Bom's escapade

1 Corinthians 13:13

 

 

 
 
 
There would come a day in our life that would make us choose between what we think is wrong and what is right. There are times that we would decide by what the norm is, what people should do, what the unknown rule book mandates them to do. Never would we realize that what we had hoped to be the right thing is actually not. That it was just a wishful thinking and that we should think out of the box and learn to fight for what we know is the best thing for us. However we never really learn right? We never really follow what we feel is right. We just follow rules and then wish we never followed them afterwards. Women however tend to follow what is their heart’s desire, something that men would never understand and something that science can never explain. Yet I didn’t follow what my heart desires. That night I opted to follow what the norm is, and the norm says that if you are a lady committed to be in a relationship with one of society’s most eligible bachelor, it means you should never let anyone else kiss and hold you. No matter how much you love the feeling of that man against you. A feat I know I would regret right after doing it.
 
 
 
 
 
So that night I pushed Jiyong, I slapped him and went straight to my bed after slamming the door behind me. That night I tried my hardest to forget about that one kiss that one kiss that I know changed the course of my life.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I woke up with the most terrible headache. I actually wasn’t able to sleep properly throughout the night, flashes of images of me and Jiyong kept me awake. I slipped on my robe and went to the kitchen to make some toast and coffee. Sunday means grocery day to me, then cleaning the house and some reading. Tasks that are not supposed give me too much headache than what I am having right now. How am I supposed to face the guy who kissed me when I am supposed to be dating another?  I have always been the girl who follow rules, the girl who would never make mom or dad frown or upset. I was always on track with what my goal in life is. But after meeting him everything went chaotic. What happened last night made it even more frenzied.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Somewhere deep down I know that there is something between me and Jiyong. I just don’t want to admit it and I know I will never be. I am in a relationship and I am not even supposed to be thinking of anyone else but my boyfriend. But here I am confused as to what to do because my neighbor who by the way kissed me is occupying my mind and I think it would take so much effort to try and not think about him. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My train of thoughts was suddenly interrupted by the buzz of my doorbell. I hesitantly went to check who could be visiting me this early and hoping that it was not Jiyong. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
It was Bom. I don’t know if I should be happy that it was not Jiyong or be burdened that it was his sister whom I know knows the fact that there is no denying that there is chemistry between Jiyong and I.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
‘Good thing you are awake. I thought I had to wait here for a long time.’ She then pushed me inside. ‘Go on pack some clothes and get dressed. We are going to the lake! Doesn’t that sound wonderful?’
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
‘I am sorry Bom but I already have plans for today.’ I know that I should not join them because this only means that I would have to face Jiyong and that is what I am not prepared to do.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
‘If your plan includes cleaning the house or grocery shopping please I am begging you just join us. I think we are better companion that the grocery carts or the vacuum cleaner right?’
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
‘But I really need to clean the house and do some shopping. I am running down on my supplies.’ 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
‘Your house is clean and the grocery shopping can wait. I will accompany you, just come with us, I assure you, you would really enjoy. The lake is divine!’ Having Bom as a friend means that someone will be doing the decision for you, if she already planned the even and she has you in mind that means the word no is no longer part of the dictionary.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I guess I really have to face Jiyong sooner that I have planned it to be.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Kissing her was something I’ve wanted to do since I first laid my eyes on her. But that kiss last night was something I didn’t plan on doing. Knowing that she is dating made me want to just take her away and make her mine. I know that it wrong to wish for a relationship to end, but if it is the only way for Dara to be mine then I will definitely ask for the help of all the saints and let Dara and that boyfriend of hers break-up.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I really don’t know why I had the urge to kiss her but all I know is that if I didn’t kiss I would have regretted not doing it for the rest of my life. She might have pushed me and slapped me for what I have done but the short time that she responded to my kiss was enough for me to know that she has something for me too. She is just so into the fact that she is already committed to someone else and that she is afraid to be the one to break the relationship. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Dara is the one for me. That is something I realized after that kiss. I will do everything just for me to be able to kiss those sweet and soft lips once again. There is no backing out now. My future is at stake here for I know Dara is my future now.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I woke up the following morning with so many things running through my mind. Ways on how I should make Dara feel that the kiss we shared last night was not just a spur of the moment kiss but the real thing. I want her to realize that we are meant to be together. I might sound like an obsessed freak but wouldn’t you do the same if you know that if you don’t do anything the most wonderful thing that might happen to you will just slip and you will forever regret the day that you let it slip away?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
It was still 4am and I know that it would be rude to wake Dara up just for me to explain. I just have to plan on what to do next for us to be okay. I was still thinking on what I should be doing when Bom suddenly came inside my room and declared that we will go to the lake tomorrow.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
‘What is with the sudden plan Bom? I thought you were at Dad’s place?’ I was annoyed; the fact that Bom planned something means that I won’t be able to say no to her and that I won’t be able to explain to Dara. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
‘Come on don’t be such a kill joy. I want to go to the lake I just wanted to enjoy. I already called the others and they said that they will be joining. I hurriedly went here to inform you about it after I visited mom and dad.’ 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Great just great, how am I supposed to say no now?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
‘Oh and I will bring Dara along. She will be my guest!’ After what happened I don’t think she would even want to see me. I know that it would really be hard to convince her. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
‘That is if she would agree. We don’t know if she has already planned anything.’ Though I really hope that she would be able to convince her, I wonder how Bom would be able to convince her though.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
‘Trust me on this one brother. Also trust me when I say that you two will be married soon.’ She then winked at me and left me dumbfounded.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I know that I am very transparent when it comes to my sister but I didn’t know that I was that obvious. She might not say it aloud but I know that she likes Dara for me and I know her standard when it comes to girls. It just made me believe that there is really something between me and Dara and it is something that we both can’t deny something that even other people notices.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
And I will make sure that she will be able to open her heart and give us both a chance.