The Magician - I

Fate

The Magician I

 

‘Oh how I hate working.’ Hoya crashed onto the couch the moment he got home.

 

‘Well, at least you have a stable job.’ Sungjong snickered. ‘I’m a student and guess what? I doubt that I’ll get one since I’m majoring in design.’

 

‘Don’t worry jongie. You have the potential to be the future runway model or designer while I’m stuck here, doing the same old thing every single day, not knowing what I live for.’ Hoya smiled at his younger brother tiredly.

 

Hoya did dream about his occupation when he was young. He was a passionate dancer, who was willing to learn, but ended up doing office work as his parents banned him from majoring dance since they said that he had the potential to be a business man and blah blah blah.

 

Hoya dragged himself into his room, he was currently living with his brother, who was apparently in his last year of university. Not that he hate his brother or anything, but his parents once again forced him to live with him as he was independent and Sungjong needed to learn from him. To be frank, Hoya didn’t even have control of his life, until now.

 

Much to his own surprise, Hoya actually turned out quite well in his life, since he was promoted to the manager position in just six months. Well, we could safely conclude that he was a workaholic and his boss really loved his efficiency. Hoya put on some music and faced the mirror, started dancing. He danced to relief his stress and without dance, he could’ve just die. He dance for half an hour or so, to his heart content, before taking a fresh set of clothes and proceeded to take a quick shower.

 

Hoya sighed again as he felt the water pelted onto his back. Thank goodness that tomorrow was a holiday for him, he could hang out at one of his favorite places around in town, the concourse. He brushed his teeth and went to bed, falling asleep within a minute with his lullaby on, well, that’s Hoya.

 

‘Hyung! Wake up! Look at this!’ Sungjong banged onto his door and Hoya groaned.

 

‘What Jong?’ Hoya opened the door and a paper was shoved onto his face.

 

‘Hyung! I think you should participate! You’re a great dancer and this is your chance to improve yourself!’ Sungjong yelled.

 

Hoya scratched his bird nest head as he tried to read the paper. It was a form to participate in a competition, a dance competition. His brows raised. 5th of July? Isn’t that today?

 

‘Jong, are you kidding me? This competition is today and I’m tired. I’ll go and watch instead.’ Hoya shoved back the form to Sungjong and went back to bed.

 

‘Hyung, it’s at the concourse by the way! I’m going out! Breakfast’s ready and on the table!’ Sungjong skipped out of the house.

 

Hoya thought he just slept for 5 minutes more, but ended up he slept until 10 a.m., which was 2 hours after Sungjong left the house. Hoya yawned once before pushing himself off his bed and stepped into the bathroom to take a quick bath. The breakfast was just a whole meal sandwich made by the healthy Sungjong.

 

Better than nothing. Hoya thought as he wolfed that down.

 

And he set off to the concourse to watch the dance competition. It wasn’t very crowded, much to Hoya’s surprise, since the competition had already started. There were chairs set up for audiences to sit and Hoya took one at the front row to have a clearer view.

 

‘I got you~ under my skin~’ It was DBSK’s mirotic and Hoya had the urge to rush up to the stage and punch the guy who was dancing on stage. Mirotic was a strong and powerful music, and yet the participant was dancing as though he was dancing to ‘The Swan Lake’. Hoya tsked for a few times and glanced over to the judges’ bench, a few of the judges seemed to have the same opinion as him, since they were shaking their head and scribbling something onto the mark sheet.

 

Hoya was about to give up watching those people dancing as he felt offended for the singers who sang the songs that the participants who danced to the music when a dinosaur looking guy walked up stage. He looked around the same age as him and was wearing a graffiti shirt and baggy pants with a cap, he even pierced his ears. Hoya felt something hit him. The aura that guy who just walked on stage told him that he was different from the rest of the participant, so Hoya stayed and even anticipated to how the guy would perform.

 

The music started. It was SHINee’s Lucifer. Hoya tapped his feet as he watched. The dance moves was precise, fast, powerful. It was nothing like all the other participants. Hoya was impressed and he peeped at the judges, they were nodding in approval and watching attentively.

 

‘This is more like it.’ Hoya thought to himself. ‘At least there’s someone deserving the champion, not some scum bug that screw up their dance steps or don’t even know the mood of the music.’

 

The song ended and Hoya really felt like jumping onto the stage and dance too, but of course, he couldn’t do that as he didn’t sign up for it. The guy walked down from stage and his was sweating and panting. Hoya clapped loudly for him and the guy smiled.

 

‘Now ladies and gentlemen, we shall proceed to the prize presentation.’ The MC of went onto the stage.

 

The third place was the guy who danced ‘Mirotic’ and Hoya shook his head in disgust. The second place was some random person who didn’t do very well too.

 

‘… Last but not least, we have our champion, Jang Dongwoo!’ The MC clapped with some enthusiasm and the guy with baggy pants walked onto the stage and Hoya once again clapped loudly for him.

 

‘Hey, thanks for clapping for me.’ The guy wore a huge smile when he came down the stage.

 

‘No problem. It’s worth clapping for you. Your dancing’s good.’ Hoya smiled a little and said politely.

 

‘Well, I’m Dongwoo by the way. Nice to meet you.’ Dongwoo smiled and extended his hand to Hoya as he took a seat beside him.

 

‘Hoya.’ Hoya shook his hand.

 

‘What brings you here? I mean, most of the people here are participants, not a lot of people know about this place since it was just a small corner in this big busy city.’ Dongwoo looked at him with curious eyes.

 

‘That’s why I love it. I like places like this. I don’t care whether it is isolated or not, I just want some peace. Moreover, a lot of dance competitions had been held here, another reason I’m here today.’ Hoya shrugged lightly.

 

‘You like dancing?’ Dongwoo’s eyes widened a little.

 

‘It’s my life. Without it, I’m like a person without oxygen, a musician without his instrument.’ Hoya looked at the empty stage.

 

‘Wow! That’s cool! But why didn’t you join this competition?’

 

‘Well, I kinda only know that there’s one today and I came here unprepared.’ Hoya smiled sheepishly as he looked into Dongwoo’s orbs again.

 

‘Oh.’

 

‘So, what do you work as? A dancer?’

 

‘Not exactly, I’m a teacher. I teach others to dance.’ Dongwoo laughed and Hoya liked it. It sounded melodious to his ears.

 

‘That’s good. Unlike me. I’m stuck in the office the whole day to do some paperwork, meeting those clients and stuff. How I wish I could do that as well.’ Hoya sighed.

 

‘Then why not?’ Dongwoo tilted his head to look at Hoya.

 

‘My parents.’ Hoya sighed again.

 

‘I see.’ Dongwoo wore a pity look on his face. ‘Hey, let’s be friends! Since both of us love to dance, you can come to the studio I work in to see sometime!’

 

Dongwoo took out a card and gave it to Hoya.

 

‘I’ve got to go now. I have a class to hold later. See you around!’ Dongwoo checked the time on his phone and smiled apologetically before giving a wave and ran off.

 

Hoya looked at the card that Dongwoo gave him. Seoul Dance Studio. Hoya raised his brows. Wasn’t that one of the top studio in Korea? Looked like Dongwoo was really good at dancing. Maybe next weekend he should drop by and see. Yep. He should definitely do that.

 

‘Hyung, so did you sign up for the competition?’ Sungjong asked as he flung his bag to one side and took off his shoes when he reached home.

 

‘Jongie, the competition was held today. How am I supposed to take part when you only give me the form today?’ Hoya sighed and tore his eyes away from the program he was watching, which was a taekwondo nationals. He switched off the television. ‘But I met someone interesting though. He dances really well.’

 

‘Oh god. Hyung, he wouldn’t be a strong opponent and post a threat to you in future?’ Sungjong placed a hand on his chest and pretended to be shock, it didn’t last long though, since a cushion was flying to his direction thanks to Hoya.

 

‘Dude, you’re thinking too much. I’m just trying to make friends with him, I mean, I don’t really care. Maybe I can find a best friend like you do with Myungsoo and Sungyeol you know?’ Hoya looked wore his usual cold face again and gave his stare to Sungjong.

 

‘Right. I bet you’ll fall in love with him in no time. Since when you wanted to make friend apart from your bed?’ Sungjong snickered.

 

‘Sungjong, you know what?’ Hoya suddenly smiled, but his was a creepy smile.

 

‘Yeah hyung?’ Sungjong looked at him with eager eyes, hoping that Hoya would admit that he fell in love or something.

 

‘Shut. UP.’ Hoya gave him a glare before making his way back to his bedroom.

 

‘Hyung! I’m just kidding!’ Sungjong yelled after him, but only the loud music blasted from Hoya’s room replied him.

 

Sungjong sighed. Well, maybe his hyung was destined to be forever alone and the only friend he had would be his bedroom and music. Sungjong prayed silently that it wouldn’t be that way before he made his way to his room after taking one last look from Hoya’s bedroom.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: Hohoho! (Yayaya) Lmao. I'm so lame. Kay. Yay! So now you guys know what couple this is right?*Wink* Yes! We have our '' couple, YaDong! Yay! Hope you guys enjoyed this and yay! I've finished my speech.

 

Thank you for subbing, the votes, comments and by just reading this FF. <3

 

Hope you guys will comment. (Or else I don't know what you guys are thinking) ><