Not Again!

Afterward [ue]

The following weeks after Sehun and Luhan were added the the family went smoothly. Baekhyun stayed home to take care of the two rapidly growing pups. Everyday he would teach them new phrases and words until they could form short sentences. Sometimes it would just be "I want food" or "Luhan is being mean." The latter was used quite often because Luhan would constantly look down on his brother because of their . It was clear that Luhan was older because of how he already looked 10 while Sehun still looked like a 6 year old. So there was an obvious feeling of superiority the older had developed. Despite all of this, however, Luhan still loved his brother and would always apologize immediately after upsetting the latter.

 

Soon enough the two already looked like they were 11 and 15. They celebrated their once a month "finding day" which was quite uneventful, but this time, there was a knock at the door. Chanyeol swapped Baekhyun concerned looks before getting up to answer the door. He then looked through the little peek hole in their door and motioned for Baekhyun, Luhan, and Sehun to get back. Luhan immediately wrapped a protective arm around Sehun and followed Baekhyun to another room. Then, the latter shut the door and locked it.

 

"Dad, what's going on? Is daddy Yeol going to be ok?" Sehun asked innocently. Baekhyun went over to the youngest and hugged him lightly. Then, he held Sehun by the shoulders  and smiled warmly.

 

"Everything will be fine, Sehunnie. Don't worry. Daddy will be ok. He's big and strong!" Baekhyun gave Sehun's shoulder a small squeeze before looking to Luhan who was significantly taller than his younger brother, but that's no surprise.

 

"Luhan, whatever you do, do not come out of this room until I tell you to, ok? No matter what you hear, you do not do anything."

 

“I promise. Now just go and make sure Chanyeol is ok before Sehun here becomes the water works.” Luhan said, shooing his dad out the door.

 

Baekhyun laughed slightly and then became serious once the door closed and he heard a click from the lock. Then he made his way over to Chanyeol who was talking—more like yelling—outside at someone. That’s not good, Baekhyun thought. If Chanyeol, a laid back, usually cool-headed guy, was yelling, then something was terribly wrong. 

 

Quickly, Baekhyun rushed to the door and flung it open to see Chanyeol, red faced, towering over someone definitely smaller by a lot. At the sudden door opening, the short man and Chanyeol glanced to it. Baekhyun gasped and looked to Chanyeol who looked equally shocked. The stout man chuckled and raised an eyebrow.

 

“We meet again, my pet,” cooed the man, smiling widely with crooked, yellow teeth that made Baekhyun want to puke.

 

“Don’t you dare!” Chanyeol nearly shouted, making Baekhyun wince. 

 

“Why are you here?” Baekhyun asked, stepping next to Chanyeol, putting a hand on the taller’s bicep to calm him down slightly. As predicted, Baekhyun felt Chanyeol’s muscles relax and he calmed down.

 

“Oh? Didn’t you know? I’m here to take back what’s mine. That includes you.”

The man snickered.

 

“What the hell are you talking about? Baekhyun is mine and so are the other two.” Chanyeol growled, stepping slightly in front of his lover with a sense of protection.

 

“Maybe I should tell you?”

 

“Tell us what?” Baekhyun asked, not ready to back down.

 

The man hummed and grinned widely to show his horrible, rotting teeth. “Or maybe I shouldn’t,” he shrugged, turning his head away with indifference.

 

“I will call the police and you will be locked up for this insanity,” Baekhyun snarled, baring his teeth in hopes the man would be intimidated and finally back off. Instead it did the opposite.

 

“What beautiful canines you have there, Baekhyun. Perfect for tearing through human flesh.” The man glanced at Chanyeol and Baekhyun’s eyes widened in shock.

 

“You’re a sick man,” he spat.

 

“It comes from my dearest mother,” the grotesque man replied with another one of those gut churning smiles.

 

“Enough of this nonsense. What do you want with my family?” Chanyeol interrupted angrily.

 

“You’re family? Don’t make me laugh. From what I can see, you haven’t even proposed to your beautiful lover,” the man motioned to Baekhyun who was glaring at him. “Not to mention, your ‘kids’ aren’t even legally yours. If I remember correctly, you had found them in the rain… in a box… next to your store, just like when you found this cutie.”

 

“Just tell me who the hell you are so I can call the police.”

 

“Call the police on a man who has been wiped from existence? I think not,” the man clicked his tongue in disapproval.

 

Before Chanyeol could answer, there was a wail from inside the house and all three of the men looked towards the source of the noise; the kids. Laughing, the man started to make his way to the front door, but Chanyeol blocked his way and let Baekhyun slip by to check on the kids. 

 

“Don’t you dare—” was all Baekhyun heard before he slammed the door shut and bolted to the room. Once he got there, he saw Sehun curled up in Luhan’s arms silently crying. The older was desperately trying to keep himself composed for the younger, but Baekhyun could see that his eyes were red and puffy. Seeing this scene almost made him cry too, but he took a deep breath and walked over to his kids; he had to stay strong for them.

 

“Baekhyun, what’s going on? Is Chanyeol ok? Who is that guy? How do you know him? What does he want?” Luhan asked in rapid fire.

 

“This man… This man and I had a bad history,” Baekhyun cringed at the thought of his past. “Chanyeol is ok physically, but he’s pretty riled up and I don’t know wants. He won’t tell us.”

 

Suddenly, there was a loud yell and Chanyeol came rushing into the room, red faced and angry. From Luhan’s embrace, Sehun looked up to meet this and only cried more, burying his face back into the older’s chest. The latter quickly wiped a tear from his own face before wiping one from Sehun’s who snuggled into his touch.

 

“Luhan, Sehun, Baekhyun, we’re getting out of here. I think I’ve knocked him out long enough to get necessities and get out,” Chanyeol huffed and was already turning around, but Baekhyun tugged on his sleeve.

 

“Where will we go? What about the bookstore?”

 

“I’ll call Kyungsoo and about the bookstore, I don’t know. Now please, I don’t want you guys in danger.” Chanyeol pleaded and Baekhyun let go of his shirt with an understanding before ushering the kids out of the room to pack up.


I know it kind of escalates quickly, but I wanted to get the ball rolling and stop with all of the fluff.

It's strange being on here again. I won't feel offeneded if you forgot about this story. I mean, I haven't updated this in forever. For those who are still subscribed, thank you.

If you haven't noticed, my writing style has changed quite a bit over my absence and I feel like it was a much needed improvement. However, I'm still in the process of learning and it's obviously not novel worthy, but it's the best I can do for now, so just bear with me here! So with that being said, I'm back for now and I'll try not to put this story on the back-burner like in the past.