제어 not welcome

The 13th Time

Luhan's breathing was silent, the only indication was his chest rising up and down. He was overly sensitive to his own body's actions: his heart's beating, his hair being bent by the wind, his ears twitching and his foot grinding against the bark on the tree. However, no noise – no presence whatsover – could be detected from the elf. He had his bow drawn, the arrowhead glimmering in anticipation. 

The vampire stomped through the woods, clearly looking for his next hunt. His dark eyes cast back and forth from the bushes to the open spaces. Searching for any movement that'd lead to his prey. Luhan noted how terrible this vampire was at hunting. Stomping through the woods, rampaging through animals' homes, was definitely not the way to go about shadowing them. He extended his arm, tightening the bowstring. He aimed. 

A hiss sliced through the air as Luhan shot at the vampire. Elves never missed their target. 

The vampire grunted in pain as the arrow shot into his right shoulder. He gripped the shaft and carelessly pulled it out. Luhan smirked, something he didn't do very often. His warm features looked smug and haughty. That's when he began to look around frantically, not even caring to look after his wound. Luhan knew it'd have no serious effect; his arrowhead wasn't silver. 

By the time Luhan nimbly jumped to the ground and faced the vampire, his wound had already closed. The elf held his chin up high. 

"You are not welcome in this forest, leech. You did not request permission to kill or hunt here," Luhan declared, his seemingly pure voice ringing with a weight of authority and assertion. The vampire let out a scoff. It was clear to tell that he didn't take Luhan seriously. He rolled his shoulders confidently, tryig to show that whatever the elf did, it wouldn't affect him. 

The vampire had a stoic face as he stared down the elf. "You can't make me do anything. Isn't it the elves' way of life to let things be?" 

Luhan didn't reply. Instead, he hit the vampire's chest with the lower limb of his bow, making him stumble back. The elf then tackled the vampire, pulling out a silver knife and holding it at his throat. The vampire's shirt crumpled into Luhan's tight fist. His gaze was animalistic and fiery, as he literally stared down. The vampire had a flash of fear in his eyes as he struggled against Luhan's weight. However, it was in vain. 

"I protect nature. I protect the world. If you are going to threaten my forest with your mindless rampages and messy massacres, I will do whatever it takes to make sure all the lives that are under my guardianship are safe. Even if it means ridding the world of an insignificant leech." 

There was such a powerful tension between the two that it made the trees quiver. An enraged elf and a careless vampire. A careless vampire who didn't want to prey on humans, but feed off of animals. Luhan wanted to respect such a decision, but it was that he was thoughtless about the animals' feelings. He just couldn't let that pass. 

Spit met with Luhan's cheek.

His grip grew tighter on the vampire's shirt as he raised his knife, ready to strike. That was enough of this foolish arrogance. Even though it was clear that the vampire was still young, Luhan refused to let his attitude destroy anything else. 

Just as he was about to strike, a beast tackled the elf off of the vampire. He tumbled back, landing on his back. Instantly, he moved so that he was supported by his elbows, trying to recover from such a powerful blow. When his vision came clear, Luhan saw a familiar creature. He was about the size of a horse, with strong legs and hooves. His body was covered in golden feathers, a long tail swishing back and forth angrily. His beak was a bright yellow and even though they were resting at his sides, his wings still looked to be of magnificent size. A loud roar resonated from the beast's throat; a lion's roar. 

It was one of the few griffons he knew of: Kai. "What are you doing? Protecting this bottomfeeder like he was worth his life?" Luhan seethed as he scrambled to his feet. Luhan noted the dark green blanket tied around the griffon's abdomen, for when he shapeshifted. The vampire stood and dusted off his clothes, standing behind Kai. 

Kai ruffled his feathers before shapeshifting, turning into a handsome young man with a black bedhead and only a green blanket to cover his body. He readjusted the blanket so that it'd drape over one his shoulders, becoming more secure. "He is a friend, Luhan. Like all friends, he needs to be protected," he muttered, glancing towards Sehun. His smirk was utterly satisfied, which made Luhan want to strike him all the more. 

"He is no friend of mine!" he barked, throwing his hands up in exasperation. "Leave! The both of you! Before the forest makes you leave." 

Luhan turned away. As an elf, he tried to be understanding as much as he could. However, he couldn't let himself be this time. As good as a friend Kai was, he would not allow the vampire near him. Now, he wouldn't allow Kai near him. "Luhan..."

"I said leave!"

The nearby trees suddenly bent forward, extending their branches towards the two creatures. Kai gulped and ushered the vampire away. They ran off, hopefully towards the city. Or even the ruins that outskirted the southern forest, where the last battle between two different creatures took place. 

Unfortunately, such a dead place was caused by the elves and the vampires.