Chapter Six

I Know It's Cliché...

Just some gifs of the four people Jongdae's closest to at school.

Hope your feels can handle that

 


Every Monday morning SM held a meeting to determine weekly things like who would watch the doors in the North side of the school and who'd keep the lunch queue in order during the hetic times. Every new member of SM had to attend these meetings for three weeks before they were able to choose whether or not they attended or got their positions from a friend later on. Needless to say, when Jongdae didn't turn up for the meeting - or school in general for that matter - rumours were made. JYP and YG wannabes (also called Rookies by those already part of the groups) sparked a rumour that Jongdae didn't like the group he was in, wanting to be in SHINee or something, and had left to go back to Busan. Another one was that he had lost his voice over the weekend and was too scared to face everyone. The leaders of SM were quick to dismiss these rumours, stating that Jongdae probably was really ill. It came to a mutual agreement that three people; Taeyeon, Kris and Victoria, would visit Jongdae's home that evening to make sure everything was okay. 

"I should be going!" Baekhyun complained, slumping into the chair of the SM common room, "I'm his best friend!"

Kyungsoo sighed and rolled his eyes at Baekhyun's statement, "You're also the one who made him upset. Plus, I'm his best friend too you know."

"Yeah but..." Baekhyun pouted before breaking into a smile, "I got it~!"

Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow but didn't even bother to look at the older, his eyes more focused on the soup he was cooking, "Oh please enlighten me."

"I'll sneak to his house after everyone else has left~!"

Kyungsoo let out another audible sigh - obviously Baekhyun forgot that he hadn't exactly proved to Kris and Victoria that he was a good friend, thus meaning he was forbidden to make contact with Jongdae, "Yeah, whatever Baek."

~

Taeyeon, Kris and Victoria hadn't really known what to expect when they were visiting Jongdae - all had tried to made themselves as mentally possible as the reason could vary from not so significant, to severe. They walked briskly due to the cold weather and the urgency that loomed over the situation. As they walked the took in how well off Jongdae and his mother were: living in one of the posher, more expensive neighbourhoods in Seoul. Towering mansion-like houses with rose infused paths up to the doors were found here and there, tall flats that still looked 5 star were dotted around and soon they came to a semicircled part of the neighbourhood. In the middle of the circle was a house, cream in colour with dark roofs. There were flower trays under each window filled with an array of colours. Each window seemed to have it's own motif that matched with the colour of the walls of the room inside the window. The grass seemed to be an unnatural shade of green - probably a result of Jongdae's mother's love for gardening. With a front lawn as big as it was, the trio couldn't help but wonder what the back was like. They skipped, although Kris didn't do it - he was too cool for that, up the path that was laced with wild flowers up to the dark, oak door. They knocked in unison on the door and waited for the reply. Muffled shouts could be heard and soon enough the door opened and a woman with puffy red eyes stood, shaking in sadness. 

Taeyeon bowed, "Mrs Kim? I assume."

Mrs Kim nodded quickly and stepped back slightly, "W-Who are you and w-what do you want?"

Kris smiled sweetly at the shivering woman, "Mrs Kim, we're leaders of SM."

Mrs Kim's fearful and sad expression softened and she attempted to smile, "I'm sure you came to know about Jongdae, right?"

Victoria nodded, "If it's possible...yes."

"Come in, come in."

The three shuffled through the door, now knowing the worse was probably going to happen.

"What happened?!?" Victoria shrieked through small tears that began to form on her face, resulting in Kris comforting her.

Taeyeon remained collected and ran a hand through her hair, "Say that again Mrs Kim."

Mrs Kim sighed, "Him and myself had some pretty bad news on Saturday and by Sunday he had enough of it all - can't say I blame him...I wanted to do what he did. Disregard everything and go and think for a while. Anyway, he walked for a bit and found a wooded section up round the hill. Long story short, he daydreamed slightly I think - he does that a lot - and sadly, got hit by a car."

"How hard was the impact?" Kris said, Victoria's hair, fighting back tears of his own, a few spilling but he refused to wipe them away.

"Fairly hard from what I could gather. Of course, when the hopsital rings you up and says your son's been hit by a car, you don't listen to details. Your mind tends to go into overdrive."

"W-What's his con-con-condition?" Victoria squeaked, attempting to compose herself.

"Coma. No signs of waking up any time soon."

"Ah, I'm terribly sorry Mrs Kim," Taeyeon said, remaining supportive yet firm throughout the entire thing, "Would it be possible if we could visit him? We don't expect him to reply, obviously, but it'd put our minds at ease if we were to see him be safe and in good hands."

Mrs Kim thought about it for a moment before nodded slightly, "He's in the hopsital up near the school."

~

Jongdae's body was coiled in cords and wires of all sorts, attatched to various machines that showed his heartbeat and breathing levels. Taeyeon had called Hyoyeon up to wait outside for them when the latter said she couldn't see him in the stage he was in. Jongdae's chest rose and dipped in a slow paced pattern, painfully slow for those who watched him, yet still slightly too fast for his body. Taeyeon, Kris and Victoria spent most of their visiting time just watching the slow rythem of his heartbeat. 

The Doctor in charge of their friend explained to the Trio that he wouldn't be waking up any time soon, so there was no point hopes getting up, "It'd be a miracle if he woke up in the next week or so."

"But is it possible?" Kris asked, eyeing the breathing body of one of his now beloved members.

"Unlikely? Yes. Impossible? No. Hoping might help, if you're spiritual, but other than that, Mother Nature will decide when he awakes. Visiting time is closing, so I suggest you leave; other Doctors get really...iffy if people stay for too long."

The Trio nodded and bowed and began their journey home, where they'd have to discuss how they'd deliever the news to the other members of SM the following day. Outside, in the cold air and darkened skies, each of them broke down, tears running down their faces freely and Hyoyeon trying to keep them happy, joking around until they all cracked at least one smile.

Although they didn't know the boy well (or in Taeyeon's case at least), they knew it'd be a hard time for not only them, but the whole of SM.

~

Baekhyun smiled to himself as he walked up to Jongdae's door dressed in an oversized hoodie and sweat pants - obviously not his most dazzling outfit, but he knew Jongdae liked it when he was dressed simple. He knocked nervously on the door, quite a contrast from his happy-go-lucky look. He heard some shuffling behind the door and bounced slightly on the balls of his feet.

"Hell- Oh, hello Baekhyun," Mrs Kim said, obviously still sour over the whole thing Baekhyun did.

Baekhyun began to worry and spoke really quickly, "I'm so so sorry for last week, I was stupid and regret it so much and and and I'm really sorry..."

Mrs Kim seemed to be angry for a while, before breaking into a smile and hugging Baekhyun, much to his surprise, "That's all I wanted to hear...What brings you to our humble home?"

Baekhyun found himself smiling widely now, "I wanted to go see Chenny..."

Mrs Kim's eyes lit up slightly, "Perfect! We'll go now, if you want...I was meaning to go."

Baekhyun nodded quickly, "Please~!"

~

Baekhyun watched with open, sad eyes as Jongdae breathed in and out slowly. He began to regret everything, wondering that if he had remained friends with him and didn't yell at him, would Jongdae be fine? He felt a tear or few go down his face and he wiped them away before turning to Mrs Kim, "C-Can I go in?"

She nodded slowly, "Be my guest."

Baekhyun crept into Jongdae's room slowly, his eyes never leaving the face of his friend. He sat down in the chair beside his friend and decided to take Jongdae's hand in his own and the palm of his hand with a thumb. Baekhyun smiled softly, "I'm sorry Jongdae. I never meant to hurt you - I was wrong. I hope you could find it in you to forgive me...and love me like I love you. You probably won't because hey, who loves me? I'm just that one with the voice everyone loves."

Hesitantly, Baekhyun got up and leaned fowards and pecked Jongdae on his cold, motionless lips. A small blush crept along Baekhyun's face before he excused himself. As he exited the room he turned and smiled at Mrs Kim, "Thank you so much Mrs Kim~!"

Mrs Kim nodded and watched as Baekhyun left the hospital. She turned and looked through the window and saw Jongdae smile, a small blush of his own creeping across his face. It was then she realised how much Jongdae and Baekhyun cared and loved each other.

Jongdae had smiled. He was aware of what was going on. Baekhyun had done that.


WOW BAEKCHEN FEELS AM I RIGHT??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Anyway, hope you enjoy this chapter~!

BAEKCHEN STARTS NOW YO (about time)

Till the next update :3333

15th March: I edited some spelling stuff and yep. I still can't help but think I rushed this chapter. Also, http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/689265 a story with more BaekYeol (since I kind of destroyed it here). Go check it out if you want~!