first round

lucky bag

1. namjoon (bts)/jisook (rainbow): delicate- damien rice

 

'namjoon,' she whispers and he cranes his neck to see if any of his friends would notice him slipping away.

he slips into the alley and presses her up against the wall, kissing away her giggles until she pushes him away and glows at him as she wipes , smoothing down her hair as she peeks out to see if anyone's watching.

he turns soft when he's with her, soft like he never is when he's with his 'crew', and she sneaks him into her house and bounces onto her bed, bubbly and effervescent and he grins and he walks towards her on his knees, knocking a plush monster out of the way as he encloses her in his arms.

he can barely remember how it started- mutual friends, hanging out with everyone else, and it somehow turned into this; him kissing his way down her neck as he traces featherlight patterns on her thighs, her eyes fluttering closed as her lips part slightly and he loses another piece of his heart every time he sees her.

but they don't exist as a they when they're not alone, and he gives a short bow and calls her jisook-noona and they go back to being loud with their friends and their voices ring out above the laughter and his heart drops when he sees her giggling at another guy and he tries to remember the whispers that they exist in in the silence.

 

2. jyp/q.ri (t-ara): hot patootie, bless my soul- rocky horror picture show

 

his eyebrows are creased as he bobs like a pigeon to the song and q.ri has to bite back a laugh even as she can't help but bounce along, infected by his passion for the song (and really, who decided to play rocky horror songs at a club, q.ri both hates and loves them) and somehow it turns into them dancing together dancing along exaggeratedly to the song.

it's a lot of fun and q.ri doesn't think she's ever laughed so much before in her laugh as he shimmies his shoulders as he revolves around her and she draws on every seventies dance movie she's ever seen.

she'll probably never see him again once the song is over (and she's fine with that) but she doesn't think she'll ever forget the experience as he bows to her as the song ends, kissing the back of her hand and thanking her for being one of the prettiest dance partners he's ever had.

 

3. seunghyun (ft island)/siwan (ze:a): you won't see me- the beatles

 

it had been days and seunghyun hadn't seen siwan.

days which would be inconsequential except that the last time seunghyun had seen siwan he'd confessed, told him he liked him and asked him out and siwan had just squeaked and split and seunghyun just wanted to talk to him, but he ducked away everytime he saw him in corridors, and wouldn't answer his phone or text messages and now he wasn't answering his front door.

'siwan, i just wanna know we're okay!' seunghyun yelled, never one to keep things small. 'i shouldn't have dropped that information on you, but i figured hey why not give it a go, because i really do like you, and i'd never know if i didn't try, right? i'm sorry if i made you uncomfortable, and okay, i get you're probably not interested and i will try my utmost to not make things awkward because it's okay if you don't like me, but i just- i'd like to still be friends with you, and i just think we really need to talk.' silence and still no one opening the door. 'please just open the door, dude.'

there was a sound of a throat clearing behind him, and seunghyun turned, ready to excuse his actions to a disgruntled neighbour- histrionics included- only to come face to face with a blushing siwan, grocery bag in hand.

seunghyun blinked at him and looked up at the house, looking back at siwan and pointing at the house. 'you weren't home.'

siwan shook his head. 'sorry i ran away the other day,' he mumbled.

'you haven't been answering your phone either,' seunghyun said accusingly and siwan looked up at him.

'my phone's been broken for two weeks, minwoo stood on it.'

'....oh.'

'i-' siwan stopped and cleared his throat. 'um. i- yes,' he blurted and seunghyun blinked.

'yes?'

siwan nodded. 'yes.'

'...yes what?'

seunghyun didn't think it was possible, but siwan's cheeks grew even redder.

'yes, i will go out with you,' he mumbled and seunghyun leaned in closer.

'scuse me?'

'yes, i'll date you,' siwan said a little louder, not meeting seunghyun's eyes and it took a few beats of stunned silence before seunghyun's grin threatened to split his face in two.

 

4. changsub (btob)/siwan (ze:a): aliens exist- blink182

 

'what are you doing?' siwan asks awkwardly as the guy in his room plays with his radio, and the guy looks up, tattoos all over his arms and siwan thinks , i'm going to die here. 'I mean, who are you?'

the guy blinks at him as if he's buffering and then grins, his eyes disappearing. 'changsub works,' he says and siwan blinks at him.

'huh?'

'you can call me changsub. names are generally used on this planet, right?'

planet?!

'huh?!'

changsub laughs and hold up the radio. 'this is pretty cool. kinda retro.'

'it's- it was my dad's,' siwan replies, helplessly confused.

'yeah? pretty cool. hey, do you like space?'

'space?'

changsub nods, starting to look at siwan as if he's slow. 'yeah, like with stars and other planets and black holes and stuff?'

'oh. uh. yeah.'

changsub grins again. 'i kinda stole my dad's sidecraft because i was bored, and while this place seems pretty cool it also seems pretty dead right now, and you seem pretty cool- if a bit weird- but you wanna go for a ride?'

'i'm weird?' siwan asks and changsub laughs.

'you wanna go visit the nearest milky way?'

what? siwan thinks even as he's nodding.

 

5. yun (lunafly)/minzy (2ne1): don't take your guns to town- johnny cash

 

yun walked into the saloon and ordered a strong drink- now that he was legal, he could. his gun hung heavy on his belt, and his mother's words rang in his head (don't take your guns to town) and he shook his head, reaching for his drink.

he sputtered and coughed as the whiskey burned its way down his throat and the guy next to him snorted back a laugh.

he narrowed his eyes, unable to make out any features under the bandanna over his face. 'didn't your mama tell you it's rude to wear a hand in doors?' he muttered petulantly and eyes twinkled at him from under the brim.

'i'm sure you do everything your mama tells you,' a rather high voice said and yun wondered if this kid was even old enough to be in the bar (don't take your guns to town).

the guy slid off his seat and patted his shoulder, bumping against him, and it was only afterwards, when yun cursed and realised that the kid had jacked his gun and his hat and bandanna came off as he chased him down the street did yun realise that he was actually a she and oh he was so not telling anyone he was robbed by a (pretty) girl as he sped up slightly.

 

6. donghyun (boyfriend)/jaejoong (jyj): smooth rider- dave matthews band

 

donghyun really didn't know how he got himself into situations like this. he really had no idea why he was running away from jung yunho who was yelling after him when jaejoong had been the one to sneak into his room and why the hell is jaejoong's friend so goddamn protective actually and why did he keep fooling around with jaejoong when like this always happened.

eventually, donghyun gave up and sat down in the middle of the road, ready to take whatever punishment yunho saw fit to deal out, only to be yanked to his feet by the collar (ow) and dragged back towards the dorm and yunho is berating him for breaking rules because people aren't allowed in his room after curfew and oh yeah yunho's head of the dorm.

'he was in my room!' donghyun protested, 'why am i getting into trouble?'

'okay for one, jaejoong doesn't listen to anything i say,' yunho said sternly and yeah, that sounds like jaejoong, 'and two, why the did you run then.'

'because-' donghyun stopped and narrowed his eyes.

'because?' yunho prompted.

'because jaejoong told me to and i was so confused i just did, okay,' donghyun huffed and yunho laughed and let go of his collar.

'he's a menace, he is. but listen, really, i'm obliged to report you to the housemother if i catch you guys again.'

'what am i meant to do?' donghyun demanded.

yunho shrugged. 'just tell him no.'

donghyun gave him a deadpan stare.

'it's worth a try!' yunho insisted.

no it really isn't, donghyun thinks tiredly when jaejoong sneaks into his room again later that night, murmuring amused apologies into his neck.

 

7. iu/derek hale (teen wolf): wild child- the doors

 

she seems to glow from the inside, luminescent in the night, and derek doesn't understand because that is definitely a young girl and yet- she smells like the moon (he'd never smelled the moon before).

she smiles and touched his shoulder lightly and he drops to his knees, fighting the urge to expose his belly, whimpering and completely submitting himself to her, and he knows- he just knows- that she is something else.

what, he's not sure, but she's everything, she seems to be life itself, old as time and yet innocent and young and derek is terrified and entranced, and he knows that he'd be no match for her if it came to that, but he still prowls around her as she flits through the forest, laughter ringing through the trees, and he growls at anything that came near, because even though somehow he knows there is no need, he is prepared to lay down his life to protect her.

this slight, beautiful girl, moonlight shining on her hair, voice soaring angelically as she sang, and derek just knows- just knows- that she is nothing like anything he has ever seen or ever will again, and the thought leaves him breathless.'

 

8. seungho (mblaq)/eunji (9muses): shiver- maroon 5

 

fire is racing underneath seungho's skin as he sees eunji leaning on a table, talking to her friends, legs long long long, and his mouth is dry because those jeans are hugging every curve and she glances over and her lips curve into a smile and seungho accidentally breaks his disposable chopsticks.

he is not being ridiculous. he is not being overdramatic.

it's just-

he can't forget miles and miles of smooth pale skin and warm breaths against his skin and it was just too much and he is forever thankful when she hurried over and grabs his hand and drags him out of the dining hall and presses him against the wall to press her lips against his and he can feel his smile grow as he reverses their positions and she laughs as he presses her against the wall, trailing hot kisses down her neck, before tasting her lips again.

'mmm,' she purrs, 'now that's what i like for dinner.'

seungho can't help but feel a little smug, running his hands over her hips. 'my room tonight?'

'kick byunghee out and we have ourselves a deal,' she says.

seungho shrugged. 'no problem.'

 

9. jungkook (bts)/taeil (block b): meg white- ray lamontagne

 

the boy was stuttering and blushing and taeil blinked up again and-

'what did you say your name was, again?'

the kid stopped midsentence (taeil had stopped trying to figure out what he'd been trying to say anyway).

'jeon jungkook,' he said and taeil thought hey, at least he got that out clearly.

'You're in one of the vocal classes i'm teaching for, right?'

jungkook nodded and taeil nodded as well.

'okay. so what did you want to talk to me about?'

taeil swore he heard snickers around the corner and jungkook looked like he wanted to slap someone and he jerked his head around to glance in that direction before looking back at taeil and taeil wished the young ones would stop being so tall, it was getting annoying, having to look up at practically everyone that called him hyung.

'i like you, ssaem. you have an amazing voice, and you're really cool, and i really like you.' taeil raised an eyebrow at the sudden firm determination in jungkook's voice and idly mulled over what he'd just said.

'okay, i see one rather large problem with what you just said,' taeil said carefully, trying not to let it show that he was kind of at a loss of what to do because it's not like this happened often.

'hmm?' jungkook looked confused.

'ssaem,' taeil repeated. 'it's not really appropriate, jungkook.'

'is it not allowed?'

taeil winced. 'no.'

he didn't know if it was or not really, but he was glad for the excuse to let this kid down gently.

jungkook looked like he was thinking about something. 'so,' he said slowly, 'if you weren't teaching me, you might like me back?'

'um.' what. 'yeah, sure.' why not.

jungkook nodded firmly. 'thank you, ssaem. i'm sorry for putting you in an awkward position, it won't happen again.' he bowed and taeil gave a small confused bow in return and jungkook turned around and marched towards to where the snickers came from. 'you hear that, you ers?! he said yes, kind of!'

taeil just shook his head and turned to leave.

 

10. cl (2ne1)/c.a.p (teen top): julianne- ben folds

 

it was nothing serious, she knew this as she took the guy home, all dark skin under her lips and tattoos across his back and he was hot, and that's why she chose him, murmured 'cl' in his ear when he introduced himself as 'cap' (what the name was that, really, but it didn't matter) and he was different (so so so different) and no, she did not miss zico- zeeaco- she did not and this proved it because, yeah she had fun.

it lasted for most of the next day, sheets twisted around their legs as she proved just how much she did not miss him, and did not think about how he would silly for the words that fell from her lips and then suddenly she was tired and she murmured 'i said i'd meet a friend, maybe you should go' against his shoulder and he didn't seem phased.

she wrapped the sheet around herself as she walked him to the door and he stopped and picked up a photoframe and wow she needs to get rid of that picture, she's been meaning to for a while now and he looks kind of horrified and why would he-

'that's an ex, i've been meaning to-'

'you're jiho's chaerin? please tell me you're not jiho's chaerin.'

she froze. 'what?'

'i'm bang minsoo.'

wow, .

'jiho's friend.'

'yeah.'

'well, . this is awkward.'

'bit more than that.'

'...it never happened?'

minsoo nodded. 'yeah.'

she tugged at her hair in frustration after he left because how the was she ever meant to forget him when she kept being reminded of him?

 

11. seunghyun (ft island)/jun.k (2pm): she's leaving home- the beatles

*tales!verse

 

'where are you going?' seunghyun asks, leaning over the fence and minjun jumps.

'why are you- shhhh,' minjun hissed furiously and seunghyun grins at him.

'why do you have a bag? are you running away? where are you going? is it fun? can i come? are you coming back? because i'd quite like to come back,' seunghyun says conversationally.

'have you been drinking?' minjun asks, sniffing the air and seunghyun snorts.

'it's like three in the morning, yeah, i've just gotten home. where are you going?'

minjun straightens his shoulders. 'i'm leaving. i'm done with home. it's holding me back, holding me down, i need to spread my wings and fly,' he declares.

seunghyun stares. 'but why? your parents are great and hyukjin's funny. and everything's paid for. where are you going to stay?'

minjun deflates. 'i- will find a place. i'm going to drive out of town.'

'why.'

'because i want to,' minjun snaps.

'can't you just go holiday?' seunghyun asks.

'why do you care?'

seunghyun shrugs. 'i don't know, i mean you can do whatever you like, it's your life, but i feel like you're overreacting and also a really pretty girl gave me a lift home- jinwoon's sister, don't you know him?- and like, why would you want to run away and leave town when there are things like friends and cool people and pretty girls and stuff here and your parents feed you and you have a brother you can get to do things-'

'i don't get hyukjin to do things,' minjun interrupts.

'-why not, junhyung gets me to do things all the time, isn't it like an older brother's perogative, hyukjin would totally do for you, he's great- but like also, if you leave i think your parents- where are you going- your parents would be sad which means my parents would be all like wah and it would be a very sad affair-'

'why are you following me.'

'-a very sad affair, and principal suho would probably give a really boring speech and it would just put a damper on the mood, you know? the mood of the whole town but like- i just feel like if you wanna get away just ask your parents, i'm sure they'd let you, why run away- where are you going now?'

'back inside,' minjun snaps.

'did i change your mind? why?'

'to get you to shut up,' minjun mutters and wrenches open the door, closing it on seunghyun's cheery 'good night!' and he storms up the stairs and drops his bag on his floor, collapsing on his bed. he scowls up at the ceiling before fumbling for the letter he'd left on his bed, ripping it up in annoyance because he could smell the alcohol coming off seunghyun and how dare he make sense in that state.

he heard a faint crash from next door and 'sorry!' followed by an annoyed 'shut up, seunghyun' and he pulled the covers over him in a huff, determined to try get some sleep before he had to get up for school the next morning.

 

12. changsub (btob)/kyumin (ledapple): sweet wanomi- bill withers

 

'where'd everyone go?' kyumin asked blearily, looking around and chagsub shook his head, leaning against the pillow on the wall, eyes closed.

kyumin had gotten so into the discussion him and changsub had been having he had not noticed that the ambient sounds had died down to only the crackling fire and actually when the hell did someone start that.

changsub yawned. 'they ed off a while ago.'

'you noticed them leave?'

'you're really ing stoned, aren't you,' changsub laughed, opening his eyes a little to look at kyumin and kyumin grinned.

'pretty much.'

'stoned enough to shut up and let me sleep?' changsub tried and kyumin started to nod before-

'wait, no, you have the only pillow, that's not fair, i also wanna sleep.'

'make a plan,' changsub mumbled, cuddling into the pillow and kyumin narrowed his eyes at him before shifting and dropping his head on changsub's stomach, eliciting a little 'oomph'.

'made a plan,' kyumin announced and changsub shoved his head lightly.

'so sleep already.'

 

13. jb (got7)/jun.k (2pm)/rupert grint: anthem- blink 182

*tales!verse

 

'why are we on this run?' jaebum hissed and minjun gave him a deadpan look.

'because we lost the game, now shut up.'

'why was i even involved, you're friends with my brother,' jaebum grumbled and minjun whacked him on the back of the head.

'don't act like you're not going to smoke it too. your dad is going to catch us, shut up.'

it's nighttime and dark and jaebum's getting annoyed by how minjun is dragging him around by his hoodie and why the hell was yesung out of town it just made everything more difficult but at least he'd given them a number even though- no, jaebum still doesn't understand why he and minjun were sent out, the guy only spoke english goddammit.

'hello?' minjun tried in accented english. 'i am looking for rupert?'

a window opened next to them and a redhead looked out.

'you jun.k? why are you the alley? come to the front door,' the guy said and closed the window, leaving minjun cleairng his throat in embarrassment.

'what did he say?' jaebum demanded. 'was that him?'

'yeah. he said to go to the front door,' minjun muttered.

'why did you just assume we had to go to the alley?' jaebum asked and minjun cuffed him upside the head again.

the guy seemed friendly enough, really chill, even though jaebum couldn't understand a thing he was saying (let him have a hit of his joint, so there's that), but minjun was still shushing jaebum when they snuck back into his house because no, he still doesn't understand why he was sent on the run.

 

14. youngjae (b.a.p)/krystal (f(x)): johnny- system of a down

*tales!verse

 

kyuhyun's walls were enclosing in on her and krystal couldn't-

'jesus, cho, what the do you take,' she bit out scrabbling at the door, not really getting a reply from him as she stumble down the stairs, needing to get outside, feeling everything whirling around her and she was starting to panic; she didn't know where she was, and colours were intensified, and the world was spinning too fast and she wanted out she needed off-

she screamed as hands gripped her shoulders, flailing out and hitting a solid chest.

'whoa, hey, i'm not going to do anything, are you okay?' a disembodied voice said (but no that wasn't right, not disembodied, there was someone right there.) 'you're krystal, right? your sister's in the same class as my brother, sungmin. my name's youngjae. are you okay?'

she was shaking as she gripped onto his shirt, feeling like he was secure, her knees starting to give way.

'okay, whoa, okay, did you just come from kyu's house?'

he was sitting on the ground with her, still holding her shoulders, and she nodded numbly.

he chuckled lightly. 'that explains a lot. you take something?'

she nodded again.

'wanna go inside?'

she shook her head frantically and he her shoulders lightly.

'okay, okay, outside it is. come, let's go sit in my garden and not in the middle of the road, okay?'

she let him help her up, still gripping to his shirt as he walked her slowly somewhere (the world was still swimming in front of her eyes) and she felt him help her down on the floor and then she was lying on the grass, her head in his lap, and he was smoothing her hair from her forehead, voice soft and soothing.

'you'll be fine, krystal, everything will be fine. i won't leave. you're okay. tell me what you're seeing.'

her breath hitched in her chest, the sunlight burning through her eyelids and she didn't want to open her eyes but the world was spinning and she was going to fall off and she reached out for youngjae's hand, gripping it tightly as she opened her eyes and began to try explain the colours dancing in the sky.

 

15. crazyno/nicole (kara): a kiss to send us off- incubus

 

'where are you going?' nicole asks.

'australia?' zyno replies, as if it should be obvious.

'oh.' she's quiet, and he opens his mouth to say something but- 'guess we should make this count then.' -she beats him to it.

and then he can't really say anything, not with a lapful of nicole and a mouth full of tongue and okay he's just going to go with this.

it's only afterwards, when she's basking in the afterglow, that he turns to face her with a wide grin.

'you know, i'm only going for two weeks.'

she blinks up at him, momentarily uncomprehending.

'it's just for a holiday. i'll be back before you know it.'

she squeals in annoyance and hits him over the head with the nearest pillow and he's laughing and covering his head because really, she should have let him finish.

'you , you made me think-! i'm not going to talk to you for the entire time you're away and you better get me a damn nice souvenir!'

(he still gets a goodbye kiss at the airport the next morning, and he knows she's not going to follow through with her threat)