Out

Doppelganger Project

O "Shut your face!" Kwangmin yelled at Minwoo.

"Oh i'm sorry. I will stop ok youngmin? Oh wait " Minwoo broke out in another laugh that made his hyung want to punch him. 

Donghyun had confused Kwangmin with Youngmin that morning seeing as he had been under a lot of stress lately and was tired. He apologized, but Minwoo thought it was hilarious and hasn't let it go. Youngmin ignored him but just by looking at his twin..this isn't going to end well. Hyuk wasn't sure how to tell his new friend that he was pushing it. He sent a look at Hongbin who had been watching as well a uncertain look. Leo had been watching the whole thing from behind his coffee mug in the kitchen. If you are around the twins and pay attention you can differentiate them enough. Even with their similarities they are two different people, plus one has lighter hair. Hyunseong had been making pancakes around the quiet vocalist that didn't want to get involved. He was almost done and also worked with Jeongmin following him around the kitchen complaining about being tired since he was bed jacked by Ravi again and hungry. Hyunseong didn't like the picture of the two sharing a bed in his mind , but he wasn't going to say it. " I'm sure he doesn't do it on purprose, get the plates breakfast is ready".  Hongbin watched jeongmin trying to reach the plates at the top of the cabinet almost wincing at the sight but relieved when Leo went over and took some down for him. "Hey guys looks like the foods ready let's all go eat!"He mediated as best as he could. Hyuk led Minwoo away from the heated kwangmin and towards the kitchen.Youngmin made Kwangmin look at him rather than glaring after their maknae. "We all know you are your own person ok? He's just being stupid and we are twins. It's only natural for people to be confused every now and then. Don't let it get to you" Kwangmin just nodded. 

In reality it had already gotten to him. The second Donghyun had realized his mistake he looked like he was really else where and the apology was slowly drawn out. He knew he favored Youngmin as well and had a soft spot for Minwoo. There was no point in being envious it just sometimes. He wants to stop thinking about it. He unclenches his fists and let's out a long sigh. 'It's all in my head'. Maybe for the next concept he can be blonde or even have purple hair or something. Vixx usually gets cool hair colors why can't they.  He poked at his scrambled eggs and hesitated to reach for the syrup that was across from his seat by his undesirable roommate. The tv was on to make the atmosphere more lively , but the room was more dead when they were on it It had a clip from their performance and a female host talking a bout an early release of the never before attempted clones that they had contributed to. It wasn't supposed to happen for weeks. They didn't even know the project was even working. Nothing was told to them. They all froze. Even Ravi who walked into the room who had just woken up. This was bad. Only the sound of the Tv and a vibrating sound. N was one of the few whose mouths hasn't dropped and he was the leader to check the phone on the table. 

Hello Boys, I hope you saw the surprise! The Experiment was a success I expect profits to sky rocket as well as both of the groups popularity. There will be a performance tonight but other than that enjoy your free time and congratulations. 

-Manager

N had read it out loud to them. This is a good thing right? It was the whole point of doing this and coming together. He looked at the others who ate silently. It was the first time anyone had actually seen Leo go to his room since move in day. Donghyun just kept reading the message over and over to himself. He handed the tv remote to  Ravi who had just sat down and went to his room as well. Hyunseong followed concerned and N knew he had to go figure out what this meant with him. What were they supposed to do? How were they supposed to feel. Ravi wiped his eyes with his arm sleepily and let Hyuk put on a variety show to distract those remaining from the serious topic. Jeongmin tapped Ravi on the shoulder "Hey man the single bed is mine so stop sleeping in it!". He wasn't sure what he meant at first. That explains a lot he recently had a dream that he was cuddling with N  after a very long day, but in reality it was Jeongmin he was hugging in his sleep. He started to blush embarassed and looked away from the singer. The shorter rolled his eyes' unbelievable is this guy just going to ignore me?' "I will take that as a it won't happen again". He pats Ravi on the shoulder and goes back to his plate now getting cold. Ravi cursed ken for not waking him up and making him go to his own bed. come to think of it where is Ken?

Ken was standing outside of Leo's bedroom door not sure if he should ask if he is ok or give him space. He just sat across from the door frame and stared at it. He stayed that way until he dozed off. Ravi walked by and put a towel over his face, it wasn't until later that day when Leo walked by and took it off his face. He looked at Ken who hadn't had a real reaction and frowned It was going to be a long day, he wondered how he was taking the surprise. The coners of his mouth tugged slightly becasue Ken looks very charming when he's asleep.  A few moments later Hongbin walked by and decided to wake him up they had to practice for their performance soon and he hadn't even showered. "Are you alive ? You have been sitting in the hallway for an hour now. We are going to be leaving soon" He was genuinely concerned . Everyone had been a little shook from the announcemment earlier. Ken tried his best to play it off. "Oh yea i was just really tired I guess. I will be ready soon" He smiles and motions for Hongbin to go about what he was doing before. He gets up off the floor and rubs the back of his neck . 

Meanwhile the leaders had been discussing a lot. N had been ready for a while and was  sitting on the ladder to his top bunk.

"well we knew this was going to happen. Would be nice to know before the press though"

"Yea , but there's nothing we can do. We should just focus on this performance and sticking together" Donghyun zips up his sweater and motions for Hyunseong to get up.

" You don't sound so excited. Do you think we made the right decision?" N was now leaning in the doorway to their shared room.

Hyunseong looks at Donghyun waiting for an optimistic answer "Let the fans answer that". With that the headed out and called out after the others. N brushed his bangs out of his face. Couldn't they just come up with holograms? Oh well nothing can replace the real N. He followed behind with a renewed determination resonating within. Hyuk and Minwoo had apparently already found where they were going to pre sell their clones . There was a lot of talk about the groups on social media asking numerous questions it was really easy to lose track of what they were saying exactly. The pictures used so far where their current pictures of the idols themselves so still there is no peak of what these beings are really. Leo who had Ravi sitting on him due to the tight space in their ride tried to distract himselfby looking out the window or focusing on the song he was listening to. He hopes his clone isn't altered in any way. It probably can't have any of the memories he has or opportunity to play soccer with the other clones, but essentially it shouldn't be any more social or have some sentences already programmed to recycle to any random fan. Ns shouldn't be any lighter, taller or less sassy and kens shouldn't be any less... out there. Talkative, spirited and funny. Leo stopped. Ken is just. Looking right at him? He pretended he wasn't the second Leo's cool eyes flashed toward him who kwangmin was sitting silently on top off. Things really are starting to be very different , Leo just leaned his head back and closed his eyes. Kwangmin noticed ken was acting weird.

"Hey are you okay?" Ken wasn't expecting the sudden question and avoided his eyes

"Yea i'm ok why ?" Kwangmin gives him a skeptical look

"Just asking.Have you ever had a girlfriend?" It's funny you think he would've been asked that more being an Idol

"Oh um No" Ken admits more shyly now 

"Boyfriend?" Kwangmin has the same sincere facial expression on 

"What the hell kind of question?" Ken prayed the others weren't listening espescially Leo, Luckily they were all kind of in their wn little bubbles

" A straightforward one? I don't judge" He smiled at him

This kid sure is weird " No. I haven't" 

He nods and looks down before speaking up again " Do you ever worry about how someone would see you for your true personality instead of this idea they might have of you?"  

Ken can see he was still thinking about this morning. It must be hard if people expect you to be the same as your twin , for a 4D pikachu like kwangmin he must not feel so sure of himself as others. He smiled at him "Sometimes, but then i tell myself those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind". Ken was also sort of the weird one in his group. He still shows his personality as much as he can despite that fact and he knows he still wins the hearts of many of his fans so he must be doing something right. 

They reach their destination in time for a practice and rehearsal on the stage they will be performing on. They didn't have to bring any clothes or makeup since they will have stylist and make up artist. It probably wasn't so great to cram this particular group of twelve people in one room. Sure other groups do it all the time, but they had trained together for months while they on the other hand had only been together for a week or so. Jeongmin was trying to talk the sylist into letting him wear a different outfit. Minwoo was still on the stage dancing to music even though everyone was calling him to finish getting his hair done. Donghyun apologized to the woman  threatening him with a flat iron while some others giggled and thought he was cute. He walked on to the stage to drag him off personally. 

"Get over here now!" The leader called.

"But hyung I love this song " Minwoo whined and contained to dance further and further away sliding across with his sneakers everytime he got closer. 

Donghyun was feeling the weight of the day pressing down on his shoulders. He grabbed  Minwoo by the arm and pulled him his way. He bumped into the leaders chest and put on an annoyed expression. 'Stop trying to be cute i'm the one mad at you!'. He put his hand on his back and gestured to  the room. Minwoo stuck his tounge out  " I'm going. I'm going. tsk" He stormed off into the direction of the ladies. Donghyun sighed 'why is he like this with me?'. Ravi was done already and was chatting with N .There was something mischevious about him, It could be just excitement , but His partner in crime just went with it and basked in the leaders radiance. his smile really was contagious. Leo was getting his make up done along with hongbin and kwangmin who asked to get something differnet than Youngmin who sat with Hyunseong and Hyuk talking about a superhero movie they want to go see. At the end they were all still wearing some type of black and white and outfits that weren't too casual or dressy. They were standing on the side ready for their cue. Donghyun was really nervous and he didn't even have to sing . N slapped his back " Looking a little stiff there,relax our hours of practice will pay off...as for the other stuff I have a plan". Donghyun was scared to ask about this so called plan because he and N really were different people who knows what he could have come up with. N called for the others to get ready to walk out. They all listened and some even looked excited like Minwoo who had honed the song since debut and Ken who was smiling as if the whole morning never even happened. 

The fan chats were something else. It was amazing. They called out each group and member and additional words of affection for all twelve, they could only imagine how loved Super Junior felt or Exo when they first debuted. It was almost like they were copies of eachother themselves because of how synchronized they were. The cheers and energy that was all over the place felt like they were healing. It was really a very reassuring performance and felt like it was over way sooner than anyone wanted. 

You know something is up when Ken offers to drive everyone home after dinner. Many of them were too tired to question it , but Leo knew. Ken could see it in his eyes when he made the mistake of looking in the mirror. N was sitting shotgun dictating directions to their driver while ravi sat behind him being very much aware of the plan that was now in action. Donghyun was the first to say something.

"Weren't you supposed to take that road that just passed?" Ken had to play stupid.

"No i'm sue this is the faster route" He nudged N to jump in.

"Yea it's the fastest route to the lab without us getting caught" He said so casually.

"Stop the car NOW!" Donghyun panicked causing the others to be concerned.

"Relax it's not as bad as it sounds. Kwangmin managed to distract someone long enough for Jeongmin to take the access card.. well borrow " Ravi wasn't helping.

"He did what?" Youngmin asked.

"So you stole something Jeongmmin? Kwangmin how could you guys  keep this a secret from me?" He looked a bit betrayed. 

"Borrowed"Jeongmin corrects earning a frown from Hyunseong and a smile from Minwoo.

"Aren't you guys curious too?" Was Kwangmin's only response. 

They all started to get out of the car when they reached their destination. Youngmin didn't really want to go , but he sure as hell wasn't going to sit in the car by himself in the dark in an unknown area. Donghyun is still against it and looks at Leo who seems to be the most sensible one around. He doesn't give away much through his stare ,but follows them out of the car as well. Frustrated Donghyun had no option left and followed insisting they all stay quiet. Jeongmin pulled out the access card and swiped them in, but stopped hard on his heels when he saw a security gaurd at the desk monitoring something. Seeing as they were eleven people behind him he was sent straight to the ground and bit his fist so that he wouldn't make a sound. Hyunseong bent down to ask if he was okay . Jeongmin sushed him and pulled him down further as low as he was . If they were low and close enough to the desk the gaurd wouldn't be able to see them if he wasn't watching the camera as it seemed he wasn't. He was watching something on his phone or playing a game it seemed, he woudn't know what was right under his nose. The others stared at the two. Minwoo tilted his head , to him it looked like Jeongmin was holding hyunseongs arm and was leaning into his shoulder facing away from them. He shuddered at his young imagination. They proceeded to crawl on the ground as if training for the military quickly to get to the other side before motioning for the others to follow. They all got on the floor trying not to make any sounds and be ninjas about this operation. However there will be people like Ken who looked like he was doing the worm and people like Leo who was on the other side along with N in the matter of seconds. The hallways were still very brightly lit even though it was past midnight. Jeongmin used the floor labeled on the pass to figure out what floor they had to go to. 

"Forget this clone stuff I say we all get into the drama bussiness because that was some skill just now guys" Ravi joked once they were in the elevator making their way to the 6th floor.While everyone shushed him causing Leo to laugh a little to himself. Once they got there every door looked the same it was rediculous who ever designed the place had no imagination. How were they ever going to find anything? 

"Why don't we-" Hongbin was going to make a suggestion before youngmin cut him off

"You better not say split up because NO" He get's kind of scared sometimes. He doesn't even like to go pee at night because the hallways are so dark espescially in a new house.

"I was going to say for Jeongmin to check the key card for more information" Hongbin finished. A few of them hovered over it trying to mak sense of something. Leo noticed there was a strange glow from underneath one of the doors

He walked bumbed Hyuk "Look" he squinted his eyes and couldn't figure out what he was talking about so Leo just went the door himself.

He turned to ask Jeongmin for the card "Hey um I think this it" he whispered. They all moved towards it and watched him unlock it together.Turns out it was unlocked already making him hesitate to push it open.Donghyun tried to remember his contract trying to remember how these things were activated or um Awaken? They all looked at eachother and then to N and Donghyun. N nodded and reached out to push the door. None of them knew what to expect but the room was filled with at least ten clones of each and every single one of them. 

 "Oh Cha Hakyeon" He could not have heard a stranger sound and yet what could be more familiar than ones own name?

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Oh snap look at that a cliff hanger. Sorry it took so long for me to update,  if you are still interested in my story I don't know what more i could ask for <3