Can this be True?

How Deep is Our Love?

9PM at the gym..

 

“Alright! We’re done! Thanks guys for your cooperation and doing well! Let’s all do our best tomorrow, okay?”

Then I bid goodbye.

 

“Yes. Performance level! Aja!” Everybody assured.

I was relieved to hear them say that.

 

“Thank you! Byebye! See you guys tomorrow! Take care! Have a good sleep! Annyeong!” I bid again.

 

“Byeeeeee!

 

I went outside to meet Kangin. Though, he didn’t text me he should be h

ere, knowing him, I know he’s on time and is already here., but to my surprise, he’s not here yet. I look somewhere else, but still couldn’t find him.

 

"Oh, where is he? He should be here by now." I keep on stomping my feet and pressing onto my fingers, making little steps, feeling uncomfortable.

 

I’m already worried. It’s either he’s on time or he won’t be able to make it. And if he won’t be able to make it, then he should have texted me. But were no text messages from him since earlier this day.

 

I tried to call him, but the number cannot be reached, so I worried more. Where could he be?

Suddenly, my phone rang. It was only numbers. I still answered it anyway.

 

“Hello?” I answered the phone.

 

“Hello, is this Taeyeon?” A woman answered.

 

“Yes, who is this?” I asked.

 

“This is Jessie, Kangin’s wife.”

 

Wait. What? I can’t believe what I just heard so I asked again.

 

“I’m sorry, who is this?”

 

“I’m Kangin’s wife, Jessie.” She repeated.

 

“Kangin’s wife?" I asked.

 

“Yes.” She answered as well.

 

“Wait. Kangin has a wife?” It should just be a thought and I didn’t mean to blurt it out.

 

“Yes and it is me.” my eyes widen to her response.

 

“Listen, I called you because Kangin tells a lot of stories about you and he said you’re his best friend so I thought I you’re the best person to talk to.” I could not easily absorb what she’s saying. I can’t even speak.

 

“Can we meet?” And now she wants us to meet.

 

I don’t know what’s with me to answer. “Sure. When?"

 

“Tomorrow, because he won’t be here tomorrow. He said he has to go somewhere, business thing.”

 

“Tomorrow? I-I’m sorry but I can’t. It’s already late and we have competition for tomorrow.”

 

“Oh, I’m sorry. Uhmm, how about this Saturday?”

 

I don’t want to meet her, but I could think of an excuse at that time, so I said yes.

 

"What the hell is wrong with you, Taeyeon? You are about to meet Kangin’s wife, which is according to her." I am now confused.

 

I know it’s still not sinking to me. But it will eventually, and before that happens, I should prepare myself to calm down.

 

 

- end of chapter -