Chapter Five: A rivalry between brothers

Our Background Love

.o0o.
Title: Our Background Love
Author: Natalie1093
Chapter Five : A rivalry between brothers

.o0o.

“I have always watched you
…Silently and calmly
But now, I’m determined to let you know…
…That I can no longer stay away.
I love you…
And I want to be with you.
And no matter how long it takes,
I’ll wait for you, even if it takes…
…Forever.”
-_________

.o0o.

“Kyuhyun-shii..” She called his name; her facial expression clearly says that she was shocked. I can’t believe what I just overheard. I can’t believe he was going to take her away from me. I can’t believe that my brother for 10 years or so is my rival.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

[ Flashback ]
A while ago, Leeteuk hyung, Donghae and I saw Kyuhyun exiting out of our dorm building while we were on our way entering it. We decided to spy on our mangae just for the heck of it. We quickly raced back to Leeteuk hyung’s car, of course since it was his car, Leeteuk hyung was driving, while Donghae and I shortly fought over on who’s gonna ride shotgun, but being a few months older than him, I won.

“I think Kyuhyun’s going to go now.” Donghae said, pointing at Kyuhyun who just started his car. Leeteuk hyung quickly his engine and drove as soon as he saw Kyuhyun driving away. We followed him, with just us being one car in between us. Kyuhyun has sharp senses, but loses them while playing Star craft so we have to be careful.

“Yah, where do you think he’s going?” Leeteuk hyung asked us while his eyes were on the road. I shrugged in reply, I didn’t know what could be running through our mangae’s mind except games and singing.

“Ohh! Maybe it’s a girl! Hyung! Kyuhyun’s going to meet with a girl! ” Donghae answered excited about the thought of romance. Aish, he really needs a girlfriend.

“Well, he is acting a bit strange… could he be planning an event?!” Leeteuk hyung said , also excited. I forgot about how most of us are lonely yet loved idols. Aishh, we get excited easily.

“Oh! He stopped!” I said and pointed at Kyuhyun’s car which he just parked in front of a famous coffee shop while hyung was parking not far behind. We waited for a few minutes after he went inside the coffee shop.

“Aaaaaaaandddddd…. Let’s go!” Leeteuk hyung ordered and we quickly followed by getting out the car and running towards the shop fast and unnoticed. But when we got to the door, we found that it was locked and they had the blinds down.

“What the hell is this?! The three of us exclaimed in horror. We quickly ran to the side of the restaurant, hoping to take a peek on what was going on. I think you can imagine how funny it must look, 3 members of Super Junior spying on their mangae while he’s on a date.

“I was right! He is meeting a girl!” Leeteuk hyung said as he moved his head, trying to get a glimpse inside.

“And he planned an event too!” Donghae added as he was also trying to catch a glimpse. I too, was very curious of whom Kyuhyun was seeing.

“ Oh! Maybe we can bribe the employees into letting us !” Donghae suggested. Leeteuk and I both shook our heads in disagreement to Donghae’s idea.

“It would give us a bad image if we do bribery, Donghae.” I told him. Donghae shrugged his shoulders and got back to thinking.

“Ohh! Let’s disguise as waiters or just wait until a few of them exit from the building, we sneak in!” Donghae again suggested. Leeteuk hyung and I liked the idea and quickly went to the back and waited for an employee or two to come out. We waited for about 5 minutes until 3 employees ended their shift and exited from the shop. While they were walking away, we listened in to their conversation.

“Yah, can you believe it?! Those two must be dating or something.” One employee said.

“I don’t think so. They seem kind of awkward together. Maybe they’re just friends.” The second employee argued.

“Oh yeah sure, they’re just friends that meet alone. With the restaurant booked for just the two of them, I don’t think that they’re just friends.” The first employee responded.

“Guys, keep your thoughts to yourself. Remember about the contract we signed about shutting up about this.” The third one said. The second didn’t say anything but what the first one said really scared me for a while. He said,

“Fine. But it would be like the Yoona and Taecyeon scandal. Think of it a Kara member and a Super Junior member dating would really shake up the whole nation.”

I could feel my companions’ eyes on me and Donghae’s hand on my shoulder as we waited for the employees to disappear. But all I could think about was,

“Please not let it be her.”

[ End of Flashback ]

.o0o.

So here I am, watching the love of my life being courted by a younger brother whom I’ve taken care off with 11 others for such a long time. I prayed that it would be her as I sneaked in with Leeteuk hyung and Donghae with heavy yet silent footsteps.

We heard it all, the conversation and the sudden confession. I could see Gyuri’s expression clearly as Kyuhyun’s back faced us. I still could feel Donghae’s hand on my shoulder, comforting me. Nobody knew of my love for Gyuri but Donghae. But I could sense Leeteuk hyung’s worried glances from time to time, I guess he knew too.

And then I heard the words that I should’ve said to Gyuri come out from his lips…

“ Gyuri ah, I have always watched you, silently and calmly. But now, I’m determined to let you know,that I can no longer stay away. I love you and I want to be with you. And no matter how long it takes,I’ll wait for you, even if it takes forever.” And then I could hear my heart break, I’ve lost her, this I am sure of.

Why didn’t I see it? Why didn’t I take notice that Kyuhyun liked her? Why did he keep his feelings from us? But I did too. But why, why of all the men in the world… Why did it have to be one of the people I care most about? Why could I have the courage to confess to her? Why did I it have to be Kyuhyun? Why did he have to like Gyuri? Why did have to be her? Why? Why are things so complicated, so messed up. Why did it have to be a rivalry between brothers now?

Yes, it is now…

A rivalry between brothers

.o0o.

I have always watched you
…Silently and calmly
But now, I’m determined to let you know…
…That I can no longer stay away.
I love you…
And I want to be with you.
And no matter how long it takes,
I’ll wait for you, even if it takes…
…Forever.”

-Cho Kyuhyun.

.o0o.

Author’s Note: Hello! I’m so SORRY, for not updating as much. I just started college last June 7th. It’s hard yo! So I didn’t have much time to update my stories because I’m still adjusting and trying to focus on college . Also, my Literature teacher is a total , he insulted me indirectly in front of the class. : ( I’m so sorry readers. But I do hope this chapter will make up for it. Oh! I made a new poster again, do you guys like it? Tell me if you like the 1st,2nd or this one. :D

1st: http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx115/Natalie101993/BL.jpg

2nd: http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx115/Natalie101993/Posters/BL2.jpg

3rd: http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx115/Natalie101993/Posters/BL3.jpg

Oh yeah, as much as I love HyukRi. I think Kyuhyun and Gyuri are cute too… and they’re the same age. So I decided to make a love triangle. Who will win Gyuri’s heart?! Tune in next time! : ))

Comments are loved.

Take Care~