hyuk | just a smile

⊹ * kim namjoo drabble collection ⊹ *
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hi.” She shouted, not out of rudeness, but to make amends with the blasting music through the speakers. She smiled to make up for the act, and actually leaned in to hear what I have to say.

“Hi.” I swore I saw her eyes sparkle the moment I said the word back. She had this silly smile on her face that made me think there was some unsaid joke in our first meeting. She either found me too hot or the whole situation ridiculous. After all, we were squished between sweaty bodies, trying to call the bartender’s attention. She did tell me the joke behind her silly smile on the second time we went out on a date. She said it was because of the latter. I agreed.

“I saw you looking all lonely and miserable here. I had to come up and pick up all your broken pieces. Not that you mind, right?” She wasn’t shy, which took me by a big surprise. It wasn’t the first time a girl initiated the conversation with me, but she brought a certain kind of air into the whole situation that made me take a swig of my drink and actually pay attention to her.

“Was I that obvious?” I put down my drink and faced her because I knew the following minutes were going to be interesting. I wasn’t wrong. The flirtation did go on for a few hours, until it got serious and we both figured it was best to handle it like an adult and quit fooling around.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter