Chapter 2

Rooftop

 

                “Aren’t you on your night shift hyung?” Sungjong asked as he sees his brother on his work uniform.

                “My shift start at 3 PM, but before that I need to pick up my boss’ son at the airport at 10 AM, and then I need to order fruits for make juices. It’ll take a whole day until my shift start baby.”

                “Why must you’re the one that pick up him? Why don’t his parents? You need to rest hyung, yesterday you took double shifts.” Sungjong said with worry.

                The older let out a sigh, “Because I’m their favorite employee baby. Come on, hyung will drive you to your school.” He said while he pushes the younger to the entrance.

****

                Geun Suk watches carefully everyone that walking out from the airport. He holds the sign of his boss’ son’s name high. He is sure that the plane from Japan had landed, but why this boy taking so long for coming out?

                Then he spotted a boy looking at his sign with a blank face from afar. That boy slowly walks towards him.

                “Kim Myungsoo?”

                “Yes I am.”

--

                Geun Suk struggled a bit when he parks his bike, because of Myungsoo’s luggage behind him. When he success, Myungsoo immediately climbs down and put down his luggage. He massages his thighs.

                “This thing is too heavy!” he pouted while takes off his helmet. It smelled lemon. The older chuckling.

                “Is that all of your belongings, or there are more?”

                “About five big boxes more. I’ll live here permanently, so I bring all of it.” Myungsoo huffed his cheeks.

                “Because you’ll live here permanently, why don’t we introduce ourselves first? I know your name already, and my name is Lee Geun Suk.” He offered his hand for a handshake.

                “Hi hyung. Wait, you’re older than me right?” he said while he take the older’s hand. The older nods.

                “I believe so.”

                Suddenly his boss and his wife come out from the café. “Oh my Myungie!” Mrs. Kim hugs his son so tight.

                “Welcome back son.” Mr. Kim pats his back. Myungsoo smiles and hugs his mother back. “I miss you umma.”

                Mrs. Kim cupped his face, “I miss you too, honey.” She said and kissed his forehead.

                At times like this, Geun Suk feels reallt lonely. He used to hugs, smiles, and kiss his parents back then. He still can remember his parents face. Soft skin and big eyes his mother had, Sungjong got her look very much. And then there was his father with a smile of proud on his face anytime he looked at him. Everything so perfect back then.

                “Hey boy! Come back to this earth!” Mr. Kim’s voice brings him out of his thoughts. Myungsoo and his mother are walking to the cafe. “There you are.” He said with a smile. “You need to order some fruits remember?”

                “Of course, sir.” He answered.

                “Good then. Ask for discount, she probably give it you.” Mr. Kim laughed, makes Geun Suk laugh too. True though, he never ordered from phone, because the owner of fruits store really loves his face and smile (she is a fan of him). An advantage for him and Mr. Kim.

****

                Myungsoo sits on a chair in locker room with his face deep red. He kicks the table in front of him, but immediately regrets it when he feels the pain. “Damn you!” he looked at his luggage, “Damn for you too!”

                “What’s with that curses Myungsoo?” his father asked him as he walks in, to the younger.

                “It’s all its fault appa!” he pointed his luggage.

                “That you fell in front of my costumers?” his father holds his laugh. Myungsoo pouts. When he walked in with his mother, he tripped over his own luggage. It was so impossible since the luggage was behind him, but he managed to fell down anyway. The pain was nothing, but it was so embarrassing. The customers looked at him and start whispered while looking at him, some even couldn’t held their laughs.

                “You still can’t get rid your clumsiness?” his father asked. Myungsoo shakes his head. “If you always like this, when will you get a partner son?”

                “Stop it dad. I’m still 17 years old. I want find the one, not a stranger that I randomly meet.” He stood up and walks to his luggage, opens it and pulls out a camera, and zips it back. “I want to look around, and maybe find the one.”  He walked out from the locker room.

                “Myungsoo, the back door is at your right.” His father shouted, makes Myungsoo immediately turns around his body, and walks from the opposite way he walked before. “That’s my son.”

****

                Myungsoo slurps his drink. After a whole day he walks around, his feet start to give up. The sun almost set now. He sits on a bench under a tree at the park. He already took so many pictures with his camera.

                He looks around. Kids running while laughing everywhere. Then he sees so many students walk on the outside of the park. Then he sees one of the kids falls down near the entrance. Then he sees a student crouched down in front of the crying boy.

He lifted the crying boy until he stood with his feet. He brushed the dirt from the boy’s clothes and wiped his tears away. He gave the boy a beautiful smile and gave the boy a lollipop candy. The boy smiled and took the candy from him and mouthed something he can’t catch. He sees the boy runs away. When he stands up, he can see his face.

                He feels his lungs don’t work anymore. Even from his position, he still can see his face clearly. Big eyes, plump lips, white skin, and long fringe that almost touch his eyes.

                Unconsciously, he lifts his camera and snaps a picture, and then two, and then three. When he turns around and start walks away, he snaps again two pictures from behind.

                Wow.. I’d love to see you again..

****

                Geun Suk looks around the café. At times like this the place almost empty, only to be filled up with costumers when dinner time come.

                He then averted his eyes to the ceiling.

                He recalls his encounter with someone at the fruits shop.

 

                “Geun Suk oppa?”

 

                “Shin Hye?”

****

A/N: sorry for the late update! and sorry for the wrong word in ch.1 -_-"

and maybe I won't be able to update so fast because right now I'm not at home. I'm in different island, different city, but still in Indonesia.

 

and guess what?? tomorrow I have a test for entering college!! and what am I doing right now? study? no. read and update story? oh yeaaah!

Wish me luck for tomorrow! Pleaseeee! my parents really want me to entering a college this year, cause I've failed last year. TT.TT

I'm 17years old, but I have so many responsibility....