. CHAPTER THREE

♕ Hey Princess ! {hiatus}

Chapter Three . Soyeon & Kai

 

 
 
"What are you doing here?" The girl asked.
 
   She was surprised. She never thought that she would see him again. He was her Aunty's son. Seeing him here, she hoped it was a bad joke.
 
"Soyeon-ah! Be gentle!" Mrs. Kim said while pinching Soyeon's cheek.
 
"Soyeon-ah?" Kai asked, dumbfounded.
 
"Aunty!" Soyeon whined at the same time.
 
"Aunty?!" Wait a minute. Did I miss something? "Since when did I have a cousin? You don't even have a sibling. Mom, what the h-"
 
"Jongin-ah, don't curse in my house!" His mother sighed. Those two made her head hurt. She was happy to see Soyeon, but she didn't plan the two of them to meet today. Maybe later would have been better.
 
"So, he's your son? I never imagined him to look like that..." Soyeon said with a blank face.
 
"Why? Did you think I was an old man?" Kai scoffed, and smirked.
 
"More like an annoying boy. She never told me that you were older. That's too bad..."
 
"Guys don't star-" Mrs. Kim wanted to talk but was cut off by her son.
 
"Well, sorry to break your hopes, missy."
 
"Jong In!" Mrs. Kim's patience broke after her son's comment. "Don't talk to her like that. It's true that I don't tell her your age, she has nothing to do with this. It's my fault not hers."
 
   Kai looked at his mother with disbelief. "What does she have that's so special for you to defend her?" He asked, not wanting to believe her words.
 
   It was crazy! The entire situation was crazy. Since when could a girl stay outside at this hour like if it was nothing? And go in someone else's house?
 
   Kai could see the close bond between the two women. They talked like there was no tomorrow. Soyeon was here for more than thirty minutes now.
 
   Kai was jealous. Seeing his mother enjoying that girl's presence more than his, he couldn't help but be jealous. He forgot the fact that he liked her eyes; that he wanted to see her again. Right now, Kai only wanted her to be gone and be alone with his mother. Maybe it was childish, but he didn't really care at this moment.
 
"Jong In-ah, you should go to sleep," his mother said gently to him. "You must be tired from your day."
 
   Kai scoffed. "What about her? She can't stay here. What about her parents? Her family must be worried to not see her at home? Moreover, you don't have many rooms, and you work tomorrow! I'm pretty sure that those Hwang won't accept it if you're late."
 
   Soyeon glared at him. "Those what? Yah, how can-"
 
"Soyeon-ah, forget him," Mrs. Kim muttered before looking at Kai. "You don't know what you are talking about. The Hwang are a nice family, and I don't say that because I work for them as a housemaid. Dear, you are worried, I understand it, but don't say something like this."
 
"But mom-"
 
"Stop it now! On the other hand, to answer your other questions, Soyeon's family know where she is, and they don't mind. I'm sure of that," she said and smiled at Soyeon.
 
   Soyeon smiled shyly. "To be honest, they don't know. Mom and Dad are out tonight, and Unnie can't come home. It's because I was alone that Taehyun took me out."
 
   Taehyun? Who's that? Kai wondered. He then shook his head, it was not the time to think about the new name. A wave of guilt snuck up inside his heart. In his wish to be with his mother again, he was ready to do everything, even acting like a spoiled brat. He didn't like it.
 
"I will go if my presence is not welcomed. I don't want you to be in a conflict with Jong In-sshi," Soyeon voiced with a little smile.
 
   Somewhat, hearing her saying his name made Kai's heart beat faster. He gulped, then he stared at Soyeon. "I..." He started making the two women looked at him. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said those words."
 
   Mrs. Kim's lips raised a little. Actually, she wanted to smile, but her son seemed so shy to excuse himself. He didn't look in Soyeon's eyes while the girl blankly stared back.
 
   After a few seconds, Soyeon began to laugh warmly. "It's nothing really, Jong In-sshi. You just came, and here I am, stealing your mother's attention. I woud have said the same things." She winked, making him shift in his seat. "But you're right, it's late and I know that even if my parents are not here, there are people in my house who are waiting for me to come back."
 
"I will call you when I'm at home," Soyeon added to Mrs. Kim. "To be sure that I didn't get into an accident."
 
   Soyeon flinched when Kai's mother flicked her forehead. "Don't joke with that. Gosh, you'll kill me one day."
 
"Neh Aunty. I'll be careful. Promise!" she responded with a laugh. "Goodye Jong In-sshi, Aunty."
 
   As fast as the wind, she was out of their house in an instant. Mrs. Kim laughed which startled her son. "She reminds me of you, you know," she told him. "Despite having her parents, she was raised by someone else. Her personality is similar to yours. I wonder if you'll get along with her."
 
"Omma, don't start with your speech. By the way, how did you meet her?"
 
"Hm? Oh, it's a secret my boy," his mother said. "You'll see her again, don't worry about that," she continued with a smirk before she left the living room to go to her bedroom.
 
"Omma!" Kai yelled. "Aish, this woman!"
 
   Kai took his luggage to his own room. There were nothing there. Only a bed close to a wall, a desk on the other side, and a wardrobe. I'll talk to mom about it later. Shopping doesn't seem as a bad idea.
 
   It would take a few days to apply at the school, and even if Kai is taken, he wouldn't start class before next week, or two. Just thinking about going to this school made him smile like an idiot. If he could dance here, it would be the best.
   Kai always wanted to be a dancer. But with only his mother and Grandma, he couldn't take dance lessons, so he had to learn alone. He was well known in his district because of that. They called him a genius when it came to dance.
 
"Let's start all over again," Kai whispered while sitting on the bed.
 
 
 

~~~

 
 
 
"Welcome back Miss Hwang," Mr. Moon greeted while opening the door.
 
"Thank you, Mr. Moon." Soyeon answered. "I will go to my room. Don't mind making me something to eat, I'm not hungry. I'm going to sleep."
 
"Your orders Miss Hwang. Sleep well."
 
   Soyeon smiled at him, Mr. Moon was always gentle with her. He watched her grow up. Head of all the workers here at their house, without him, things would have been different.
 
   Soyeon opened her door. She was tired, but smiled when she remembered what happen at Mrs. Kim's house. Soyeon had met her son, and that single thought made her laugh. She sat on her bed and grabbed her alpaca plushie, which she had named Snow, as the plushie was white with a pink ribbon.
 
"Snow, I think this will be interesting," she whispered and hugged her plush.
 
 
        ________________________________________

 

         

 

         author's note 

 

        » Sorry for the late update but I'm here with the third chapter. (and the 4th will be updated in a few days) Now that my school year's is almost finished, I'll have more free time. And I'm happy right now, because of my teacher said that I can go to South Korea next year for a semester in Yeungnam University , I just need to apply for the exchange program~~! ^^
              Let me know what you think about this chapter. This chapter is short, but the next is longer.