The Fool - III

Fate

It hurts. It hurts so much. Sunggyu let go of Woohyun and walked briskly, clutching his chest and his vision was blurring up. Why? It had been six months, but still, why his heart ached so much that it was almost unbearable?

 

‘Hyung! Gyu hyung! Wait for me!’ Woohyun was trying to catch up with Sunggyu. ‘Hyung, can you please tell me who that jerk was? He seriously made me hate his guts.’

 

‘Woohyun ah. He…’ Sunggyu wasn’t sure whether to tell Woohyun or not but decided that he should let the younger know, he trusted the younger enough. ‘Let me tell you a story instead.’

 

Sunggyu sat down at a bench and Woohyun sat next to him, looking at him with anticipating eyes. After a long silence, Sunggyu finally opened his mouth.

 

‘There was a guy, he wasn’t handsome and he was quiet. In another words, he was just a typical university students you can find on the streets, nothing outstanding. He studied hard, topped the level and met this handsome guy during the third year of his university life. They talked and soon, became friends, hangout a lot of times. The typical university student made more friends because of his handsome friend who was popular and rich. One day, the handsome friend suddenly confessed to the typical student, and the typical student, being a naïve young boy and not knowing what love was, agreed to go out with him.

 

They started to go out together, and everyone said that they were one cute and sweet couple, until a girl came to the typical student and informed him about his boyfriend cheating behind his back. Of course, the typical student who was dwelling in the sweetness of love and blinded by it, didn’t believe a word that she said. He asked his boyfriend about it and his boyfriend reassured him that he would never do such thing. Being the gullible one, the typical student believed his words and decided to leave things that way.

 

They dated for a year and a half, and they graduated, went to the same company to work so that they could see each other more often. It was his boyfriend’s birthday, and the typical student wanted to give a pleasant surprise to his lovely boyfriend, so he decided to buy a cake and present and deliver them personally to his boyfriend’s home. He went to his boyfriend’s home that Saturday, entered the passcode and opened the door of the apartment.’

 

Sunggyu paused for a little while and closed his eyes painfully before continuing.

 

‘He heard something. Something called . He went to the source of the noise to investigate, which was his boyfriend’s room. The moment he opened the door, all he saw was his boyfriend, on top of another person, . It was true after all. His boyfriend had been cheating on him. The typical student dropped the cake and the present on the floor turned, walking into the kitchen. A few moments later, his boyfriend just casually walked towards him, dressed in a bathrobe, asking him why he didn’t called before he came. The typical student asked him why he did that instead of answer his question, but instead of being sorry, his boyfriend simply shrugged and answered him that he didn’t want him to know it, but it was the typical student’s fault that he didn’t inform beforehand. So it was the typical student’s fault, for being dense, stupid and not sensitive enough to figure out that his boyfriend had been cheating on him. The typical student was so heartbroken and went home to cry his eyes out, drowning himself with a bottle of alcohol after another, he quitted his job since he didn’t want to see his ex-boyfriend anymore.’

 

Sunggyu opened his eyes again and looked at Woohyun, but surprised to find that Woohyun was in tears.

 

‘H-hyung. The story is so sad.’ Woohyun kept crying.

 

‘Woohyun, why are you crying? Shh…. Stop crying.’ Sunggyu wiped away Woohyun’s tears with his fingers and gave the younger a hug.

 

‘So… So what happen to the typical student now?’

 

‘Living his own life, trying to avoid his ex-boyfriend, trying to forget about him and thanks to a clumsy co-worked he had, he was eventually forgetting about his ex-boyfriend, until today, he bummed into him again and the feeling of hurt made a comeback.’ Sunggyu answered.

 

‘Can I meet the typical student then?’ Woohyun asked.

 

‘Well…’ Sunggyu tapped his chin. ‘You’ve already met him, and his ex-boyfriend too.’

 

‘Really? Where? Where?’ Woohyun’s eyes widened as he looked around and Sunggyu chuckled at the sight of cute Woohyun.

 

‘He’s here. Sitting safe and sound beside you.’ Sunggyu said quietly.

 

Woohyun looked at his left, then looked at his right. The only person that was seated beside him was Sunggyu.

 

‘Hyung you’re the only per…’ It took Woohyun a few seconds for his brain to register that the so-called typical student was actually Sunggyu, his Sunggyu hyung.

 

‘S-Sunggyu hyung?! You’re the typical student?’ Woohyun was dumbfounded.

 

‘Yes.’ Sunggyu looked up to the sky.

 

‘I-I’m sorry.’ Woohyun muttered.

 

‘Why are you apologizing? It isn’t your fault that this kind of thing happen to me.’ Sunggyu gave him his signature eye smile.

 

It’s just… I made you tell me about everything, you know.’ Woohyun had that guilty look on his face.

 

‘Nah. I have to let it out somehow. You’re the second person whom I’ve talked to about this. Actually, I’m glad that you’re here to listen to me, especially after meeting Lee Joon just now.’ Sunggyu waved it off.

 

‘But…’

 

‘Look. If you’re still feeling guilty, then get me one of those.’ Sunggyu pointed at the ice-cream outlet on the street.

 

‘Roger!’ Woohyun jumped up from his seat and ran there.

 

Sunggyu observed the younger, he was amazed by the fact that it wasn’t him who ended up crying but it was Woohyun. He never knew this side of Woohyun, the emotional Woohyun. He felt as though all the burdens were lifted off him the moment he let out everything, he remembered talking to Myungsoo but it didn’t seem to ease the pain at all. Why? Why did talking to Woohyun made him feel so… safe and most important of all, no pain, no sadness? His train of thought was interrupted by the suddenly coldness in his palm. He looked down and saw a vanilla ice-cream sandwich with a smiley face drawn with chocolate syrup was place on his hand carefully. He looked up and saw a grinning Woohyun, his chocolate-chip ice-cream cone happily.

 

‘How did you know that this is my favorite?’ Sunggyu asked after taking a bite of his ice-cream sandwich.

 

‘Hmm… I don’t know. I just feel like ordering it for you.’ Woohyun shrugged and the ice-cream surrounded his upper lips, Sunggyu sighed as he took out a tissue to wipe it off for Woohyun.

 

They ate in silence for about a minutes or two, before Woohyun started to ask Sunggyu question again.

 

‘Hyung.’

 

‘Hm?’

 

‘Who is the first person you tell this to?’

 

‘My younger brother. He’s living with me so yeah.’ Sunggyu shrugged.

 

They walked around the city until night, before they parted their ways.

 

‘Thanks, hyunnie.’ Sunggyu smiled, waved and turned, failing to see the suspicious blush forming on Woohyun’s cheeks.

 

‘Hyunnie?’ Woohyun repeated and he snapped out of his stoning state before skipping to the subway to take the train home.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________

 

‘Yah. Nam Woohyun.’ Sungyeol called out carefully to him when he saw a shadow standing at Woohyun’s doorstep, but it turned out that it was the owner himself.

 

‘Yeah?’ Woohyun turned towards him dreamily with a stupid grin on his face.

 

‘Yah! What’s wrong with you?’ Sungyeol grabbed Woohyun’s shoulders and shook it.

 

‘He’s so adorable…’ Woohyun continued dreaming.

 

‘Yah! Nam Woohyun! Time to wake up!’ Sungyeol wacked Woohyun’s head, hard and caused the shorter one to whine instantly.

 

‘What? Oh hey. Hi Sungyeol! You won’t believe what a great day I have today!’ Woohyun’s face lit up.

 

‘Are you drunk or something?’ Sungyeol gave him a judging look.

 

‘No. Of course not. He so adorable yet so fragile… I should make my move shouldn’t I? Oh my goodness! Sungyeol! Do you think I’m in love?’ Woohyun suddenly grabbed onto Sungyeol’s skinny yet muscular arm, which freaked the taller man out.

 

‘Yeah. Yeah. You’re definitely in love. You look like one love-sickened dumb bunny, now let go of me will ya?’ Sungyeol was trying to pry off Woohyun’s strong grip. Geez. What’s with Woohyun today? What blow did Woohyun receive today that turned him into this state?

 

‘See you tomorrow!’ Woohyun went into his  own house and slammed the door shut.

 

‘Yeol? What’s wrong? Why are you standing outside?’ Myungsoo rubbed his eyes cutely, still hugging one of Sungyeol’s plushie.

 

‘Nothing. It’s just that Woohyun was insane.’

 

‘Woohyun? Who’s that?’

 

‘My neighbor. Go back to sleep. I’m dead tired now.’ Sungyeol pushed him back into the house and shut the door.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________

 

‘Morning Sunggyu hyung.’ Hoya greeted him with a smile in the lift.

 

‘Morning.’ Sunggyu returned the smile.

 

‘I have a small piece of advice for you. Want to hear it?’ Hoya asked.

 

‘Sure. Why not?’

 

‘Try to trust others. When you can’t, listen to your heart and follow your heart, not your own will and you’ll definitely move on in life.’ Hoya said before stepping out of the lift, leaving Sunggyu alone in it trying to figure out what he meant.

 

‘Morning Woohyun.’ Sunggyu said before sitting down on his desk.

 

‘M-morning hyung.’ Woohyun use a bunch of documents to cover up whatever he had been doing.

 

‘What have you been doing? Why are you blushing?’ Sunggyu asked with some confusion.

 

‘N-nothing.’ You’re the reason I’m blushing. Woohyun of course didn’t say out the last sentence.

 

They worked in silence, but Sunggyu occasionally caught the younger staring at him.

 

‘Is there something on my face?’ Sunggyu touched his own face and asked when he caught Woohyun starting at him for the fifth time in an hour.

 

‘There’s nothing on your face.’ Only cuteness. Woohyun stuttered.

 

‘They why are you staring at me?’ Sunggyu demanded this time, man Woohyun had been acting weird, like really weird.

 

‘There’s… There’s a fly. Yes! A fly that keep flying towards your direction.’ Woohyun tried to came up with an excuse.

 

‘Really? I don’t see it anywhere. Maybe I should bring pesticide in tomorrow.’ Sunggyu concluded and Woohyun tried his best not to stare for the rest of the day.

 

The next day and the next and the next, okay, to put it simple, for the entire week, Woohyun avoided Sunggyu and Sunggyu could no longer take it as he needed to work out a finance plan with Woohyun for next month.

 

‘Nam Woohyun.’ Sunggyu called out when Woohyun came back from lunch.

 

‘Y-Yes hyung?’ Woohyun stuttered.

 

‘Come over here.’ Sunggyu was sitting on the couch and patted the seat beside him, Woohyun obliged and gulped.

 

‘Now tell me. What’s wrong with you?’ Sunggyu seemed to be gravely concerned.

 

‘N-nothing.’ Woohyun looked at his hands.

 

‘Yah! I told you my problem the other time, you should tell me your problem too. Maybe I can make you feel better?’ Sunggyu was trying to reason out with Woohyun.

 

‘Really, hyung. Mine’s no big deal. I can settle by myself.’ Woohyun looked up, but still wouldn’t make eye contact with Sunggyu.

 

‘Nam Woohyun.’ Sunggyu just grabbed his chin and made Woohyun looked at him in eyes. ‘Then I ask you, why the hell are you avoiding me? We have a financial plan to draw up for the company and now you’re acting like this, how are we going to work?’

 

‘Hyung… I… can’t say.’ Woohyun’s voice was almost a whisper.

 

‘Why?’ Sunggyu felt hurt. Was it really essential fort eh younger to avoid him?

 

‘I… just can’t.’

 

‘Then tell me a good reason and you can continue doing what you want.’ Sunggyu let go of Woohyun’s chin.

 

‘Hyung. I-‘

 

‘You what?’ Sunggyu was getting really impatient.

 

‘I think I like.’ Woohyun just stopped there.

 

‘Like what? I don’t really care what or who you like. Just tell me, why are you avoiding me when you like something?’

 

‘Because I like you!’ Woohyun finally blurted it out and Sunggyu’s eyes widened in shock. ‘See? Now you get it? Now you get it why I can’t tell you and I’m trying to avoid you?’

 

‘W-Woohyun I-‘ Sunggyu was lost of words. The younger liked him?

 

Instead of saying another word, Woohyun just ran out of the room and went out of the building, he was hurt. He knew that it wouldn’t be possible for Sunggyu to like him back but still, he couldn’t help his feelings. He was just an annoying trouble maker from the start. He asked one of his friends, Key, for advice. He didn’t say his own name, neither did he say Sunggyu’s name, but the answer he got from Key was, never confess to someone who hadn’t recover from their previous relationship. That was the reason why Woohyun started to avoid Sunggyu under all possible circumstances.

 

Sunggyu was still sitting on the couch. He was still trying to take in Woohyun’s confession. He had to admit that after spending some time with the younger, he actually had taken a liking to the younger and well, possibly like him in the future. But what just happened was too sudden. It was difficult. There was a fear. A fear to love someone again, after what happened to Lee Joon and him. He was afraid that history would repeat itself.

 

‘Try to trust others. When you can’t, listen to your heart and follow your heart, not your own will and you’ll definitely move on in life.’ Sunggyu suddenly remembered what Hoya told him a few days back. Yes. His heart told him that Woohyun was nothing like Lee Joon. Woohyun was innocent and kind, although he was clumsy. Sunggyu finally broke out into a smile after two hours of sitting on the couch, stoning. He knew what exactly he needed to do.

 

That was to find Nam Woohyun. Sunggyu walked to the park near the office and bingo! He found Woohyun, stuffing himself with one marshmallow after another. Woohyun saw Sunggyu and tried to run but Sunggyu was quick enough to grabbed the younger and pulled him into a hug. Sunggyu could feel Woohyun stiffening and tried to struggle but Sunggyu hug him even tighter.

 

‘H-Hyung… Let go… I-I can’t breathe.’ Woohyun smacked Sunggyu shoulders lightly.

 

‘Nope. Not until you hear what I have to say.’ Sunggyu whispered into Woohyun’s ears, sending shivers down Woohyun’s spine.

 

‘W-What?’ Woohyun yelled and Sunggyu felt as though his ear drums were going to burst soon.

 

‘I like you, too.’ Sunggyu said.

 

Woohyun stopped struggling immediately and Sunggyu finally let go of him. He looked at the younger’s face slowly heating up and felt a sense of satisfaction. Sunggyu gave him a handsome grin before walking away.

 

‘Yah! Hyung! Where are you going?’ Woohyun yelled.

 

‘Back to the office, where else? A bunch of work is crying out to me.’ Sunggyu looked back and smiled again, which made Woohyun blush even harder.

 

‘W-Wait for me!’ Woohyun chased after Sunggyu while grinning like an idiot with flustered cheeks,

 

__________________________________________________________________________________

 

A few years later.

 

‘Appa!’ A cute little girl ran towards Sunggyu.

 

‘Aigoo! You’re awake, Jihyun ah.’ Sunggyu smiled as he picked up the three years old girl.

 

‘Ah! Noona! Come down! Appa is mine!’ A small boy cried when he clumsily fell onto the ground as he tripped over his own legs.

 

‘Sunghoon ah, stop crying. I made breakfast so let’s go and eat, okay?’ Woohyun smiled as he picked up the small bawling boy.

 

Sunggyu and Woohyun were now married and adopted two children since Woohyun wanted them, Sunggyu was a little reluctant at first so he agreed to only one child, but ended up saying that he wanted another.

 

‘Hyung, Myungsoo called just now, he said that he’s visiting.’ Woohyun place Sunghoon onto the baby high chair carefully.

 

‘Really? He comes almost everyday doesn’t he?’ Sunggyu frowned a little. ‘I bet he’s here to play with them, not to visit us. Not to mention that today is a Saturday.’

 

‘I know.’ Woohyun smiled.

 

Woohyun was really shock when he saw Myungsoo. He didn’t know Sungyeol’s boyfriend was Sunggyu’s brother! Sunggyu only laughed, much to Woohyun’s annoyance.

 

The bell rang the moment Sunggyu set Jihyun on her chair.

 

‘I’ll go and get it.’ Woohyun rushed to the door.

 

‘Hi hyung.’ Myungsoo greeted.

 

‘Jihyun ah!’

 

‘Sunghoon ah!’ The Myungyeol couple called out at the same time when they stepped into the house.

 

‘Oh! It’s Yeol ahjussi!’ Jihyun squealed in delight.

 

‘Hi Soo soo ahjussi.’ Sunghoon smiled and greeted cutely.

 

‘Aish. It’s going to be a long day I swear. With four kids to take care with.’ Sunggyu rubbed his temple.

 

‘Don’t worry. They’ll go in an hour’s time, I’m pretty sure that Sungyeol will suggest that they go to the park or something.’ Woohyun gave a peak on his husband’s lips and Sunggyu gladly returned it.

 

‘We’ll see.’

 

‘But it also means one more thing.’

 

‘What?’ Sunggyu eyed Woohyun curiously.

 

‘More of ‘our’ time together.’ Woohyun winked at Sunggyu.

 

And Sunggyu decided that Woohyun wasn’t so innocent after all.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: Hey! Sorry for taking so long to update. Well, 'The Fool' has officially finished! Yay! /Giving myself a pat on shoulder/ Anyways, did you guys find out about the characteristic of this particular car? No? Well, I must admit that I didn't really reinforce it. ._. Which is a total failure as an author. /Sigh/ Okay, so it's up to you to see whether I had portray the card correctly since I really think I didn't. Oh well. Like I care. Hope you guys had enjoyed 'The Fool' and we will have our next couple (well, definitely not Woogyu). Do anticipate! (So much of my ranting lmao)

 

The Fool

 

Love: The appearance of the Fool in the context of love could mean that you aren't ready for a commitment yet, even though others may be pressing you for one. This is a positive harbinger for your love life; lots of fun seems to be in the offing. Just don't let your desire for fun make you overlook "the real thing" (real, true, deep love) should it come your way now.

 

Keyword: Trust

 

Last but not least…

Thanks for reading, subbing, upvoting and commenting. <3

 

Do comment so I know how the FF's going. ;)

 

See y’all in 'The Magician'!