Don't Give Up

The Artist

This was supposed to be a good day. A good day where I thought about my place and manage to draw Kyungsoo .

Instead I'm sitting in the nurses office with an oxygen mask strapped to my face.

That's it, I'm dropping this class. I can't do it. The only thing I actually do is humilliate myself. I'm either going to have to switch my major, or just pray that I can get by as a serious artist with a phobia of . Yes, I Kai am admitting defeat. I'm done trying.

"Jongin don't give up." I hear coming from the door. I rip off my mask quickly, though I know he already saw it, and turn my attention to the door.

"What other choice do I have?"

"You could always keep trying. Why do you want to give up?" He asks.

"It's not like I want to, I just have to." I say standing up and grabbing my backpack.

"Don't give up." He whines.

"Think of it as putting me out of my misery. I was just setting myself up to fail." I say while walking out of the office.

"But you don't have to fail."

"Kyungsoo you've seen what goes on with me during class, I'm going to fail. Why do you care anyway?" I say as he follows me through the hall.

"Because you're my friend. I don't want to see you fail."

I look over to his warm brown eyes, filled with concern, and I smile a little. He makes me want to keep trying. I don't really know why, but I feel like going back next monday and try again.

"That's really nice of you, but how would monday be any different from today? How would it not just be another  day of me reenacting the murder scenes from The House of Wax?" I ask of him.

"Well, do you remember I said I was going to help you?" He said with a blinding smile.

"Oh, yes. And may I ask how are you planning to do that?" I say as we make it to the parking lot.

", duh." He says.

That literally manages to stop my heart and cause me to see so many spots that I run my face right into the light pole next to my car. Ouch. I fall flat on my , my hands clutching my forehead while I groan in pain. 

"Oh my God! Are you okay? I'm so sorry, I was just kidding." He says knealing down next to me.

"Don't kid about things like this! I think my face is broken."

"Can you actually break your face?" He asks, eyebrows knitting together.

"So not the point here!" I said growing annoyed.

"Sorry." He says laughing.

"Jerk." I grumble.

"Awww I'm sorry. Want me to kiss it and make it better?" He asks with fake sympathy. Before I can give an remark, he leans down and lightly presses his lips to my forehead. You know, now that I think about it, I think I hurt my lips too... Wait what?

"Why are you looking at me like that?" He asks.

"Like what?"

"Like you like it." He smirks and my smile drops. My face was totally not doing that. Like I like it? Believe me, I would know if my face was doing something like that. I think...

"That's not what my face was doing." I defend.

"Was too." He shoots back.

"Was not!" I rush out.

"Uh huh. Look, why don't I give you my number and you can text me whenever you're free this weekend? Then we can hang out, you can meet my roommates, and I help you get over this problem."

"Yeah.. Let's." I sigh.

 

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

 

To be honest, I'm a little nervous. It's Saturday and Kyungsoo is dedicating his whole day just to help me get over this phobia thing. It's so useless but he keeps insisting that he can help me. And who am I to turn him down right?

I take a deep breath before knocking on the apartment door. What if he gave me the wrong apartment number? What if there's a psychotic dude in there waiting for a handsome young guy to skin so he can wear it to his next party? What if it's the Craigslist killer? What if it's a serial looking for his next slave? What if it's- 

"Hey Jongin."

"!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. Annnnnnd I'm launched out of my thoughts and brought back to earth, where Kyungsoo is looking at me like he actually just witnessed a . 

I cleared my throat. "So... You like movies?" I say cracking a smile.

"S-sure." He says with the same petrified look. After a minute of awkward silence and avoiding eye contact he steps back to let me in.

"Anyway... I'm glad you could make it." He says with a smile.

"Yeah, I didn't have anything planned. Not that if I had plans I would blow you off. Wait that sounded dirty... I meant that even if I did have plans I wouldn't go to them.. I would go to yours. Cause you're awesome..." I trail off. God, I am an idiot.

"Jongin, relax. There's no need to be nervous. I'm not going to you." He says smirking at me. 

"Good, because I'm not really a person." I immediatly close my mouth. Did I seriously just told him that? To my surprise, he just laughs at my response and leads me to the living room. Nice one Kai. Why don't you just tell him about your ual preferences while you're at it?

"Jongin, this is my roommate, Luhan. Luhan this is a good friend of mine, Jongin." Kyungsoo says to a guy sitting on the couch. I'm his good friend? Oh yes.

At first the guy looks me up and down, intimidating me, then breaks out in a huge smile. "Nice to meet you." He says before paying attention back to the TV.

I hear a door open to my left and Kyungsoo's attention follows.

"And you already know my other roommate." He says with a giggle.

"Jongin, long time no see." I hear a cold voice say. I turn my head praying that the owner of the voice is not who I think it is and... Oh dear God.

Oh no. Oh nonononono.

My voice comes out weak.

"S-Sehun?"