All about Scholars!/Dinner at the Hwang's!

Images Of Life

" Ji Young, Min Jung?" 

" Yeah, I got it! " Ji Young said.

" We are the first batch of girls that got the chance to enter Shinhwa academy through scholarship. Students who registered for the scholarship have to go through IQ tests yearly and it is a must that they take on class/leadership roles. There are different types of scholarships though for both Boys and Girls. Music, if you can sing, play an instrument and all. Medical, If you wants to learn more about health and want to become a doctor in the future, this is based on grades. Art, if you have a talent in drawing, painting, designing, stitching, knitting, wood crafts, plastic..etc. Dance,  if you have some basics. Sports, if you are particularly talented in a certain places. Polyglot, For those who can speak more than 2 languages. And the last one... Polymath. Students in the Polymath are known as 'Superhuman' by us scholars. " Ji Young said.

" Why?" The whole class asked in unison. 

" I think it will be better if you explain it on the whiteboard." 

" Woah.. I didn't know that you guys were all listening~" Min Jung said as Ji Young and her moved towards the whiteboard.

" Since you said that the 'Polymaths' are superhuman... How many are there?" 

" One." Ji Young answered.

" What?! ARE YOU SERIOUS?!" 

" Yes... One and only one!" Min Jung added.

" What were you guys talking about." Jae walked into the classroom.

" Why were you back so fast?! "

" 45 minutes have past." 

" Yeah, so what were you guys talking about?" Kyung Soo followed behind. 

" The two of you... OUCH!" Chanyeol mumbled, getting hit by B.Baekhyun.

" Scholarship!" Ji Young answers.

" Oh. Which category?" Jae asked.

" Superhumans! ARGH! YOU ARE MEAN BAEKKIE HYUNG!" Chanyeol got hit once again.

" Polymath." Min Jung answered.

" Need my help?" 

" Sure~" Jae took over the markers from Ji Young and categorized the informations.

[From the Whiteboard]
' Polymath: Students who are talented in many things. A student with many skills.

This student must have at least be eligible for the scholarship of 3 different categories. If he/she knows about other stuffs, it's a bonus.' 

" So, which of those are all of you in?" Junho asked.

" AND WHO'S THAT ONE AND ONLY POLYMATH?!" Chansung shouted from the back of the class.

" I am under Art, drawings." Min Jung answered.

" I am under Music, singing." Ji Young said.

" And She is the Polymath." The two of them said pointing to Jae.

" Wow!" 

" You must be really skillful in many things!!" Seungri said.

" Not really." Jae said.

" WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY NOT REALLY?! IF YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT SKILLS YOU HAVE THAT HOW YOU BECAME THE POLYMATH?!" Minho yelled. 

" Erm... The scholars entered the school since they are 5 years old. How would they even know what skills they have when they are young?" Byung Ji said.

" Yeah exactly! They went through IQ tests first before entering this Academy. From what I know they were categorized into groups only after Grade 3 of Primary school." Ji Hoo added.

" They were purely chosen into categories by the teachers and Principals of Primary, Middle and High School. I heard that the Chairman of this Academy came too." Henry added.

" How do you even know?" Kai asked Henry. 

" You will know why when the day comes!" Henry grinned.

" Do you at least know what you are good at?" Gun Woo asked.

" Jae.. Why not you list out everything you are good at?" Ji Hoo suggested.

" I don't know.." Jae scratched her head.

" Let's take turns to List down then Uncle Ji Hoo!" H.Baekhyun said as he stood up and took over the markers from Jae. 

" Eh?! ME TOO?!" Ji Hoo took in a deep breath.

" Jung Ji Hoo Songsaenim, let's just stop here. " Jae requested.

" Oh okay!" He heaved a sigh of relief.

" Hey! Why?! I am so close to finding out your talents!" Chen grumbled.

" Find out about it yourself." Jae simply said.

" Okay! So, As to answering your questions earlier about why she changed her styles... We should start talking from Primary Grade 3." Min Jung said pointing to Jae.

" I will take over the explanation then." Jae said, somehow knowing what they were talking about as she sat on her table.

" When I first entered this school, I only went through loads of IQ tests and were informed that I will take those tests yearly and I have to take on leadership roles. If Ji Young or Min Jung did tell you guys about it, we were the first batch of girls under scholarship. " They nodded.

" According to history, Shinhwa Academy wasn't an all boys school. But when it reached our generation everything changed. Like other school girls, we wore school skirts and blouses. At the end of Primary Grade 3, all scholars were called into the teachers meeting room, informed that we were student leaders and were categorized into different Scholarship types. That's when I was categorized as 'Polymath' and a official student leader. That isn't the end, we girls are offered to wear the school uniforms made for you guys to blend into the school more since it's a boy's school. Many girls..all girls didn't accept the offer as they have to cut their hair, keep it short since the focus for us to wear School shorts and Pants were for us to blend in. I accepted it since days before I even knew about that offer I already cut my hair short. " Jae continued.

" But you could have rejected that offer! Why did you accept it?! " Mir exclaimed with a slight tone of frustration.

" I have 4 younger siblings to take care of, pants and shorts are more of a convenience for me." Jae explained. 

" You made me sound like a loser..." Ji Hoo mumbled to himself.

" You were busy studying for that major exam that time, I couldn't and wouldn't trouble you with such things." Jae said.

~ End of School ~ 

" See you later at dinner Uncle Ji Hoo." Jae said as she pulled H.Baekhyun out of the classroom. 

" JAE!!" Kyuhyun ran over and hugged her. 

" Am I that cuddly." Jae said trying to get herself free.

" Aww~ to me you are just like a teddy bear!" Kyuhyun let go of Jae.

" Where's Henry?" Seung Hwan asked walking towards them.

" Henry is eating out with my parents tonight Jae! " Kyuhyun said.

" Jae, I am going home first! I have to pack a week's luggage and inform Appa about my stay over, see you later at dinner!" Seung Hwan grinned.

" I would not detect any missing seats if you are not here." Kyuhyun mumbled. The two of them stared daggers at each other. 

" Let's go." Jae, H.Baekhyun and Kyuhyun headed home to change. In record time, Kyuhyun was waiting in Jae's house fully changed into his normal clothes. Middle school timings were a little bit dragged on for the day so Jong Yi, Woo Bin and Eun Hye will reach home later.

" Kyu, I am going to the supermarket. Baek wants to stay at home so if you want you could come along with me." Jae suggested. Baekhyun winked.

" Sure~" Kyuhyun winked to Baekhyun as he cheered on the inside. 

" You should totally thank me for not being a third wheel!" Baekhyun said as Jae and Kyuhyun walked out of the door.

" What are you intending on cooking tonight Jae~" Kyuhyun asked.

" I have no idea Kyu. Probably something that's not too spicy, a few dishes that's good enough with both Rice and Porridge. "

" Ermmm... HAH! How about Soup?" 

" Soup? Yeah maybe. Maybe Fish Cake Soup, since Seung Hwan is coming over." 

' Damn you Cho Kyuhyun! Why did you mention soup?!' Kyuhyun mentally cursed himself. Fish Cake Soup is Seung Hwan's favorite food.

" Okay..." Kyuhyun forced out a smile.

" Maybe Dumplings... I think Pork Cutlets will be in the list too." Jae said. 

" YOU HAVE TOTALLY NO IDEA HOW MUCH I AM CHEERING INSIDE NOW!!" Kyuhyun claimed.

" Well, I could hear that from your voice." 

" You are the best Jae!!" Kyuhyun slouched his arm over her shoulders.

" But you have to eat the vegetables. " 

" ARGH! I HATE VEGIES! " Kyuhyun whined.

" Have fun eating them with Seung Hwan then!~ You wouldn't fight with him right? Kyu~ " Jae laughed. Seung Hwan hates vegetables too!

" No~ But that's only if he does not challenged me! " 

~ That night during dinner ~

" HWANG SEUNG HWAN! THAT WAS MINE! " 

" IT DOESN'T HAVE YOUR NAME WRITTEN ON IT MR CHO KYUHYUN!" That poor piece of Pork cutlet became the victim of their chopstick war.

" JAE COOKED IT FOR ME CAUSED SHE KNOWS THAT IT'S MY FAVORITE!" Kyuhyun roared.

" JAE ALSO COOKED THIS FISH CAKE SOUP FOR ME!" Seung Hwan barked.

As the two battled, Jae picked the piece of Pork cutlet up with her chopsticks and ate it.

" Aww!" They whined.

" New rule: You must finish everything you have on your bowl."  Jae said. Kyuhyun and Seung Hwan however, continued their mini rival contest.

" Jong Yi. Woo Bin." Jae called out.

" Hn?" Jae signaled to the plate of vegetables in front of them. They nodded their heads with a cheeky grin on their faces.

" Kyu, Seung Hwan did you just heard what I said." Jae questioned as her two younger brothers acted like nothing happened at all for the past 30 seconds.

" YES." 

" Are you shouting at me now." 

" YES... N-no.. I mean no!" The two rivals quieten down.

" Good. Carry on eating then." The two were so busy staring at each other that they didn't realized what was on their bowl.

" Pfft.. Hehehehe..." Seung Hwan chuckled seeing Kyuhyun eating those vegetables obliviously.

" What are you laughing at!" Kyuhyun said sounding annoyed. But he was think and feeling totally different from the inside.

' Did Hwang Seung Hwan turned crazy? He is laughing even though he is swallowing those irritating VEGIES! YUCK!' He thought.

" At you stupid!" Seung Hwan smirked.

" For?" 

" Eating something obliviously!" Seung Hwan held back his laughter. Kyuhyun rolled his eyes but 

" WHEN DID THIS VEGIES APPEARED HERE?!" Kyuhyun couldn't believe what was in front of his eyes.

" How do I know stupid!" 

" Look at your own potion first before laughing at me!" Seung Hwan choked looking at his bowl. 

" How?!" The two of them questioned.

" The both of you promised that you will not fight and will eat some vegetables!" Baekhyun answered though he wasn't involved in the 'VEGIES SPROUTING' mini event.

" And Unni did said that you have to finish everything on your bowls!" Eun Hye added. 

" But Jae! He started it first!!" They whined pointing fingers at each other.

" Finish it." Jae's answer is firm.

" Ji Hoo hyung!!~" They turned their attention to Ji Hoo, showing their puppy eyes to gain 'accomplices'. Ji Hoo was about to say something until Jae cut him off.

" Mr Ji Hoo." Jae called out.

" Hehe..he.. Sorry guys! I am with Jae!" Ji Hoo awkwardly grinned. Both the rivals refused to believed the horrible process they are going through. 

" ARGH! IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!" Hopefully they will end their night peacefully.

~ Earlier that day ~

" Jaegie, I didn't see you this morning, where've you been?" Kyung Soo asked.

" On a rescue mission." 

" AHH~ That explains the bruises on Jong Yi and Woo Bin."

" Kyungie ah, What if we were elected as the Class President again?" 

" Hmm.... Then we will get into the election of Student head of level once again." 

" I guess so. By the way, how was your debut?" 

" Oh hehehehe.. I am still kinda having stage fright..." Kyung Soo blushed in embarrassment.

" Sing any songs every now and then and everything should be alright~" Jae lazily plopped down on the chair next to the basketball court.

" Yeah of course, I feel more confident when the whole EXO perform a song together. It's so much better than just me and Baekhyun singing 'What Is Love' alone." Kyung Soo sat down on a chair next to her.

" That's good to hear~" 

" Good to hear?" 

" That means that you guys are bonded as a group. And no one is to be left out!" 

" Ahh.. I see." Kyung Soo took a moment to understand what Jae meant.

" Wanna grab something to drink?" 

" Sure." 

" Same as usual?" Kyung Soo stood up from the chair. Jae nodded as she lay her head on the table. When Kyung Soo came back with two packet of fresh milk, Jae was already in deep dreams. 

" That was fast." Kyung Soo sat down quietly and sat the other packet of milk next to Jae's head.

~ Earlier that evening ~

" You have no idea how ecstatic I am now!!" Donghyun gleamed.

" What Donghyunnie hyung?" Minwoo asked sounding a little bit restless.

" I AM IN THE SAME CLASS AS JAE!" Donghyun cheered.

" But I am sad to tell you that your happiness will not stay for long Hyung. " Min Woo said as he glared at Hyunseong.

" Minwoo ah! I said that I was sorry! Can't you just forgive me?!" Hyunseong grumbled.

" HMMP!" Minwoo crossed his arms and pouted.

" Minwoo ah!" Hyunseong tried again.

" What happened guys? " Donghyun asked feeling totally puzzled at the situation before him, especially those injuries on Hyunseong. Where did he got them from? They were walking back to their dorm. 

" Minwoo ah! We are sorry! Please~" Jeongmin apologized too.

" Not convincing!" 

" Tell hyung what happened Magnae ah." Donghyun said as he pulled Minwoo next to him.

" The four of them bashed up my friends! "

" WHAT?!" Donghyun froze in his steps.

" Who are they?" Donghyun composed himself and asked.

" Jong Yi and Woo Bin! Worst thing is that THEY ARE JAE NOONA'S DONGSAENGS!" Minwoo yelled out in frustration. People would swear that they saw a 'rock figurine' of Donghyun if they were to walk pass.

" Great. Now I am in deep ." Hyunseong mumbled.

" YOU TOTALLY ARE! " Donghyun yelled.

" Shim Hyunseong, Lee Jeongmin, Jo Youngmin, Jo Kwangmin. The four of you are gonna apologize sincerely to them tomorrow! UNDERSTAND?" 

" Yes." 

" Let's invite them over for dinner hyung!" Minwoo tug at his leader's arm.

" Sure, I don't see why not to!" Donghyun smiled.

" Dinner?! Why hyung! " Hyunseong furrowed his brows.

" Didn't you say something?" Donghyun raised his brows. 

" No." Hyunseong said dejectedly as he received the message that implies 'You better not have any opinions.' Donghyun had sent down his spine. 

" So you forgave us?" The twins, Youngmin and Kwangmin asked.

" No. I will see what Jae Noona says tomorrow." Minwoo folded arms.

" Oh come on!" The twins whined, each grabbing one of his arms. They lifted him up and ran towards their destination.

" YAH STOP IT HYUNG! PUT ME DOWN!" Minwoo screamed though he obviously enjoyed it.