Kyung Soo and Jae

Images Of Life

" You guys have any idea why the two seems to be so close?" Chen asked. 

" That, you have to start talking from when we were still in Primary school grade 2!" Sehun answered. Tao, who don't really understand Korean, also got interested in the topic they are currently discussing about.

" Remember there was this mango tree at the backyard of our Primary school? " They nodded.

~ FlashBack, 8 years ago ~

It was summer.

" Sehun ah, I don't think that is a good idea." Kyung Soo tried stopping the younger one from climbing up the tree. 

" Come on hyung! If you don't want to get caught, we have to hurry!" Sehun continued climbing.

" Catch!" Sehun plucked out a mango and threw it down.

" Yah Sehun! Come down! Stop climbing up! It's dangerous!" Kyung Soo shouted.

" Shh! Be quiet hyung! You don't want to get caught!" Sehun hissed as he pluck out another mango.

" Sehun ah! Three is more than enough! Come down now! " Kyung Soo caught another mango Sehun threw down. 

" Last one!" Sehun plucked out another one. But he didn't climb down right after he threw the last mango he plucked down to Kyung Soo.

" What's wrong Sehun? Why aren't you coming down?" Kyung Soo shouted seeing Sehun not moving an inch .

" IT-IT'S TOO HIGH UP HERE!" Sehun trembled, tears threatened to spill out of his eyes.

" Wh-what! St-STAY THERE SEHUN AH!! " Kyung Soo shouted.

" God! What should I do now? Call a teacher to help? No no I can't, that will land the both of us in trouble. Climb up the tree? Will I get stuck there too? Oh god how! " Kyung Soo panicked. 

" C-CAN YOU JUMP DOWN!" 

" IF I CAN I WOULDN'T HAVE STAY UP HERE! THINK OF A WAY! SOMEHOW! " Sehun started crying.

" What should I do! What should I do!" 

" HYUNG! I AM DYING UP HERE!" Sehun cried.

" What are you doing?! Forget about everything Do Kyung Soo! I AM COMING UP SEHUN!" Kyung Soo dropped those mangoes and started climbing the tree.

" Sehun ah." Kyung Soo sat next to him on the branch as he took in a deep breath.

" I want you to step on my shoulders and slowly move downwards as I move." Kyung Soo waited for Sehun to nod before moving down. 

" Uncle Ji Hoo~ I want it! I want that badge!" H.Baekhyun whined as he tugged at his Uncle's blouse.

" Call me hyung please? Baek, that is my Student leader badge! I can't give it to you! Why not wait till you grow older and enter High School? I am still on duty you know?" Ji Hoo said. 

" Baekhyun ah~ cut him some slack, he is the Head student leader of High School Grade 2! He can't lose that badge! " Kyuhyun said proudly.

" Fine then! I will wait! I will wait till he graduate and that badge will be mine!" H.Baekhyun said, 

" Hehehe yeah! Jae what are you looking at?" Kyuhyun asked the girl walking next to him. Jae didn't answer him, she only dragged Ji Hoo along with her as she ran to a particular direction.

" Here." Ji Hoo carried the boy standing on Kyung Soo's shoulder down. Sehun was so scared that he was hugging the tree damn tightly. It may seemed high for a 8 year old kid but it's just a stretching exercise for a 18 teen.

" AHH!" Kyung Soo screamed as he fell off the tree.

" HYUNG!" Sehun shouted. Kyung Soo closed his eyes as he was prepared for his back to land against the cold hard ground but it didn't.

" Gotcha!" Kyuhyun grinned. Instead of Kyung Soo's back to inching the ground, Kyuhyun fallen backwards as he caught him.

" Eh..." Kyung Soo blinked. 

" You mind getting up? You are quite heavy!" Kyuhyun groaned.

" Sorry." Kyung Soo stood up but fell back down on his . 

" Are you okay?" Kyuhyun asked as he sat up. 

" It hurts." Kyung Soo cried. 

" It looks awful! You must have scrapped your knee when you were climbing!" Baekhyun said.

" Don't move." Jae uncapped her bottle of water and wet a piece of tissue.

" Ah!" Kyung Soo gasped.

" A little bit more...... Done!" Jae secured the plaster over Kyung Soo's scraped knee. Plaster is something you will always find in Jae's pockets.

" Hyung!" Sehun ran over.

" Sehun ah! You okay?! Any injuries? Don't ever do that again!" Kyung Soo scolded.

" HAHAHAHA! You are so cute!" Ji Hoo laughed.

" By the way what are the two of you doing?" Kyuhyun asked.

" Erm......" 

" Mangoes." Jae pointed to those mangoes lying on the ground.

" Didn't you know that you can't pluck those mangoes up there? It's against the school rules!" They flinched.

" Yah Kyu. Speak gently." Jae said.

" Can't we just eat it and act like nothing happened?" H.Baekhyun said.

" It's not about wanting to eat mangoes or what now! It's about safety!" Kyuhyun exclaimed.

" Relax Kyu, we can just bring these mangoes to the cleaners around school." Ji Hoo suggested.

" Come on you two, let me get you guys something to drink!" Ji Hoo smiled.

" Come on." Jae held out her hand to Kyung Soo. 

" Thanks." Jae pulled Kyung Soo off the ground.

" Oh Kyu! Yah stop puffing out your cheeks! I will bear any responsibilities okay?! Let's go!" Ji Hoo dragged him.

" Hey wait for me!" H.Baekhyun ran after them.

They sent those Mangoes to one of the cleaners and headed off towards the High School block. 

" Hi auntie! Can you give me 6 cups of Mango juice?" Ji Hoo ordered. 

" Make that 7 cups!" Byung Ji approached Ji Hoo. 

" I was looking for you Ji Hoo ah~" Byung Ji said.

" Why didn't you tell me that you were meeting Jae, Baekhyun and Kyuhyun for lunch? I could have join in too!" Byung Ji whined. 

" I would greatly appreciate it if you were to help me carry some of these cups instead of asking me to pay for yours too and just continue whining!" Ji Hoo shot him a glare.

" You got mine too?! OH THANK YOU! YOU ARE MY GREATEST FRIEND INDEED!" Byung Ji cheered. Jae went over and took two cups from Ji Hoo.

" Here." She sat the two cups of mango juice in front of Kyung Soo and Sehun. She took another two cups, passing one to Kyuhyun.

" THANKS JAE!" He hugged her.

" Cut that out Kyu." 

" Why aren't you guys drinking?" Ji Hoo took a seat next to H.Baekhyun with Byung Ji tagging along behind.

" W-we.." 

" Aww~ don't have to feel shy about it! Just drink!" H.Baekhyun said pushing the cups nearer to them. 

" T-thanks." Kyung Soo stuttered. 

" Why did you find these two cuties? And you didn't tell me about it!" Byung Ji pouted.

" I only found them earlier Byung Ji ah. " Ji Hoo turned his attention back to the kids sitting in front of him.

" Jae Hwang. Class 2B." Jae introduced as she held out her hand.

" Eh..." 

" Cho Kyuhyun! Class 3A!" Kyuhyun introduced himself too.

" I'm Hwang Baekhyun, in Class 2B too! She is my Noona and he is my Uncle!" 

" CALL ME HYUNG! I'm Jung Ji Hoo, High School class 3B, Student head of level." He smiled

" I am Yang Byung Ji! In High School class 3B too!" 

" You are?" Jae prompted.

" D-do Kyung Soo from C-class 2C!" Kyung Soo stuttered as he shook Jae's hand.

" I am Oh Sehun, also from Class 2C!" 

" Oh so we are peers!" H.Baekhyun said.

" It seems like you guys are!" Byung Ji added.

~ End Of Flashback ~

" And that's how they met!" Sehun finished.

" So you mean that you already know our homeroom teachers when you were in Grade 2?" Chanyeol sounded shocked.

" Yeah! But I wasn't that close with them, Kyung Soo hyung is much closer! Hehehe thinking about back then, i remember getting a hell of a scoldings from Umma. I have to get a new set of school blouse and shorts cause the stains wouldn't get off when the housekeeper washed it, and there's a hole which I didn't even remember getting it when I was climbing the tree!" Sehun chuckled.

" Maybe you were so scared that you even peed in your pants! Those stains were probably pee stains!" Kai joked.

" Shut up!" 

" Continue your story Sehun!" Chen said.

" I wasn't in the same class as Kyung Soo hyung since then and this is the first time I have been in the same class as Jae." Sehun said.

" I shall takeover from there then." B.Baekhyun said.

" I was in Class 3A when I was in Primary School grade 3. Kyung Soo and Jae were in that class too. They were assigned as partners, and they sat together in class on the first row being the shortest two in class. The two were also the Class presidents. There was once I remember, a Grade 1 Junior of ours got beaten up by a group of our peers and Kyung Soo went up to stop them." B.Baekhyun continued.

~ Flashback, 7 years ago~

" Are you mute?! Can't you just answer when someone is talking to you?!" Daehyun slapped the boy across his cheek. The 7 years old boy stood still.

" Oi! Look at someone when they are talking to you! "  Daehyun gave the boy another slap.

" How rude are you, not answering when a senior is talking to you! " Daehyun shoved that boy onto the ground.

" Hyung I think he is dumb!" Young Jae said as he landed a kick on the boy.

" Yeah I agree with Young Jae hyung. I have never seen this guy talk before, not even when we were still in kindergarten!" Zelo, who is also in Grade 1, spoke.

" He must have suffered from some heavy blow to his head when he was younger! Look at him he doesn't even show any emotions! " Jong Up said.

" But why would a kid like him even be accepted into our school? Hah! It's just impossible for someone retarded to be in our school!" Daehyun exclaimed.

" Maybe we could fix him up!" 

" Yeah!" Daehyun grinned. They started kicking the boy, throwing punches on him.

" Shout for help kid!" The boy just laid there not moving an inch. Not crying, not even expressing pain through sound. Just staring blankly at his bullies with an expressionless face.

" Poor kid doesn't even know how to struggle! HAHAHA!" 

" YAH STOP IT!" Someone yelled . The owner of the voice ran over and stood in front of his injured Junior.

" WHO THE HELL ARE YOU!" Daehyun shouted.

" I-I am Do Kyung Soo!" Kyung Soo shouted back.

" Woah kid! What do you think you are doing here?" Daehyun asked, feeling totally frustrated.

" Stopping you of course." Kyung Soo answered. 

" You and just you? HAHAHAHA!" 

" Yes! Just me! But I would like it if you didn't start this fight at all." 

" What do you even know kid?!" 

" That you bashed up an innocent junior who was just picking back his bouncy ball! You are the worst person I have ever seen!" 

" HAHAHAHA! This isn't a place for you to play hero kid! You wouldn't understand anything! " Daehyun flicked Kyung Soo's forehead.

" Stop calling me a kid! I am in the same grade as you!" Kyung Soo spat.

" Oh? Really? You are really short for a Grade 3 student!"

" Why? What's there to be surprised about? You aren't that tall either! Haven't you look into the mirror before?" 

" YOU KID! "

" MY NAME IS DO KYUNG SOO!" 

" WHATEVER YOUR NAME IS! IF I DON'T MAKE SURE YOU BEG FOR MERCY, I AM NOT JUNG DAEHYUN!" Daehyun shoved him.

" Yeah! Make him bleed guys!" Kyung Soo tried protecting himself from getting injuries on places that are visible enough for his mother to shout in his ears, but failed.

" Didn't you guys ate? Put in more strength! " Daehyun ordered.

" Arck!" Daehyun got shocked as he got pulled away by the back of his collar. He fell backwards and landed on the ground.

" Why can't you kids just stop wanting to play the hero game Huh!" Daehyun stood up from the ground.

" What is this? Now a girl trying to stop this fight? HAHAHA! What is a girl even doing here in the first place!! HAHAH--" Daehyun couldn't really continue laughing as the girl sent a kick to his chin.

" WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE !" Daehyun yelled as he wiped off his blood.

" YEAH WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE!! " They shouted.

" Jae Hwang. " 

" DON'T YOU KNOW WHO HE IS?" Zelo shouted.

" Should I?"  

" HE IS JUNG DAEHYUN!" 

" And?"

" So you think you are so awesome that you could fight?!" Daehyun continued.

" No." 

" I can't believe another ill-mannered kid came! And this time it's a !" 

" Who are you to call someone ill-mannered?" Jae punched him in the face.

" You ! This is still the first time someone dare to hit me!" 

" So? Should I host a party to celebrate?" Jae raised an eyebrow.

" Look kid, I am trying to help you! You should just totally stay out of this and watch as we handle these two idiots!" Jae ignored what he said.

" J-Jae, you should just stay away from this." Kyung Soo could barely even sit up.

" And ignore my friend and my brother? That's not me Kyung." Jae clenched her fist.

" So that idiot is your brother? Oh how wonderful! You guys are totally a bunch of trash! I seriously pitied your family for having idiots! Maybe it's inherited! " Daehyun spat.

" SHUT UP." 

" And that's something your parents didn't taught you about! So rude!" 

" WE DON'T HAVE PARENTS." Jae shoved him against the lockers by the hallway. That sentence shocked Daehyun.

" WHO ARE YOU TO SAY THAT SOMEONE IS ILL-MANNERED? HOW ABOUT YOU? ARE YOU BEING POLITE BY BASHING UP A HELPLESS KID!" 

" YOUR BROTHER IS RETARDED! HE SHOULDN'T BE HERE!" 

" HE IS AUTISTIC! "

" ISN'T THAT THE SAME AS BEING RETARDED? " 

"ARE YOU THAT STUPID TO NOT KNOW THE DIFFERENCE."

" I-I--" 

" GO HOME SWITCH ON THE COMPUTER, LEARN THE MEANING OF ALL THOSE WORDS BEFORE GOING AROUND SCHOOL AND CALLING SOMEONE , IDIOT, DUMB! " Jae let go of Daehyun. She pulled Kyung Soo and her brother off the ground. 

" YOU ! I SWEAR I WILL MAKE YOU PAY!" Daehyun cursed.

" HOW." Jae turned around swiftly. The students watching this fight thought that she was about to throw another punch as she raised up her fist and shot directly at Daehyun's face. But it stopped there, just about a few inches away.

" HOW ARE YOU MAKING ME PAY FOR THIS. BY MAKING MY LIFE DIFFICULT? ASKING YOUR PARENTS TO SUE ME? GO AHEAD. JAE HWANG, CLASS PRESIDENT OF 3A. I WILL SEE HOW YOU ARE GOING TO MESS WITH ME." 

" Noona!"

" Jae!" Kyuhyun and Seung Hwan shouted as the ran over with H.Baekhyun. Jae turned away from Daehyun.

" Baek, help Kyung Soo to our
Class." Jae said as she piggyback her injured younger brother.

" You mean your class?" That year H.Baekhyun got into Class 3C.
 
" Yeah." They walked past Daehyun like he wasn't even there from the start. 

" Kyu, you mind fetching a packet of Apple Juice from the vending machine?" Jae asked.

" I will be back soon." Kyuhyun whisked out of the classroom.

" Jong Yi...Look at me Jong Yi...." The young boy tilted his head up to look at him elder sister.

" It's okay now, I want you to relax." Jae said as she slowly unclenched her brother's fist. The poor kid was so terrified that his shorts were crumpled from his clenching.

" Does it hurt?" Jae asked as she gently rubbed Jong Yi's cheek. Jong Yi just stared blankly at his sister. 

" I am back!" Kyuhyun dashed into the classroom with a packet of Apple juice in his hand.

" H-Here!" He said breathlessly as he handled the packet of Juice to Jae.

" Thanks Kyu." 

" Jong Yi ah, you must answer someone when they are asking you questions. You should always look at the speaker, that is respect. Why can't you just whine? Cry for help or even groan? " Jae said sounding slightly agitated. 

" Jae, you alright?" Jae took in a deep breath.

" Yeah. Jong Yi, can you tell Noona what happened? Why did that Jung Daehyun guy and his friends beat you?" Jae waited for her brother to answer. But Jong Yi didn't, he just took out a bouncy ball from his pocket and held it out to Jae.

" S-sunbaenim took it away.... He took it away from J-Jong Yi! J-Jong Yi took it back." Jong Yi said.

" Did you asked from him?" Jae asked. Jong Yi shook his head.

" S-sunbaenim threw it... Jong Yi was looking for it, Jo-jong Yi saw it rolling towards J-Jong Yi and Jong Yi p-picked it up!" Jong Yi said. 

" And then?" 

" S-sunbaenim said that Jong Yi shouldn't take something that Isn't Jong Yi's. Jong Yi just walked away." Jong Yi started trembling.

" Why didn't you tell them about it?" Seung Hwan asked.

" Jong Y-yi just walked away, Jong Yi just w-walked away. T-that was Jong Yi's !" 

" Then why didn't you answer them when they asked you questions?" Jae asked.

" S-sunbaenim is scary! J-Jong Y-Yi is S-scared! J-Jong Y-Yi is scared!" Jong trembled even more.

" Okay! relax Jong Yi. Now can you let Noona dress your wounds?" 

" No! J-Jong Y-yi is scared!" Jong Yi said as he stood up from the chair and hid behind Seung Hwan. 

" How about this? You sit here and let me dress your wounds, and I will give you this packet of Apple Juice?" Jae tempted.

" J-Jong Y-Yi want to d-drink it first!" 

" Fine then, drink it as I apply medications on your injuries okay?"  Jong Yi nodded, running back to Jae's seat and sat down. Soon after a few minutes, she was done.

" Kyu, Seung Hwan, could you please sent Jong Yi back to class?" Jae asked. They nodded. Seung Hwan held onto Jong Yi's hand. The two of them turned and prepared to walk out of the classroom.

" And yah!" They turned around.

" Baek, I would like you to follow them too." Jae passed a tube of cream and a few pieces of plaster to H.Baekhyun.

" What to do with these Noona?" H.Baekhyun asked.

" He is your classmate right?" Jae smiled.

" Kyu, Seung Hwan, please accompany Baek back to his class too after you guys sent Jong Yi back to class. Do help out if you can." Jae said. She watched as they nodded and headed out of the classroom.

" Okay." Jae sighed. She returned to her seat and turned to her partner.

" Sorry Kyung." She apologized.

" Sorry?"

" Yeah and thank you." 

" F-for what?" 

" Getting yourself injured for protecting my brother." 

" Oh that's... T-that's nothing!" 

" You are the hero of the day!~" 

" W-what? ME?!" Kyung Soo blushed.

" Y-yes. Hehehe... You." Jae chuckled. It was rare to see her laugh, smiling was something that people think they will ever see it from her.

" T-thanks.. Hehe...he..he.." Kyung Soo laughed.

" You okay?" Jae asked.

" Eh.. What?" 

" Your chin is bruised." 

" It is?!" 

" Yes." 

" Really?" Kyung Soo doesn't believe it, he gently touch his chin and winced in pain.

" Haha, you believe it now? "

" Y-yeah." Kyung Soo said as he tilt down his head. That moment he was totally embarrassed by his actions.

" Yah, if you are going to keep staring blankly at the floor, how am I going to apply the cream?"

" Huh? Oh sorry! " The two kept silent for a few moments.

" That bouncy ball...... Was that something important?" Kyung Soo asked.

" It's something Umma gave to him." 

~ End Flashback ~

" Back then she really left a deep impression on everyone that was watching. " B.Baekhyun said.

" And you didn't went to help?" Chanyeol asked.

" What! I was scared! You didn't help them too!" B.Baekhyun rebutted.

" But weren't you quite close with them since you were sitting right behind them?" B.Baekhyun ignored Chanyeol.

" I still remember that Jae wore school uniform made for girls instead of wearing the ones made for us guys now. She totally blended in with us guys that we could only differentiate her through her height." B.Baekhyun sighed.

" Anyone know about anything else?" Kai, Chanyeol and Chen shook their heads. Tao just sat there trying to understand what they were talking about.

" What do you want to know about them?" Ji Hoo crept up from nowhere.

" WOAH!" They got shocked.

" You heard everything?" Chen asked.

" Yep I heard too!" Byung Ji said as he stood beside Ji Hoo.

" So what do you want to know about them?" 

" Tell us everything you know!" Chanyeol beamed.

" I only know about those when it's not during school times."

" Like?" 

" Kyung Soo went over to our house quite frequently whenever they are classmates to discuss about pair works. They also had meeting with a few other Class Presidents. They cooked together when Kyung Soo was staying over that night. They cooked together when they are preparing for the class picnic. They went cycling together with Kyuhyun, Hwang Baekhyun, and some other student leaders to choose a place for an class outing. As for those which happened in class..." Ji Hoo stopped for a moment.


" HWANG BAEKHYUN YOU ARE WANTED!" Ji Hoo called out.

" What?!" 

" Your classmates here have things to ask you about Jae and Kyung Soo!" Byung Ji answered.

" Eh? So what are you guys curious about?" H.Baekhyun asked.

" Why are they so close?"

" That's natural since they have been in the same class for 6 years, since primary school Grade 3 till Grade 2 of middle school! They wasn't in the same class last year. And if I wasn't wrong, Grade 3 was the start of their life as Class Presidents and Student leaders. The two of them had been the Class Presidents of their classes for the past years." He answered.

" Do you have any particular stories about them?" 

" I do have one!" Henry raised up his hand.

" You do?!"

" It happened when we were in Middle school grade 1, during home economics lesson. " He continued.

~ Flashback, 3 years ago ~

" Jaegie, let's pair up for home economics lesson!" Kyung Soo said as they approached the kitchen.

" Class! We will be making Kimbap(Korean California Roll) today!" The teacher said as she fastened on her apron.

" I want you to find a partner and pair up while I prepare the ingredients!" 

" Jae, can I pair up with you?" JR asked.

" Sorry JR, Kyung Soo asked me to pair up with him before class started. Maybe next time~" Jae said.

" Ohh.. Sure there's next time!" JR brightened up and look for another classmate to pair up with.

" Class I want you to name yourself A or B between you and your partner!" The teacher said.

" What do you want to be? A or B?" Kyung Soo asked Jae.

" B? " Jae said.

" Okay~ I will take A then!" 

" I want the 'A's to come over to the front here and collect your ingredients! The 'B's to collect the materials needed! " 

" Now I want the 'A's to wash the carrots, peel and slice them. The 'B's you will start slicing the cooked crabsticks and fishcakes. Don't forget to wash your knifes before using them! " Jae walked towards basin and started washing the knife.

" Why aren't you guys starting? Is it that difficult to even wash a knife or vegetable?" 

" But Songsaenim! How do we wash the knife?! " Someone questioned. Jae finished washing the knife by then. 

" I understand that it's the first time most of you here are cooking. So I will go through once, remember it!" The teacher asked those who doesn't really know how to wash the knife over to the teacher's counter. Almost the whole class went over... Yes, almost. Only Jae stood right there preparing to slice up the ingredients.

A minute later, all students returned to their counter.

" How do we even handle this?" Kyung Soo mumbled to himself, not only him, the other students too.

" Here Kyungie, use this, I just washed it." Jae said passing the knife to Kyung Soo.

" Oh..Thanks Jaegie!"

" No problem." She smiles.

" Now how should I start this?" Kyung Soo stared at the knife in his hand and the carrot in front of him.

" Wash the carrot first." Jae said as she walked towards the basin and washed the knife she finished using a few seconds ago.

" Class, if you are finished with your task, do help up with your partners!" The teacher said as she walked around the kitchen observing the students. All you could hear in the class other than the teacher's instructions, were only complains, whines and groans.

" How do I peel it...." Kyung Soo scratch his head.

" Use a peeler." Jae said.

" Peeler?" Kyung Soo raised an eyebrow.

" This." Jae passed the peeler.

" This is a peeler?"

" Yes... I don't think you know how to use it... Right?" Kyung Soo nodded.

" Let me show you then." Jae sighed.

" You hold it around this angle the push it downwards against the carrot." Jae demostrated

" Like this?" Kyung Soo tried.

" No, like this. Thin." Jae held onto Kyung Soo's hand and demostrated. 

" Get it?"

" Yeah, thanks!"

" Jae? I see that you are quite experienced, you mind helping some of the pairs?" The teacher asked.

" Nope." Jae moved over to help JR and Aron who is at the counter just behind them. Kyung Soo soon finished peeling the carrots. He picked up the knife and convinced himself that he will not have any problems slicing it. But it doesn't work like he thought it would.

" Arh!" Kyung Soo dropped the knife. 

" JR, Finish slicing the carrots." Jae said as she returned to her counter.

" What happened?" The teacher rushed to their counter.

" I think he cut his finger." Jae answered as Kyung Soo was busy examining his injured finger.

" What are you doing?! Don't stand there! Clean it!" Jae pulled Kyung Soo to the basin, washed her hands with soap and cleaned his wound.

" It stings!" Kyung Soo flinched.

" Yah I know. It wouldn't sting that much if you were to apply pressure around the wound." Jae dried and stuck a bandaid on his finger. 

" Thanks." 

" Is everything fine now?" The teacher asked with concern.

" Yes songsaenim!" 

" Kyungie ah, let me show you how you should slice something." Jae said, rewashing the knife. She slice it in a rhythm. 

" Done. Thin and long, suitable for making Kimbap." 

" Class! I want those who are done to come to the front here, I am gonna demonstrate the next step, frying an egg." The teacher called out. After a few minutes, students are struggling with the handling of Pan and flipping the egg. Some couldn't even crack an egg properly without egg shells in them. Some succeeded in cracking the eggs, but wasn't that successful in beating the egg. At the end of everything, the students were mentally strained. 

" Class 1B, you've done a great job today, but since we still have a period left and you are having lunch after this, I will release you guys early! I want you guys to seat together and taste each other's food. Great job for today class! " The teacher announced, releasing the class shortly after the final clean up. Class 1B ran towards the canteen. But they came together at one corner of the canteen after some of them purchase their beverage.

" I feel so bad Jaegie." Kyung Soo said sounding a little apologetic. 

" Why."

" Cause I only peeled the carrots, roll the Kimbap, beat the eggs and watch you do the rest." 

" Do you know that you can do better? You have quite a bit of talent in cooking, I can see it from the way you beat the eggs. I have never seen a person getting it right just after a demonstration." Jae said.

" That's just because you beaten it quite thoroughly before I took over."

" No, seriously. You have a talent in cooking. Don't give up on it understand Kyungie?" Kyung Soo nodded.

" Let's just try our food first." Kyung Soo took a bite on the piece of Kimbap.

" How is it?"

" IT'S WONDERFUL!" 

" Hey! Wait for us to come over first before eating can't you?!" Henry said as he sat in front of us staring at our food.

" Here." Jae pushed the container of Kimbap over to Henry. 

" I did it with Jonghyun!" Henry said as he passed his container over to Jae.

" How? Good? Bad? Awesome? Wonderful? Superb? Crazily nice?"
Jonghyun asked Jae and Kyung Soo.

" IT'S SO NICE LIKE EVER! JAE,  YOUR SKILLS JUST KEEPS IMPROVING!" Henry answered.

" Not talking to you though Henry! " Jonghyun scolded playfully as he took a bite of the Kimbap Jae and Kyung Soo cooked.

" OH GOD! THIS IS HEAVEN!" 

" REALLY?!" Now all the classmates gathered near Jae and Kyung Soo, placing their containers in front of them and took a slice of theirs. 

" THIS IS THE BEST THING I HAVE EVER EATEN IN MY WHOLE LIFE!" 

" I COULD EAT THIS AND ONLY THIS FOREVER!" The exaggeration got more irritable.

" YAH STOP EXAGGERATING." Jae shouted.

" Jae and Kyung Soo, try ours!" JR said pushing the container nearer to them.

" Yeah Try ours too!" 

" Okay. One by one." Jae took a bite of Kimbap made Henry and Jonghyun.

" Nice? Good? Delicious?" 

" Who cracked the eggs and beaten them?" Jae asked.

" He did!" Jonghyun pointed at Henry.

" You did too!" 

" Yah right fine!"

" So how was it?"

" There's egg shells..." Kyung Soo said pulling out the tiny piece of egg shell from his mouth.

" But it's overall a 'Passed', might be a 70 marks if there's no egg shells." Jae said.

" Really?! We are that wonderful?!" Jae and Kyung Soo nodded. Next they took a piece made by Chunji and L.Joe.

" How?" The pair sat there waiting for an answer.

Jae and Kyung Soo looked at each other before laughing.

" It's... Salty... Hehehehe..." Kyung Soo said.

" 65 marks. Hehehe..."

" Told you not to add that much salt!" Chunji scolded, hitting L.Joe playfully.

" How about ours?" Ilhoon and Hyunsik asked.

" Aren't you missing eggs in here?" Kyung Soo said as he stared at the container of Kimbap made by Hyunsik and Ilhoon.

" The carrots aren't cook."  Jae simply said.

" Hyunsik hyung ruined the eggs!" Ilhoon exclaimed.

" But you are the one who prepared the carrots!"

" A 60 marks, will be a 70 if there's an egg and the carrots are soft." Jae commented.

This was a rare moment to see Jae laugh. Although it was because of the food they made that makes her laugh, the students are happy. Cause... They are happy that they could make her laugh wholeheartedly.

" Achoo!" Jae sneezed.

" ah-ah-ah.... Why are there pepper in this?" Kyung Soo pinched his nose.

" Cause the eggs are burnt. Good job for covering up the bitter taste, a little bit of salt would be nice too.  70 marks." Jae said.

" Yeah..." Kyung Soo scrunched up his face at the taste. After all those tasting, he really felt that he had lost his taste bites. 

" I think I still like ours the best." Kyung Soo drank a few mouthful of water and took another bite.

" I want it too!" 

" No eat yours! "

" Yeah eat yours! This will all be mine!" 

" STOP." The students sat still.

" Share it guys. We can swop 4 pieces with each other. Like what Songsaenim said, let's share. Exchange 4 with each pair okay." Jae said as she exchange with JR and Aron. All of them exchanged their food and started eating.

" Aw! This taste too salty! How can you even swallow it Jae, Kyung Soo?!" Hyunsik grumbled.

" At least ours don't make people sneeze like yours! " L.Joe said.

" Is it that bad?!" Seung Hwan approached them from nowhere.

" You wanna try it?!" Ilhoon stuffed the Kimbap into Seung Hwan's mouth.

" I Cwould hatve chocke!" Seung Hwan ranted with his mouth full of food.

" Swallow it first."

" Jae! Can I try yours?" Kyuhyun ran over.

" I want some too Noona!" H.Baekhyun said following behind Kyuhyun and Seung Hwan.

" Try theirs first!" Kyung Soo said as he stuffed a random piece of Kimbap into H.Baekhyun's mouth.

" EGG SHELLS!" 

" THIS IS DAMN BITTER!" 

" HAHAHAHA!" They laughed.

~ End Flashback ~

" That day we had so much fun! I remember burning my fingers while trying to flip the egg." Henry said.

" Yeah and you almost sent that egg to my face while flipping it." Jonghyun huffed.

" Hehehe...sorry!" Henry grinned awkwardly.

" Do you guys remember what happened last year?" H.Baekhyun said.

~ Flashback, 1 year ago~

It was a day just before their term break, during the last hour of their day, the home room period.

" What?! You mean they are active again?! Oh god..." H.Baekhyun sighed.

" Let's go." Jae said as she walked out of the classroom.

" I can't believe that pair of brothers are back." Kyung Soo said.

" Yeah me too, it's been 3 months since the brothers got knocked over by a car and got themselves into bandages!" Henry said.

" Didn't the older one just got out of his bandages?" Ji Young asked.

" Yeah, he did." Min Jung answered.

" And we thought that they learnt a lesson." Dong Jun said.

" But apparently they didn't." Minho said. This week, the student leaders on duty were the 8 of them, though some of them are from different classes.

" Today our mission is to Capture the two and sent them back to the Security Guard's office. Henry, Min Jung Group A. Ji Young, Kyung Soo Group B. H.Baekhyun, Dong Jun Group C. Minho you will be in Group D with me. First thing first, please inform all classes to close their doors shut. Group A you will take Level 1 classes. Group B Level 2 classes. Group C Level 3 classes. Group D Level 4 classes. You are shut all doors of empty classrooms. Keep the Walkie Talkie with you at all times. Understand?" Jae instructed. She was the Head of student leaders.

" Yes!" 

" Disperse!" The groups went on their designated task.

" Group B is done here Jae!" Ji Young reported through the Walkie Talkie.

" Group C is done too." Dong Jun reported. 

" Great job guys, Group D here is almost done.... Where's Group A?" Jae asked.

" Group A is done too." Min Jung reported.

" Nice. Group D have two more classrooms left here. Group A, B and C, I want you guys to look for the Targets. Report immediately if you found them!"  

" Sure!" 

" Minho you done?" Jae asked turning around to face him.

" Yeah! Let's locate the Targets." Minho answered shutting the door of the last empty classroom.

" Yeah."

" Group A reporting here, Target spotted at the 1st level. " Henry reported. 

" Both?" Minho asked.

" No, only one of them. " Min Jung answered.

" Cool. Easier to complete our task. Group B, I want you to assist Group A. Do not approach him carelessly, You got it?"

" Okay, got it."

" Jae, We found the other target!" Minho called out.

" Group C, we will need assistance here. Come right up to Level 4 through staircase 1, we are at staircase 2, cornering him once you are here. " Jae informed.

" Group C got it, coming right up to Level 4 through staircase 1!" H.Baekhyun answered.

" Okay." Jae and Minho waited till Group C reaches.

'Bait.' Jae signaled to H.Baekhyun. He took out a little bag from his pocket and signaled 'Okay.' back.

'We will corner him over to slowly. You distract him.' Minho signaled. H.Baekhyun and Dong Jun nodded. They work through as planned and one of the brothers are finally cornered with knowing himself. 

" GOTCHA!" They caught him.

" YES! GREAT JOB!" The grade 3 students cheered inside their class.

" Meow?" The cat meowed.

" Seems like this one we caught is the younger brother. " Dong Jun said as he carried the cat in his arms. 

" Yeah. He is the less bold one and slightly thinner." Jae commented. 

" Hey Tommy, let us return you to the Security Guard's office first before you do any stunts!" Minho said. As both Group C and D move onto their way to the Security Guard's office. They received another report from the other 2 groups.

" Jae! Assistance needed here! " Kyung Soo shouted through the Walkie Talkie.

" Got it! Dong Jun, Baek you two sent Tommy to the office. Minho and I will assist the others!" 

" YES!" 

" Group A, Group B! Location?!" Minho questioned.

" Currently at Level 1, Target headed up staircase 1!"

" Group B I want you to intercept him on the other end! Group A try to make him stay at the 2nd level! We will reach as fast as we can! Do not let Thomas ran away! " Minho and Jae made a dash towards staircase 2.

" Thomas, stay." Henry called out.

" REOW!HHSSSSSS!" The cat hissed.

" Nice kitty... Ni-nice..." Henry back away. Min Jung hid behind him. As Kyung Soo and Ji Young got to the other end of the level, Minho charged at the cat from Henry side.

" REOW!!" The cat charged at Kyung Soo and Ji Young on instinct to ran away from Minho.

" Thomas.. THOMAS NO! NO STOP THOMAS!" Kyung Soo exclaimed as the cat leaped towards him. Kyung Soo landed on the ground on his back but he managed to trap the cat in his arms.

" Kyungie!" Jae shouted. 

" Oh hey! I caught you Thomas!" Kyung Soo tried to stand up without letting the cat free. As he finally stood up, Dear Thomas did a stunt.

" RREEEOWWW!" The cat hissed again.  

" OUCH! YAH THOMAS! STOP IT!" Kyung Soo pulled the cat that is currently clawing at his face away from him.

" YAH STOP IT!" Minho pulled the cat away from Kyung Soo.

" This is definitely Thomas! Slightly plumper, bigger and bolder as compared to his brother." Jae said.

" How do you even know that they are brothers? " Ji Young asked out of curiosity.

" That's what the Security Guard, Uncle Kim said. He have been working here since 8 years ago so his words are reliable." Henry answered.

" You are Lucky Kyungie! The wounds weren't that deep." Jae examined the scratches on Kyung Soo's face.

" Yeah... But it hurts!" Kyung Soo said as he touched those scratches on his cheeks.

" BAD KITTY! SO BAD THOMAS!" Min Jung scolded.

" HSSS!!" The cat hissed again.

" Please guys! Let's just sent this villain back to the Guard house first! He is so dangerous!" Minho said as he protected himself from the cat claws.

" I am really curious... Why is the two of them 'Wanted' at all times?" Kyung Soo asked.

" Well .. Their initial responsibility is to catch those rats around school but instead they commit crimes other cat doesn't." Jae said.

" Like?" 

" Pushing all flower pots lying around the second level down to the first level. Stepping on Paints purposely and creating a long row of footsteps. And marking their territories anywhere and everywhere." Ji Young said.

" Marking their territories? " 

" It's just means urinating everywhere." Jae explained.

" Oh... I see." 

" Come on, let's just dress your wounds after sending Dear Thomas back!" 

~ End Flashback ~

" HAHAHAHA! Yeah! I remember that! Cause we always laugh at Kyung Soo saying that we could play Chess on his Face!" Chen laughed.

" Yeah! "

" I always remember Noona scolding Kyung Soo hyung 'Are you collecting scars like Tattoos?!'  And He will always say the same thing again and again, ' Sorry....' " H.Baekhyun imitated.

" HAHAHAHAHA! Expected from Kyung Soo!" 

" And yah, I am extremely curious about this! Why did Jae changed her style? " Sehun asked.

" Style?"

" Yes style. Like her uniforms and Hair style. She used to have long hair tied up in a pony tail and, but now she has short boyish hairstyle." B.Baekhyun added.

" We remembered clearly that Jae wore uniforms made for girls, so when and why did she change to wear the uniforms made for us guys?" Sehun added.

" That you have to ask those taking the scholarship. The girls." H.Baekhyun answered.

A/N: A long chapter! Hope you enjoy reading it!:D