The Fool - II

Fate

The Fool II

 

After the interview, Sunggyu went home to take a bath and also to wash the stained suit. Much to his relief, the coffee stain came off instantly when he dumped a few caps of liquid detergent onto the wet suit. The washing only took him fifteen minutes so he set off for XXX restaurant earlier than planned.

 

‘Sir, do you have a reservation? Or else you will have to wait for about twenty to forty minutes before you’re able to get a seat.’ The manager of the restaurant approached Sunggyu the moment he stepped in.

 

‘I do have a reservation for two.’

 

‘What is your name sir?’

 

‘Kim Sunggyu.’

 

'Yes. This way please.’

 

Sunggyu got a table by the window, he sat down and looked out of the window, trying to imagine how working in the Yoon Corporation would be like. A clumsy worker… Although Sunggyu wasn’t so keen to work with someone who would screw up the work you had already done, however, he needed that job r else he would be back to his bottle of alcohol and let his mind wandered off to somewhere, or worst, dwelled in sadness and self-pity again due to the heartache he experienced. He shook his head to stop himself from thinking further and started to wonder how his co-worker would look like. Handsome? Tall? Short? Fat? Before Sunggyu could fantasize himself with all the funny human faces he could come out about how his working partner would look like, someone tapped his shoulder and caused him to jump in surprise.

 

‘Hyung.’ It was Myungsoo.

 

‘Ah, you’re finally here. Sit down and let’s order the food.’ Sunggyu gave him a smile as his right hand reached out for the menu.

 

‘Hyung, I’ve gotten these from Sungyeol and I think you’ll need them.’ Myungsoo placed a small stack of papers in front of Sunggyu and when Sunggyu took a closer look at them, they were coupons.

 

Feeling curious, Sunggyu picked up one of them and started to read.

 

‘Dr. Kim Jaejoong? Isn’t that one of the famous psychiatrist in Seoul? Why are you giving me all these?’ Sunggyu looked confused.

 

‘Hyung, aren't you suffering from some depression or something like that?’ Myungsoo looked confused too.

 

‘What?! Depression? What gives you the idea of me suffering from depression?’ Sunggyu was taken aback.

 

‘Umm… That you’re not acting normal?’

 

‘Like what?’ Sunggyu raised one of his brows.

 

‘Treating me dinner and you seem to be more cheerful?’

 

‘Hahaha! Oh my gosh, Myungsoo! I’m not suffering from depression at all! I’m treating you because I have a piece of good news!’

 

‘What is it?’ Myungsoo looked at his hyung with sparkles in his eyes.

 

‘I’ve gotten a job! I’m going to work for the Yoon Corporation from tomorrow onwards!’

 

‘Wow this is really great hyung! I’m so happy for you!’ Myungsoo smiled, he was relieved that his brother had pulled himself together and carried on with life, he reached out his hand to take back the coupons, well, he was really certain that his hyung was normal.

 

‘Anyway, we’d better order the food before I starve to death.’ Sunggyu raised his hand to call for a waiter.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________

 

Sunggyu looked into the mirror over and over again until he was satisfied, he picked up his necessary things, his phone, wallet and car key, and he decided to drive to the company since he knew that the company had a car park at the basement.

 

‘Bye hyung! Have a good day at work!’ Myungsoo waved as he and Sunggyu parted ways.

 

Sunggyu reached the company in twenty minutes since the traffic was smooth. As he waited for the lift, someone walked towards him.

 

‘Good morning Sunggyu ssi.’ Hoya walked up to him and smiled. ‘Have a good rest last night?’

 

‘Yeah. By the way, I think you can drop the formality. It sounds really weird.’ Sunggyu nodded.

 

‘Okay. Get ready for an exciting day, Sunggyu hyung.’ Hoya had reached his floor while Sunggyu would still have to report to the CEO’s office.

 

Why did Hoya’s wish sounded so sarcastic to Sunggyu’s ears? Sunggyu shook off any funny thought that popped up in his mind and knocked on the CEO’s room’s door lightly.

 

‘Come in.’ Sunggyu turned the knob and went in.

 

‘Ah, you’re here. Very good, you’re on time.’ Mr Yoon smiled and nodded his head in approval, he pressed a button on the phone that was placed on his table. ‘Ms Park, please ask Woohyun to report to my office.’

 

Woohyun? Why did that name sounded so familiar? Sunggyu was trying to figure out where he had heard it before when someone just busted into the room, giving a shock to Sunggyu and Sunggyu stole a glance from Mr Yoon, who was still seated calmly and with that same old smile plastered on his face.

 

‘Thud!’ A loud sound pulled Sunggyu’s attention back to the intruder, who had fallen on the floor carelessly, Sunggyu bent down to helped the person up and when the person turned to thank him, both were shock and Sunggyu let go of his hand supporting the person, causing him to fall again.

 

‘Well, it’s nice to see that Sunggyu ssi was already taking care of Woohyun ssi. I bet the both of you will work well together.’ Mr Yoon laughed when he saw the whole commotion.

 

‘You… You worked here?!’ Sunggyu widened his eyes in disbelief.

 

‘Yeah.’ Woohyun smiled sheepishly as he stood up by himself and dusted his pants.

 

‘Alright, done talking?’ Mr Yoon coughed to gain their attention. ‘Right. Woohyun, please be more careful in future. Sunggyu, please take good care of him and the both of you may carry on with work. Woohyun, you’d better show Sunggyu around and let him familiarize with everything. You may go out now, I’m going to have a conference call with the US branch in a few minutes.’

 

‘Why didn’t you say anything the other day?’ Sunggyu hissed the moment they stepped out of the room.

 

‘You didn’t ask. Anyway, just for your information, the tenth floor is the accountancy department so we have the whole floor to ourselves. We’re here.’ Woohyun stepped out of the lift when they reached the tenth floor.

 

‘Here’s the kitchen, coffee machine, rest room, working place. You can take a nap in the rest room if you’re really tired and there’s always food in the kitchen so don’t have to worry about hunger when you work overtime. DO you want a cup of coffee?’ Woohyun was already walking towards the coffee machine.

 

‘Yes. So how do I get started?’ Sunggyu looked around, well, it didn’t really look like an office ot him, more like a home.

 

‘There’s a few stack of document so you may start with that, don’t worry about the amount of work because as long as we finish them in a week’s time we’ll be fine.’ Woohyun smiled.

 

Sunggyu put down his bag on the couch, took a stack of five-inch thick documents from the mountain of paper work placed on the table and started to skim through the contents when all of a sudden—

 

‘Boom!’ A loud explosion could be heard followed by some burnt smell diffused through the air.

 

Sunggyu was so shock that his hand shivered and the document fell onto the ground. He slowly turned towards the source of the accident. All he could see was this : His new colleague standing beside a bunch of metal that was once-upon-a-time, a coffee machine, his originally straight hair became curly as though he permed it and his face was covered with some black stuff that Sunggyu couldn’t distinguish.

 

‘What happened?’ Sunggyu demanded as he stormed to Woohyun’s side.

 

‘I have no idea…’ Woohyun looked at him with his puppy eyes despite being a total mess.

 

‘Seriously Woohyun, do you know how to use a coffee machine at all? How the hell did you make it explode?’ Sunggyu was already getting a very sick feeling and a horrible headache that today would be a long day for him.

 

‘I do! But I just don’t know how it-‘

 

‘Okay stop. Now go and clean yourself up. The suit you lent me yesterday is in my bag. Go and change plus clean yourself up, I’ll clean this mess or else I think we really need to work overtime during the weekends.’ Sunggyu cut him off and started to dump the whole machine into the dustbin and took a mop to mop the floor clean.

 

‘I’m sorry.’ Woohyun looked at Sunggyu.

 

‘Let’s work already. As long as we get going, I bet we can do all these in just two days.’ Sunggyu said.

 

Or so he thought, but he should have known better because the person he was working with was Nam Woohyun. Sunggyu found out that Woohyun had a bladder and water problem on his first day of work. You might ask, what type of problem was that? Put it simple, Nam Woohyun could drink a litre of water in two hours and visit the washroom for at least ten times, not mentioning that he tripped every single time he got up from his seat. Sunggyu had made the effort to help him up, but in the end, he gave up since it was far too frequent and if he carried on to put up with the younger’s nonsense, Sunggyu wouldn’t even do 10% of what they are supposed to complete in a week. And thank god, after finishing about 20% of the work together with Woohyun, Sunggyu was finally free to go home.

 

‘How’s work today?’ Sunggyu plopped onto the couch the moment he got home and Myungsoo asked cheerfully, wearing a pink and black apron, it was obvious that he had been cooking.

 

‘Dead tired.’ Sunggyu wiped his face with his right hand.

 

‘Why? It’s only the first day of work, you know.’ Myungsoo tilted his head.

 

‘Yeah. That’s why I’m done for.’ Sunggyu sighed. He needed to work there for a freaking-dunno-how-long!

 

‘What’s wrong?’ Myungsoo turned off the stove and pulled a chair to sit down beside the couch.

 

‘I’ve gotten myself a super duper clumsy colleague.’

 

‘Like how clumsy is that?’

 

‘Someone who can trip over his own feet for a million times a day, not mentioning that he made one coffee machine exploded in the office. On my first day of work.’

 

‘Wow. Remarkable. Good luck hyung. Anyway, you should have dinner now or else the food is getting cold.’ Myungsoo removed the apron and prepared everything while Sunggyu allowed himself to sulk a little more before jumping up from the couch and headed to the dinning table.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________

 

Day 2:

 

‘Hyung! I got you a cup of milk to—woah!’

 

‘Splash!’ Sunggyu could only feel himself covered in sticky white liquid.

 

Half an hour later.

 

‘Ahhhh!’

 

‘What did you do again? Nam Woohyun?!’

 

‘The documents! Hyung!!!’

 

THey ended up in the CEO office a few minutes later.

 

‘Sunggyu ssi. What happen to the financial plan doc?’ Mr Yoon was a little angry when he saw the drenched, ink-smudged stack of paper handed to him.

 

‘It’s er…’ Sunggyu was cracking his head for a suitable answer while Woohyun stood timidly behind Sunggyu, occasionally peeked over Sunggyu’s shoulder to see Mr Yoon’s reaction.

 

‘Woohyun, it’s you again, isn’t it?’ Mr Yoon placed the wet stack of paper on the table and looked at Woohyun hopelessly.

 

‘Yes Mr Yoon.’ Woohyun answered in a soft voice.

 

‘Forget it. Sunggyu ssi, you can just type it out and send me through the company’s email. By the way, why is your suit grey in colour? I remembered that I see you in black suit today.’ Mr Yoon let out his doubt.

 

‘Um… It’s nothing.’ Sunggyu glared at Woohyun as he answered the CEO.

 

‘Right. The both of you may go out. If something happen like this next time, Sunggyu ssi, you can just do it in soft copy so that you don’t have to come up here.’

 

As the both of them retreated back to their department, Mr Yoon was still in the office wondering why was there a milk scent lingered in his room.

 

Day 3:

 

‘Woohyun, please, please, please, I’m begging you, you don’t have to buy any drinks for me at all. I'm perfectly fine by myself.’ Sunggyu said.

 

‘Is it okay for me to get you lunch instead?’ Woohyun asked. ‘I mean, I always trouble you and stuff.’

 

Sunggyu considered. Well, lunch wouldn’t hurt, would it? Woohyun sure wouldn’t spill a thing since it had covers and stuff.

 

‘Okay then.’

 

‘Yay! I’ll go out and get toppokki! I’m dying for some.’

 

But Sunggyu was so bloody wrong.

 

Fifteen minutes later.

 

‘Hyung here you go—whoops!’ The box without cover toppled on Sunggyu’s dearest phone, with all the rice cake covering it like a mini red mountain.

 

‘NAM WOOHYUN!!!!!!!!!’

 

Day 4:

 

‘Hyung! I’ve decided to cook you lunch instead! Look! It’s kimchi fried rice!’

 

Why, oh, why, must Woohyun tripped over his feet every single time? Now that poor Sunggyu was covered with kimchi and fried rice and it was HOT, despite the air conditioner in the office.

 

 

Day 5:

 

‘Hyung! Help!’ Woohyun yelled from the bathroom and some water flowing noise could be heard from outside.

 

‘What did you do again, Nam Woohyun?!’ Sunggyu muttered under his breath while he got up from his seat.

 

As he proceed to the bathroom, he saw some water seeping out from the door gap. Sunggyu’s brows raised. How the hell could water seep out? He quickly opened the door and ‘Swoosh’ water flow out like tsunami, drenching his legs with the cooling water.

 

‘Hyung! Help me fix this tap! I can’t turn it off!’ Woohyun cried as he used one of his hand to block the water from getting out but it was obviously useless as water just flowed out like crazy.

 

‘Just. Turn. It. Off. Like. This.’ God. Sunggyu thought that he would go insane one day as he turned off the tap forcefully and congratulation to him and Woohyun, that the both of them were drench.

 

Day 6:

‘Hyung! This candle looks lovely doesn’t it?’ Woohyun held a kitten-shaped candle in his hand.

 

‘…’ Sunggyu decided to ignore him.

 

‘I shall put it under my table so it won’t burn any paper. I’m smart aren’t I, hyung?’

 

‘… Sort of.’

 

‘Anyway, I’m so glad that you’re working with me or else I don’t think I can ever finish this amount of work in a week’s time.’ Woohyun said cheerfully as he gestured at the greatly reduced mountain paper work left on the table, there were at most only a few more documents left for them to handle.

 

Sunggyu smelt something. It was the smell of burning leather. He started to sniff around and look for all possible places and his eyes widened for the nth time of the week when he saw Woohyun’s leather shoes. It was shining with red light.

 

‘Nam Woohyun! Stomp your feet as hard as you can! Quick!’ Sunggyu howled.

 

‘What happen? Oh My gosh! Dammit!’ Woohyun jumped around like lunatic trying to put out the fire while Sunggyu just took the fire extinguisher and spraying the white powder onto the younger’s lower body.

 

 

And that (referring to the above 7 days) was what Sunggyu had to face every single working day. (Thank god that he was steered clear of Woohyun during Sundays.) As the days went by, with all those disasters that Woohyun always brought along with him. Now that Sunggyu knew him better, he wouldn’t be mad at the younger long because, well, he had a soft heart (that’s why he was so heart-broken when his previous boyfriend cheated on him), instead, he cleared up all the mess after Woohyun, bearing the responsibility of a mom and a nanny.

 

One fine public holiday, Woohyun decided to ask Sunggyu out to spend some time together as he felt really guilty that he was always troubling the older in the office, Sunggyu took a dice at home and he prayed that if he were to roll an odd number, he wouldn’t go out with Woohyun. Unfortunately, the lucky goddess wasn’t by his side at all, as he had rolled the dice for ten freaking times but it turned out to be even number. Having no choice, he literally dragged his feet  out of the house to meet the younger.

 

‘Hyung! Let’s go and have some food! I promise I won’t be clumsy today.’ Woohyun raised three fingers to his face, as though he was swearing.

 

‘Right. I still remember how you splash coffee onto my suit the first time I saw you.’ Sunggyu just rolled his eyes and yawned, well, Sunggyu was never a morning person and asking him out at 8 in the morning was never a good idea.

 

‘Oh come on. I didn’t know that you’ll hold a grudge for that long. It’s been like half a year!’ Woohyun pouted.

 

Yup. Half a year. That’s how long Sunggyu had tolerated the younger. Even he himself was surprised that he stayed onto the job for so long and he wasn’t well-known for his patience. He used to get so fed up teaching Myungsoo English Literature that he literally flipped the study table. Yeah, came to this question again, where the hell did all those patience came from?

 

‘Here you go.’ Woohyun held out a cotton candy to Sunggyu and Sunggyu’s brows furrowed.

 

‘I don’t really like sweet stuff.’ Because it reminds him of someone.

 

‘Well, I love sweet stuff so you’re going to eat tons and tons of sweet stuff with me today!’

 

‘And ended up in the hospital with doctors telling me that I’m suffering from diabetes? No thanks.’ Sunggyu snorted.

 

‘Hyung, you’re so boring.’ Woohyun his cotton candy like a small kid. ‘Besides, I’ve been eating sweets as though there is no tomorrow and I’m still as fit as an ox. You said that because you’re lazy bum and you don’t exercise hyung.’

 

‘What did you just say?’ Sunggyu narrowed his eyes at Woohyun. Nobody. Not even one. Had called him, Kim Sunggyu, a lazy bum before.

 

Our dearest ladies and gentlemen, let’s just skipped the part that Sunggyu attempt to murder Woohyun but failed since the younger’s clumsy syndrome acted up again.

 

‘Yah! Nam Woo—‘Sunggyu was about to call Woohyun when he heard a very, very familiar voice. Far too familiar.

 

‘Hi Sunggyu! Long time no see! Ah… I see that you’re no different from me, already having fun with a new boyfriend aren’t you?’ The man stood behind him smirked.

 

‘Sunggyu hyung?’ Woohyun looked cautiously at Sunggyu while looking at the guy standing behind Sunggyu, back and forth.

 

‘W-Woohyun ah. Let’s just go.’ Sunggyu said with shivering voice as he tried to compose himself.

 

‘What? Running away doesn’t help you know. Sunggyu ah, my dear Sunggyu. I doubt that you could never get over me, could you? I can’t believe that your taste is so bad now.’ The person continued with his nasty words.

 

‘Well, I don’t think you should say this sort of mean stuff to others. It’s not like you have any better taste! Look at your jeans! It looks like as though you’re some beggar or something. Mind you, I don’t care who you are but don’t you say this kind of stuff to Sunggyu hyung! He’s a nice person that you doesn’t even deserve at all!’ Woohyun suddenly felt angry at the person’s words. How could he talk to such a kind person like that?

 

‘What?! Beggar?! Yah! Do you know that Justin Bieber had worn this jeans before?! I got it from the auction for a million dollar!’

 

‘Pff! Even worst, taking others old clothes to wear. I bet that my granny’s clothes has a better sense of fashion than you.’ Woohyun snorted.

 

‘Woohyun, let’s just go. No point wasting your saliva on some useless people.’ Sunggyu still wouldn’t face the nasty stranger but pulled Woohyun’s wrist and ran for his dear life while his tears were rolling down his cheeks and he didn’t bother to wipe them away.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: Oh hoho. Who is that person exactly? A cliff-hanger, yay! Okay. I'm so lame. I bet that all of you could figure out who that person was. Anyway, I decided to update since I was so sick of studying biology for the whole freakin' 12 hours today. >_< (Anyone feel my pain???) Okay. Exams being a but I'm gonna be ier than them. (Lol is there such word?) Cause I'm not going to update until next week. Hehehe. And oh, who is anticipating Yadong and Myungyeol? Let me reassure you that they'll come real soon. ;)Just bear with me for a chapter more. Hope you guys don't mind the long chap since I'm trying really hard to keep this to a three shot. So much of my ranting.

 

Thank you for reading, subbing, upvoting and commenting! :)

 

Do leave me some comments please? ><

 

And oh, pardon me for any typo or grammar mistake. I'll correct them when I finish typing the Fool. Bear with my mistakes for a while please. ^^