Chapter 14

I Can Hear Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6OFfnX2nw4

Ulala Session: Moon Cries

==================================

The date of graduation approached fast. Minjoo still resided with Jongsuk, and she could not be happier than ever. She was both sad and relieved that her aunt had not set out to look for her.

The day before graduation, Minjoo and Jongsuk decided to go to Seoul to book their graduation trip to London and buy necessities they would need for their trip.

Minjoo spun around with a big smile and held up two cute hairpins. Which one will be better for the trip?

Jongsuk smiled and the side of her head. “Both.”

Minjoo gave him a look as her lower lip stuck outwards. You always say that. Pick one.

“I can’t. They both look cute for you.” Jongsuk smiled.

Minjoo sighed. Sometimes, I wish I had your ability to read minds. That way, I can see if you’re lying or not.

“I would never lie to you,” Jongsuk claimed. His phone buzzed with a new message. He handed her a basket and put the hairpins in there. “Put everything you think is cute in there. Let me just check my phone real quick.” Jongsuk left the shop and took out his phone.

There was a new text message from an unknown number. There was nothing really important written in the message beside an address. It was a very familiar address, too. Then Jongsuk realized the address was his. Why would anyone send me a message of my own address? Maybe it’s from the phone company. He put his phone away in his pocket and went back in.

“Ready?” Jongsuk smiled.

They stopped by the mart on the way and bought food before coming home. Laughing and talking excitedly about their trip tomorrow with their arms encircled around each other’s waist, they stepped out of the elevator.

Minjoo tapped Jongsuk’s chest, and he looked at her. “Hmm?” 

There’s a package in front of your door!

“A package?” Jongsuk looked at his front door, and indeed, he did see a package. “Who sent me this?” He wondered out loud as he picked it up. The only sender information was an address he did not recognize.

What is it? Minjoo questioned.

“I don’t know. I’ll open it inside.” Jongsuk unlocked the door, and they entered the apartment.

Jongsuk turned the lights on, and Minjoo put her backpack down. I’m going to wash my hands first! Then I’ll prepare a yummy meal for you, so wait! She skipped towards the bedroom.

Jongsuk took the opportunity to rip open the package. He saw scraps of newspaper and furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. He wondered why on earth anyone would want to send him newspaper. Was this a late April Fool’s day prank? Then Jongsuk read the content of the articles, and a chill ran down his spine. They were about the same thing: a mysterious man and his mass murder of young girls. The latest article was about the two missing girls Kim Hyesung and her younger sister Kim Yoojin who had been found in terrible conditions in a river.

Jongsuk found a note at the bottom of the box. His hands trembled as he opened it.

Minjoo is next. She’ll be on the front page of the news tomorrow. Your girl will be famous AND dead!

Jongsuk could almost hear Jong’s demented laughter in his ears. His quivering hands clenched around the letter. Anger filled his heart. He absolutely detested Jong. Jongsuk heard Minjoo coming back to the room and quickly shoved the newspaper articles and the wrinkled note into the box. He spun around to see Minjoo curiously eyeing him. What was the package about?

“It’s nothing!” Jongsuk blurted. “It was…just a prank from the neighbors. I’ll throw it away.”

Oh. Okay. Minjoo flashed a trusting smile and headed into the kitchen.

Jongsuk glared at the box behind him. He stormed into the bedroom with the box and shoved it in his closet. He sank onto the floor and gripped onto his hair. What is this psycho up to? Was he the one who sent me that text message earlier? What is his damn motive?!

At that moment, his phone rang.

Jongsuk’s face fell as an unsettling feeling bubbled in his stomach. Swallowing hard, he picked up his phone and stared at the unknown number. He had a feeling it was the same number who had sent him the message earlier. Jongsuk tapped the screen and slowly put the phone against his ear. He did not utter a word and waited for the person at the other end to say something.

“Did you enjoy my little gift?” A dark chuckle came from the other end.

Jongsuk gripped tightly onto his phone. “It was you, wasn’t it? You sent me the text message.”

“Very perceptive.” Jong laughed.

“Shut up!” Jongsuk snapped. He got up and started pacing the room. “What the hell do you want?! Why are you picking on Minjoo?! Why can’t you go after anyone else?!”

“You’re so selfish, Lee Jongsuk. You want another girl to suffer but not your own?” Jong clucked his tongue.

Jongsuk despised his belittling tone and wanted to hurl his phone across the room in frustration. “You listen well, you little bastard! You send another message or package like that again, and I’ll report you to the police!”

“Oh, you are mistaken if you think the police can get me. I’m very…elusive and very skilled at covering my tracks. If they couldn’t capture me for the past five years, what makes you think they can catch me now?” Jong chuckled.

Jongsuk turned pale, and his stomach churned in disgust at the thought of Jong going after innocent girls for five whole years. “Why are you doing this?” He whispered.

“There is no reason, but I do like a challenge,” Jong admitted.

Jongsuk clenched his hand into a fist. He wanted to scream and curse out loud but was afraid of surprising Minjoo. “Listen, you low-life bastard. The moment you touch Minjoo, you’re dead. Do you hear me? She’ll be with me, so I won’t let you hurt her in any way!”

“You don’t even know what I have in store for her. Do you even want to know?” Jong asked.

Jongsuk’s heart hammered against his chest. He felt repulsion, horror, and fear.

“My advice is…you shouldn’t know. You wouldn’t want to know what I have planned for your dear Minjoo tomorrow.” The other line went dead.

Jongsuk bellowed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter