second round

lucky bag

1. leo (vixx)/ hwayoung (t-ara): work me- the black keys

leo was sweet.

very sweet.

and quiet.

and gentlemanly.

almost too gentlemanly.

it had been at least five dates and all hwayoung had gotten was a kiss, and that just- wasn't enough anymore.

oh sure, she was in the relationship for more than the physical, but the physical was nice dammit.

so she asked him to watch a movie, and they were sitting on her bed in her room and the movie was playing (some chick flick she'd seen a million times and leo seemed to be nodding off in) and the lights were dim and-

she threw her leg over his lap and settled herself comfortably, grinning down at him as he blinked up at her.

'so, you know how it works, right?' she teased and he remained impassive. ', i mean,' she clarified and he nodded. 'good, because i'm getting impatient.'

this time, when she pressed her lips to his, expecting to have to work for it, his mouth was hot and hungry against hers and his hands were warm on his waist and he tugged her closer and somehow found the remote and she heard the movie click off before he flipped her onto the bed, a hand sliding up her top, and heat grew in her belly as he nipped at her neck, a hand sliding up her thigh, his other hand cupping her bra and when she felt his smile into her skin when she couldn't hold back small mewls she though dazedly that evidently she just hadn't been direct enough before.

2. aj (ukiss)/ daesung (big bang): into the night- alkaline trio

aj didn't expect death to be this... happy.

not that death was happy, the place was rather grim, carrion birds screeching over an endless stretch of dry cracked earth and all aj wanted to do was scream and run away, run back to-

but then all he smelled was burned rubber and spilled petrol and all he heard was sirens and screams and crunching metal and a lump rose in his throat and he wanted to throw up- which apparently he couldn't do in this pre-valhalla or where ever he was, so he was left on all fours, dry-heaving.

but death the person- death the person looked like the nicest guy aj had ever met, as he crouched down next to him rubbing his back and aj scrambled away from the strange touch, warmth and ice cold, looking up at a friendly eyesmile.

'who are you?' he gasped out and the guy laughed softly.

'death, i guess would be the most commonplace name, but i prefer daesung.' he smiled and aj felt like he was about to have a panic attack, breath quickening and oh dear he was hyperventilating, was he supposed to be able to do that while dead? 'it's a bit of a shock, isn't it? it's pretty grim here, but the next level is a lot better, I promise.'  

3. yuna (aoa)/ u-kwon (block b): it's our time now- plain white t's

yuna giggles as yukwon whispers nonsense into her skin, broken lyrics and threadbare promises and endless praise, tied together with alcohol-laced sincerity, a drink in one hand and her in the other, and when he whispers 'let's run away together' she wants to say yes.

'where to?' she says instead, playing cautious and he laughs, loud and bright and addictive, pressing his lips to hers in a swift intoxicating kiss. 

'anywhere you want to go,' he says, 'everywhere. let's see the world. paris. new york. rome. tokyo. where do you want to go?'

'everywhere,' she whispers against his lips, 'take me everywhere. show me everything.'

'we'll tear down the world, babe,' he promises, eyes twinkling with a universe of possibilities, 'you and i, we can do it together. they won't know what hit them.'

and she ducks her head into the crook of her neck and laughs because he's warm under her touch and he's ignited fire under her skin and he wants to give her the moon and the stars and she is more than ready to take them.

she doesn't want to let go, not now, not ever, not with effervescent butterflies keeping her afloat three inches off the ground, safe in his arms.

4. n (vixx)/ heechul (super junior): body of water- red hot chili peppers

'how are you the parent!' hakyeon cried frustratedly as heechul jutted his chin out belligerently. 'why won't you allow me to do anything! all you do it sit on your stupid throne and-'

hakyeon sputtered, wiping water from his face after a wave leapt up and doused him. 'why would you do that?' he yelled, stamping up and down, and heechul resisted the urge to grin.

'throwing a tantrum isn't the best way to convince me you're all grown up,' heechul said primly and hakyeon let out a frustrated screech.

'dad, you are being unfair-'

'no, i don't think i am, hakyeon. look at your uncle. he went running around spreading his wild oats and that just caused a whole lot of trouble.'

'i don't want to spread my wild oats that's a disgusting term, by the way-' heechul nodded in agreement: he'd always thought so. '-it's one girl, and she's a nymph and she actually likes me back, and you're really not one to talk, actually, everyone knows about that mortal lover of yours- hangeng, his name is right? and how is that any-'

hakyeon pushed his hair back from his forehead, glowering. 'could you please stop dumping water on me midsentence, i know you control the seas and everything but saltwater tastes disgusting and don't even try argue that point.'

'wasn't going to,' heechul replied with a shrug, 'so this nymph. water nymph?'

'of course,' hakyeon replied, and heechul nodded.

'is she-?'

'daughter of a river-god, dad, ew, obviously i made sure.'

heechul raised a wave threateningly.

'sorry,' hakyeon mumbled and heechul let the wave drop.

'okay. i'll let you go to her.'

'wait, really?'

'do you want me to change my mind?'

'no!' hakyeon fairly shouted, and grinned widely. 'thanks, dad. you're the best.'

'you better come when i call, though!' heechul yelled after his retreating son and got a wave of a hand in assurance which he supposed would have to do. 

ah, they grow up so fast.

5. yunho (tvxq!)/ hyunyoung (rainbow): kelsey- metro station

yunho's besotted.

changmin can't stop laughing at him whenever she walks past, black hair with a white streak in it , eyes curving into half moons as she laughs and when yunho tries to look cool and lean against the wall and is so busy staring he misses and ends up in a gangly pile of limbs on the floor yunho eyes him grumpily and hopes he actually busts a gut.

jaejoong lets out a yell that's bordering on a scream when yunho digs his fingers into his arm hard enough to leave a mark.

'she dyed her hair,' yunho breaths and jaejoong tries to unfasten his grip on his bicep, eyes fixed on swishing caramel hair.

'have you ever actually spoken to her before?' jaejoong snaps, rubbing his arm resentfully.

'hmm,' yunho replies, staring after her.

'she said hi once,' changmin supplies helpfully. 'gave him a flyer to a singing concert thing.'

'oh god, you're pathetic,' jaejoong says impatiently.

which is how yunho finds himself holding a bunch of roses and walking towards the girl of his dreams with instructions to talk to her and give her the roses under the pain of death which yunho is pretty damn sure jaejoong will inflict in the most painful way possible.

yunho is pretty sure he's sweating.

'uh, hey, hyunyoung?' he says, and she turns and blinks up at him and oh she's so tiny he just wants to cuddle her up and protect her from the world.

'oh hey! jung yunho, right? oh those are so pretty, who're they for?'

yunho blinks. 'uh. you, actually?'

'me?' hyunyoung exclaims and yunho nods, not feeling quite as nervous in the face of the pink rapidly rising in her cheeks.

'yeah. they come with a question.'

hyunyoung tilts her head questioningly.

'do you wanna go on a date with me?'

her cheeks are definitely red and yunho gives himself props as she reaches out for the roses, burying her face in them with a small smile.

'okay.'

6. hyunseung (beast)/ q.ri (t-ara): hell yes- beck

jihyun was ready to slap hyunseung through the face, because the only reason he was blasting music this loud was to piss her off, and no she was not being paranoid, he was dancing and keeping eye contact with her the entire- belligerent, defiant eye contact and her fist clenched around her pencil.

'why?' she demanded and he shrugged, loose and limber as always.

'it's breaktime.'

'it's exams,' she countered, 'there is no such thing as break time.'

'why are you using the classroom to study, then,' hyunseung said. 'everyone knows i practice here during break.'

'i am head girl of the hostel-' jihyun started and hyunseung leaned on his elbows on her desk, shutting her up immediately by his sudden proximity to her face. 

'i don't care,' he said and dropped open in indignation.

'i am head girl of hostel,' jihyun repeated loudly, 'and that demands a bit of respect.'

hyunseung shrugged. 'i didn't vote for you.'

'maybe not but the majority did,' she snapped.

he tilted his head, seemingly surveying her, and she straightened her back, determinedly not noticing how pretty his eyes were.

when he suddenly grinned she was taken aback.

'tell you what, miss head girl. dance one song with me, and if i think you've had enough fun, i'll leave and let you get back to you studying.'

'if i've had enough fun-' she started furiously, but he just turned up the music with a smirk, and she slammed her pencil on the table, standing up, because fine.

(four songs later and her notes were on the floor, his lips on hers and his hand on her thigh, the wood of the desk rough where her skirt had slid up and this was nt in the plan but what the , her next exam was really only two days later.)

7. kwanghee (ze:a)/ rain: top of the world- all american rejects

it's sweet at the top, luxurious and elegant, people's backs as stairs to higher ground, and yet when you look at the ants you call your subjects drowning in a flood of nothingness, the crown never felt heavier.

you with the smiling eyes and airs and graces, robes thick on your shoulders, we see how your smile falters when you look at us, your carefully crafted face a figurehead, the face of a ship you have no control over.

there's a joker who hides in the shadows, charming and effortlessly handsome, without a care in the world, with sharp eyes and he hold the wheel, he steers the ship and you; you who could have the power if you cared to wrest it from him; you're trapped, caught in your idolatry and while we know it is not you who did this to us, you love the man who did and that man has made you helpless, it's made you dangerous, and for that, when he falls- and he will fall- you will fall too.

it's a long way to the bottom, your majesty.

we hope you can survive the landing.

(long live the king)

8. minki (airplane)/ joo: still in love- caleb denison

she'd been a breath in the wind and yet he'd never been able to forget her smiling face, her soft laugh, her sweet voice.

so when he meets her again, years later and his heart stutter in his chest and he's hoping against hope and he stutters out his name and she looks up, hair curling around her face and catches his eye and she slowly smiles, a smile that spreads warmth through his chest because that's all he needs to know that she remembers too.

and the years fall like autumn leaves and minki is staring out the window, humming an idle song that's been stuck in his head for days and arms wind around his waist and she's standing on her tippytoes to rest her chin on his shoulder and he enfolds her in his arms and whispers into her hair.

'love you, minjoo.'

she laughs and buries her nose in his jersey. 

'love you too.'

9. changbum (100%)/ sera (9muses): i write sins not tragedies- panic! at the disco

changbum leans against the altar, looking around at the empty church, stiff starched collar already scratching at the throat, and he glances down idly to make sure his boutonniere wasn't getting crushed.

the decorations are beautiful, flowers falling in waterfalls in elaborate arrangements and he thinks idly that it's a pity the whole thing is a farce.

'how do i look?' a soft voice calls, and he turns to see her standing there, dress hugging her figure, flaring out and falling in an elegant marshmallow puff and he feels a grin steal over his face.

'beautiful,' he answers.

it's not them who are to be standing at the altar. 

not both of them, at least.

'you ready?' he asks and she shakes her head.

'no,' she mutters bitterly. 'i should never have been the perfect daughter, then i'd never have been put up for this stupid arrangement.'

'would a not-perfect daughter not have to?'

she laughs. 'as if they'd want anything less than perfection. can't tarnish their reputation now.'

'how's your reputation?'

she sighs. 'flawless, not that i care. but you know that.'

he nods slowly. 'i do.'

she reached out and grabs his wrist, pulling back his sleeve to check the time, worrying at her bottom lip. 'hey, changbum?'

'mm?'

'can i ask you for a special wedding gift?' 

he raises an eyebrow. 'what is it?'

there's a fiery determination in her eyes as she looks up at him and his breath catches in his throat. 'a kiss.'

he stills.

he's not going to deny her. he can't.

so he leans down and she stretches up and their lips brush and it's soft and sweet and tender and bitter, because it's the first and last time it'll ever happen.

he finds he can't stay for the ceremony and he's slipping away when he hears a commotion and then a yell of his name and he sees sera running towards him, barefoot and veil-less, skirts held tightly in her hands and he stumbles when she collides with him, throwing her arms around his neck, kissing him fast and hot.

'someone saw us,' she says in a hushed voice, delight lacing her words, laughter threatening to bubble out of , cheeks flushed and eyes twinkling, hair less than perfect. 'someone saw us and told him and oh god, they're furious, spitting mad, but the wedding's off, he refuses to marry me and they're probably saying the most horrible things about me, but i don't care, changbum, i don't care, because the wedding's off.'

her excitedness infects him, boouying him up inside until he's feeling almost as giddy as her, his arms wrapped around her waist and she kisses him again, deeply, and his head is spinning and this is all he's ever wanted and she pulls away and rests her forehead against his.

'run away with me,' she whispers, 'let's just leave. you can do that, right?'

'we can do that,' he murmurs, 'i'll go anywhere with you.'

her eyes are glittering and she's never seemed so free before, a bird ready to spread its wings a fly, soar as he's always known she's wanted to do, and maybe she planned this, maybe everything just fell into place but it's inconsequential, none of it matters, nothing matters except the smile on her face and he's laughing as she's running again, tugging on his hand to make her follow her.

he glances down to see his boutonniere is ruined, so he plucks it out and lets it fall, white petals strewn on the path away and everything falls away.

everything except her.

10. tao (exo)/ jinwoon (2am): crazy- simple plan

'you read those?' the voice is condescending and zitao lowers the magazine ready to break out his wushu because think what you will, you do not use that tone on him.

of course, the guy who said it is roughly the size of a small mountain.

well, he looks roughly the same height as tao, but those shoulders are very broad.

'excuse me?' tao's tone is icy.

mountain-man jerks his head towards the gossip rag in zitao's hands.

'you read that ? it's a bunch of consumerism rubbish, feeding lies and false realities on the braindead populace, forcing unrealistic standards on anyone who buys into it.'

'not a fan, i'm guessing.'

the guy snorts. 'no.'

'good for you.' zitao raises the magazine again.

'look, you look like an okay guy, so i'm going to lay it straight: those things kill your braincells, and basically encapsulate everything that's wrong in the world today. false standards and enforcing conformity while claiming to admire individuality, consumeristic ideals making the world go crazy. so i'm just saying, open your eyes. don't let it draw you in. fight the system,' he urges.

'huang zitao!' the receptionist calls, and zitao closes the magazine. 'your anarchistic views are cute,' he says, 'but i'm only reading that because there's nothing else to do in a dentist's waiting room, so they're entirely wasted on me.'

the guy blinks at him as he stands up. 'oh.'

'yeah. oh.'

when zitao walks out of the dentists office, mountain man springs up from his chair.

'hey, look, sorry, we got off on the wrong foot,' he says quickly and tao raises an eyebrow. 

'no , really?'

'i'm jinwoon, and i'm in a band that's playing at a bar nearby later- if you'd like to swing around, i'd like to buy you a drink to apologise.' the guy smiles and wow, that smile is deadly, zitao thinks.

'give me the address,' he says primly, 'and i'll see how i feel.'