Lonely Melody

One at a time

 

He was happy. Very happy. Only one week more to be discharged from the hospital. The exciting feeling was beyond this world. He hoped that, anyways, super junior hasn’t forgotten about his place in their songs. He closed his eyes and breathed carefully but deep, before shifting in his bed till the front was the ceiling. He exhaled, remembering last night with Sungmin. He failed to contain his heart at the moment he replayed what happened after his voice came back.

 

 

----Flashback----

 

 

-“..I can talk again” and after that, his eyes couldn’t hold back the tears that he had been suppressing. He felt his hand being tightly gripped, with a tender feeling. He knew it was Sungmin, and he wanted to thank him because it was because of him and his stupid and cute acting that he could bring his vocal cords to work again. He tried and open his eyes but all that was displayed before them was an abstract painting of blurry colors. His tears refused to permit any understandable image in his mind. There could be another way to thank his hyung, different than with his pathetic face covered in tears. No, he shouldn’t let his hyung see him, but he must thank him. He brought the free hand and after calming the heck down, he placed it on top of Sungmin’s tightening his grip as he lowered his head even more.

 

 

Sungmin smiled silently as his eyes studied Kyuhyun’s figure with tenderness. His hand traveled to his shoulder, where he caresses with his thumb the bridge between his neck and shoulder. A slight shudder appeared under the confident hand, but the older decided to ignore that an instead brighten up the mood.

 

 

-“I knew it all this time”

 

 

Kyuhyun fought his desire, no, necessity to look at Sungmin’s eyes at that very moment, since he knew how atrocious he must be looking. To make it all worse, the sweet touch of Sungmin was driving him crazy by now and he couldn’t help and want to get closer to him.

 

 

-“Hyung,” he decided and do it orally instead. “..Thank you”

 

 

Not even knowing if he thanked Sungmin for making him talk, for going to visit him, for being nice to him all the time, or for another reason, he talked and Sungmin smiled from ear to ear. Kyuhyun blinked several times so that his tears fell in his blanket and fixated his eyes into Sungmin’s orbs, bravely. His smile vanished and his eyes mirrored a little anguish, Probably the same as me, Kyuhyun thought at the sight.

 

 

-“I am serious when I thank you hyung. I know you realize how important singing is for me. It’s my life. It’s what I love the most”

 

 

-“Kyuhyun-ah.. I know that, believe me when I say I am so happy that you can come back to our group soon and participate in our new MV” he said, now more relaxed, his eye-smile cutely showing his baby features.

 

 

Kyuhyun smiled faintly and let the mood be lightened by his hyung.

 

 

-“I must go now Kyuhyun-ah. Now for real”

 

 

-“so you were indeed acting”

 

 

-“I was.”

 

 

-“If I am able to notice then you must be a bad actor, hyung” he teased smiling hugely.

 

 

-“Ungrateful brat!” the older hit him in his arm, to what immediately Kyuhyun squeezed his eyes and let out a painful cry.

 

 

-“Kyuhyun-ah! Are you okay!? Omona, I am sorry! Should I call the nurse..” he said already getting up looking at the door. He heard a chuckle from behind and he snapped his eyes back, an offended look in them.

 

 

-“Hyung, seems like I am a better actor”

 

 

Sungmin smiled embarrassed as he showed his gummy smile, that Kyuhyun had to struggle not to look like a retarded person, lost in the beauty.

 

 

-“I was actually playing with you before, and you anyways desperately called out for me not to go…” his eyes looked at the ceiling, landing at the window, and then at his Dongsaeng eyes. Now was Kyuhyun’s turn to hide his embarrassment behind the back of his hand.

 

 

The both laughed. Sungmin was right, he was desperate for him not to go…

 

 

-“See you soon, Kyuhyun-ah,” he smiled as he gathered his belongings and directed his feet to the door, where he took a look at the younger, again “I’ll tell Leeteuk so he can be calm, he’s been a little irritating lately, we’ll be more busy from tomorrow Kyuhyun-ah, so we will probably not be able to come for next week, but we’ll wait for you to finish the mv”

 

 

He smiled and the Maknae could only nod as the other waved goodbye and left, his steps still audible to his ears.

 

 

---End of Flashback----

 

 

He breathed out as he tried a comfortable position. It’s going to be a very lonely week, tho. But he could sing again soon, and that was more exciting than being alone was sad.

 

 

                                                                    ****

 

 

The next day, Kyuhyun was very lonely all day. None of the members came nor sent him a message. He was really depressed that they had forgotten completely about him. Not even because he could talk again they came to say hello or confirm it. Kyuhyun decided he would train his voice for when they decided to come. He knew they had probably had recording and that is why they didn’t come visit. He took his music notebook, and tried and clear his throat for the first time in the day. He hadn’t been in the mood to talk although the nurse had gone to check up on him, and had congratulated happily for that. Kyuhyun had smiled back and said ‘thank you’ to what she commented his voice was really beautiful. But after that she noticed he wasn’t willing to loose his tongue this soon.

 

 

When he was finally trying to sing the first note of the music notebook, he got scared and closed his lips. He kept reading the book but the fear of messing the notes with his newly voice was there. He forced a deep breath into his lungs and freed the warm air after some seconds.

 

 

He prepared his finger under the first note and opened his mouth, letting the melodies escape his lips for the first time after the accident.

 

 

                                                                      ****

 

 

-“Cut!” the director shouted as he got up from where he was seating and approached the scene. “Okay, guys, you are doing well, now make up!” he signaled the girl, who hurriedly walked to them and began doing touch ups. “We have a long night to go, so please stay up, you can go eat later” he said and after 2 seconds he was gone, who knows where to.

 

 

The group was already tired, but still managed to get to their positions. Eunhae was playing roughly with loud laughter. After that the director came back, shushing them.

 

 

Siwon laughed at them, but then he got shushed too. Shindong tried and hold back a laughter, and Siwon snapped a glare at him, ‘don’t you dare’ was written on his iris.

 

 

-“Stop playing around, you’re already grown enough” the director said, a little exasperated.

 

 

-“Kibummie is still little” Kangin said while he grabbed the smaller boy by his neck in a friendly lock.

 

 

-“Agh” Kibum complained while trying to break free from the bear’s grip. “But the immature one is you..” he voiced lowly, only some of the members able to catch what he said, Kangin included.

 

 

-“Yah!” his eyes annoyed at the younger, who flashed his big, beautiful smile to his hyung, and he couldn’t help but smile too, forgetting what he was mad about.

 

 

-“Someone can please message Kyuhyun after this and send him the lyrics of the song? He has at least to try and memorize them; he’ll have a solo part in the song”

 

 

-“Me!” Donghae shouted, but his voice sounded spliced with and when he looked around, he found a confused Sungmin, his hand also raised up in the air.

 

 

-“Donghae, you go” the director said, and Donghae nodded a little embarrassed to have looked so eager to meet the Maknae.

 

 

Sungmin was blushing even more, because he volunteered in vain. He scratched his nape and continued rehearsing the dance. I wanted to go, Kyuhyun-ah hasn’t seen my new haircut…

 

 

-“To your positions, we’re gonna film scene 5 and 6..” they heard the director command and then the music in the background started playing. It was getting really dark now.

 

 

                                                                       ****

 

 

The nurse was coming with the tray of food, a jelly and some oranges, and now he was allowed to eat some solid foods, like bread. She was whistling but a low melody took her out of her reverie. She quietly approached the sound, completely drawn to it. She noticed it came from Kyuhyun’s room. It couldn’t be…

 

 

She stayed close to the door, hesitating about knocking; it would definitely make the younger shut up in fear. His voice was amazing, she had to admit.

 

 

-“Kyuhyun-ssi” she stated with the lowest voice she could make, but Kyuhyun kept singing melodiously over her voice. She took the doorknob and slowly twisted it, attracting the attention of two big black orbs.

 

 

-“Kyuhyun-ssi, your dinner,” she smiled as she entered the room, a disappointed look on her face since she quieted the gifted patient. She left the tray over the side table, and sat beside Kyuhyun, on the chair.

 

 

He smiled shyly at her, his cheeks somewhat tinted with the pinkish color, demonstrating his awareness of her listening to his singing.

 

 

-“I can notice your voice had become much better since it came back” she smiled more widely at him and took the hem of her skirt. “Could you please keep singing that beautiful song? I was so happy to hear you singing again” she beamed at him and Kyuhyun felt touched by her sincerity. Her eyes seemed to hide many emotions. I didn’t know she was really worried about me, they have millions of patients, I always tought that they were indifferent of them..

 

 

-“I-I..” he stuttered, and she laughed, looking at him with happiness in her eyes.

 

 

-“If you feel uncomfortable is okay” she said, still smiling and got up to arrange the little table over Kyuhyun’s lap and place the tray over there.

 

 

-“I’ll be around, if you need me, just click the button, and I’ll come” she motions to the direction of the button, which the younger perfectly acknowledged by now, and it was probably unnecessary to state it again.

 

 

She walked to the door, and opened it, walking through. But midway her eyes got wider at the beautiful voice that entered her hearing and invaded with pleasure her system. Her eyes turned to the younger, that was looking at his feet under the white cloth, but singing his heart out.

 

 

When he finished the chorus, he smiled tightly and looked at her with shyness.

 

 

She was really happy standing by the door with her papers and folders.

 

 

-“Your voice is amazing, Kyuhyun-ssi” she complimented him, “Keep delighting us with you gifted voice, ne?” she closed her eyes and turned around to leave.

 

 

-“Thank you for you sincerity” he said and doubted that she understood what he meant, but he still wanted to say it.

 

 

-“I’ll be outside” she smiled for the last time before leaving. Kyuhyun felt genuinely happy that his voice had been complimented after almost surrendering to the misery of the idea of never singing again. Now he was not depressed anymore, since she had at least a nurse friend that could be truly happy with his voice coming back. He decided to strive more till he gets his voice to what it was befo-No, to get his voice better than before.

 

 

His thoughts faded in an instant when a vibration chinked over the side table. A message.

 

 

 

From: Donghae-hyung

 

Hey! I am coming over tomorrow so be sure to be there! :)

-------

Today, 20:27

 

 

 

He smiled at the message; his hyung is like a little child. Well, at least they didn’t plan to leave him alone for the whole week. He reread the message as he took a mouthful of jelly in his mouth.

 

 

I am always here, how could I not... idiot…

 

________________________________________________________

 

 

Hello!!!!!! It's been almost 3 weeks! damn, my school is draining me! but today I finishe dmy homework quickly and finished for once this chapter that I had left incomplete.! I am so sorry... Please enjoy this and I want to thank you for your patience of steel T.T 

Please comment your mind down here, I love to read your comments always, they cheer me up every time :)~~

Check up on my other fic if you haven't ~~ After the Storm, Always comes the Rainbow ~~

 

I'll read you on the next chapter! Kyu can sing prettily again~~ it's not gonna be long until that little kido goes back into the dorms and start to snark around with his hyungs.. haha but why does Donghae want to go with Kyuhyun if he can send him by email... he must want to see him..