one.

Devilish Attraction

Chapter 1

He placed the chalk back down and brushed off some of the remnants that stuck on his hand as he wrote on the blackboard. Satisfied with the answer he had written, he faced his Math teacher, bowed slightly, before walking back to his seat at the back of the class with a charming smile on his face. His eyes rested solely on the student sitting next to him as he walked, hoping to see a glimpse of… something, at least. But his smile faded slightly when the boy wasn’t even looking at him, with arms crossed on his chest and a straight face.

Donghae’s eyes were on his feet as he sat back down, but when thunderous claps were heard as the teacher praised his accurate answer – just like every other day – he placed his smile back on for show. Even the boy was seen clapping by the corner of his eye, though he seemed really not sincere about it. When the attention was no longer on him, Donghae looked again at that classmate of his. Still, the boy still wasn’t, or rather didn’t want to be, looking at him. And Lee Donghae sighed for who-knows-how-many time since yesterday as he stared at his table.

It was a big mistake that he sworn he would never let happen again. He had forgotten that Hyukjae always uses that street home whenever they have extra classes at night. Well actually, he didn’t forget, no. Donghae was in that alley, at the side of that street, particularly to watch Hyukjae as he walked home – just like every other day. His plan was abandoned, when he saw a scrawny junior from his neighbourhood, sneaking behind a building, most definitely following him under his uncle’s command.

What Donghae had really forgotten was, the fact that Hyukjae would be walking at any second, passing that alley, while he bit the kid senseless and warned him. He forgot all about it as he lit up another cigarette and leaving the bloody boy behind as he walked out of the small space. He realized when it was too late.

Even with the dark sky, recognizing that crush of his was so easy. The street light poured on him and Hyukjae as they stood staring at each other. Donghae was at a loss of words. He only managed to mumble out Hyukjae’s name with his trembling lips, cigarette long forgotten on the hard pavement.

“Go home, Donghae. And you don't have to worry about me telling anyone about this. I won't; I don't want to get beat up. So, your image as the head of student council is safe." He was still standing there, gaping, when Hyukjae walked passed him and helped the kid he had beaten, his crush words playing on his mind – on repeat.

Hyukjae passed him again, supporting the junior on his back, and didn’t even glance at him. Donghae had the sudden urge to follow them, and so he did. He knew Hyukjae felt his presence though he didn’t look back at him as he stayed silent. He stood close as Hyukjae sat the kid down on a bench at a park, took out a balm out of his bag and smeared it on the fierce red bruised that formed on the kid’s abdomen.

Donghae might have felt a slight remorse for a second, but he glared at the poor kid when their eyes met for a short while. Remorse or jealousy, which one would win? Of course jealousy for Donghae; he was jealous over the kind gesture his crush was showing to the kid – the kind gesture Hyukjae never showed to him before. Donghae had known his crush for years –talked to him every morning before class starts, sat next to him at every class, lunched with him, and teamed up with him for every project. Not once had Hyukjae treat him like that.

Not even once.

Why did this kid get the special privilege?

“Do you think you can walk yourself home?” Hyukjae asked, holding the middle school kid hand to help him stand. The kid nodded slowly and Hyukjae gave a small smile at him, “Good. Be careful and go straight home, alright?” he ruffled the kid’s hair and watched as he walked away, slightly limping. He then grabbed his bag and slung it on his shoulder, taking the opposite road towards his home.

Silence was accompanying him, just the way Hyukjae liked it, but he could still sense Donghae was behind him, following closely and not even bothering to cover. Annoyed, Hyukjae stopped and finally looked at that so-called president of his, “What do you want, Hae? Why are you following me?”

Donghae stood, slightly shaken. His eyes were on the ground again, twiddling his finger, “I – I want to – Hyukjae!” he looked up and Hyukjae had already walked away, leaving him. But he caught up with him and decided to stick by his side, “Hyuk, listen to me. That wasn’t meant to be that way. It was –”

“I said go home. Leave me,” Hyukjae sounded emotionless as he spoke, so unlike the way when he spoke to the kid just now.

Donghae wasn’t giving up though. He was desperate to make Hyukjae understands why he did what he had done. He tugged at the boy’s sleeve, keeping a hold of it as they continued walking, “I can’t leave you without you knowing the whole story; you’ll misunderstand me and I don’t want that. Hyukkie please listen to me,” his mouth was pouting, softly tugging at the shirt, as he called Hyukjae with the nickname he had gave. Hyukjae had never said ‘yes’ to the name, but he had never ignore it too before, so Donghae thought it was okay.

Hyukjae ignored the whiny boy pulling his sleeve. This was so annoying but there weren’t much he could do. He was used to it at school anyway, so it didn’t feel much odd. From the sleeve, Donghae now had a grip on his arm, begging him – while hopping and pouting – to give him a chance to explain himself. Hyukjae wasn’t buying it.

They reached the front of Hyukjae’s house and felt relieved because no way Donghae would follow him into his house, no he won’t let him. They both stopped moving at the front gate and Hyukjae used his free hand to shrug Donghae’s hands off him, “Let go, Hae,” he asked a little harshly.

“No.” Hyukjae managed to rip the hands off him, but then two arms s around his torso from behind, Donghae literally sticking to his back, “Here me out first!” Hyukjae shut his eyes, exhaling quietly. “Please…” the quite plea was slightly muffled by his shirt.

“Tomorrow, okay? Not now. It’s late. Go home, Hae,” Hyukjae tapped the boy’s arm lightly, his voice softening. How else would he be freed from the tightening arms?

Donghae let go and went in front of him, a smile adorning his face, “Alright! Tomorrow we will talk about this. I’ll explain everything.” He hugged Hyukjae again before stepping aside, “Go in. Night,” he waved as he watched his crush walked through the gate – the grin widened when Hyukjae waved back, though without looking at him – until the front door was shut. He left only when the light from Hyukjae’s room was turned off.

The bell rang, waking Donghae out of his trance. He quickly bowed along with the rest of his classmates before clearing up his books. When he was done, he turned to look at Hyukjae and ask him about the talk, but the boy was gone from his seat and Donghae only saw his back before he disappeared out of the class and into the hall. He ran, trying to pass through all the students pouring out of the many classes in the hall.

“Lee Hyukjae! Wait!”


Well, there goes our beginning of this new journey. The main genres are romance and fluff, but there will be slight angst cause I love and can't write without it. Kidding. I've planned about 2/3 of the story, but mostly, I will write according to what occurs in my mind when I open a blank page in Microsoft Word. Opinions guys? Bye.