. CHAPTER FOUR

♕ Hey Princess ! {hiatus}

Chapter Four . New Guy

 



 

"Minho oppa can be so boring~! He was here but never helped us, can you believe it Soyeon?"

"MinHee, don't talk about your brother like that," Soyeon scolded her, but a smile was lingering on her lips.

"But it's true! I wanted to go out yesterday. That guy took my chance to be with my best friend, because Mister wanted to spend a day with our family. I'm happy because I don't see him as much as I want. But you were alone last night. I feel horrible..."

   Soyeon bit her lips and held back a laugh; MinHee was cute when she felt guilty. Somehow, she understood Minho's wish. He was a member of a group under SM Entertainment, named SHINEE, and he couldn't see his sister as often as he wanted. Everything was more complicated when you were an idol, but MinHee being the daughter of Choi Min Ki, the President of Choi Entertainment, and being the sister of Choi Minho, was known by his fans and people.

"I was fine. In fact, I was at Kim Sun Hi's house," Soyeon explained.

   MinHee looked at her before she sighed. "Does your mother know? She won't be happy to hear that."

   Soyeon rolled her eyes, but she looked away. "I didn't want to spend the night with Taehyun. He has his new toys with him, I was alone. Period."

"Okay, okay. You don't want to talk about it, I got it. So, was it interesting?"

   Thinking about what happened last Saturday, Soyeon smiled a little. "I met her son, Jong In."

   MinHee's eyes widened. "Seriously? He's at Seoul right now? Omo, I want to see him too! You're lucky, she talks so much about him. It's not fair!" She whined like a little girl.

   Soyeon arched a brow. "I thought you loved BaekHyun, why are you so curious about Sun Hi's son?"

"I love BaekHyun oppa, but it's not the same thing! We are talking about Aunty's son, that guy is a real mystery."

"Just an annoying child, if you want my opinion..." Soyeon muttered while looking at her hands. "But I don't deny that he's handsome. Really handsome."

   MinHee smiled. Soyeon never said those words while talking about a guy, at least not often. Soyeon's love for her Oppa was almost as strong than MinHee's love for BaekHyun. Everybody knew their feelings, except for the boys themselves. Boys could be so blind when it came to love.

"So he's more handsome than your lover?" MinHee asked.

   Soyeon's eyes widened. "Absolutely not! Oppa will always be the most handsome boy for me! But I can't deny that Kim Jong In is y~!" She said with a playful smirk.

"You're crazy, you know that?  It's too bad Myungsoo oppa is not here to hear your words. I'm pretty sure he'd be upset by them."

"We're not even together, he has nothing to say! He doesn't know what I feel about him, and I don't intend to tell him."

"Why not? Maybe he loves you too. If not, he's just an idiot."

   Soyeon didn't respond but she looked at her best friend. MinHee's words were nice to hear. Soyeon wasn't confident in her love life, she always needed to be reassured by others. Her best and childhood friend was her biggest support. Even her two other childhood friends couldn't be like MinHee.

"You're sweet," Soyeon smiled.

   MinHee blushed and waved, like saying that it was normal. They were best friends because of that, weren't they?

"By the way, what are you doing during the next holidays? Mom wants to spend them in Paris, and I'm sure she wants you to be with us this time. With Tiffany unnie taken by her career and your parents who can't be with you... It's better than being alone. Minho oppa misses you."

"Hey! That's not fair to use Minho against me! You can't do that," Soyeon said playfully.

   MinHee let out a 'tsk' before she laughed with her. Both of them were close with SHINEE because Minho was Min Hee's brother, but MinHee knew that it wasn't the only link Soyeon had with this group.

"Taemin misses you too," Min Hee whispered.

   Soyeon gulped but said nothing. It was not the time to talk about that. It was an old story that didn't need to be remembered. Not now when the pain was still here.

"I don't know Min, maybe Tiffany unnie will be here for holidays. She promised me."

"I thought SNSD was preparing a comeback? Minho oppa told me that as they're in the same company," MinHee stated.

   Like Minho, Soyeon's sister named Tiffany was a part of a girl group under SM Entertainment, SNSD. Being one of the most famous groups in South Korea, they were know around the world too. Soyeon was proud of her sister and the girls. Sure like MinHee, she missed her sibling, but Tiffany was doing what she loves. Another member of the group, Jessica, was the older sister of one of her friends, Soojung.

   They all knew each other for a long time. Their families were rich and were in the same circle of friends. The Hwang, the Jung and the Choi. It was funny to see that their children were still friends now, even after the debuts of SHINEE and SNSD. Soojung, Soyeon and MinHee went to the same school, like most future idols. Most of SHINEE's and SNSD's members graduated from Korea National University of Arts. It explained many things.

"Their comeback is just before summer holiday, so maybe in July, Tiffany unnie could go with me to California. We miss our grandparents. We'll see what SM and their manager will do about it. The girls need breaks too sometimes, even more after a comeback."

"You can hope and dream. It's your choice."

"Yah! Don't be mean to me. You're lucky, you saw your brother yesterday. I haven't seen Tiffany unnie since December."

"You call her every week," MinHee retorted.

"That's not the same. I miss her so much," Soyeon whined.

   To be honest, Soyeon was happy to have Tiffany as her sister. Even if they didn't see each other as much as they wanted to, like Minho and MinHee, as long as her older sister was happy, Soyeon was too. What were few months against a dream?

 

 

~~~

 

 

"I told you everything would be fine. You heard the Principal, he doesn't mind if you arrived one month after the beginning of the school year. You weren't here, Jong In. It's simple as that." Ms. Kim said to her son with a smile. The two of them had just left the office of the Principal of Korea National University of Arts. As Kai's mother hoped, her son was accepted in the university after he passing a few exams. Mr. Kim Jae Suk, the owner of the school, was very impressed by the skills of the boy, and Kim Sun Hi was a proud mother. But there was a secret she kept from her son about his scholarship, and she didn't want him to know about it yet. "Omma, it's embarrassing," Kai whined when Ms. Kim hugged him in the street.

   People were looking at them, and Kai didn't like attention from strangers that much. At least, not when he wasn't dancing. Even if on the outside Kai appeared as a confident guy, inside, he was just a shy, little boy who loved his passion dearly.

"Embarrassing? Me? Aigoo, you little punk, where are your manners?" His mother slapped him in the head, making Kai flinch.

"Omma, seriously? How old are you? You act like a child all the time."

"Because I'm young. I'm only 39, you know. And have you seen your grandma? She's worse than me~" She sang while doing a little happy dance.

   Kai looked away, not daring to say anything. His mother wouldn't listen anyway. She was so stubborn sometimes, and it was tiring. He understood now why his mother was like this, because his grandmother was the same, if not worse.

   The two of them went to a coffee shop in Hongdae called 'Latte Dream'. It was far from the school and their home but Ms. Kim wanted to treat her son. He deserved it, because now, he would be closer to realizing his dream. Many students from KNUA became famous after they graduated, or they at least had a good job. She wanted to see the smile of Kai when he achieved his dream. A mother's wish.

   Plus, Kim Sun Hi knew the owner of the coffee shop, like many of her friends and students from Seoul. When they arrived, the bell rang and a beautiful boy came to see them. At first Kai thought that the guy was in fact a girl. His face was a little feminine, and he had doe eyes and full lips. His hair was almost white, maybe a bit darker. The guy wasn't very tall but not he wasn't short either.

   The boy was handsome. Even Kai couldn't deny it, although he was a guy himself. Kai's mother smiled at him and the stranger smiled back. "Annyeonghaseyo, Ms. Kim. A table for two, I suppose?"

"Annyeong LuHan-sshi. Thank you, a table for two would be perfect," Ms. Kim replied.

   Kai walked after her while they followed the waiter. The boy and Kai's mother chatted a bit before they arrived at the table. "I'll come in a few minutes," he said as he gave them the menu.

"You know him?" Kai asked after the waiter left.

"Who? LuHan-sshi? Yes, he's worked here for a long time. I know him thanks to his friends, and the owner, Lee DongHae, who's a old friend."

"His friends? Omma, how old is he? He seems too young to be friends with yours..."

   Ms. Kim laughed. "Believe me or not, but LuHan-sshi is already 23, Jong In. Surprise~!"

   Kai's eyes widened. That guy is 23? But he looked like a teenager. LuHan had a baby face. "Well, looks are not everything..."

"LuHan is a friend of someone I adore. They went to the same school, and he graduated last February. I remember all the girls' tears when they knew they wouldn't see him at their university the next year... That's a good memory," she said dreamily.

   Kai squinted his eyes. Why was his mother at LuHan's graduation? She seemed to know him well. He was curious about their friends and what their connections were. Even if she knew Mr. Lee, it didn't mean that she had to know all of his workers.

   But the name of Lee DongHae was familiar; he remembered his mother talked about him. At the age of 27, he owned two coffee shops in Seoul, and one restaurant in Taiwan. Ms. Kim said that many girls wanted to date him, but his heart already belonged to someone else.

   When LuHan came back, they ordered theirs drinks and cookies. It was good to have a moment between them again, it was something Kai had missed a lot. Since he came here to live with his mother, Kai had learned many new things about her. They grew up over the years and changed. Kai was more mature now, he wasn't the little boy who cried whenever he fell anymore.

"Aunty?"

   Hearing a female voice telling this surname, Kai tossed a look from over his shoulder and met two brown eyes that he had wished to see again. A little smile eased itself across his face when he saw her coming nearer.

"Soyeon-ah~," Ms. Kim cooed. "You come here to drink something? Alone?"

   Soyeon chuckled softly and a shiver ran down Kai's spine. "Anio, I came here with MinHee. I wanted to see if BaekHyun was here, but it seems that he doesn't work today," she sulked.

   With that frown, she looked like a child. And to be honest, Kai liked it a little too much for his liking. Again, she had said another guy's name, and she seemed to be close to him. A boyfriend maybe? The thought made him pout.

"Have you asked LuHan? They're friends, he should know where BaekHyun is."

"I think I know where I can find him," Soyeon snickered. "I'm sure he's with a girl, or ChanYeol. Poor MinHee~!"

"Oh, hello Jong In-sshi. How are you?"

   Soyeon's voice was soft. Kai stayed mute for a few seconds before he answered her, "Ah... Good morning Soyeon-sshi. I'm... I'm fine, thank you. And you?"

"Never been better. I'm sorry but I can't stay much longer, I just wanted to say hi when I saw you two. MinHee is waiting for me." She smiled at them then looked at the brunette talking to LuHan.

   Ms. Kim waved at her. Soyeon spun around and walked to MinHee, but waved back with a smile. She told a few words to LuHan before she hugged him, then the two girls left the coffee shop. Kai never stopped watching her. He froze a little when LuHan took her in his arms and blinked when she left.

"I told you so. You would see her again," Ms. Kim said.

"What?" He chewed on his lip, he knew about who she talked but was not prepared to accept that his mother could read him so well.

"Soyeon." Ms. Kim pointed out with a smile.

   She didn't miss her son's smile when he had seen the lady. Inside, she was overjoyed to see Kai taking interest in a girl, but Ms. Kim wasn't sure if Soyeon was a good choice. She was not the problem, but her family was. It was her parents.

   Ms. Kim knew that Soyeon's mother, Hwang SoYoun, would never accept someone from his background as a boyfriend for her daughter. Ms. Hwang didn't even love the one Soyeon had a crush on right now, and Soyeon had a long-time crush on Myungsoo.

"Wanna know something interesting, my precious boy?" Ms. Kim whispered.

   Kai just looked at her before he nodded.

"Soyeon goes to Korea National University of Arts."

 

        ________________________________________

 

         

 

         author's note 

 

        » The fourth chapter was difficult to write, but he is longer than the other chapters and I'm happy because of that. I hope you'll like it <3
              I know that with the story with Kris and EXO, it's difficult for the fans. Honestly I have nothing to say about it, I like EXO but if Kris wants to leave, who are we to tell him that he can't? It's better than staying and suffer. I wasn't there when everything happened with DBSK and SuJu, but as an ELF, I first discovered the group with songs where they were 13. It's something difficult and I hope things will go well.
              Please be a nice reader and share your opinion about this chapter, and suscribe if you like it. ^^