↷〈✧ BEYOND THE SHORES 〉⋮ the cheatsheet

↷〈✧ BEYOND THE SHORES 〉⋮ apply open!
 
 
home
plotlines
BEYOND THE SHORES
BY HWANSANG AND THRANDUIL

 
cheatsheet
reviews
hwansang / i swear to god we are machines or something we literally did all the plotlines, application + cheatsheet in one afternoon. creativity level zero, shutdown sorry. we really trooped through this so we hope you enjoy applying because i am going to put my dgna playlist on repeat and sleep because 2am. whoops.

thranduil /
 we're on a roll oh man. like we did all of this plus the plotlines in one day, and i'm so proud of us. like this was a lot of work and hopefully there isn't anything wrong because istg i am really brain dead right now. like creative juices are at 5% right now. but guys, give dgna some love they're such a good kpop group!!!! ok im done talking sobs.
EXAMPLE APP ONE
EXAMPLE APP TWO
FEATURED APPLY FIC:
 
 

BACKSTORY ↷ The story takes place on an island near Jeju Island named Inoh Island, translating literally into ‘Mermaid Island’. The twelve girls involved didn’t all know each other before they were mermaids; some did, some didn’t. A large field trip was organised by the school for the students to visit the caves at the far end of Inoh Island (where the Mermaids were said to have lived in all the old stories told on the Island) and they were split into groups of six. The twelve girls, by complete chance were in two separate groups of six that incidentally got lost in the caves together. As night began to fall they had no choice but to find a way out together which they realised was by swimming underneath the caves in a small passages underwater. When swimming through, one of the girl’s spotted a small box at the bottom of the cave buried in the sand. After getting through the caves the girls opened the box, and inside were twelve stones, all coinciding with their individual birthstones. Instead of telling anyone about them, or the ordeal, they agreed to keep it a secret, and they all took a stone. After that day they all started experiencing strange things around water until they came in contact with it- and they grew a tail! Not long after that did they realise they also had a particular power over water. 

ONE ↷ The application is really simple and it'll be way too hard to mess it up so if you do that automatically means you didn't use the source code. So yes, use the source code. One of your authors took like five minutes to make the app, but seriously, make it neat! Unless you know html, try not to play around with the source code because it just really ruins everything if you do mess up. Don't add unnecessary things, honestly, a neat app stays a simple app. Please don't add so much gifs that it takes five years just to scroll down one section of the application. Don't add silly fonts and colors and make the app so fancy that it kills our brain cells. Yes? Thank you.

TWO ↷ Ulzzangs/Korean Models as face-claims only. Make sure that your chosen face-claim does match your age and but their face-claim doesn't have to match their personality. I mean, looks can be decieving right? With that, Park Minju and Lee Sungkyung are taken as face-claims.

THREE ↷ Reusing apps is alright with us if you think a previous character you've made fits well with the plotliine you're applying for and for the story itself (if seriously, we'd probably side-eye you if you use the same special snowflake happy-go-luck character that you've used for every other story ahem, it's repetitive). Make sure, that if you do reuse your old apps, you fix it up and make corrections so they correlate with this story. If we spot, for example, you talking about your trainee days in your app, we'd probably stare at your app for a very long time and then reject it because that obviously meant you copied + pasted, but the effort wasn't even in there to clean it up. 

FOUR ↷ We like quantity but quality is also a better choice. One of your authors likes reading about characters people create, but if things get to long, she'd probably give you a half-assed review because she fell asleep while trying to go through half of your personality that you've written. We're probably making the max paragraphs 3-4 because over that just kills the joy. Oh, and the password is a gif of either dgna (for hwansang), or a gif of topp dogg (for thranduil), or both because yes.

FIVE ↷ Ah, love interests. They are mandatory since it will help your plotline/character development. This is not an exo-centric fic, even if there are twelve plotlines. Birthstones = 12 months. Obviously. So we're going to limit the love interests to DGNA, Topp Dogg, Infinite, Block B, Vixx, BTS, Teen Top, Got7, and yes even EXO. But we prefer that you don't choose EXO as your love interest. I mean, that many groups to choose from, so yeah, EXO should not be your number one choice. If you do want to choose a member from EXO as a love interest your back-up must not be from EXO. We really do not want a tonne of EXO applicants, there are other groups to choose from, okay? Oh, but remember that Jay from DGNA and Xero from Topp Dogg are taken. Yay.


SIX ↷ Love interests age are taken care of so please don't fret over that. As for background, we didnt put a hometown or birthplace section in the app because its not likely your character would be from anywhere else other than Inoh Island, yes? But if they are from a different place (being born in, for example, Seoul, but moving to Inoh when you were younger), please state it in the background. 
fair?

SEVEN TIPS FOR YOUR PLOTLINES

JANUARY / GARNET ↷ Her love interest is older than her, and she's smart and has an interest in science hence the reason she's hanging out with this scholar at the marine centre. She basically has him as her role model so when she finds out it's all his fault it's like her whole world stops, you know?
FEBRUARY / AMETHYST 
↷ If you've watched H2O think Rikki + Zane. If you haven't; they have a volatile, explosive relationship, a lot of chemistry but she pushes him a way because she's quite fiery and used to being alone + the fact she doesn't want him to find out about her tail ofc.
MARCH / AQUAMARINE 
↷ She's pleased she's a mermaid, she's quite young and naive and wants to tell her love interest she's a mermaid and she struggles keeping the secret, she's a liability to the group's secrecy and they will go to extra lengths to split the couple up and keep them apart in case she spills.
APRIL / DIAMOND 
↷ He's a part of a well-off family (his dad is funding the research project) and she's romantised him to be the perfect man for her so she feels really betrayed and heart broken when she realises what he's supporting and how it will ruin everything. 
JULY / RUBY 
↷ The 'bad guy' of the island helps her to ruin lots of things that belong to the research team but he doesn't know why, he's just in it for a laugh because that's what he does. 
AUGUST / PERIDOT 
↷ The Little Mermaid 2.0, basically she's trying to keep her secret/true identity from the guy friend she saved but he's out to reveal the truth. Why he's so persistent, it's up to you.
SEPTEMBER / SAPPHIRE 
↷ She's the 'leader' of the group and they look to her for advice and guidance. Her love interest has a girlfriend; a girl who hates the twelve girls because she feels left out and she becomes obsessed with hating them and her boyfriend eventually goes to Sapphire + they have a somewhat secret relationship. Make sure you mention the evil girlfriend and who she is in your app.
OCTOBER / OPAL 
↷ She basically couldn't hurt a fly even if it was about to eat hr head off and is very noble but emotional. So when she intervenes with bullying he stalks her because he reads the signs wrong. She gets upset by it because he could very well ruin their secret so the group convinces her to talk to his older brother (please state who the stalker is in the app as well they don't have to be related irl but keep the surname the same) Note, the older brother is the love interest.
NOVEMBER / YELLOW TOPAZ 
↷ Basically she has been with her boyfriend for over a year and everyone thinks they're going to get married but he thinks she's cheating or hiding something because of the secret. He breaks up with her and she feels lost without him and her neighbour since pre-school is there to consoll her (BUT you don't have to end up with him, just let us know which boy she eventually stays with and mention both in the app)
DECEMBER / TURQUOISE 
↷ He is basically living in her house even though they've never met and he knows nobody else so it's like lost puppy syndrome really and he's done nothing to deserve the cold shoulder but she has to keep him away so he doesn't find out even though she hates herself for it.


THEME BY ALERIC. PHOTO CREDITS TO RIGHTFUL OWNERS