Quite frankly you were already in a ty mood from that weekend. You didn't know where the boldness and confidence came from but you were annoyed at how immature she was being, trying to create drama. 

"I don't know what you're going on about, who you are, and what that picture has to do with anything. But, you're in my way to go to class and I'm not going to stand here and have you insult me in front of the whole school like this" 

You pushed your way through the crowd and mumbled a few "excuse me"s and headed towards your locker. You could feel that this semester was starting on a wrong note but you didn't know things were about to get worse from here. 

You made your way to class as usual and everyone had their eyes on you from the little confrontation that happened earlier. You heard a group of girls secretly gossiping across classroom and you walked up to them to have your questions answered. 

"Clearly you all were there this morning to know what happened between me and a few older female students so mind if I ask you a few questions?" you asked 

"Uhh, I..I ..well okay." one of the girls responded nervously

"Who were those girls?" you asked in a rather blunt fashion. You could see the surprised look on their faces as they stared back at you with blank faces. 

"You mean you don't even know who those girls are? That's Alice, a senior student from the theatre department, she's also an active model in Japan" 

"Is that right...so what does she have to do with me and Jin?" you responded

"Alice and Jin were the school's most popular couple! But I heard recently that they broke up but I'm not too sure about the details" the girls said. 

You returned to your seat and stared out the window, daydreaming and not paying attention to the class lecture. You were too stressed about the drama now surrounding you and Jin. You wondered who took that photo and why it would be a big deal. You went through the rest of your classes in a daze until it was finally lunch time. As you suspected, the whole cafeteria was bustling with students in line for food but also noisy chatter and gossip. You knew that people were talking about what had happened this morning but what you didn't expect was another confrontation. You spotted Alice and her friends sitting at one of the tables in the far corner and she slowly stood up and walked up to you. She had a chillingly cold smile on her face. 

"Don't even waste your time looking for Jin at school, you're not even an option" she whispered in your ear as she walked out of the cafeteria. 

You were dumbfounded at the idea of being connected to one of the most "popular" students at J.Y. Arts Academy. You were smart and you knew that someone was planning this on the sidelines because just 3 days ago, you were an absolute nobody at school. Who would intentionally target you...

It was dance class and you dreaded going because you couldn't be bothered to deal with seeing Mark and the others. You weren't sure how to react or to behave around them now that you found out about the relationship he has with Sera. So you did the unthinkable: you skipped class. 

You grabbed your things and made your way to the library to catch up on the lesson you missed during first and second period while daydreaming. You were certain that you had to come up with some kinda excuse to your dance teachers for cutting class but you didn't care. The bell had already rang and the hallways were practically empty. Just your luck, you spot a boy at his locker with his earphones in, grabbing his things. It was Jin. 

7ef547bfb4741ec58582513d71df846e.jpg

 

"Hey!" you called out 

He slowly took out one of his earphones and turned to your direction. 

"What is this whole rumour going on about me and you? Nothing even happened" you said 

"Oh hey! You're the girl from that night right? Sorry I can't really remember too much about what happened." he replied in a nonchalant manner

"What do you mean you don't remember what happened that night? But you're right, there is nothing to remember because I only spoke to you for 5 minutes" you replied with annoyance 

"I don't know what happened with you and your girlfriend but you need to sort that out between the two of you and do not drag me into it" you warned 

"Hahaha, you're cute when you're mad~ But there's a correction, she's not my girlfriend anymore- we broke up" he responded with a smile

"I don't care about your relationship status but if she keeps running about these lies and misunderstandings, I'm not going to sit here and take it" you responded cooly and walked away. 

 

__________________________________________________

SIDENOTE: Quick update, will continue to finish the chapter in the next little bit! Sorry it's exam season right now, I hope you all enjoy and leave comments on what you think is going to happen next~

P.S. This is Alice from Hello Venus