Tight rope

Short stories (Bigbang)

Daesung POV

We’ve always been together. But people are saying that hyun’s not normal. He has a scary father, tough sister and a lot of brothers that are actually not blood related brothers. Although he grew up in such environment, he’s still a great person to me at least.

 

“We still have 2 more months left, Daesung. I’m counting on you.” My uncle told me. Why me? How am I supposed to convince him? The Choi group is notorious among the locals. Many feared them but there are many enemies too.

 

A few days later

Seunghyun slammed the door opened and walked into the ‘lieutenant’s’ room.

“Why are you dragging Dae into all these? He being your nephew doesn’t mean you can tell him to convince me and make me change my mind.”

“Hyun it’s not his--” I tried to stop him from reprimanding my uncle.

“Dae please I need to make them understand that I’m not going to be the 5th heir of the Choi group.”

“Wait, why didn’t you explain to him?” my uncle asked.

“Even if I explain he’s not going to accept it.”

He’s the only heir to the Choi Group. From young he had been isolated from the outside world and I was his only playmate. He had been protected from their enemies so that he can successfully take over his father’s place when he grows up. However about half a year ago, he announced something really shockingly.

“I’m not going to accept the inheritance. I” He announced and it caused an uproar among the Choi Group.

“Why did you change your mind? Just a few months before you graduate from the university.”

“I want to be a train operator and have a normal life with the person I love.” He said and pointed to me.

“But even Dae wants you to inherit the line too. Why can’t you just accept it?” my uncle is getting more and more agitated.

“Is that true?” he whispered behind my ears.

“I think it’s a better job than you being a train operator?” I confessed.

“What even you? Urgh I’m not going to accept it even if Dae asked me to.” Then he stormed off. He’s really a kid. What should I do?

“You are the only person that he listens to…” my uncle looks like he had given up on making him the 5th.

Since then my uncle had used all kinds of method to make him accept the inheritance. I wonder how’s my life if my mum isn’t a close acquaintance with the Choi family, what would I be doing now? Because of my uncle,I always had the chance to go into Hyun’s house all the time. That’s why he’s so close to me. The only person that he truly interacted because everyone knew he’s the son of the Yakuza. It is hard for him to make friends.

Once I told him to go and die as I’m tired of him sticking so close to me all the time instead of looking for girlfriends. And he really did try to die. He went to the rooftop and climbed over the wires and stood there. I was totally dumbfounded by his actions. My uncles and his underlings had spent the whole day persuading him to get down from that place but to no avail.

“Dae told me to die. He doesn’t love me anymore. Maybe I should really die.” He cried.

“Stop Hyun. I’m just messing around with you. Just get down from that place. I love you okay.”

“Really? Don’t you try to bluff me just to get me down from here.”

“Ya I love you and if you get down from there I will give you a peck.” And he did. Everyone was surprised.

He climbed down and walked towards me. Then he gave me a kiss.

“When the hell did I promise you a kiss? I said a peck not a kiss.” I tried to get away from him.

I tried to further the distance between us. It is impossible between us.

But why things didn’t change?

Seunghyun appeared in my house with bruises and a sprained wrist.

“So you lost?”

“Of course not. I won. But they are tough.”

“Why don’t you tell my uncle to handle them? You will get more and more bruises if this continues.”

“I’m fine. There’s no need to tell them. Unless you are concerned about me.” His face is getting nearer and nearer. And there, he kissed me. I gave him a kick in the stomach.

“Save that for your girlfriend.”

“But I want you. You are enough for me.”

“Argh you are crazy.” As I walked off he held onto my waist as I struggled to walk.

“Dae…Dae…dae...dae…dae…dae” he continued whining until I stopped moving.

“What you a cat in heat or what?”

“Yeah I’m in heat except I’m not a cat but a tiger who wants to devour the prey in front of me.” Then he kissed me. But this time I didn’t reject. In fact I did enjoy the kiss. We were so engrossed in kissing that I didn’t realize he tried to my jeans.

“What the hell are you doing?” I twisted his hand.

“Why did you reject me? We are so into it.”

“No I don’t want to do it with you. I don’t want to lose something.”

“But you accepted the kiss. Isn’t the same?” Then I threw him on the ground with my hand headlocking his neck until he surrenders.

“Kidding! I’m just kidding. I won’t do anything to you. I swear.” Then I looked at him.

“What will you do when I’m no longer here?” It just came out of my mouth unknowingly.

“Well you will always be here for me, isn’t it? But if you are not here, then maybe I will die. It’s hard to live without you. I don’t know what will happen to me if you are not there for me.” He confessed.

I need to do something about this. Seunghyun I won’t be by your side 24/7. Then the phone rang.

“Is the fifth with you now?” it’s my uncle.

“Yeah why? Did something happen?”

“Not really but we caught some punks causing trouble and spreading the rumor of Choi Group meeting it’s doom after the fourth fell sick.”

“Ah, that explains why you have been attacked recently.”I told Seunghyun.

“Wait who knows that you are the heir?” I asked Seunghyun.

“Err your uncle, my dad, you and Ben?”

“Wait that big mouth Ben? ”

“So it’s him who told everyone. Seriously I should have been more careful about it. I’m sorry” I apologized.

“It’s not you who spread it anyway.Blame that Ben. But if you are so worried about me, want to be my bodyguard? We can shop, eat, watch movie, kiss and do THAT—” I almost want to strangle him but he continued.

“Just kidding. I’m going to be a good boy and stay at home with you.” He finished his sentence. But then a bunch of people surrounded us. Seunghyun was fighting and I was standing behind his back. Then someone got me when I wasn’t on my guard.

“Surrender if you don’t want him to get hurt.” The guy tried to negotiate with Seunghyun. But I threw him down on the floor hard.

“Don’t touch me.”

“Heh, Dae’s strong too.” Seunghyun said smugly. And we fought side by side. Out of a sudden a guy took out a gun and aimed it at Seunghyun. I need to protect him and it scraped pass my arm. Seunghyun saw it and he was furious. The first time where I saw him changed into someone who I don’t know anymore. He kept on beating up that guy until he’s semi- conscious.

“Stop hyun, you are going to kill him.” I shouted but he didn’t listen and I have to slap him hard on his face before he returned to normal.

I took their photo and sent it to my uncle.

“He hurt you.” He came over and looked at my wound.

“But you almost killed him.” I reasoned.

“Sorry. But you will live won’t you?” my heart stings when he cared so much. If I’m together with him, I will be his weakness. People will want to hurt me and he will have to sacrifice a lot for me.

“Of course, it’s just a scrap and nothing serious.” I assured.

“I’m shocked that the yakuza owns such thing.”

“We have it too.”

“What?”

“My mum was killed by one of them during a dispute among the groups. My brothers are also often injured by it too. The dark side. And if I were to accept the inheritance, I have to let you go.” He said and he walked off. The reason of him not accepting it. I am the reason behind it. He did it for me. I caught up with him and gave him a tight hug.

“Dae?”

I didn’t reply but I continue hugging him.

“Let’s go.” I said as I whispered ‘I love you’. I don’t know if he heard it.

I grabbed his hand and walked towards his house.

“Hey what are you doing?? Where are we going?” he asked but I chose to ignore it. Who’s the one ask me to stay together with you? I had so many chances to let you go but this time I don’t want to let go of you.

At his house

I offered him a cup of wine.

“Why did you give me a cup of wine? I said I’m not going to accept the inheritance. Even if I accept it, there’s still 2 more months to go. I’m going to do all kinds of things to you and spend every second with you.”

“I didn’t say it’s for the inheritance. It’s for the both of us.”

“Ah the wine drinking ritual is real business in this house. You should have told me.”

“Drink it. After drinking it we will be bond for life. We will be together. We should have done this from the start. You knew you will leave me one day. But what if I’m gone? You said you will die or don’t know what you will become. It just worries me. So let’s have a deal. I will be with you no matter what you will become. Let’s do this the yakuza way.” I explained and drank the wine before he could stop me.

“If you drink that you will—”

“Don’t worry I don’t need any protection from you guys. Uncle, can you bring hyun’s wine?”

“Sure I will inform the rest too.”

“Be… together?” Seunghyun confirmed again.

“I’m prepared for the worst.” I leaned in and kissed him.

“But I’m not prepared to do something beyond this. Bonds are stronger than marriage you know. Or maybe THAT too.” I said cheekily as I hug him.

“You’re so meannn” he whined.

At Baller Group

“So you let them get away? I don’t think they will be that lucky the next time.”

A/N- So i wrote Todae first. This storyline does not belong to me. It belongs to the writer of tight rope and it is one of my favourite anime. I think Todae suits the couple in the story. There is still one more chapter to this story. Those who had watched it will know the ending though. Hope you guys like it.