Graduation

How Deep is Our Love?

“.. and now that this roller coaster ride has finally come to an end, may we all have a great start ahead of our careers. Congratulations my fellow graduates. Great job indeed!” I ended my speech with a bow and a wink. Kekeke

 

*Clap! Clap! Cap! (Everyone’s clapping)

 

After my speech, I went back to my seat and joined the rest of my fellow students in throwing our Toga caps into the air. I’m filled with mixed emotions during that time. Happy that finally, I’ve reached one of my dreams and that is to finish my studies, but then, feeling sad, ‘coz I know that me and my best friend won’t be seeing each other for a very long time.

 

“Hey, that was a very heart-warming speech you got there.” She tapped me and said.

 

“I know right? Keke”

 

“I’m gonna miss you, you know that?”

 

“I’m gonna miss you more, Pany.” I told her looking straight into her eyes.

 

“I know. Everyone misses me. Haha” She always thinks that. Haha

 

“Hahaha!” Then I paused and went back to reality. “So, you’re leaving next week?”

 

“I guess so.  Actually, it should be tomorrow, but I pleaded to move it next week.”

 

“Why? Aren’t you excited to be with your family?” I asked.

 

“I am. But knowing that I’ll be leaving someone behind that holds me back.”

 

“Have you told this to Siwon?”

 

“Not yet.” She said and bowed down.

 

“Well, I guess you better tell him.”

“Look, there he is.” I added.

 

She turned around and saw Siwon coming.

 

“Hey, nice speech, Taeyeon! You really are our Summa Cumlaude. Congratulations to all of us. Keke”

Siwon said.

 

“Thanks! I dedicated that to all of you. Keke~”

 

“Well, we’ll be going now. Till we meet again.” He bid while holding onto Tiffany’s waist.

 

“Sure! See you again.” I also bid while still looking at his arms.

 

“You go first; I just have something to tell to my best friend.” Tiffany asked Siwon.

 

“Okay, I’ll wait in the car.”

 

“Okay.” Tiffany answered, but not looking at him.

 

Then Siwon left the picture and went inside the his car.

It’s now only me and Tiffany.

 

“Hey, you take care of yourself, okay? I don’t wanna hear any troubles involving you. You’re not that kind of person. Don’t forget to pray. Always be yourself. Okay?”

 

“I’ll try. Kekeke” I .

 

“No! Don’t try! Just do it!” She shouted.

 

“Okay. Okay. Don’t shout. I was just joking. Kekeke”

 

“I’m serious. I won’t be around anymore. There’s no one to look after you but yourself, so please do so. I don’t want you to get hurt, especially by anyone. Promise me you’ll take care of yourself more than anything or anyone else.” She worriedly said.

 

“I will. I promise.” I assured her.

“You too, you take of yourself.” I added.

 

“Of course, I will. Keep in touch, okay? I’ll be sending you emails every day. If you’re online, then let’s chat, alright?”

 

“Sure. Let’s keep in touch.” I responded while smiling.

 

“Okay, that’s good to hear.” She said while taking out something from her bag.

 

“Here. Take this with you. Always bring it wherever you go.”

 

She handed to me a key pendant, then showed me hers which is a padlock.

 

“This key is yours and mine is a padlock. It means that you’re the only one who will be able to open this padlock. Well, as you can see this padlock represents my heart and my trust, and I am now entrusting to you that key to my heart. I’ll always bring this with me, so do the same.”

 

I was touched by what she said. They key to her heart. I don’t know what to say. I don’t know how to respond to such wonderful words.

 

“Wherever I go, I promise to bring this with me to always remind me of you.” Was all I can say.

 

She then hugged me so tight, and then kissed my chick. That was the first time that she kissed me. After 7 years of friendship.

 

She bid goodbye and I did the same. I followed their car until it vanished from my sight.

 

That’ll be the last time I’ll be seeing her.

 

Goodbye for now, Tiffany. My best friend. My love. <3

 

- end of chapter -