Familiar Souls

Images Of Life

~ Narrator's POV ~

Jae and Baekhyun got back to their class just slightly before the bell rings. Their friends were already sitting in class waiting for her. Surely, Kyuhyun got back to his classroom, 2A, which is just a level above their's.

" YES! I knew that you were in my class just staring at your pencil case!" Kyung Soo beamed as Jae sat down on her seat.

" Oh I didn't know that you were in my class Kyungie!" Jae smiled.

" Yah that was a nickname you gave me when we were still in Primary School Grade 3! And I am still wondering why you gave me that name, Jaegie" Kyung Soo said.

" Is that a question? If it is, because it's smooth. " 

" Really?! And you are trying to make me wonder all my life about it." Kyung Soo mumbled.

" Woah... I didn't know that you were that curious. Sorry~" Jae showed that apologetic grin.

As the new Homeroom teacher approaches their class, Baekhyun and Jae started wondering what their favorite teacher meant just minutes ago... Who's that surprising person? Baekhyun uncapped his bottle and took a few mouthful of water. 

" Good morning students! I am Mr Yang, Yang Byung Ji. I am the Homeroom teacher of Shinhwa Highschool Class 1A, your Homeroom teacher. This is my first time officially teaching and being the Homeroom teacher after my internship. I am also a student of Shinhwa Academy, whom graduated from university 2 years ago and attended courses to be a teacher and return to this school. Cause being in Shinhwa Academy during my studies was the best period of my life! " 

" Pfftt!! Cough cough!! Why are you here?!" Baekhyun choked and spat out his mouthful of water. He stood up trying to lessen the impact.

" Yah Baek! " Sure enough, the water splat onto Jae who was sitting in front of him in the first row.

" Sorry Noona! I just got a shock of my life!" 

" Yeah I know! I also can't believe that we are having him as our Homeroom teacher." 

" Yah the both of you! Do I look that unreliable?!" 

" Yeah." This time it's not only Jae and Baekhyun. Henry Ji Young and Mel Ling joined in as well .  

" AND WHEN DID THAT HAPPENED?!" He sounded as if he was totally clueless.

" Should we list out everything?" Baekhyun smirked, folding his arms.

" Well , if we were to list out everything, it will start from 7 years ago when he came for a sleepover. He broke 2 plates and 1 cup while insisting on volunteering on the dish washing job. " Jae stated, folding her arms.

" Yah, and then he almost burned down the whole house when he was boiling some soup and in the end the pot got burned cause he was too tired and fallen asleep subconsciously in the middle of the night. Of course that was Ji Hoo Ajusshi's fault too, but--" Baekhyun didn't get the chance to finish what he was saying.

" YAH I SAID THAT I WAS SORTY DIDN'T I?! " Byung Ji shouted.

" So scary!~" Jae imitated a kid about to cry out from fear. 

" Yah Noona! *sniff* This Ajusshi is Scary!!" Baekhyun faked crying.

" Baek let's not make it too hard for his first day!" Jae claimed.

" Okay then! Sorry!" Baekhyun grinned.

" We shall give you a chance though, Yang 'Songsaenim'~" They  emphasized together with their friends.

" Aww~ Stop it!" 

" How old are you Songsaenim? You look like a Ajusshi!!" Someone in the class joked.

" Do I really look that old?! Why not you guys make a guess? Baek and Jae! Shhhh... Don't say the answer." He winked, sending shivers down their spine. 

" That looked totally erted." Baekhyun make a face filled with disgust.

" 30? " A wild guess were made.

" What! Naw! That's too old! Another guess?" 

" 27?" 

" Nope! Probably the two of you could give them some clue?" Byung Ji prompted. 

" Okay? First time officially teaching after internship." Baekhyun stated. 

" Graduated from Shinhwa University 2 years ago." Jae added.

" 25? "

" 24?" 

" YES!! 24!! And who's that GENIUS?!" A student sitting at the back of the class raised up his hand.

" So what's your name young man?!" Byung Ji asked.

" Park Sung Hyun. But you can call me 'Thunder'." 

" AHH~ I see bright future in you kid!" He laughed.

" OKAY STUDENTS!! Now that I have introduced myself, you students shall take turns to introduce yourselves now!" 

.....There was silence.....

" Alright how about this, Just introduce your name!" He added, seeing no students standing up to introduce themselves. 

Still, silence filled the air. It seems like everyone was waiting for some soul to start this introduction thing.

" Jae Hwang." All gazes was directed to Jae.

" Hwang Baekhyun here~!" 

" Henry Cho~" Henry introduced. 

" I am Kwon Ji Young." 

" I am Im Min Jung." 

The two young ladies stood up and introduced themselves after Henry.

" Oh I see~ Next! We shall go in sequence then! The students sitting behind Baekhyun, Henry and Ji Young, introduce your names please! Attendance taking time!" Byung Ji said enthusiastically.

" Kim Ki Bum! But you can call me Key!" The student sitting right behind Ji Young shouted.

" I am Lee Taemin!" Then silence came back once again.

" Erm... Continue? The five joined tables last row? We can skip Thunder." Byung Ji called out. Thunder sat at the corner.

" Bang Cheol Yong is here!! You can call me Mir!" 

" Hwang Chan Sung!" 

" Jung Jin Woon!" 

" Lee Jun Ho!" They shouted, sounded louder and louder as the next one shouted.

" I can hear guys! I know that you are enthusiastic! But you could lower down your volume a little bit~ NEXT! Those sitting in front of Mir, Chan Sung and Jin Woon!" Byung Ji signaled

" Kim Jong Hyun! "

" Choi Min Ho!"

" Kim Jong In, Kai."

" Park Chanyeol!!"

" Do Kyung Soo." 

" Kim Jong Dae, Chen~"

" Byun Baekhyun!"

" Oh Sehun." 

" Hwang Zi Tao."

" Kim Se Yong."

" Kang JunQ!" 

" Lee Seung Hyun, Seungri."

" Kim Dong Hyun."

" Lee Gun Woo."

" Okay... Continue!" Byung Ji continued trying to catch up with the names on the attendance sheet."

" Next?!" He tilt his head back up.

" There's none." Jae said.

" Really? Ohh.." 

And there was silence again.

" What do Homeroom teachers usually do next?" Byung Ji whispered to Jae and their friends.

" Gosh!*facepalm* Are you sure that two years training is enough? Selecting class reps of course Byung Ji ah~" They sang.

" Oh yeah! Class reps! I totally forgotten about it... Guess that I am too nervous." He mumbled.

" You still have to guess? Woah!" Baekhyun exclaimed, making the class crack up.

" Yah Yah!" Byung Ji pouted. He flip through his notebook searching for the informations he copied down during the teachers meeting earlier.

" Ahem! " Byung Ji was about to start speaking but was stopped by a familiar figure standing at the door of the class.

" Ji Hoo! THANK GOODNESS YOU ARE HERE!!" Byung Ji dragged Ji Hoo into the classroom.

" Erm why are you here Ji Hoo hyung?" Henry asked.

" Why can't the Head of Level of Grade 1 be here?" Ji Hoo raised an eyebrow.

" WHAT?! THAT'S BIZARRE!! THIS IS ONLY YOUR SECOND YEAR TEACHING!" They exclaimed in shock.

" Yah believe it or not! And Byung Ji ah I am here to help you. The Principal assigned me to help you. So, Class 1A! You people are lucky! You will have two Homeroom teachers!" Ji Hoo announced.

" WHAT?!" Now it's not just Jae and her bunch of friends. It's all 26 students plus the 'teacher'.

" Is it that shocking?" 

" YES." 

" When did that happened?! How come I didn't know about it?!" Byung Ji sounded desperate.

" Erm.. 5 minutes ago? No wait, make it 7 minutes." 

" Nevermind then. We shall continue." Byung Ji said.

" So what were you guys doing earlier?" Ji Hoo asked.

" Attendance taking." Jae answered.

" And?" 

" Shocking the hell out of our life." Henry added. 

" And?"

" Forcing my brain empty to believe that two klutz is soon gonna ruin my life." Baekhyun grumbled making the whole class laugh.

" ANYTHING ELSE BUT NONSENSE?" 

" Only that." The class answered in unison.

" And you took 15 minutes? Byung Ji ah, I can't believe that you are that nervous. Come let me handle this, you take down all the notes!" Ji Hoo made him sit down by the teacher's table.

" So! We have to Elect representatives to become the class reps. There will be 2 Class President and 2 Vice-President. Any suggestions? I know that you guys might not be familiar with each other yet so the school had decided to give each class a week's time to decide on the candidates. Be sure to make the perfect choice cause the representatives are gonna be working together with you guys for your 3 years of High School life!" 

" Yes we know! " The students said. Ji Hoo took a quick scan over the name list.

" Wait, there's two Baekhyun's in this class. Any idea how to differentiate them?"

~Hwang Baekhyun's POV~

" Just use my English name Songsaenim!" I voiced out.
 
" Are you sure you wouldn't feel awkward with people calling you James? " Uncle Ji Hoo asked.

" That's only for you Songsaenims, People would still call me Baekhyun. And why would I feel awkward about it? It's a given name anyways." I said.

"Okay then James! Now class 1A, today there will not be any lessons conducted, we have to gather at the school hall in another 10 minutes time. Since there's nothing much to do now, you guys can do whatever you want!" Uncle Ji Hoo announced. Within seconds the class is filled with different discussions. 

" Byung Ji, Ji Hoo hyung? Are you guys free for lunch later? We are planning to eat together with Jong Yi, Woo Bin and Eun Hye, Care to Join us?" I knew he surely would, the both of them love it when we name them as 'elder brothers' instead of 'uncles'.

" Sure~ " 

~ Jae's POV~

I took a quick scan around the class, looking for familiar faces. Well , there was Kyung Soo here, and of course Ji Young, Min Jung, Henry. No wait, there's Minho and Jonghyun here too! Lucky to know that some of my past classmates are here. 

Sure enough, there are a few faces I seen before in my Primary School classes, but that's the problem with me. Unless you are quite close to me, I am sorry to say that I only remember your face but not your name. But, why is that guy here... Let's just hope that he doesn't create any troubles for me!

~ Lunch Time~

Baekhyun and I walked towards the Middle School block. Uncle Ji Hoo and Byung Ji decided to submit those contact informations to the General Office first before meeting us at the Cafeteria with Henry, Ji Young and Min Jung. 

" Jong Yi!" Baekhyun waved.

" Hyung, Noona.." Jong Yi gave a slight smile before walking towards us with Minwoo supporting him.

" NOONA!! HYUNG!!" Baek and I turned to face the direction of the sound to see Woo Bin and Eun Hye. Woo Bin was limping, and Eun Hye just stood at his side with her arms folded. Baek ran over to him and piggybacked him.

" Thanks Minwoo. You are a great helping hand. Wanna join us for lunch? " I offered, thanking him at the same time.

" No thanks, probably next time!" He waved and ran away. 

" Come on guys, Let's go to the Cafeteria! " I led, supporting Jong Yi. On the way there we have some difficulty. If only Eun Hye will stop her naggy 'AB-' blood type personality, everything would go smoother. I could feel Woo Bin's defensive 'A-' blood type wall forming. 

" Sit here Jong Yi ah, I will get food for you." I said. He nodded his head.

" Baek, you get something for Woo Bin to eat." I ordered.

" AISH! What happened to my dearest Jong Yi and Woo Bin?! Tell me who done that!" I could hear Uncle Ji Hoo from a distance as I was walking back to the table with food.

" Yah you are scaring him!" I referred to Jong Yi while glaring at uncle Ji Hoo. Mr Byung Ji came after a few seconds later with food.

" Jae, Can I come over your house for Dinner tonight?!" Kyu who was sitting on the table right behind me turned and asked. He was sitting with the whole Super Junior team, Siwon and Ryeowook next to him.

" Noona I know this! This is a multiple choice question and the four given options consist of 'Yes', 'Sure', 'Why Not' and ' If You Like To' !" Jong Yi in.

" You sure know What Kyuhyun-sshi is thinking Jong Yi ah~" Ji Young sang, sitting at the other corner of the table with Min Jung and Henry.

" Am I invited?" We turned to face the owner of the voice. 

" Seung Hwan Hyung!" Jong Yi greeted, same goes for Baek, Woo Bin and Eun Hye.

" Yo, Seung Hwan." I waved. He squeezed himself between Jong Yi and Baek. 

" Been long since I last seen you Seung Hwan ah!" Byung Ji and Ji Hoo added.

" So am I invited? Can I stay over too?" He grinned, ignoring them.

" NO!" Kyuhyun answered.

" Not talking to you, Mr Cho." Seung Hwan Stared at him.

" If the both of you want to, You could." I answered.

" Aigoo~ what happened to Jong Yi ah? And you too Woo Bin, what happened?" Seung Hwan ruffled Jong Yi's hair. 

" Explaining to you later." Woo Bin said, gulping down his food.

" Of course you don't know anything about it! You weren't even there to help." Kyuhyun said proudly folding his arms. 

" Say from someone who didn't help too." Henry mumbled to himself. 

" Yeah Hyung, Didn't see you this morning, where you've been?" Baek asked.

" Hehehe sorry guys! Appa overslept so I was late." He said in embarrassment.

" Stop giving excuses!" Kyu said.

" Then you should stop picking on me!" Seung Hwan exclaimed.

" Then you stop being such a loser!" Kyu stood up.

" Oh so you mean you are the winner? Don't make me laugh! Just stop boasting!" Seung Hwan stood up too.

" Hyung... Hyung.." Jong Yi tried stopping the two as they continued arguing. 

" You shameless!" Seung Hwan shouted.

" Say from someone who invited himself for dinner!" The two created an uproar, gaining more attention.

" Like You didn't!" Seung Hwan rebutted.

" NO! Jae said that I could!" Kyu shouted.

" She said that I could too!" Jong Yi continued trying to stop them.

" You copied me alright! Copycat!"  Kyuhyun spat.

" You are so childish!" Seung Hwan rolled his eyes. That's it, I'm out of patience.

" SHUT UP AND EAT THE BOTH OF YOU!" I stood up and shouted. They both retreated, puffing out their cheeks.

" HAHAHAHA!! " Now the canteen is filled with laughter. 

" CAN'T I JUST EAT IN PEACE?! WHO'S THE CHILDISH ONE SHOUTING AT EACH OTHER. " I shot the both of them a glare.

" IS IT YOU? OR YOU?" I stared at the both of them.

" WHY? SUDDENLY SPEECHLESS? DIDN'T YOU GUYS HAVE A LOT TO SAY? NOTHING ELSE? SIT THE HELL BACK DOWN AND EAT!" 

" Hyung." Jong Yi tugged at Seung Hwan's hand pulling Kyu's on his other hand. 

" F-friends do not fight, be good good friends okay? " Jong Yi placed their hands together.

" SURE!" They shook hands which I could see both of them exerting strength.

" WE WILL BE GOOD FRIENDS! REALLY GOOD FRIENDS!" Anyone could see those laser in their eyes.

" CONTINUE." I stared at them. 

" Yah Seung Hwan Hyung! Come on let's eat!" Baek pulled him back down. 

" Kyuhyun hyung should eat too!" Jong Yi pushed him back to his seat.

"JONG YI AH! YOU ARE SO CUTE!" Ryeo Wook pinched his cheeks. Jong Yi blushed.

~ Back to class, Author's POV ~

" There is just too much time left before school's over." Ji Hoo said.

" Yes I know, maybe we could just let them roam around school, familiarized with the high school environment first?" Byung Ji suggested.

" Why not just say let them do anything they want?" Ji Hoo sighed.

" Okay class! You are free to do anything you want since there nothing much to do anymore for today! You are allowed to roam around school, but only when the bell rings, then you can exit school!" Ji Hoo announced.

" OKAY!" The class cheered.

" Jaegie ah, what was the argument between Seung Hwan and Kyuhyun Hyung about?" Kyung Soo asked Jae.

" I don't know how to explain it Kyungie. That silly cousin of my is always at 'war' with Kyu. I just don't get what happened between them to make them like rivals." Jae said in slight frustration. 

" Wanna go take a walk around the school?" Kyung Soo offered.

" Why not? But we shall come back to class later." Jae said smiling.

" Let's go then!" The two stood up and exited the class. 

" Where you going Noona?" Baekhyun shouted but she didn't heard him.

" To take a walk, probably she frustrated with Seung Hwan and Kyuhyun earlier." Byung Ji explained.

" That's so unfriendly of her for not inviting me along! " Baekhyun grumbled.

" Ba--James. Just give her sometime alone can't you?" Ji Hoo said.

" But she wasn't alone." Baekhyun frown. 

" You mean you don't trust Kyung Soo?" Byung Ji raised an eyebrow.

" No, I didn't mean that!" 

" Okay fine, just continue you conversations with the others." Ji Hoo sighed.

While Mr Hwang Baekhyun continue his basketball conversation with Minho and Henry. Min Jung started drawing, Ji Young discussed about cosmetics with Key, Jonghyun and Taemin. 

On the other side of the class, Gunwoo and Dong Hyun were having conversations of how to handle situations as group leaders of MYNAME and Boyfriend. The Magnae of Bigbang, Seungri was telling them how his group leader G-Dragon handle situations in the group. Seyong and JunQ were talking about random stuffs. 

Junho, Chansung and Jinwoon was planning some barbecue event with both their groups 2AM and 2PM. The two youngest member of MBLAQ, Thunder and Mir were running around the class, joking, declaring a mini paper ball war. As for the rest, the 6 members of EXO were discussing about the pair which just left the classroom.

A/N: Feel free to leave comments!:):)