↷〈✧ BEYOND THE SHORES 〉⋮ the mermaids

↷〈✧ BEYOND THE SHORES 〉⋮ apply open!
 
 
 
 
home
PLOTLINES
PLOTLINES
LET FATE DETERMINE YOUR LIFE
 
CHEATSHEET
REVIEWS
A BIG TIP / EACH PLOTLINE IS EXTREMELY BRIEF SO ITS UP TO YOU TO CREATE A RAD STORY.
THE MONTH OF JANUARY
BIRTHSTONE: GARNET
DESCRIPTION: despite being the one with the obvious smarts she’s spent the best part of a year idolising the junior marine biologist in training at the marine centre. having spent countless hours with him in and out the lab, she can’t quite believe it when he tells her his good news; that he’s the reason the whole research project is going ahead because of his findings that could change his career forever.

RESERVEDORGANIZEDCLEVERLOYAL

THE MONTH OF FEBRUARY
BIRTHSTONE: AMETHYST
DESCRIPTION: being the most distant one in the group with a lot of negativity towards the secret she’d never wanted to be a part of, she struggles to connect with the other girls and with people in general. things change when a new family move to town and sparks seem to fly immediately between her and the new guy. that is until he suspects she’s holding something back and it’s enough to scare her into shutting him out completely.

AGGRESSIVEMOODYAMBITIOUSSHARP

THE MONTH OF MARCH
BIRTHSTONE: AQUAMARINE
DESCRIPTION: she’s the ‘baby’ of the group, even if not by age but by mentality she is. she’s vulnerable, naive and overly trusting. when she befriends the junior dolphin trainer who is in love with the sea and everything in it, she begins to think he’d only love her more if he knew what she really was. the other girls are desperate to keep shut even if it means keeping them apart.

AFFECTIONATEGENEROUSSHYHONEST

THE MONTH OF APRIL
BIRTHSTONE: DIAMOND
DESCRIPTION: with a strong disposition she’s used to getting what she wants and knows how to get it. and like a diamond, she was born to shine. having set her sights set on one guy and one guy only it comes as a big shock to learn he’s completely in favour of the investigation threatening her and the sea life. not only that, but it’s his father who is in charge of the research team and he’ll be donning his scuba equipment to join them in the exploration.  

FEARLESSSUAVEADVENTUROUSHASTY

THE MONTH OF MAY (taken)
BIRTHSTONE: EMERALD
DESCRIPTION: what do you do when for all of your life you've been surrounded by the same sort of things? for someone like her, you it up and carry on because the only ticket out is getting into a university in the city. but moving away means leaving her childhood friend. and leaving him means forgetting cherished memories. while she wants to break the walls around her, he believes nothing is sweeter than home. and while she’s trying to keep her secret from him, he thinks she’s trying to push him away in order to leave. 

STUBBORNOBSTINATEINDIFFERENTTESTY

THE MONTH OF JUNE (TAKEN)
BIRTHSTONE: PEARL
DESCRIPTION: a lot of emotional energy goes into keeping her secret safe and her apparent 'fear' of water doesn’t go unnoticed when she’s visiting her brother at his swim practice. when asked, pretending she can’t swim and is afraid to try seems like the easiest and most logical explanation until one of the lifeguards tries to make it his personal mission to convince her to learn.

POLITESOFT-SPOKENSENSITIVEFUSSY

THE MONTH OF JULY
BIRTHSTONE: RUBY
DESCRIPTION: the group’s resident hothead and the one that can’t seem to sit still and allow the research to go ahead. she takes it upon herself to break into the research labs and tamper with their equipment and to wreak havoc- at least she tries to until her plan is intervened by the boy with the bad reputation. despite not knowing her reasons against the research, he’s quick to join in with ruining their exploration. 

SECRETIVETACTFULWITTYPRIDEFUL

THE MONTH OF AUGUST
BIRTHSTONE: PERIDOT
DESCRIPTION: for as long as anyone can remember she has always been one of the boys. but when her best friend slips and falls into the sea and nobody else is around to save him from drowning, she has no other choice but to jump in after him. by the time he’s come around on the shore, she’s nowhere to be seen whilst he’s delusional and insistent his life was saved by a mermaid. 

BRAVEINDEPENDENTOBSERVANTEGOTISTIC

THE MONTH OF SEPTEMBER
BIRTHSTONE: SAPPHIRE
DESCRIPTION: strong, cool and confident; it’s no wonder the rest of the group look to her as a leader figure and the rest of the school when it comes to these girls. especially that girl with the perfect life and perfect boyfriend who cannot stand that she’s not included in the group. her obsession with the girls only drives her boyfriend away and he seeks comfort in the group’s leader and maybe they get a little close for anyone’s liking.

CONFIDENTUNDERSTANDINGCALMCOOL

THE MONTH OF OCTOBER
BIRTHSTONE: OPAL
DESCRIPTION: always putting others before herself regardless of the situation comes back to bite her when she steps in to stop someone being bullied outside school. enamored by her bravery and kindness, she becomes the object of his romantic intentions and she begins to see his stalker-like tendencies; which only makes her fear for the safety of her secret. the other girls convince her to turn to his brother for help- without letting the secret slip.

NICEDAY-DREAMERPATIENTEMOTIONAL


THE MONTH OF NOVEMBER
BIRTHSTONE: YELLOW TOPAZ
DESCRIPTION: despite them having been that couple who had been together seemingly forever, her secret is now taking a toll on their relationship and his suspicions rise as she becomes more and more secretive. when he finally snaps and breaks it off, she turns to her neighbour, who she’s known since she was in elementry school, for emotional support.

INQUISITIVEDILIGENTAMIABLESINGLE-MINDED

THE MONTH OF DECEMBER
BIRTHSTONE: TURQOUISE
DESCRIPTION: when her parent’s friends decide to go travelling, their son has no choice but to come and stay with her in order for him to stay in school. the trouble is, he doesn’t know anybody else and begins to stick to her like glue. worried for her secret, she gives him the cold shoulder in desperate attempt to shake him off, even if she wishes she could do the opposite.

PATRIOTICLOGICALCRANKYRECKLESS
 designers note: Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat. Ut wisi enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper suscipit lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.