Waking Up

Guys, It's okay to be me!

The day was long and then the night even longer. The guys were allowed to stay overnight for the remainder of the week, however as YooChun’s injuries healed enough for him to go home JaeJoong was moved to a private room and they had work to do despite everything. Fan signings were cancelled for the time being, though members attended interviews and other things to help people get as much information as possible.

After the second week, things seemed to die down and the guys were given more free time. Bruises disappeared and bones were slowly healing. Every spare moment he had, YunHo went to the hospital to see JaeJoong. The nurses enjoyed his company but honestly YunHo didn’t care about them. Only JaeJoong. How long was he going to sleep? His injuries weren’t that bad, yet he was still sleeping. There wasn’t any brain damage that the tests could pick up. Maybe he just…needed a break?

Groaning at that thought, Yunho looked down at his phone at the last picture of JaeJoong he’d taken before the accident. Would he be awake already if YunHo had gone along with them? Was JaeJoong so upset that he’d run away then that he decided to just hide in his mind? Looking around the room briefly before then moving forward, Yunho took JaeJoong’s hand in his and kissed the older male’s eyes before then going down to kiss his lips. Yunho wasn’t sure what he was expecting from that, however when JaeJoong didn’t stir, Yunho sighed and sat back down and laid his forehead against JaeJoong’s slowly raising chest.

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

JaeJoong didn’t realize he was sleeping all this time. Dreaming, JaeJoong’s life with YunHo flashed before his eyes the entire time he slept. Their time together before the group broke into two, then the time they were two separate groups. It was sad. He’d missed Yunho so much. Then the groups got back together and things were better. Then he and Yunho became more than friends and JaeJoong was ecstatic.  

That night that they kissed and talked for so long kept appearing in his dreams over and over again. He was happy. They were happy. And then those dreams would turn sour and remind him of the last time he saw Yunho. The larger male had left in his car, choosing not to join them. Maybe JaeJoong was overthinking it. Maybe Yunho was just tired and wanted to go back to the dorm and sleep. Over and over again, Jaejoong went back and forth in his dreams until finally he felt lips press against his lips.

Struggling to get out of his dream state, it took JaeJoong an hour to finally wake up after Yunho had kissed him and made him decide the world was worth waking up to instead of hiding from. Feeling something against his chest, JaeJoong groaned and moved his hand to feel what was against his chest. Hair…a nose…a face. Whose face? Squinting in the darkness of the room, JaeJoong tried to sit up and then groaned in pain and laid back down. He had pain meds flowing through the IV in his arm, however it was enough for a sleeping JaeJoong, not an awake one.

Yun..ho?” JaeJoong asked, looking at the sleeping form of Yunho. The larger male his lips some and moved a little in the obviously uncomfortable position he was crouched in. Reaching a hand forward, JaeJoong shook YunHo’s shoulder some and watched as he suddenly jumped awake. Yunho then looked around before his eyes fell on JaeJoong and his face instantly lit up.

You’re awake?!” Yunho asked, quickly grabbing JaeJoong’s hands and moving to get a closer look. “Yeah…” JaeJoong responded, his voice hoarse as he tried to look around in the dimly lit room. “What happened?” JaeJoong asked, big doll-like eyes turning towards Yunho as he moved to turn the light on with a controller. The flash of light blinded JaeJoong and he quickly covered his eyes with a hiss. Of course YunHo apologized right away and went to turn the light off, only for JaeJoong to stop him.

It’s fine…leave the lights on.” JaeJoong said, slowly opening his eyes now. With the light on, JaeJoong could see Yunho’s face easier and could also see the bags under his eyes. “What happened?” JaeJoong asked again, this time more firmly so he’d get an answer. “You don’t remember?” YunHo asked, causing JaeJoong to bite down on the inside of his lower lip and think about the last thing he remembered. Drawing a blank on what could have landed him in the hospital, JaeJoong then moved to sit up some, only for Yunho to caution him to stay laying down.

You were in a car accident, JaeJoong. You’ve been unconscious for two and a half weeks…” Was unconscious the word? Maybe sleeping. Either way, JaeJoong’s eyes widened at this revelation. “Two and a half weeks?” He then remembered the accident suddenly and his eyes shut closed quickly as his hands went to his head. JaeJoong didn’t hear the gasp that came from YunHo nor did he feel the other move close and wrap his arms around JaeJoong’s frail body. It wasn’t until the sudden sharp pain in his head disappeared that JaeJoong realized he was being held by Yunho.

Ohgod please be okay…” Yunho was muttering over and over again as he held onto JaeJoong. Loosening his grip on Yunho’s arm, JaeJoong didn’t even realize he’d been gripping to the other until he’d started to let go. Yunho then pulled away some to look at JaeJoong as he looked back at him. “Are you okay?!” Yunho asked, holding him close. JaeJoong nodded gently and then his lips gently before leaning in and resting his head on Yunho’s shoulder.

My head hurts…” JaeJoong said, moving to hold onto Yunho’s hand. Yunho moved to kiss JaeJoong’s forehead and then smooth his hand across JaeJoong’s temple. “I’ll go get the doctor for you. Lay don’t and don’t move too much, okay?” Yunho said before then moving to pull away. JaeJoong’s grip tightened on Yunho’s hand though as he shook his head. “Don’t leave. I’ll be fine…just…don’t leave me alone” JaeJoong was afraid, though he wasn’t sure why. He’d been in the hospital before, he wasn’t afraid of them. Maybe it was the thought of having been asleep for two weeks that scared him. What if he fell asleep and didn’t wake up for a month? No, JaeJoong just wanted to hold onto Yunho. Yunho sighed gently and nodded, wrapping his arms around JaeJoong again to hold him.

If the pain becomes too much let me know, okay?” Yunho asked, causing JaeJoong to nod then wince slightly at the pain of nodding his head. 

 

------------

AN:// Ahhh it's been a while, hasn't it?! I'm still here ^o^ I will continue working on this story so please continue reading as I update ^^; Even if it's not that good hehe