How It All Started

1 Corinthians 13:13

 

Chapter 1


How It All Started


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 




I looked at her once again. It seems like I had formed a liking of just staring at her. I really don't mind if she would see me looking intently at her. Well that would really be a good thing then, maybe she could then be aware there is one guy who's been trying to gain her attention since the day I saw her move to that house next door. However I have this feeling that she is way to oblivious for her own good. 
 

 

 

 


She is beyond beautiful, her porcelaine skin glowing everytime the sun's ray shine on her or everytime she smiles, she radiates so much glow that I sometimes think she is some kind of goddess. Her dark brown hair flows perfectly and I don't even care if it is just on a simple apple hairstyle for it makes her even prettier if that is even possible. Her eyes who can forget those eyes. So pure, so inocent. If given the chance I would love to look at them even if that's the only thing I should do.

 

 

 


Arf! Afr! 

 

 

 

 



I heard my dog Gaho, a sharpey, bark. Cutting my strain of toughts. I lazyly looked at him as if asking 'What now?'. He just circled around my feet as if telling me he is already hungry. I looked at my watch just to notice that it is already 1pm and I haven't eaten breakfast, and now even lunch, just yet. I was so contented watching her every move that it made me forget about myself.


 

 

 

 


I don't really mind. I will never mind. Not at all.


 

 

 

 

I lazily stood up to go to the garage and get some food for Gago, I know that he will not stop unless he gets what he wants, and right now that's food. 

 

 

 


But before I can even move, I heard her voice for the very fist time.

 

 

 


'Wait! Wait! Hey wait!' I turned around to look at her. I saw her panting catching her breath.

 

 

 


'Dadung.' She then said. 'She is missing. Can you help me find her?' 
 

 

 



Oh I would love to. I am more than willing to. Though I don't know who the hell Dadung is.
 

 



I didn't say that. I was to stunned to even lift a finger. 


 

 

 

'Uhm...' I saw her biting her lower lip. Looking just as cute as I had imagine she would be up close.


 

 

 

'Will you help me?'


 

 

 

 

'I... ah.. Sure. However who is Dadung though?' I just hope that I didn't sound too nervous or whatnot.

 

 

 

 


'Oh yeah.' She chuckled ever so lightly. 'She is my cat. Grey and a little black stripes.' She tried to explain and describe her lost cat, her hands flying all over trying to make me imagine what Dadung look like and telling me stories about how she found her Dadung.

 

 

 

 


'She is just so adorable you know I really am afraid of her before but looking at her it made me just want to cradle her and take care of her....' she kept on retelling her story.
 

 

 

 



Arf! Arf! 
 

 

 

 



She was cut off when an impatient bark came from Gaho once again broke our conversation.
 

 

 

 



Seriously Gaho. You have never been more of an inconvenience than what you ghave been today.

 

 

 



'Oh you have a dog.' I can sense that tinge of fear in her voice. 


 

 

 

'Yeah. Just wait for me here for a little. I'll just feed my buddy and then we'll be looking for Dadung.' I said. Not really wanting to leave but I have to make sure that Gaho will no longer interupt us and feed this growing baby.

 

 

 

 


After a couple more minutes. I saw her sitting in the hamock I made one fine summer. Still fidgiting and has that worried look.
 

 

 

 



'Common. We need to find her before the sun sets.' I said calling her attention.

 

 

 

 


'Thanks. Really thank you so much. I am new here and I don't know who to ask help from. Then I saw you earlier and I just had to ask you.' She kept on saying thank you and telling stories about how happy she is after being able to buy her own house just after two years of graduating from Medical School.

 

 

 

 

 


I suddenly heard some ruffling from the side of her rose bushes. 

 

 

 

 



'I think I found her.' Going straight to the place where the sound came from. I was right. It was indeed Dadung. She was stuck inside the bushes. Whimpering a little, maybe because she is being pricked by the thorns by the bush.
 

 

 

 




I gently removed her from the bush and checked if there were any wounds that were to deep and that would need further checking. Good thing there were none. 

 

 

 


'Dadung! Omo! I thought I've lost you. Don't ever do that agai okay? I was really worried.' Looking at her now it looks like I am looking at a mom scolding her daughter who went astray. However you can still see how much she loves her daughter and want the best for her.
 

 

 

 



I wonder how she would be if we get to have our own children someday.

 

 

 

 









































I've had my fair share of women. Dated a lot and were commited to some. However I never felt so much attachment as how I felt now with Dara. I know I sound like some sort of a weird stalker perferted guy right now but there is just this feeling that made me want to know Dara more.


 

 

 


'Thank you so much for helping me. I don't know how I could repay you.' 

 

 

 

 



'How about if you join me and my friends? We will be having our weekly get together tomorrow. You might want to come. Meet up with new people and have a little fun.


 

 

 

 


She looked at me. A little bit hesitant.

 

 

 

 


Then it hit me. I haven't introduce myself to her. I seriously want to punch myself at that time. How can I be so stupid? 
 

 

 

 



'By the way, my name is Kwon Jiyong.' I extended my arm inviting her for a hand shake.
 

 

 

 

 



She intently looked in to my hands. Before she took it and with much enthusiasm introduced herself.

 

 


'Hi Jiyong-ssi, my name is Sandara Park but you can call me Dara.'

 

 

 



I want to hold on to her hand forever. It wass soft and so small. If not for the slight tug that I felt, I could have just held her hand for the longest time.


'Would you want to go to our simple get together tomorrow? Take it as our welcome party for you.' I smiled. Wishing that she would agree.



'I would love to.' She smiled brightly. 



And that was the start of a great relationship. 
























































Or so I thought.