Chapter 17

I Can Hear Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dA4G88d7kA

Gummy: Day and Night

===================================

It was the first day of the fall semester, and the university campus was packed with new and former students.

Kai hopped out of Dongin’s car and swung his backpack over his shoulder. “You don’t have to take me to school every day, hyung.”

“I know. You don’t want to be embarrassed by your big brother driving you everywhere. Don’t worry. I won’t have time anymore after my shift changes. I wanted to be there for your first day though.” Dongin grinned.

Kai laughed. “I got it. It’s much appreciated.”

“I’m glad that you noticed. I’ll see you at home.” Dongin waved.

Kai shut the door. “Later, hyung.” He turned to go when Dongin suddenly called, “Jongin!”

Kai paused and turned back. Dongin pumped his fist. “Fighting!”

Kai laughed and pumped his fist. “Fighting!”

Dongin grinned widely, waved, and drove off.

Kai took a deep breath and looked at the grand campus. This was where he would be for the next four years. He would be studying all night long at the university library. He would be running to class after class and gobbling on lunch with the little time he had left. He would be making friends and even perhaps finding the girl of his dreams.

Adrenaline rushed through his body. He was nervous, but he was so ready to begin the next chapter of his life.

Putting on a confident grin, he walked into the campus and used the campus map to find his first class. He went in and found the lecture hall filled with students already.

“Kai! Over here!” Chanyeol boomed.

Kai looked downward and saw his friends sitting in the middle row.

Chanyeol waved him over and moved his backpack out of the way.

Kai took a seat beside him and placed his backpack on the floor.

“Your bro take you here?” Chanyeol asked. “Yeah,” Kai answered.

“You’re so lucky you have such a nice older bro. I only have two bratty older sisters.” Chanyeol sighed. “They’re hot though,” Sehun stated. Chanyeol raised two fingers in the air and pretended to jab his eyes. “Eye them one more time, and you won’t find anything hot anymore.”

“Where’s Baekhyun?” Kai asked.

“Of course he’s in biology. God, I hate biology. I wonder how he can stand it.” Chanyeol shuddered.

“He probably feels the same way about physics, which reminds me…I hate physics and biology…and any other science for that matter,” Sehun stated thoughtfully.

Chanyeol squeezed his shoulder with a pitiful look. “I will never know why you came into this major in the first place.” Kai chuckled and began to play on his phone.

When the professor came to start class, he tucked his phone away in his pocket and listened to the boring first lecture of college. Afterwards, Kai split from his friends and went to his next class, which was a general education course. The lecture hall was bigger, and there was a more diverse population of students. For one, there were a lot more females. Also, everyone didn’t seem to mind the loud volume and continued chatting with each other.

“Kai!” A happy voice squealed. He turned his head to see one of his high school friends Son Gaeul, or to be more specific, the girl who had been in love with him since forever, but whom he had no feelings for whatsoever. She ran up the aisle and threw her arms around his neck in a joyful embrace. “I’m so glad to see you!”

Kai patted her back in a friendly manner. “Hey, Gaeul. How was your summer?”

She pulled back with a full pout. “It was okay, but I missed hanging out with you. You loser.” She slugged his arm lightly. “Why didn’t you ever call me to hang out?”

Kai rubbed his arm. “From what I know, you were too busy having fun in Hawaii,” he teased. Gaeul giggled. “Yeah, that was fun. Next time, we should get our high school gang to go.” “That would be fun,” Kai admitted. “I’m so happy that I saw you. Come sit with me.” Gaeul looped her arm around his and dragged him down to her spot.

Two other girls were sitting in her area. “Oh, who is he, Gaeul?” They teased with giggled.

Gaeul lifted her chin up with a big smile. “This is Kim Jongin, but I call him Kai.” She failedl to mention clairfy her relationship with him.

“Nice to meet you, Jongin.” The girls smiled.

Kai gave them a friendly nod. “It’s nice to meet you, too.” In a covert manner, he pulled his arm away from Gaeul. He didn’t want the girls to get the wrong idea.

“Sit here!” Gaeul yanked him down with a big smile. “So, tell me about your summer.” They chatted for a good few minutes before the professor came in. The lecture was brief, and students were dismissed early.

Kai swung his backpack over his shoulder and texted his friends to see where they were. All of them replied that they were still in class, which left him to wonder what he would do for the next 45 minutes he had.

“Kai!” Gaeul wrapped her arm around his and beamed up at him. “If you’re free, should we go grab some coffee?”

Why not? Kai thought. It wouldn’t hurt to spend his spare time with a cute girl, no matter how uninterested he was in her. “Sure.” Kai smiled.

Gaeul beamed him and half-dragged him towards the exit. While she chatted endlessly about her trip to Hawaii, Kai followed with his eyes floating everywhere else. His eyes became drawn to a girl with dark golden brown hair. There was something familiar about her, but he couldn’t put a finger on it. When he caught a glimpse of her face, everything clicked. It’s her, the angel I bumped into at orientation! He had a feeling this was fate.

Kai slipped away from Gaeul and jostled through the crowd towards the girl. He lost her though, and she was nowhere to be seen. She had disappeared once again, and he grew frustrated. Was she just a figment of his imagination? Was she nothing but a mere ghost? Kai sighed and rubbed the back of his neck.

“K

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter