Chapter Three: The Leader and the Mankae

Our Background Love

.o0o.
Title: Our Background Love
Author: Natalie1093
Chapter Three: The Leader and the Mankae
.o0o.

.o0o.

[ Sukira Radio Show , South Korea, Seoul ]

“I think Gyuri unnie would look good with SHINee’s Jonghyun oppa.” Jiyoung said while smiling. Gyuri nudged their mankae. Earlier I asked Jiyoung to pick a guy from SM Entertainment that would look good with her Gyuri unnie. I stole a glanced at Eunhyuk who just quietly agreed and forcing a smile. I then looked back at a clueless Jiyoung and smiled at her.

“Why do you think Gyuri-shii would look goof with Jonghyun?” I asked and watched Gyuri for a reaction but sadly, she doesn’t seem at all interested.

“Well, when we had 2 performances with SHINee, Gyuri unnie was always paired with Jonghyun oppa. But they were always quiet and awkward with each other but…” Jiyoung said, still explaining her reason.

“If they were so awkward they wouldn’t be very compatible, Jiyoung ah. “ Eunhyuk said, cutting her off. I chuckled at his obvious jealousy. Ah, Lee Hyukjae, can you be any more obvious?

“Eunhyuk ah, Jiyoung isn’t done explaining. Apologize.” I gently scolded Eunhyuk while we all laughed, we couldn’t have any rudeness in our radio show now can we?

“Ah yes, I’m sorry. Please continue.” Eunhyuk said apologizing. I watched as he stole a glance next to Gyuri who was busily looking at the monitor in front of her but still paying attention to the conversation.

“Well, the reason why they’re awkward and silent with each other is because the moment they were put next to each other, all of us started teasing them since they looked so charismatic and cute together. Since then, because we made it awkward for them in the beginning, it’s really awkward for them now..which makes them even more cuter to watch!!!” Jiyoung explained ending it with a squel which got Gyuri reacting and slapping Jiyoung’s arm playfully.

“Ohhh~ Gyuri ah, are you blushing?” I aksed her, just trying to ,catching her in a moment that even though it doesn’t mean anything she would still seem flustered at the same time trying to confirm if Eunhyuk’s secret crush is really Gyuri.

“W-w-what?” Gyuri said. Obviously startled by my question, I saw Eunhyuk secretly clenching his fist and forcing a chuckle and smile. Aha, Lee Hyukjae, you’ve been caught!

.o0o.

This is funny, the way Gyuri unnie is reacting to our constant teasing. She’s usually not like this when we with a guy. But since Eunhyuk was here, maybe she was trying to clear things out. Hehe, unnie must really like him.

The truth is, we really did and Jonghyun oppa before and did really think they look good together. And the reason why they’re awkward and quiet with each other is because of us. I thought that they would be perfect with each other, I mean both of their vocals are amazing, and if they push through and get out of their awkwardness which we caused they’d be really cute together. Until I finally saw the way she looks at Eunhyuk oppa.

I can say, from the years I’ve known her, I have never seen her look at any man they way she looks at Eunhyuk oppa. She’ll never admit to anyone especially to me, a teenager. She’ll never admit she loves him. I know I’m young to know anything about love but you know, the way unnie looks at him, is the way my mom looks at my dad.
I looked at Eunhyuk oppa, who seems to be enjoying the teasing. I wonder if he feels the same way about her, I hope so. I could see Gyuri unnie’s slight disappointment at the fact that Eunhyuk oppa didn’t seem to be even a bit jealous. I kind of felt sad for Gyuri unnie. I could easily tell her that I know she like him and help her with him but I guess, in order to respect her privacy I would just have to wait until she’s ready to tell me. I watched as Gyuri unnie as she stole glances at Eunhyuk oppa while he watches the monitor, the way she looks at him, is really something. It’s warm and loving like what a wife would look at a husband she adores. Finally, Eunhyuk looked up from the monitor and caught Gyuri looking at him which made her blush a little as he gives her is gummy smile. Hmm, maybe there is hope for them yet.

.o0o.

Author’s Note: Uh Oh! SUJU’s leader and KARA’s mankae know! :DD I hope you guys liked this chapter. :D I wanted to put someone else’s POV to make it more interesting. I also included SHINee’s Jonghyun in the scene because when I saw him and Gyuri paired up for a music show doing Juliette and a Christmas song, I really thought they looked cute together, hence a little bit of ‘Gyuhyun’ was featured. :D

Comments are loved. :D

Take Care~

05.04.10