제어 like i'm nothing

The 13th Time

"Whatever you do, Luhan, I advise you not to kill that vampire," D.O countered, the baku's eyes glimmering with concern. "He is part of rejuvanating this world. As an elf, you should know how unhealthy the earth is becoming."

"And it's because of filthy grime creatures like that vampire! They pollute our poor atmosphere with their cockiness and greed. Not only them but humans and other creatures, as well. If we ever hope to rejuvanate the damage that has been done, we need to first exterminate all threats to nature," the elf shot back, his left pointed ear twitching irritably. There was not much that could set off Luhan's temper but that vampire had once again tried to venture into his forest, especially when he told him not to. Not only that, other haughty vampires have resorted to massacreing his wildlife to sustain themselves. "Foolish leeches, that's all vampires are."

"Consider what you say," Chanyeol also began to reason. "I have no soft spots for vampires, either. Heck, I'd love to see a world without the creatures. But, as it is what it is, they're here to stay. The Creator wanted them here and we should respect that opinion, especially since all that he's done for us." 

"Tch, do you sincerely believe that, phoenix?" the unnamed man questioned, the acid dripping from his tongue effortlessly. 

"I believe what my old friend, Kyungsoo, has to say. I trust him more than I trust anything this world has to show me," Chanyeol responded, resting his hand on the baku's shoulder. D.O grinned widely, thankful for a friend like the phoenix. 

"That sounds a bit naive, even for a phoenix," Luhan muttered. Even then, he took a deep sigh, his eyes hardening towards D.O. "I'll hear what you say. The vampire usually comes in at dusk for his first bloodbath. He has an insatiable appetite that apparently nothing can curb." 

"And you said he comes in with a griffon? Do you know his name?" D.O asked, looking over the small list of names he had in his hand. 

"Jongin. Most know him by Kai," Luhan muttered. "He's a good creature, unlike his friend. I'd wish no harm done to him." 

"Both are creatures that we need to recruit," D.O muttered, mostly to himself. He double checked with the names once more before nodding towards the young man. With hopeful eyes, he thought about how it'd be if D.O truly did manage to round up all the creatures responsible for saving the world. They'd all be friends because of him. That'd be something to be proud of. 

Before D.O could comprehend it, Luhan was at Sehun's throat, with the basilisk, Baekhyun, holding the elf back and Kai holding the vampire back. "You hold my requests as if they are nothing! As if I am nothing! But I am keeper of this forest! And I have told you many times to leave this place alone!" Luhan barked, trying his best to get out of Baekhyun's hold. 

"Yeah? And what am I supposed to do? Starve to death because you value animals more than intelligible creatures?" Sehun growled. 

"No one would miss you, parasite." 

Before Sehun and Kai could get offended by such a statement, a bright flash of lightning streaked to the ground, blackening a small circle just off to the right of the men. Jongdae stepped out of the lightning. As the bright blue-white light disappeared, Jinae was seen clinging onto Xiumin, both their hairs standing on end. Jinae's eyes were frantic and fascinated at the same time. 

"That's not something you would say, Luhan. And I have reason to believe it's my fault." Jongdae's anger was replaced with arrogance and charm. 

"Whoa, it's a thunderbird," Kai muttered breathlessly.

"Chen. Don't treat my anger as if it's nothing, please." Luhan huffed, finally able to shake off Baekhyun's hold. "I am just as responsible as you are."