Chapter 11

Broken Promises

After being able to finally enjoy some time at the amusement park, Hyuna felt so happy, she was so glad that she can spend a fun day with Jiyoon. She wishes that this moment could last a long while, seeing Jiyoon giggling, laughing and screaming like a dork make her chuckle all the time.

Finally, it was lunch time, they went to sit down, Hyuna went to grab food for the both of them. She came back with all Jiyoon favorite food which made her surprised.

Jiyoon:”Wow…”

Hyuna:”Hm?”

Jiyoon:”All these are my favorite…how did you know?”

Hyuna giggled:”Come on, you are my princess, of course I have to know what you like right?” she winked at Jiyoon.

Jiyoon smiled at her:”The person you love…is really lucky…you really should confess so that person can feel bliss…I’m jealous of that person hehe, you will treat your lover so well..”

Hyuna was touch by her word

Hyuna just gave her a smile:”Maybe…I don’t know…I’ll move on when I’m sure that my crush gets the happiness that this person deserve…”

Jiyoon smiled at her

Then after lunch, they decided to go on the fairy wheel to relax a bit, the landscape look so beautiful, Hyuna was so happy to share this moment with Jiyoon. They were just chit chatting and everything, they were having fun then suddenly Hyuna saw Jiyoon getting teary staring at a direction. Hyuna quickly turn around to see that in the opposite of their fairy wheel was Doojoon and Gayoon having a passionate kiss. Hyuna quickly sat on Jiyoon side to comfort her, Jiyoon didn’t know what to do. Hyuna took her phone and message Gayoon : [Which slide are you on now? Having fun?] then they stare at Gayoon, they notice that Gayoon notice a vibration and open her cell then just put it back down without replying it, which broke Jiyoon in half once again. Jiyoon try her best not to cry out, Hyuna quickly hug her, trying to console her.

As they get down,  she finally got a reply from Gayoon : [Hey, we just did the fairy wheel! What are you doing?] Jiyoon didn’t bother to reply, she was just frozen on the spot, trying her best not to cry. Then they decided to go home.

Hyuna went to her apartment and ask if Jiyoon will be ok but Jiyoon just nod. Hyuna sigh, she decided to go in and close the door. Jiyoon didn’t say anything she just went and sat down on the sofa and started to sob. Hyuna was hurt from the sight she went to sit beside Jiyoon and hug her:” It’s ok…cry them out…I’m here for you…” Jiyoon hugged her tight and started to keep crying:”What have I done wrong…Why does she do that to me…I…I…” she just kept weeping until she fell asleep.

After a few hours, Gayoon got home to see that Jiyoon was fall asleep on Hyuna. Her anger was boiling, she slam the door so hard that woke both of the girls up.

Gayoon:”Oh I didn’t know you invited Hyuna here while I’m out, Jiyoon”

Jiyoon just stare at her.

Hyuna:”Oh I didn’t know you are coming home so early from your amazing date”

Gayoon:”Oh yeah, I’m sure it’s not as amazing as you two cuddling on the sofa” as she glared at Jiyoon.

Hyuna wanted to scream at her but Jiyoon held her back

Jiyoon:”It’s late, Hyuna..you should go home…”

Hyuna stare at Jiyoon:”What?”

Gayoon:”MY baby is telling you to leave us alone, you are disturbing us!”

Hyuna was getting so angry then Jiyoon just give her a hug and whisper in her ear:”Let me handle it…please..just leave..”

Hyuna sigh and walked out the door, but before leaving she gave a deadly glare at Gayoon in which in return, Gayoon did the same thing to her.

Gayoon:”Could you explain what happened here?”

Jiyoon sigh:”Nothing, she called and ask to hang out so I decided to invite her over”

Gayoon:”To cuddle?”

Jiyoon:”I fell asleep while watching TV”

Gayoon:”Hmph, I told you to not interact with her!”

Jiyoon fake a smile at her:”I’m sorry”

Gayoon hug her:”No more next time alright?!”

Jiyoon looked at her:”Mhm, how was your date?”

Gayoon look at her:”Bleurk, the ride was fun but the company was bleh, if only it was you then the date would have been purfectt!” she grin

Jiyoon heart hurt from hearing this lies, she could see how happy Gayoon was during the day:”Ah, did you cheat on me? Did you guys kiss and stuff?” she tries to use a teasing voice

Gayoon laughed:”Come on! I’m all yours remember!” again, it shatters her heart

Jiyoon fake another smile:”Ah..good girl..When are you going to do it?”

Gayoon looked at her:”Huh?”

Jiyoon:”Break up with him…”

Gayoon:” Oh..that…Yeah very soon..”

Jiyoon just nod:”I’m tired…I’m a go to sleep first..good night” then she went into the room and cried herself to sleep.

 

The next morning, as she arrived to work, Hyuna quickly went to her.

Hyuna:”So..what happened?”

Jiyoon looked at her:”Nothing..”

Hyuna:”What?! You didn’t yell at her?!”

Jiyoon just stare at her:”Hyuna…we are at work, can we talk about this later?”

Hyuna sigh:”Okay, we are having coffee after work”

During the whole day, Hyuna can see that Jiyoon wasn’t focusing at work, she just kept sighing. Hyuna really wish she can go to Gayoon and give her a damn slap in the face. As the day was over, they went to the coffee shop.

Hyuna:”So I’m still waiting for your answer..”

Jiyoon looked at her:”She said she will break up in  one month…and she technically just promise me of not having …they didn’t go that far right…so…I have no right to say anything..”

Hyuna:”Jiyoon …. This is not right! You are her girlfriend of course you have the right to say something!!”

Jiyoon was getting teary:”What am I suppose to say? Tell her that I stalked her cuz I don’t believe her and that I saw her kissing?!” that left Hyuna speechless

Hyuna:”URK, JIYOON! WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO WAKE UP!!”

Jiyoon:”What?”

Hyuna:”Can’t you see…she won’t break up?! She will just keep hurting you, she will keep extending the time to break up! She’s just keeping you!!! She doesn’t have the courage to do anything for you! Why can’t you just give up on her!!!” as she said it out loud, the customers in the coffee shop was just staring at her.

Jiyoon tears was flowing down:”What…can I do Hyuna…? I’m the one who step into their relationship, honestly speaking, I’m the one who’s ruining them!! I have no right to say anything!!!” then she ran off the coffee shop, leaving Hyuna speechless, once again.

She quickly ran after Jiyoon until she reach the park. She sees that Jiyoon was crying on the ground. Hyuna quickly went to her:”I’m sorry Jiyoon…I didn’t mean to hurt you…”

Jiyoon sob:”it’s..o..k…not your..fault..”

Hyuna hug her:”Jiyoon….Can you give me a chance?”

Jiyoon was stun, staring at her:”Huh..?”

Hyuna gulped:”I know this is not the best time to say this but..the person I…love is you…”

Jiyoon was just staring at her, shock at her sudden confession.

Hyuna:”I ...hate to see that you are hurt…when I see you cry” *point at her own heart* “here..it hurt…it hurt as much as you or maybe even more…I hate to see you like this…I hate that she hurt you…I can give you more happiness…I can promise you I would never hurt you…I will treat you like a princess…I don’t know since when I’ve fallen for you. Whenever I get to work and see you, my heart will beat very fast, I always look forward to spend time with you…When I see you break down; I just wish I can be the person you rely on…I want to see you happy...”

Jiyoon:”I…I…”

Hyuna:”It’ s ok…I know…I know the person you love is Gayoon…not me, but…if she doesn’t break up with Doojoon, can you please give me a chance to prove my love for you? ”

Jiyoon:”….”

Hyuna:”You..don’t need to give me any answer, you can..forget about the thing I said, I just want to tell you, I’ll always be here for you..no matter what...you are my princess that I love..So please don’t step away from me because of this, I hope this won’t affect our friendship…”

Jiyoon look at her and nod

At the end, Hyuna sent her home, as Jiyoon was getting ready to leave the car, Hyuna pull her down and gave her a kiss on the cheek:”Cheer up princess!” which made Jiyoon smiled. As Jiyoon turn around, ready to walk into the house, she suddenly feel a pulled from Hyuna. She pulled Jiyoon by her waist, slowly her cheek, slowly trace her lips and slowly approaching Jiyoon .

Hyuna whispered:” Can you close your eyes?”

Jiyoon:”…”

Hyuna, with her aegyo:”Pleaseeeee?”

Then Jiyoon closed her eyes, that few second felt like hours, suddenly she felt a kiss on her head, then she open her eyes.

Hyuna smiled at her:”I won’t rush things in, I will respect you and I will wait for you, remember princess, I’ll always be by your side…Now go back in, if anything just give me a call, and I promise I’ll reach you as fast as a lightning strike” she winked at Jiyoon then went back into the car.