Chapter 1

Rooftop

 

                “Hyung! Wake up!” Geun Suk’s eyes flow open when he hears his brother shouted. “Wake up hyung! We need  to go now! We are so late!” He instantly wakes up and runs to the bathroom.

                When he walks out from the bathroom, Sungjong jumps a little at the entrance, shoes already put on, and a bag on his back. “Hyung hurry up!”

                “Wait a minute Jongie.” He said, while combing his hair and then put on his uniform and a jacket. Grabbing his bag and his keys, “Let’s go!”

                Sungjong runs towards the stairs with Geun Suk following close behind him. “Slow down. Don’t tripped over your own foot!”

                The younger runs to where his hyung’s motorcycle is. “Come on hyung!” he jumps again while put his helmet on. His hyung follows his suit and climbs on his bike. When his baby brother climbed too, he starts the engine and drives to the school first.

****

                “See you hyung!” Sungjong said after takes off his helmet.

                “See you baby.” The older kissed his younger brother’s forehead and the younger runs to his classroom. “Time to go.” He said to himself.

                Sungjong pushes the door open and walking so fast to his desk. He sits and placing his head on the table, trying to control his breath. Suddenly, he feels a hand pats his head. He looks up and meets Hyunwoo’s smiling face.

                “Are you okay Jongie? Why do you late?”

                “Study for chemistry test until midnight and woke up sooooo late.” He said and placing his head on the table again.

                “So, your homework is already done right?” he asked. Sungjong’s head snapped.

                “What homework?” Hyunwoo’s eyes widened.

                “Chemistry! Last week  The Bald gave us a homework and told us about the test.”

                “I forget Woonnie!” Sungjong screamed, makes his another classmates look over him. Hyunwoo immediately pulls out his book and shoves it in front of Sungjong.

                “Copy it! You only have ten minutes left!”

****

                “The results will announced two days again. And I’ll return your book tomorrow. Thank you, and have a nice day!” The Bald-Mr. Go, walks out from the room with hands full of books and papers.

                Sungjong lets out a sigh. “I don’t think he can read my homework. It’s so messy.”

                “Well, at least you’re doing well with your test.” Hyunwoo said, his body turned to face Sungjong. “I think you need your vitamin Jongie.” He said with a smile. Sungjong follows his eyes, and see Hoya at the back of the class. Sungjong rested his head on his palm while observing Hoya’s face.

                “His serious face is so cool. I’m melting.” Sungjong said with a wide smile. Hyunwoo smiled. “He is so hot!” he whispered. “Oh yeah, you’re so right!” Sungjong answered. He starts daydreaming again.

                “Okay! My energy is full now! I can get out from this class without my brain popped out!”

                Hyunwoo laughs. “Be ready, next is Math!”

                “I think Math already vanished from this world?!”

****

                Geun Suk parks his motorcycle in front of his landlord house, and walks upstairs to his house. He opens the door and get in. He takes off his shoes and his eyes searching his younger brother. Books are all over the small table in the middle of the room. But no one is there.

                “Jongie? Where are you?” he asked. No answer. He walks towards the table and searching his younger brother with his eyes.

                “Boo!” suddenly he hears Sungjong’s voice from the kitchen. He smiled when he sees the younger cook ramen for them. “Hi hyung! Can you move all my books from the table? Dinner’s almost ready!”

 

                When the table is clear from anything, Sungjong placing two bowls on it and sits. His brother sits across him. “You’re not late this morning right?” Geun Suk asked as he eats his ramen.

                Sungjong shakes his head. “No, I’m not. And I did a great job on my test.” And I copy Hyunwoo’s homework too. He gulps his ramen in nervous.

                “Good then.” Geun Suk eats again. “And your homework?”

                Sungjong looks up and shakes his head slowly. Geun Suk frowned. Before he can scold his younger brother, Sungjong immediately follows his hyung’s expression, frowned. When Geun Suk pouted, he pouted too. When Geun Suk crossed his arms, Sungjong follows too.

                “Yah, why do you follow me?” he asked.

                “Why I can’t follow you hyung?” Sungjong asked back. The older let out a sigh, with the younger follows again.

                “Come here you kid!” he stands up and chasing his brother. Sungjong immediately stands up and runs from his brother.

                “Kyaaaaaaa! My brother will eat me! Ramen isn’t enough for him!”

                “Yah!”

****

                Geun Suk caresses his brother’s hair. The younger already sleep from an hour ago in his arms, but he can’t sleep. He looks at the clock on the drawer.

                11:45 PM

                He looks again beside the clock. A photo frame. He, little Sungjong, and his former parents. They were smiling on that moment. If only that accident never happen, his parents will with them now. And they won’t live on somebody’s rooftop.

                And Sungjong won’t forget how his parents look like. If the only one picture isn’t there, Sungjong will never know.

                He let out a sigh. It’s 15 years ago though.

                Thanks to his uncle and aunt, he and his brother can still alive until now. He smiled and kissed his brother’s soft hair.

                It’s only the two of us Jongie. But I never worried or scared. Because you’ll never leave me alone.

               

                Right Jongie?

****

A/N: This chapter is boring, I know...

I want to know, which one is right between 'Chemist' and 'Chemistry'?? O.o