Chapter 36

Broken Promises

Few weeks has pass, Jiyoon missed Hyuna a lot. It was painful for her even though they skype every single night. She misses her warm. Everyday when she wake up, staring at the empty space on the bed, she want to cry. She hasn’t been left alone for so long, Hyuna has always being there with her during her up and down. She sighs, she wants to go visit her but she can’t cuz she has to take care of the project over here.

It was Saturday, she sat on the sofa looking at the TV, but she wasn’t paying attention to it. She was thinking of the meeting that she has with Gayoon.

Flashback

Jiyoon was in the office, working on the project. She sigh in defeat, she’s having trouble with the project, she close her eyes and lay on her back, tryin to calm down then she hear a knock at her door.

“Come in” she says

“Jiyoon?”

Jiyoon quickly open her eyes as she recognizes Gayoon voice:”Yes Mrs. Gayoon?”

Gayoon close the door:”Jiyoon, don’t call me Mrs, come on we are best friend.”

Jiyoon look at her and scoff:”Best friend wouldn’t jump on her best friend right?”

Gayoon look down:”Look, I’m sorry… can we forget about it, I’m serious this time.”

Jiyoon:”I don’t want to talk about it or think about it, Mrs Gayoon, please I need to focus on the project. Could you kindly leave please?” then she looks down on her documents

Gayoon looked at her, then sigh and leave the office.

End of flashback

*ding dong*

She stands up and go to the door, who would come to her house. She opened the door:”Gayoon? I mean..Mrs.Gayoon?”

Gayoon smile at her:”Hi Jiyoon, mind if I come in?”

Jiyoon:”Euh…okay..” then she let her in the house.

Gayoon look around:”Wow, your house is clean as usual..”

Jiyoon just stare at her.

Gayoon walk in, put down all her bags and open the fridge and put stuff in.

Jiyoon:”What are you doing?”

Gayoon:”I know you will be too lazy to go out to buy grocery and will only eat instant noodle so I decide to make a stop at the super market before coming here”

Jiyoon:”What are you doing here Mrs Gayoon”

Gayoon smile at her:”I came here to talk to you Jiyoon”

Jiyoon sigh:”What if I don’t want to?”

Gayoon smile:”Well, since you let me in the house, I’ll take it as you are willing to talk to me, so please just clal me Gayoon..”

Jiyoon sigh:”Fine, what do you want to talk about?”

Gayoon:”Jiyoon, I’m really sorry for last time, I..just couldn’t control myself…I missed you too much…”

Jiyoon:”Whatever..”

Gayoon approach her and hold her hand:”Jiyoon ar, I really miss you in my life, can we please go back as before?”

Jiyoon look at her:”Before as in?”

Gayoon stare at her:”Let’s start with being friend again okay? Until you feel comfortable with me then we will talk about the future”

Jiyoon:”What..future? Must I remind you that you are engaged Gayoon?”

Gayoon sigh:”Jiyoon, I have been trying to tell you for 10000x millions of time but you don’t listen to me! I am not”

Jiyoon:”I don’t want to hear anything Gayoon. Please.”

Gayoon sigh in defeat:”Fine…” then got up to the kitchen

Jiyoon:”What are you doing?”

Gayoon:”You must have not eaten yet, so I’ll cook for you”

Jiyoon laugh:”You cook for me? Since when did you start cooking?”

Gayoon send her dagger glare:”I know how to cook im just too lazy to cook!” which made Jiyoon giggle.

They spend their time together, watching tv just being themselves. And honestly, both of the girls missed this moment.

After Gayoon left, Jiyoon went to shower then she hear her phone ring; Hyuna.

She went to pick up

“Hello?”

“Hi baby”

Jiyoon was wondering if she should tell hyuna about Gayoon coming over.

“How are you Hyuna?”

“So tired, listen! The project here are so messy! People are so incompetence make me lose my patience so fast!”

Jiyoon giggle:”But baby, you don’t have patience”

“Jeon Jiyoon, you want to die?!” which made Jiyoon laugh.

She just listen to Hyuna venting about her day there and enjoying each other company. She didn’t want to ruin the mood so she just let her talk and talk until they both drift off to sleep.

 

The next few days, Gayoon has been spending more and more of her time with Jiyoon. Both of them really feel comfortable with each other as always.  They even start hanging out, going out to watch movie, going to shop together. Everything seems to goes back into time. From time to time, Gayoon would hold Jiyoon hand when they are watching a movie or when they go shopping. At first, Jiyoon would have a big reaction but slowly, she got use to it again. She missed the feeling of having Gayoon hand within hers.

Every night, she will face time with Hyuna. She always hears her complainging but from time to time she notices some change in Hyuna way to express herself. As if, Hyuna is hiding something from her. When she tries to ask Hyuna if something happened, the girl always manage to change subject. Therefore, Jiyoon decide to let it go and wait for Hyuna to talk about it when she’s ready.

On a Friday night, as Jiyoon was waiting for Gayoon to show up at her house as usual, but she kept waiting and waiting and there were no sign of Gayoon. She felt anxious. Suddenly, the phone rang. She picked it up:”Hello?”

“Hello, we are calling from the hospital, are you miss Gayoon ..” before the nurse could finish her sentence.

Jiyoon:”WHAT?! WHAT HAPPENED?!”

“She got into an accident and she’s currently in the hospital, could you come sign some papers?”

Jiyoon:”Yes, right away”

Jiyoon drove crazily to the hospital, all she had in her head was to see Gayoon, to see if she’s fine. She knew she should have gone pick her up from work, she knew something was wrong, why didn’t she go see her or reach her. As she reach there, she quickly ran to the front desk:”Hi, it’s for Heo Gayoon”

Then they brought Jiyoon to the room. Gayoon was still laying in bed with no sign of awakeness.

The doctor came in:”Hi, you are..?”

Jiyoon:”I’m her friend..what happened?”

Doctor:”She was walking out the street and there was a car to drive very fast and couldn’t break so they hit her. She fell down and hit her head. We have already operate on her, she should be awake anytime soon”

Jiyoon sigh in relieve

Doctor:”But… since she hit her head, she hit a nerve within her brain..so she might..”

Jiyoon:”Lose memory?? Again?!”

Doctor:”huh? Nono not memory, her memory should be fine. Just her ..”

Jiyoon:”Oh..ok..”

Before the doctor can finish, Gayoon murmured:”Hm..”

Jiyoon quickly went to hold her hand:”Gayoon, you are awake!”

Gayoon opened her eyes and stare at Jiyoon.

Jiyoon smile at her:”You scare me so much… how are you feeling?”

Gayoon:”My head hurt…”she look around “Where am I?”

Jiyoon:”You are at the hospital… you bump your head..”

Gayoon:”Oh..I see…but Jiyoon…why didn’t you open the light?”

Jiyoon:”What?”

Gayoon:”It’s all dark in the room..go open the light..”

Jiyoon was stun and the look at the doctor in which he nod

Jiyoon tears fell off and hug Gayoon.

Gayoon:”Jiyoon? Why are you crying silly! I’m ok”

Jiyoon:”Sh…everything will be ok Gayoon…everything will be fine”

Then Gayoon stop:”….Did I lose my eyesight…?”

-silent-

Gayoon:”Jiyoon! Answer me!!!”

Doctor:”Hello, Mrs Heo, I am your doctor”

Gayoon:”Doctor!! What happen to me?! Why can’t I see anything?!”

Doctor:”Mrs, Heo, I’m afraid to say when you bump your head, you hit a nerve within your brain and cause your lost of eyesight”

Gayoon:”…Permanently?”

Doctor:”I ..can’t guarantee if it’s temporary or permantely…only time will tell..” then he left the room

Gayoon was crying into Jiyoon arm.

Jiyoon:”Why were you walking out of the street like that?!”

Gayoon:”I pass by our favorite bakery and they had your favorite patisserie fresh so I quickly bought it and want to rush to see you to give it to you..” then she cries “I didn’t know that…my eyes will be lost like that”

It made Jiyoon felt guilty , it’s because of her that Gayoon lost her eyesight..”Shh..it’s okay..im here..”

Gayoon:”How..am I going to ..live alone?”

Jiyoon:”Gayoon..shh don’t worry, I’m here. I won’t let you be alone”

Gayoon hugged her tighter:”You will take care of me?”

Jiyoon:”yes..I will”

Gayoon:”Promise?”

Jiyoon:”Yes I promise, I never break my promise remember?”

Gayoon nod and slowly fall asleep in Jiyoon arm.

That night, she didn’t return Hyuna call.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess most of 4 mintue fan has been gone :( I'm so sorry for updating so late. 

I will continue to finish this story so that I can have this case close. If there's any reader thats still here. Please give me a sign :)