My Story

1 Corinthians 13:13






I was born and raised by a very loving and supportive family. When all the teens back home gone rebelious because of the break-up of their parents, I was at home reading and watching my parents be all sweet with each other. They have been married for 30 years and I don't think it would end anytime sould. I think it would never end. 




My parents had been very supportive of me, when I told them that I wanted to take up Biology and eventually medecine, they helped me choosing the best school. I passed the entrance exam at Seoul University having this as my first option. I moved out from my parents house since we live in Gwangju and it would really be hard for me to travel bck and forth to Seoul. 




It was really hard during the first few weeks of my stay in Seoul, apart from the fact that I am really shy and I tend to be very clumsy, I don't know anyone. At all. I tend to go to the library and read during my vacant period and then I would go to walk around Seoul by myself sometime.




While roaming around I stumbled upon an ad at one of the local clinics, they are looking for a doctor's assistant and I knew right then and there that I should apply. It was only a few months since I started med school, but because I have a very good record at school, the head Doctor accepted me. Dr. Han is very nice. She is one of the few people I trust here in Seoul. She love her work so much that would often go to the clinic even during her day off. She is very passionate and indeed very kind. I have learned a lot from her. She became my mentor and the second mom to me. I was really glad I took the opportunity to work with her. 




I am really not that much of a fan of romantic novels or movies, I would rather watch documentaries and read science related books, but growing up at a perfect and loving family had it's perks. I learned that once you laid your heart to someone and once you enter in a relationship, there is no backing out. You should be one hundred percent sure that you will be there for each other no matter what.




That was what I was thinking when I first met Il Woo. He came to the clinic with a very cute girl. He was carrying her with so much care and love, making sure not to inflict any pain on her fragile looking body. The little girl looked more or less two years old, with those cute chubby cheeks and those beautiful brown eyes. 




'Hello there little girl' I said when they entered the clinic.




'I need to talk to the doctor this instant.' I can hear urgency in his voice, which made me think that maybe he is the father of the child, he looks so young though.




'Dr. Han is still attending another patient, however, I can take a look at the child first, then after Dr. Han finishes with the patient she can assist you.' I said confidently.




'Are you a Physician's assistant by any chance?' I can sense discomfort in his tone. It seems like he doesn't want to trust people that easily.




'I am not, though I am currently taking up Medicine and I am well trained for this matter, Sir.' I am really patient with everything however I don't seem to be as patient as I used to be with this guy.




'It doesn't matter. I don't want to talk to you. I will wait for the doctor.' Omo! This guy! Seriously, how can he be this arrogant.




'Suit yourself.' I don't want to force any further since I know that Dr. Han is almost done with the other patient. I just let the nurse handle them.





I hated his guts. So much at that time. I wanted to smack his head, if only I could reach them. He is tall and lean, with a very nice and expressive eyes, pointy nose and thin lips that matches with it. His jaws were prominent but not scary looking and his short wavey hair suits him as well.





You might wonder how I ended up dating him? Yes we are a couple now. For five years and still counting. 




Well it hapened without me actually realizing it. 




It was one of those rare instances where I had the chance to just sit outside one of my favorite cafes and drink my favorite blend of coffee while finishing reading a book. This book was recommended by Dr. Han herself, seeing me read nothing but a big old science book, she said that it's much easier to roam around with a small book in hand rather that my heavy looking book. 




It is indeed a good book. From then on I started reading other genres fiction, non-fiction, sci-fi, romance, I am such a geek. 




Well going back to my story, I was just there sitting outside one of my favorite cafes when I heard a little girl cry. Out of instinct I immediately went to her and checked if she was hurt somewhere.




I saw her bruised knee. 'Juh gi yo! Can you please bring me a glass of water? Just tap water. And please make it fast.' I asked one of the waiters.




When the water arrived I immediately took my mini firts aid kit inside my bag.



'Ddangsineun gwaenchanha?' I asked her while adding some antiseptic on her wounded knee and blowing on it as well. 




'There, hush now baby, I already treated your would so don't worry okay?' 




'Kamsahamnida, unnie.' She said afterwards. She was hiccuping and rubbing her teary eyed.




Awww. Kyopta. 'Come on, let me bring you to your mom.' Just then I noticed that she was the same kid that was brought to the clinic by the arrogant yet handsome guy the other week.




'Eommaneun eodisseo?' I looked at her and then I heard some lady called her.




'Omo! Yoojin-ah? What happened to you?' She said while scrouching down to be look into the little girl's wound.





'Ah.I saw her trip while running earlier agassi.' That was when she looked at me. 





'Aigoo. Jeongmal kamsahamnida agassi.' She looked at me and bowed for a couple of times.





'Kwenchanayo. I should go now.' I was about to walk away when she called me again.





'By the way my name is Jung Yu Ri, and you are?' 





'Aigoo, I forgot. Sandara Park. But you can call me Dara.' I answered and shook her hands.





'Are you busy today? I really want to thank you. I want to invite you for a dinner at our place tonight. Please?'





'Arasseo. Since I don't have anything to do. Might as well have a new friend.' I said smiling.





'Perfect! By the way, I am sorry for the trouble that my daughter put you through, she really can be a big trouble at times.' She said while carrying YooJin who is now asleep. 





'She is your daughter? Omo! You look so young.' I said, obviously in awe. She indeed look so young. She looks like she is my age and if she is the mother of this child then maybe she is the wife of that arrogant guy. I wonder how she put up with him. 





'Neh. I actually got married early. My husband however is in the US right now. We are staying with his older brother. Oppa is really nice don't worry.' 





After a little while, we arrived at their place and there I met his brother in-law who apparantly is the arrogant guy from the clinic and there he apologized and explained that it was not really his intention to be arrogant and it was just because he was tired and all that. I accepted his apology and we became friends. It was after a couple of months before he asked me for a date and from then on we were inseparable. And as what they often say. The rest was history. 





Yes that was five years ago. Right now, I permantly moved to Busan after purchasing my own house and being employed at the local hospital as the head pediatrician. Being with Il Woo was really one of the best things that ever happened to me. He respected me and I know that he love me. I am just waiting for him to ask for my hand in marriage. I think being together for that long is enough for me to believe that he is the man for me. That we will be like mom and dad. That we will be together forever.












































































































Or so I thought.