What Happened?

One at a time

 

All the way at the subway Kyuhyun didn’t even blink in Donghae’s direction and that made the latter feel really bad, sinking into his seat more and more every second. Why did he act like it was his fault when he was the one who saved him? Wasn’t it supposed to be backwards? Kyuhyun was a real strange person. Donghae’s innocence was preventing him from an actual analysis. Like Kyuhyun is being such a jerk. It’s also our failure as group members. Next time we have to remember every one of us. No, everything that came to his mind was Why does he treat me like this when I saved him?

 

 

When they arrived to their destination the subway opened slowly the doors and the first to go out was the Maknae, followed by a creepy fish. Once outside the station, the walk turned into a chasing game; Kyuhyun rapidly walking without back glances, and Donghae following behind as fast as he could to take the pace. The houses were quaint and picturesque. Donghae liked them very much but with a running devil his eyes couldn’t appreciate them properly. Obviously Kyuhyun didn’t even care about Donghae. All he wanted to do was get there film the freaking thing and get back to the dorm so he could go bury himself under a couch, being that not even room was owned by him. A couch would do, as long as nobody freaking talked to him until the next day.

 

 

Donghae wanted to slyly ask something so he could then somehow chain their conversation to the point of what happened, because Hell he wanted to know! But apparently Kyuhyun and his mouth were on strike. As the younger crossed the corner that lead to the filming set, there was only the van and the 4 detectives Shindong, Kangin, Heechul and Leeteuk, waiting all scattered around the vehicle, Resting their bodies against it, or walking in a circling pace, except Heechul, whose posture was like a photograph, his hands holding his chin and hip, respectively.

 

 

Donghae caught up to the Maknae and past him, his footsteps making much noise. Leeteuk turned his head in a flash and his eyes got a little watery after picturing the figure before him. Heechul made an audible sigh and let his hands fall to his sides. Kyuhyun was looking to the floor, didn’t even bothered to look up because he was sure they would all be mad instead o-

 

 

To his surprise a pair of arms enveloped him gently, and his posture got tense all of a sudden, his fists clenching a little his t-shirt. Those arms where so caring, so gentle.

 

 

-“I-… I’m so glad” had not been the voice right next to his ear he wouldn’t have heard the cracking sound it made at the last word. Leeteuk was hugging him, instead of glaring at him like an intruder. He was hugging him.

 

 

Kyuhyun was holding some tears behind his eyes, but they intently wanted to get out albeit the Maknae’s effort of keeping them. Last option was to hide his face into the crook of the older neck, even when he had never been there, feeling a warmth that made him feel loved. All of this happened so fast and now Leeteuk had moved away for Heechul to approach him. The diva was colder and despite his previous worry, he just positioned a hand in his shoulder and then just head-slapped him making him yelp a little as his hair tousled like never.

 

 

-“You ok, brat?” Kangin hated sentimentalism, so he broke it with a question, which Donghae would have preferred to avoid.

 

 

-“mh” Kyuhyun hummed as a reply.

 

 

-“Let’s go” Teukkie grinned and touched him by the shoulder.

 

 

Donghae wasn’t happy but he was not grumpy either. Just a strange state where he was thoughtful about the situation, but relieved he was now there.

 

 

The van’s door slammed shut and the car started moving. The ride was silent but not uncomfortable. At least not for Leeteuk, Shindong, Heechul and Kangin.

 

 

When they finally reached the dorms, Sungmin was the first face Kyuhyun saw, but wasn’t exactly pleased because his eyes were moist. He turned his head a little before the sight of Sungmin’s beautiful smile. A smile that after that somehow vanished.

 

 

-“Kyuhyun-ah..” Sungmin mouthed but the younger just wanted to get where nobody found him.

 

 

Then the rest of them entered the house and Sungmin shot everyone with questions like ‘What happened?’ ‘Why is Kyuhyun mad?’ and when poor Donghae showed his face through the door, he got a smack from the bunny. “Ouch” he complained, confused.

 

 

-“Remember my text?” The shorter asked slightly mad, “You chose to ignore me?” he finished with an annoyed tone. His arms were crossed and his gaze demanding.

 

 

-“Ah, that..” his hands ran through his hair ending at his nape, scratching it. “I was going to text you back, but…” he paused turning his orbs around for distraction, or maybe ideas. “But?” Sungmin encouraged him, but not in the good way. “But I found him minutes later and I rather notified you than asking for help… or so I thought”

 

 

-“hmm,” Sungmin nodded, but wasn’t agreeing to that at all. “What happen to Kyuhyun? Is he mad?” Sungmin asked absentmindedly.

 

 

-“Well,” the other began “pissed off. I guess a little” finally confessed releasing a sigh. “there he had a… situation” he tried not to awaken a desire of knowing more because he didn’t think Kyuhyun would feel like telling them.

 

 

Oh, I better talk to Leeteuk. There’s nothing he would be left out, and there was nothing he didn’t figure out about them, so he was for sure going to gather him and Kyuhyun for an interrogation.

 

 

-“I’ll get going then,” he said to an incredulous Sungmin, who after all gave up and carried on his way to the kitchen. Donghae searched for Leeteuk around the dorms. He wasn’t there; perhaps he had gone out for something? I shouldn’t be caring this much about the privacy of the Maknae’s feelings right now…

 

 

-“What are you doing?” a calm voice said from behind Donghae’s back. He knew that voice so he didn’t even turn. Just stayed where he was and waited for the questions that awaited him. Heechul was not stupid at all, and if Donghae could understand Kyuhyun was mad at something, Heechul might have already known why, when and whose made him mad.

 

 

He waited some moments until he knew what to say.

 

 

-“I don’t think I’m the one to say anything to anybody” He said, his hands fidgeting with the hem of his shirt.

 

 

-“Hey, don’t be so defensive!” Heechul tried to ease him, “I just wanted to know what you were doing” his eyes on his fingernails, switching his face from one tilt to another.

 

 

More than obvious that what Heechul wanted was not know what little Donghae was doing. Sooner or later the great diva was to discover the ‘situation’ out here. Should he tell him or wait? Maybe tell Leeteuk first and let him tell Heechul then. Donghae wasn’t the kind of person who knows how to dodge a subject… more like he gave the answers they wanted before they didn’t even tell the question. Secrets were a hard subject. But now, he was trying hard for the Maknae, and he didn’t know why yet.

 

 

-“Ok. I’ll be going then…” the fish said, trying to pass next to Heechul, and encountering a delicate arm incrusted in his stomach.

 

 

-“You know,” he almost murmured “I don’t think Kyuhyun is ok with whatever happened there, and he is not going to tell us” he turned his eyes to look at Donghae’s, the latter’s eyes fixed straight ahead of him, into the wall.

 

 

-“Later you’ll find out” Donghae shot, leaving there the conversation and walking away.

 

 

-“mtch” Heechul muttered, seconds after Donghae left. I’ll have to resort to the Maknae himself.

 

_____________________________

thank you for the wait!!! I'm sorry I always come up with all kinds of excuses but they're true.. I swear! I'm working hard on writting it but things happen and sepparate me from this T.T But finally the 12th chapter is done! and I'll try to update the next one in time.... THANK YOU for reading my work and supporting me:)) Things are going to get good.....