The Person at the Door

Afterward [ue]

“Hello Baekhyun.” The stranger said in a raspy voice.

Baekhyun’s mind swirled and he was unable to think. It was unbelievable, how “he” could’ve found him. “He” had set him in the box and left him there. Was he tracking him? Why though? What would “he” get out of following him?

“Speechless, I see. Why not say a simple, ‘hello, nice to see you again?’” the man laughed, “It’s also a bit chilly, mind if I come in?”

Baekhyun glared and pressed the door harder on the man’s foot, only earning a smirk from his disgusting mouth. In a low growling voice, much like a dog baring its teeth, Baekhyun said, “I will never let you into this house. It doesn’t need to be contaminated by your filthy hands.”

“That’s so rude to a guest, isn’t it? I think Chanyeol would agree.” Baekhyun stiffened at the mention of Chanyeol and pressed his entire body weight, plus the push of his legs, against the door. The man yelped in pain, but didn’t take his foot out.

“Don’t bring Chanyeol up in this. He has nothing to do with the past, and if you dare lay a finger on him, you will regret it.”

“Puppy getting protective over his master, how adorable.” The man said in a mocking tone, only making Baekhyun push his strength and continue to move his feet closer to the door, pushing as he went. Though the man’s foot was most definitely blue, he didn’t budge. With one last laugh, the man took his foot away, letting the door close, and Baekhyun was thrown against the door by his own strength. Quickly, he locked the door and pressed his back against it, breathing heavily. Slowly, he looked over the windowsill to see the man happily walking away. Once he turned towards the town, Baekhyun let out a shaky breath.

 

After his last customer, Chanyeol closed up shop and checked his phone. One missed call and a text from Baekhyun. Swiping the screen on his iPhone, Chanyeol expected to hear a cheerful Baekhyun, but instead, his ears were met with a shaky voice and sniffling.

“Hello, Baekhyun? What’s wrong?” There was a long pause on Baekhyun’s end, and for a brief moment, Chanyeol thought Baekhyun had hung up, but then he heard a weak voice say, “Please come home.” With a simple, “I’ll be right over,” Chanyeol quickly locked the door and rushed home, oblivious of the figure that had slipped into the shop while he was on the phone.

 

When Chanyeol opened the door, he was tackled by none other than Baekhyun. Realizing he was crying, Chanyeol hugged the smaller to calm him down. Without taking off his jacket, he walked Baekhyun to the couch and sat down with latter in his lap. Once Baekhyun’s breathing was steady, Chanyeol asked, “What happened?”

“He came,” said Baekhyun, voice barely a whisper.

“Who came?”

Baekhyun lifted his sleeve to show a scar that looked like a whip mark. Up the rest of his arms were more scars that wouldn’t disappear, constantly reminding Baekhyun of the days before Chanyeol had found him.

“Oh Baekhyun, I promise I won’t let him touch you.” Baekhyun merely nodded and pressed himself closer. 


A/N: Wow, this is a lot creepier (in a stalkerish way) than I intended it to be... Well, hope you liked the first chapter! Like I said, there might be long periods in between updates because I don't actually get to my computer very often ^^