oo3

Magically inlove

Running away like a coward is no option. Thats what my grandpa used to tell me while I was training, he taught me everything I know now. Running away as tactic is good, if you have a plan on how you are going to kill your enemy. I actually shouldn’t tell this kind of information to a non EXO hunter, but I think I can trust you, right? If youre not the kind that can keep secrets then please stop reading because what youre about to witness is something that you kind of people don’t know that its happening. 300 years ago all people knew about the Exotics living under us, but when centuries passed your kind didn’t believe in it anymore. The Exotics started to hide and the world became a mess. There are a lot of places on the world which are abandoned because of what happened between human and Exotic. There was this kind of war between us which everybody except the EXO hunters and the Exotics forgot about. I am the last one in the hunters Lee bloodline, my parents? I never knew them, my grandpa told me they got killed by Europa Exotics when I was only three months old. My grandpa took me to this peaceful place in the mountains where he trained me to become a strong hunter. I am the last active EXO hunter from the family Lee. The rest got killed or are to old to fight against them. My grandpa stopped fighting when my mom was born, he asked his brother to protect them against the Exotics and so he did. He got killed when some Callisto Exotics found out about their ‘hiding’ place. They knew how powerful my family was at that time and wanted to kill us all. My grandpa and grandma managed to escape, but his brother died in process. Grandma… Where should I start? I never knew her, she also got killed by some Exotics. This time, Ganymede. God, how knows how much I hate that kind. They never know when to stop, they feel so powerful because they don’t only have the power to melt metal and make new objects of it, but because they are shape-shifters. They can transform in everything that’s made out of metal, so when they need a sledge hammer they just simply transform their arm in one. If they need a sword? Well they just simply turn their arm in one. And most of all, theyre the most cocky of all Exotics. They always think they can win over us, but they are actually the kind that don’t have much people left anymore. I think there are only fifty left around the whole world or something. Well let me tell you something more about my background. I grew up in an old sanctuary made by monks and ever since we got here we lived here. I live here with my grandpa only, the only one left besides us is my older cousin Lee Sungmin. Well that’s what we believe, we still believe he’s alive. He went missing when he was fourteen years old. We still believe he’ll come back one day in the future, but for now its only me and my grandpa. Holy cow, I almost forgot to introduce myself. Im Lee Soonkyu, but call me Sunny. That’s my hunters name, pretty cute right?

 

 

“Soonkyu focus!”

Grandpa shouted as he nudged me with his stick, yes I had to meditate a few times a day to keep my focus steady. My grandpa taught me everything, meditation, concentration, focus and one of the most important of all. Patient. Of course he also teaches me some martial arts, but you have to be disciplined before you can actually learn it properly. Well that’s what my grandpa always says.

“Soonkyu sit up straight”

Grandpa shouted again and nudged my back with his stick. I thought I had my back straight but if you sit still for to long you wont even notice these kinds of small things. My grandpa is really strict, he always has been. But well what else do you expect from a former EXO hunter? One of the best former EXO hunters to be exact. I don’t want to get all cocky but my family killed most of the Exotics living here on earth, and were actually kind of afraid that there are more Exotics on their home planet and that they will come here too one day and that we have to start all over with killing them.

“Okay Soonkyu, time is over, lets go to the monkey bars~”

He really liked seeing me hang on the monkey bars. He thought it was funny to see me struggle. Well this old man always had been like that to everybody, he learned everything from his dad and I learned everything from him and my mom learned everything from him too so yeah, not much difference is there?

“You know grandpa, I don’t deserve this torture, Im hungry”

“Youre always hungry Soonkyu, you have to go on patrol in an hour now go on the monkey bars, take a shower and I’ll pack your stuff”

He said while slightly pushing me to the monkey bars with his stick. I stood beneath the bars of hell and rubbed my hands before jumping up.

“Pull yourself up you weakling!”

He said jokingly while pointing his stick at me. Oh how much I want to kick him, but he is my grandpa so no can do.

“Oh shut up old man, this weakling is your granddaughter for cows sake!”

I yelled at him and he just laughed, we always have been like this. We could talk to each other however we wanted and we didn’t care about it. Even when he would insult me or the other way around, we didn’t care. I guess we have a pretty cool bond right?

“Oh come on, one minute passed already and you only reached one? This is helpless Soonkyu… Well go take a shower and get changed, youre going on patrol a little earlier today”

I let myself fall and landed on my feet perfectly and ran off to my room to get ready. I always had to do this, walking around alittle in the mountains and visit some little villages near us to check if there are any Exotics near us. When I got back my grandpa packed some food for me and of course water, lots of water. He also prepared some weapons for me. Some butterfly knifes and three guns.

“Here Soonkyu, I found a new simple way to kill your enemy. I finally found a way to make poison and-“

“How am I going to poison them? Give them a sandwich with poison on it? Like ‘Hey psychotic freak you look hungry here is a deathly sandwich’”

He looked at me with a raised eyebrow and just shook it off after a few seconds.

“No, you just put it on a knife and then when you stab your enemy, they’ll be dead in an instant”

“Wow”

Okay I didn’t see that one coming, I mean a poisoned knife? What is this? Pirates of the Caribbean? He handed me three knifes, they were all placed neatly in three different knife holsters.

“These two you should put around your legs and this one around your arm. Not on your throw arm understood?”

“Grandpa, Im not stupid. If it was put around my throw arm how am I supposed to easily get it with my throw arm?”

I asked him with a matter of fact tone. He just sighed and then smiled at me, okay I have to admit, I made that kind of mistakes in the past. But that was when I was a newbie okay so don’t judge me.

“Just don’t make any stupid mistakes Soonkyu, I don’t want to lose my last family member”

He got teary eyed and cupped my cheek. I held his hand which was on my cheek and leaned in his touch a little bit.

“Grandpa, I promise, I wont leave your side, and I know for sure he’ll come back some day in the future. We just have to wait patiently for him”

“Take good care of yourself sweetie and don’t get yourself into trouble out there”

I smiled and flung my backpack on my back. It wasn’t big, it was a rather small backpack since it can be really dangerous with a big one, but going without equipment isn’t a really good idea when youre here in these mountains.

“I will grandpa”

I kissed his cheek and went out for my patrolling ‘shift’.

 

 

Im at the third village now, and still nothing. Did I already mention that these villages aren’t just villages but old ghost villages which creep the crap out of me? Yeah I don’t like it here but I have to. I decided to go inside one of the houses, it was a pretty big place for such a small village. It was really empty yet so occupied by silence and feelings. It was strange. I walked around alittle bit and found that there were a few things left in this house.

“Seriosuly what kind of house is this? Oh my god that couch is so fugly~… Wait Soonkyu, why are you talking to yourself? Have you gone mad or something like that? Stop it you idiot, youre creeping yourself out”

I continued browsing through the house until I came at one of the hallway closets. The smell coming from it was really really unbearable. I slowly opened and my jaw dropped when I saw what was inside.

“Holy cow! Who did this to you?!”

I asked to nobody, well there was a middle-aged man lying there, dried blood coming from his mouth and pale as white snow.

“How the hell did you end up here being dead old man? Your blood wasn’t frozen, you don’t have any burn spots nor wounds… Don’t tell me you poisoned yourself little fella”

I crouched down beside him covering my nose and mouth and studied his body. There was nothing about the man what said that the Exotics did this.

“Maybe food poisoned or something”

I stood up again and made my way out of the house.

“Okay take a mental note, don’t open spaces where there are weird unbearable smells coming from”

I walked out of the house and wandered around for alittle more. Checking other houses in other villages but I found nothing. Fortunatly. I hoped I could go home early so I could sleep more, these days I have been having lack of sleep because of those freaks.

 

 

“Soonkyu, found anything?”

Grandpa asked me while he was preparing some tea. I sat on the ground on my cushion and crossed my legs while waiting for my tea.

“Ani, I only found a dead rotting man… I should’ve never opened that closet”

“Wait, Soonkyu. You entered one of the houses?”

“Yeah, why?”

“Don’t ever do that again young lady, it could be dangerous okay?”

Dangerous? That man wants me to fight with weird powerful creatures and says that going inside an abandoned house is dangerous? Yeah, right.

 


 

Aigo lame chapter, oh well. Please give me feedback and all, I will first introduce you all to the hunters before really getting the story started.
tumblr_ndrzy9HuWu1qg5nyao2_500.gif
_pinocchio_ out *peacesign*