Chapter Twenty One

I Know It's Cliché...

Per poll results, here's the BaekChen day out~!


Baekhyun had the day planned out to the finer details. He wasn't going to miss any opportunity to impress Jongdae and have the younger seriously doubt himself saying he loved Kris. Now free of Chanyeol, forever hopefully, Baekhyun set all of his sights on doing well in school to impress his family, get Jongdae back and more importantly, get Sojung's apology. After being nursed back to health by Jongdae and his mother, much to both of the male's protests as awkwardness was surely lingering in the air, Baekhyun made his way down to Sojung's apartment, east of the school. Baekhyun always marvelled at the scenes on either side of him as he walked down the road that was lightly dusted with old leaves and papers. Although the rubbish on the road could be seen as distasteful to some, Baekhyun thought it added character to the road that was seemingly out beautified by the scene of varies shops and cafe's on one side, and a park that always had someone playing in it on the other. The road, without it's leaf and paper coat, was a grey strip in the middle of perfect picture, ruining it. 

Sojung's house happened to be situated on top of one of these shops on the left of the road. The shop beneath it was the bakery her mother ran. The building itself was a pale pearl colour, unlike the two coffee shops beside it on either side that adopted a dark red colour, making it stand out. Part of Baekhyun always wished that he moved in with Sojung - she seemed to have a perfect life set out for her. An aspiring singer she had the support of her mother, one of Seoul's famous bakers and her father, a person high up in the running of Lotte World, meaning the family of three often spent days out there. 

Baekhyun glanced at the bakery door and saw the open sign was clearly displayed and took it as an indication to step in. The bell in the upper corner of the door rang out and soon his aunt came into view, some croissants on a tray in her hands. Apparently she hadn't seen him so the male walked to the counter and waited for her to turn around after she busied herself with the cooling pastries. Baekhyun coughed a few times and mashed the bell, "Helloooooooooo?"

Baekhyun's Aunt turned and a smile instantly lit up her face as she saw her nephew standing on the other side of the counter, "Baek! It's so good to see you! How long has it been? A few months?"

Baekhyun rubbed the back of his neck and looked down slightly in embarrassment, "Sorry, I, er, got caught up in things."

His aunt shook her head, "You have your own life and we realise that, it's just nice to see you every know and again. Say, what brings you here?"

Baekhyun bit his lip and kept his eyes away from his aunt's, "I need to speak to Sojung."

The woman nodded, "She's in her room."

Baekhyun smiled sweetly and made his away towards the door that led to the flat above, "Thanks~"

Although he hadn't been to Sojung's in a long time, he quickly navigated his way to his cousin's room, SOJUNG written in pink letters with small glitter surrounding the edges. Baekhyun knocked on the door three times and a muffled 'Coming!' could be heard from the depths of the room.

In a few seconds the door swung open and Sojung's grinning face appeared. Baekhyun himself smiled, "Sojung-ah~!"

Sojung's grin deteriorated into a small frown, "What're you doing here?"

Baekhyun raised an eyebrow questioningly and a small smirk made its way onto his face, "Can't I see my cousin?"

"Not after you shrug her off for a guy who's using you."

Baekhyun blinked a few times and sighed. Apologising wasn't his strongest point. "I'msorryyouwereright."

A much larger smirk appeared on Sojung's face and she put her hands on his hips, "What was that?"

Baekhyun whimpered and pouted, "Please don't make me say it again..."

"I'm waiting."

Baekhyun sighed and rolled his eyes, "I'm sorry you were right. Chanyeol was using me and yeah."

Sojung's eyes widened slightly before grinning and clapping her hands, "Told you so~! Now, what do you need?"

"Why do you need to ask that?"

"Come on Baek."

Baekhyun sighed and flushed, "Well..."

~

Jongdae dragged Baekhyun through the doors of Lotte World, grinning like a small child on Christmas, "Come on Baekkie! We're gonna be at the back of the lines."

Baekhyun laughed as he was pulled along and found himself smiling internally, seeing how much fun Jongdae was having, "Okay! Okay! We'll be there in a second, calm down!"

Jongdae turned and pouted at Baekhyun, "Calm down?! I've never been to Lotte World and you expect me to calm down?!"

Baekhyun shook his head lightly, "I dont' expect you to, not really."

With that, Jongdae grabbed Baekhyun's hand tighter and dragged him to every ride possible.

~

Baekhyun had offered to drive to and from the amusment park and as he drove them back to Jongdae's house he glanced at the younger, "Did you have fun?"

Jongdae, a face adorned with a wide grin and hands full with random novelties he had obtained from buying from the shops, winning from random prize games and even some he had found on the floor, nodded, "Sure did~! You know, I really thought you'd be boring and take me out to dinner or something, it's something Kris'd do."

As he spoke the last words, the younger's eyes darkened slightly and he looked at Baekhyun, eyebrows raised slightly in the growing negativity, "You know, he's not as fun as you were. I mean, yeah he's affectionate but it just feels weird when it's not you, you know what I mean?"

Baekhyun glanced shortly at Jongdae before his eyes returned to the road. He gripped the wheel tight as if he was about to lose control of the car. A silence lingered between the two of them before Baekhyun coughed and nodded, his voice slightly shaky, "Yeah, I know what you mean."

"You really went through all this trouble...for me?"

A tone of questioning seemed present in Jongdae's word and Baekhyun nodded, eyes still fixated onto the road whilst Jongdae's were firmly on Baekhyun and Baekhyun only, "Yeah, I did."

Jongdae blinked a few times before leaning over and kissing Baekhyun lightly on the cheek, causing both males to blush a faint pink hue, "Thanks. I don't think anyone's gone through that much effort for me, except my Mom."

Baekhyun smiled, "I'd do it again."


I got way too many BaekChen feels ok

so if the KrisChen chapter is bad IM SORRY

I would've updated sooner but you know, I had to get into the feels zone :P

Next up is KrisChen's date~!

Comments are always loved (please, even if you haven't commented before or you're a new reader, it makes my day<3)

And welcome to any new subscribers :)